September 2, 2013 @ 10:57 PM
daytona squared

so i just finished HS, got my first job and im thinking about getting a credit card and just using it to buy shit then paying it off with my paychecks to build credit

anyone else done this? a lot of my friends would say they'd just get a credit card and have their parents use it for groceries and shit and just pay it off quick to build credit but it sounds too good to be true.

anyway im a financial noob any help would be appreciated 

http://ilackdepth.tumblr.com/

September 2, 2013 @ 11:06 PM
radiobox

dont                        
September 2, 2013 @ 11:09 PM
Mr. Freeze

what an idiot.
September 2, 2013 @ 11:16 PM
ManyHenny

Getting a credit card is pretty simple.

Don't spend what you don't have.
September 2, 2013 @ 11:16 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

smh hahaha go back to high shcool
September 2, 2013 @ 11:35 PM
حريق

so i just finished HS, got my first job and im thinking about getting a credit card and just using it to buy shit then paying it off with my paychecks to build credit

anyone else done this? a lot of my friends would say they'd just get a credit card and have their parents use it for groceries and shit and just pay it off quick to build credit but it sounds too good to be true.

anyway im a financial noob any help would be appreciated 
Don't listen to these fuccbois -__- That is actually a great idea. It'll also be helpful when you apply for any kind of loan or apartment in that matter in the future. It will show you know how to pay your bills on time & you're reliable if you do so.  But be sure to pay on time, credit game will be fucked up if you miss payments. But interest rates will rape at first since you have no credit history. Idk how informed you are about how it works but basically, you'll end up paying more than what you spend. How much more you may ask? It depends on how you good/bad that interest rates are.

demdownvotestho

September 2, 2013 @ 11:39 PM
unoedoe

^truth

You usually have to start with a bank credit card though.  Just be responsible, pay your bills on time and know what you can/can't afford.
September 3, 2013 @ 12:50 AM
Mr_Chukes

You gotta do this to live in America 
dont go ans blow your money on apcs and Rick or whatever. 
Just send a little and pay it back soon. 
September 3, 2013 @ 12:59 AM
analpolypnamedjesse

set your credit limit to $500 or $1000. Although it might seem like a good idea to pay it off immediately, you are gonna want to a have a constant balance and PAY THE BILL ON TIME. Rinse and repeat as needed.
September 3, 2013 @ 01:05 AM
Thibault

Easiest way is to get a student credit card from the bank you have a checking/debit account at. Usually the limit on these is very low due to your lack of credit history. After you get it just do this:

Although it might seem like a good idea to pay it off immediately, you are gonna want to a have a constant balance and PAY THE BILL ON TIME. Rinse and repeat as needed.
September 3, 2013 @ 01:12 AM
mackness

You gotta do this to live in America 
dont go ans blow your money on apcs and Rick or whatever. 
Just send a little and pay it back soon. 
Don't listen to Joe, spend it all on Rick

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

September 3, 2013 @ 01:19 AM
Redline

This.
The urge to borrow $3000 and go out and buy dat 60" widescreen or whatever the fuck will be high, just don't.

Also, some people say you can build credit faster by keeping a balance on your card so the bank can "make a little money on you."
Complete bullshit, just pay on time.
September 3, 2013 @ 01:22 AM
No Fuxx Given

Good idea to start building credit at a young age, just remember the goal is to build credit and not ball out so don't go overboard and u should be ight.

Fly on little wing

September 3, 2013 @ 01:23 AM
kapu14

i do this too bro 
September 3, 2013 @ 01:43 AM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

Join a credit union and cop a 3% APR car loan.
September 3, 2013 @ 01:50 AM
suparise71

suspended

watch this for info on how to live your life

- Tracy Jackson

https://twitter.com/tracyjackson71

September 3, 2013 @ 02:07 AM
SupraRZ

Because of the Credit Card Act of 2009, don't you have to be 21 to get a credit card these days without a cosigning parent? Bruh, you're just gonna get denied and end up wasting an inquiry on your credit report (which takes two years to get removed).

Ask your parents to make you an authorized user on one of their cards. You don't even have to use it. As long as they pay their bills on time you are building credit history. But if they go into collections, you're fucked b.
September 3, 2013 @ 02:18 AM
ManyHenny

Because of the Credit Card Act of 2009, don't you have to be 21 to get a credit card these days without a cosigning parent?
Yes, this is true.

I couldn't get a CC when I was 18, which was BS because A) I was already making money then and B) my parents refused to co-sign me.
September 3, 2013 @ 03:10 AM
Soul Rize

the greatest advice i learned was from a person that said if can start all over was. Get 2 credit cards. 
use one card wait for the bill then pay it with the other one
and when the bill comes in a month later for the other one pay it
and keep going and it will dramatically increase your credit vs just use one pay one month use it pay one month.

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

September 3, 2013 @ 09:54 PM
drbazing

Been doing it since 08 when I was a freshman. Only used it for school like books, gas, food, etc.
September 4, 2013 @ 02:17 AM
ManyHenny

the greatest advice i learned was from a person that said if can start all over was. Get 2 credit cards. 
and keep going and it will dramatically increase your credit vs just use one pay one month use it pay one month.
How exactly do you pay for a CC bill with another CC?
September 4, 2013 @ 02:31 AM
mrh

How exactly do you pay for a CC bill with another CC?
don't think he meant to say that actually.  Basically just suggests switch between cards each month and pay em off on time and you'll build credit faster.

And I got a credit card with Wells Fargo once I was 18, been paying it off on time ever since and it's definitely gonna be great for once I'm done with school 
September 4, 2013 @ 03:33 AM
daytona squared

well some good/bad advice thanks guys ill weigh my options 

September 4, 2013 @ 03:36 AM
mrh

The "bad" is from kids that dont have any idea what they're talking about.  You should definitely do it and just listen to the common sense advice in here
September 4, 2013 @ 03:43 AM
daytona squared

yea thats how im takin it

September 4, 2013 @ 07:24 AM
jamestapoz

Open a BoA BankAmericard and use it to only fill up on gas. They give you 3% cash back, just make sure you pay it all off on your statement and within a year you'll have some sort of credit.
September 4, 2013 @ 09:48 AM
sandz

The way I am building my credit is via my car loan, I got a $5,800 loan to get a car and have had it for about a year now. At the start I was paying the min repayment ($60 a fortnight) I didnt realise untill about 4 months later that I was getting charged $50 intrest a month. When I became fulltime at my job I started paying $150 a week, each week and in the last 6 months I have gotten it from 5,200 down to 2000 as of this week.

It's a 5 year loan, I should have it toasted by January.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ShopandSwapLTD // http://instagram.com/l73_ For sale - http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/210537#4242476

September 4, 2013 @ 02:12 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

The way I am building my credit is via my car loan, I got a $5,800 loan to get a car and have had it for about a year now. At the start I was paying the min repayment ($60 a fortnight) I didnt realise untill about 4 months later that I was getting charged $50 intrest a month. When I became fulltime at my job I started paying $150 a week, each week and in the last 6 months I have gotten it from 5,200 down to 2000 as of this week.

It's a 5 year loan, I should have it toasted by January.
What APR % did you get? I got a $7,500 3 year car loan at 2.99% APR through my credit union. Minimum payments are $232 a month, but I pay $250 so I don't have to deal with interest. Car loans are dope because you build up credit while having a new(ish) car.
September 4, 2013 @ 03:31 PM
craigsagersuit

I got a bank of america credit card myself with about 5 hunna limit on it. pops reminded me never to spend 50% of it so my max would be around 250 ish everytime. buy all my shit with the credit card and pay everything off after the closing date. also +1 to what dude said up there, don't spend what you don't have. lotta cats don't seem to understand that.

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

September 4, 2013 @ 04:14 PM
SHARKlN

Credit cards offer more security, flexibility, and rewards for spending.

Just be responsible with your spending and set up a monthly automated payment to cover the full balance.

Please login first to reply.