November 18, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
xxxyungoonxxx

so yeah im coming from canada so cali/america will be pretty alien to me. any advice? things not to say/to do?
November 18, 2012 @ 11:09 PM
Fitch

I live in San Diego and can't really give advice, mainly because I don't know how different it really is where you're from.
November 18, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
xxxyungoonxxx

I live in San Diego and can't really give advice, mainly because I don't know how different it really is where you're from.

I'm really into house music. you know of any good clubs? Also hows the surfing? I've surfed in Australia and I want to get into it again.
November 18, 2012 @ 11:34 PM
daytona squared

dont move to san diego

rip subprime

November 19, 2012 @ 12:03 AM
teows

Do you know what part you're going to be staying in? If you're staying around like where SDSU is, it's very beach-town like. Plus they have this bomb ass chicken strip joint right near the campus.
November 19, 2012 @ 12:27 AM
bjornvan

dont let anybody know you from canada
November 19, 2012 @ 12:32 AM
Assblaster Slamcock

where in canada are you from? i came from canada to cali and its very different.
November 19, 2012 @ 12:43 AM
madhaussss

Why are you moving dude?

If you know people there, you'll figure it out. If you don't know anyone, why?

my dad is working there for a year. I don't know anyone.
where in canada are you from? i came from canada to cali and its very different.

Ottawa.
November 19, 2012 @ 12:44 AM
unemployed

ottawa is a shit town anyway anything will be better
November 19, 2012 @ 12:46 AM
madhaussss

not that bad for growing up but after you realize what life has to offer then yeah it is pretty dead. thats why im stoked to get out to cali, even if only for a year.
November 19, 2012 @ 01:12 AM
unemployed

not that bad for growing up but after you realize what life has to offer then yeah it is pretty dead. thats why im stoked to get out to cali, even if only for a year.

ye i feel u bruh
November 19, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
unknown force

Do you know what part you're going to be staying in? If you're staying around like where SDSU is, it's very beach-town like. Plus they have this bomb ass chicken strip joint right near the campus.

sdsu area is not like living next to the beach its like living next to a college campus

PB and OB are beachy

surfing is da best in ecinitas

it really depends on where in SD your moving to tho like mission valley, chulawanna or north county na mean?
November 19, 2012 @ 01:42 AM
JohnvHarrison

However it is, i'm sure it's better than Canada

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

November 19, 2012 @ 01:44 AM
Clarence_Boddicker

suspended

If you are 21 then, on the weekdays and you want to party and have a good time PB is the place to go (Pacific beach)

Main spots are, Tavern, PB Bar and Grill, Bar West, Typhoon Saloon. all in walking distance of each other. best days to go are Taco Tuesdays and Thirsty Thursdays. If you are into Asian women Thirsty Thursdays are the spot at PB.
Johnny Vs is also a great alternative to all them. There are a bunch of dive bars inbetweens you can find some good chill spots as well.

Friday, Saturdays are best to go downtown. Best spots for hip hop is B-Lo, and F-six, you into white chicks hit the double deuce, they got a sick mechanical bull lots of chicks get drunk and ride on. There are the vegas type clubs, Fluxx and Stingaree. they play house and dubstep tho hip hop very sparringly

You want Titty bars, hit up the red light district in Rosecrance, Lots strip clubs around that area.

You into that kareoke and asian eating, hit up Clairmont, mad asian bars, a Japanese hostess bar named legend and other spots.

Want hood shopping hit up Fam Mart off of Euclid, off of El cajon blvd and 56 street.

Freeways are mad easy and hardly ever any traffic except at rush hours but even then it aint shit

just remember these roads, the 15, 805, 5, the 8 and the 163 thats all you need to know.

anyhow enjoy your stay. San Diego kicks a lot of ass.

Oh as for surfing, you wanna hit up Delmar they got the best waves that and Oceanside
November 19, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
xxxyungoonxxx

If you are 21 then, on the weekdays and you want to party and have a good time PB is the place to go (Pacific beach)

Main spots are, Tavern, PB Bar and Grill, Bar West, Typhoon Saloon. all in walking distance of each other. best days to go are Taco Tuesdays and Thirsty Thursdays. If you are into Asian women Thirsty Thursdays are the spot at PB.
Johnny Vs is also a great alternative to all them. There are a bunch of dive bars inbetweens you can find some good chill spots as well.

Friday, Saturdays are best to go downtown. Best spots for hip hop is B-Lo, and F-six, you into white chicks hit the double deuce, they got a sick mechanical bull lots of chicks get drunk and ride on. There are the vegas type clubs, Fluxx and Stingaree. they play house and dubstep tho hip hop very sparringly

You want Titty bars, hit up the red light district in Rosecrance, Lots strip clubs around that area.

You into that kareoke and asian eating, hit up Clairmont, mad asian bars, a Japanese hostess bar named legend and other spots.

Want hood shopping hit up Fam Mart off of Euclid, off of El cajon blvd and 56 street.

Freeways are mad easy and hardly ever any traffic except at rush hours but even then it aint shit

just remember these roads, the 15, 805, 5, the 8 and the 163 thats all you need to know.

anyhow enjoy your stay. San Diego kicks a lot of ass.

Oh as for surfing, you wanna hit up Delmar they got the best waves that and Oceanside

Under 21 sadly. I'l definitely buy a used board and hit up Delmar/Oceanside. How long is the drive to LA? Are there buses to LA?
November 19, 2012 @ 02:03 AM
i_hate_simps

sd has hot chicks
November 19, 2012 @ 05:39 AM
Fitch

You can get to LA in like 2 hours-ish. Depends on which part exactly. Not sure if there's buses that go there, but I would look into it. As for surfing, although I'm not into it, I think Del Mar and Oceanside were good suggestions. I have relatives that live in Oceanside/Carlsbad area and go surfing everyday. Although, if you're used to the big waves that I hear Australia has a bunch of, the ones here may look rather small. But then again, I've never been to Australia. Co-sign on what others suggest. Check out PB and OB, although I find OB very hippy-ish. Also, stay away from Hillcrest at 2 in the morning. If you're straight or non-transsexual, you won't fit in. I'm under 21 too, so I can't give specific suggestions on clubs and bars and shit.

Please login first to reply.