Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
May 16, 2012 @ 02:01 PM
dmwalking

What i dont get is why black people think we owe them something because they were our fucking slaves back in the day. Even new generation think they deserve shit cause of family members that were once slaves.

America DOES owe them something. America was built on the backs of free, violence complied labor. The least America can do is return the favor somehow. That was the idea behind the reparations that never happened. I guess they're taking these things out of history class these days, huh? Doesn't surprise me.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

May 16, 2012 @ 02:07 PM
dmwalking

It cause black people are poor.
White people were slaves too, but they were poor. It has nothing to do with race.
Civil Rights people made it a race issue in the 50's-60's
I mean when the U.S. first decided who could vote only white's WITH LAND could vote
So the United States has historically been Anti-poor people.
It just so happens that the majority of the ghettos in the United States are filled with black people.
But not because they are black, but because America is unkind to the poor.
Its Socioeconomic, not skin color. Only idiots think skin color matters.

Ayo my dude. You seem intelligent. But damn that whole fragment is stupid as hell. If it wasn't about skin color, segregation woul've never been an issue. Seriously, are they just taking things out of history books now? The civil rights movement made it about race? SMFH. The civil rights movement was about CIVIL RIGHTS! Black people didn't have the same rights! And once segregation fell, the powers that be ensured that most blacks wouldn't have the same opportunities either. Yes a lot of it is socioeconomic these days. Poverty is the new racism, as I like to say. But to act like it's not about race is to basically blindfold yourself and plug your ears. Racism is still a relevant factor.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

May 16, 2012 @ 02:09 PM
dmwalking

It's a idea passed down from generation to generation in black families. It comes from reparations that Natives got. Blacks feel they're owed something from the Government because of slavery. But what Black people don't understand is that Native's ONLY got reparations because America was basically stolen from them. If blacks were to receive any kind of reparations, it would have to be from the French and Spanish, and it would be to the northern African countries the French/Spanish were raping for 200+ years.

Seriously b? So America is completely clean in the matter? America wasn't founded on free labor? Slave owners weren't rapists and murderers? Am I the only one who actually got taught black history growing up? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills by reading this thread. The igonrance flaunted as educated opinion is blowing my mind!

May 16, 2012 @ 02:12 PM
dmwalking

what kills me is how radical civil rights activists will lunge at any opportunity to play the race card i.e george zimmerman but if a black guy shot a white guy, nobody cares

I care. Unless it was a cop. Then I'd believe it was self defense. I don't just care about white people (Or in Zimmerman's case, Mexican/White) kill black people. I care if that murder was based on racial profiling. Black people can racially profile eachother too. It's not about skin color. It's about ignorance and injustice.

May 16, 2012 @ 02:15 PM
dmwalking

word i wasn't trying to say i felt it was a personal attack, but that the same sort of privilege extends beyond just white people. i definitely recognize that i have experienced privileges because i am white when a black person would not have. that being said, it is the way things are and im not sure what i can really do about it. feelin like if i take advantage im the white devil and if i go out of my way to help those less fortunate im the 'white savior'.
i think in the end its just best to be aware and spread it and avoid generalization as much as possible

Just do the right thing because it's right. In the end, your intentions will come to light. Don't worry about what people think. Just do the right thing. No Spike Lee.

May 16, 2012 @ 02:50 PM
th3kid

Media. There are plenty of normal, non ghetto black people who hold down steady jobs, support families, etc. But that doesn't get the spotlight. White people have their ghetto people too. But THAT doesn't get the spotlight either. And IMO, the biggest reason? Gangsta rap. What's the most popular music amongs the black community? Music that glorifies negative stereotypes. This influences young minds and propogates negativity and so the cycle of ignorance continues and the media doesn't even have to try hard to make black people look bad. They do it on their own. If the most popular music amongst black people was classical, or country (not saying it should be), then white america wouldn't see them as so threatening.

I can also go into how black people have been systematically been given vehicles to destroy themselves (CIA feeding crack to black communities, allowing lifetime welfare recipients, Rockerfeller laws). Poor people do poor people things (Look at "trailer trash.") So if you keep a large number of a race poor (look at part of the continent of Africa), they'll keep the cycle going themselves.

These are just a couple of my theories.

I agree with the second part of what you're saying, but gangster music, nahh. The music reflects the people. The rapper comes from that situation so what they speak on is simply a reflection of that environment because that's all they know. And the people listening can't relate to violins and pianos, nor can they relate to "my tracker broke my heart so I'm drowning my sorrow in a bottle of whiskey" you know? I think people listen to what they can (or want to) relate to.
May 16, 2012 @ 03:07 PM
th3kid

It's a idea passed down from generation to generation in black families. It comes from reparations that Natives got. Blacks feel they're owed something from the Government because of slavery. But what Black people don't understand is that Native's ONLY got reparations because America was basically stolen from them. If blacks were to receive any kind of reparations, it would have to be from the French and Spanish, and it would be to the northern African countries the French/Spanish were raping for 200+ years.

Seriously b? So America is completely clean in the matter? America wasn't founded on free labor? Slave owners weren't rapists and murderers? Am I the only one who actually got taught black history growing up? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills by reading this thread. The igonrance flaunted as educated opinion is blowing my mind!

You're completely missing the point. YES America had slaves, YES this country was built on the back of African American Slaves. But should England then pay reparations to the Irish and the rest of the European countries they had in a choke hold? Should France pay reparations to the whole of Egypt and all the other Mediterranean countries Napoleon ruled and the people he enslaved? I mean shit, should the Egyptian government give reparations to the families of slaves who built the pyramids? What about Alexander? The great conqueror, he no doubt had slaves, should those people receive reparations from the Italian government even though at the time Italy was a separate entity at the time? Should the fucking Nords families have to pay money to the people of the countries their ancestors pillaged? Fuck outta here with that shit fam.

Afrocentric ass black people act like Africa was some fucking holy and civil land before Europeans got there and enslaved all the people and pillaged the land. No nigga. That shit was just like any other place that wasn't Europe back then. Underdeveloped and a constant battle for territory and resources.

LIKE I SAID, the ONLY reason AMERICAN BLACKS DON'T get reparations is because AMERICA IS NOT THEIR ORIGINAL LAND, but in the case of NATIVES, IT IS THEIR LAND. IF BLACKS WERE TO RECEIVE REPARATIONS, it would be from the SPANISH, ENGLISH, and possible FRENCH to the NORTHERN AFRICANS and the countries they inhabit, BECAUSE THEIR LAND WAS STOLEN AND PILLAGED FROM THOSE EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.

Niggas think they should get reparations just because of an injustice. If that was the case then every country on the planet would owe someone. EVERY PEOPLE AS FAR AS RACE IS CONCERNED HAS BEEN ENSLAVED AT SOME POINT.
May 16, 2012 @ 03:28 PM
homelessbaby

African Americans ( not black people) are viewed in a certain matter because they have been perpetuating this idea that they're weak willed and easily controlled ( drugs, advertising, etc) I mean we can take it back to slavery. You cant say black people because this is not seen as a worldly view of everyone of our race. Black people were also targeted by whites because of the fear of a black planet ( no public enemy). If you think about it, if Europeans never took action, Black people would not be like this. They would most likely be the wealthiest of the races and the world would still most likely be evil only we'd be asking this about whites. So I guess the best answer to this as to why black people are viewed the way they are: The White European Man wanted them to be viewed so and strongly continue to maintain this perception for everyone including african americans themselves. Factors play into this though: religion, sex and, money. This question itself shows the issue at hand. Why only black people? Every ethnicity has strong negative stereotypes so why are we only asking about black people? Because thats what the white man wants. To divide and conquer. To have everyone pointing the guns at each other because even if he goes down with us, he's still brought everyone down with him and at the end even with everyone dead, he still won in his sick twisted little mind.
May 16, 2012 @ 03:29 PM
homelessbaby

ROFL
May 16, 2012 @ 03:45 PM
dmwalking

I agree with the second part of what you're saying, but gangster music, nahh. The music reflects the people. The rapper comes from that situation so what speak is simply a reflection of that environment because that's all they know. And the people listening can't relate to violins and pianos, nor can they relate to "my tracker broke my heart so I'm drowning my sorrow in a bottle of whiskey" you know? I think people listen to what they can (or want to) relate to.

The music reflects a demographic within a demographic. That's like saying country music represents all white people. But people associate gangta/trap rap with black people in general. It's erroneous. BUUUUT, the media (including white owned BET) propogates that and impressionable young fatherless black men are more than willing to imitate their idols who've been purposely (in my belief) placed to sabotage them. And young black girls are more than willing to imitate the behavior and dress that they see as desirable by the idealized idolized cultural alpha males. I'm telling you bro. Gangsta rap plays a major role IMO. Both to ruin the image of black people and to ruin black people themselves.

May 16, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
YetixHunting

I've never heard of "blacklining." Might you be confusing this with "redlining"?

Always Hungry

May 16, 2012 @ 03:51 PM
ellol

I think it is because as we grew up, we learned about slavery and the stereotypes associated with african americans in our education system, being part of the curriculum. So with this, although we don't really mean it, we subconsciously outcast them. (aversive racism)
May 16, 2012 @ 03:57 PM
dmwalking

Niggas think they should get reparations just because of an injustice. If that was the case then every country on the planet would owe someone. EVERY PEOPLE AS FAR AS RACE IS CONCERNED HAS BEEN ENSLAVED AT SOME POINT.

Judging from your opinion, you're capitalist, right? The constitution states that a person's labor is their personal property. A laborer is worth their wages. Well slaves, based on our constitution and eventual acknowledgment that black ARE humans, are due their wages. And what usually happens when a deceased person doesn't get their benefit while they're alive? It goes to their next of kin/beneficiary. America became rich off of free labor and left African Americans in the mudwith minimal help to get on their feet. If you believe in any sort of justice, it's hard to deny that the least America can do is give some sort of benefit. Free college or college at a discount?IDK something. At the very least stop setting them up for failure.

This is my opinion.

May 16, 2012 @ 04:37 PM
th3kid

I agree with the second part of what you're saying, but gangster music, nahh. The music reflects the people. The rapper comes from that situation so what speak is simply a reflection of that environment because that's all they know. And the people listening can't relate to violins and pianos, nor can they relate to "my tracker broke my heart so I'm drowning my sorrow in a bottle of whiskey" you know? I think people listen to what they can (or want to) relate to.

The music reflects a demographic within a demographic. That's like saying country music represents all white people. But people associate gangta/trap rap with black people in general. It's erroneous. BUUUUT, the media (including white owned BET) propogates that and impressionable young fatherless black men are more than willing to imitate their idols who've been purposely (in my belief) placed to sabotage them. And young black girls are more than willing to imitate the behavior and dress that they see as desirable by the idealized idolized cultural alpha males. I'm telling you bro. Gangsta rap plays a major role IMO. Both to ruin the image of black people and to ruin black people themselves.

Well I think it's only fair to associate a certain people to a certain thing if the MAJORITY are participating in an act, it's unfair to those few that don't do it, but if you were to take the time to learn every little thing about every little person it would take you a lifetime. I associate white people with country, classical, and rock. I associate black people with hip-hop, R&B, and blues. It's not that those genre's represent EVERY SINGLE PERSON from that particular race, but it reflects the majority with exception of a few outlying people.

Judging from your opinion, you're capitalist, right? The constitution states that a person's labor is their personal property. A laborer is worth their wages. Well slaves, based on our constitution and eventual acknowledgment that black ARE humans, are due their wages. And what usually happens when a deceased person doesn't get their benefit while they're alive? It goes to their next of kin/beneficiary. America became rich off of free labor and left African Americans in the mudwith minimal help to get on their feet. If you believe in any sort of justice, it's hard to deny that the least America can do is give some sort of benefit. Free college or college at a discount?IDK something. At the very least stop setting them up for failure.

This is my opinion.

I am a capitalist for the most part, yeah. But where in the constitution does it say that labor is property? I never heard of that, so I googled it, this is what comes up, although I do agree with the philosophy, that doesn't make it law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_theory_of_property

If this was about 50-60 years ago, setting Blacks up for failure would be a strong argument, but I think now that black people are so far gone that the government doesn't need to do it anymore, they do it themselves at this point. Like I said in my OG post, Black people are like a self fulfilling prophecy (as EVERYONE becomes with their stereotypes both good and bad) where they become this ignorant race/class.

But the idea that blacks should get something because of poor treatment and injustice is such a shitty argument, Europeans been fucking up the world since they began (even before then with the Nords and Celts) Spanish, Portuguese, English, French, etc. They have it out for ANYONE, even their own people, they didn't target blacks because of skin color, that was simply a byproduct of Slavery. Peep the movie Amistad, there was no mention of the main slave's (can't remember his name) race until the END of the movie, it was simply about the fact that he was property.
May 16, 2012 @ 05:20 PM
Black Donald Trump

black people are never going to get reparations for unpaid labor that SOME of their great-grandparents did many years ago. just face it its not going to happen. that being said there already are a lot of organizations and ways for black people to get help to get out of poverty and get an education. this obviously doesnt go for all black people but the whole entitlement thing is only holding them back. at some point you have to stop complaining about things and just rely on yourself to get yours.

the thing is, the conditions of predominantly black neighborhoods or communities are worse now than they were 40 years ago, at least economically, do in large part to welfare and the projects. i honestly believe these two things, along with the crack epidemic(which was started by the us government but was also sold to black people by black people and still is to this day), contribute to the current standing of the inner city black condition as much as slavery. i am not against welfare to some degree but when you put thousands of the poorest people around in one place, all living off welfare, it breeds a certain mentality that has been detrimental (it happens with other races, too, but i think it is worst in the inner city where so many people are highly concentrated, and in the inner city these people tend to be black). you have to understand that poverty is not simply not having money, but a mentality. generational poverty is extremely difficult to overcome and welfare does little to nothing to help people do that, in fact i would go so far as to say it gets in the way.
a couple of years ago my father let this guy stay in our rental property for basically free. he had gotten out of prison and had a wife and 6 kids, who all lived there, both parents coming from generational poverty.for full disclosure, the family is white so this is more an illustration of what it is like to grow up on welfare rather than what it is to grow up black. anyway, he was a basically a handyman with no high school degree. he was supposed to try to fix up the house while he stayed there but instead we had him go get certified for some trade so that he could get a real job. he did, and got a job, but once he did they got dropped from welfare and ended up with less resources coming in than before. once you are on welfare there is little to no incentive to get off it. in addition, his 6 kids tore our house up. carpets and tile floors ripped up, holes in walls, doors torn off, the kids went in. this mentality of not caring about/ trashing your surroundings is also a big problem with the impoverished. he was supposed to help fix up the house but instead his kids destroyed it. one of his kids is 20 years old and hasn't graduated high school, he just apparently lays around all day and will likely end up living off welfare as well. bottom line is, at some point you have to stop relying on others and do things for yourself.
i recognize that african americans have gotten fucked throughout american history, but the truth is that in this day and age they can have a better future if they are REALLY motivated, but the culture of entitlement and poverty of the mind has to end for that to happen in the black community as a whole, as well as any other highly impoverished community.
May 16, 2012 @ 06:17 PM
dmwalking

If this was about 50-60 years ago, setting Blacks up for failure would be a strong argument, but I think now that black people are so far gone that the government doesn't need to do it anymore, they do it themselves at this point. Like I said in my OG post, Black people are like a self fulfilling prophecy (as EVERYONE becomes with their stereotypes both good and bad) where they become this ignorant race/class.

But the idea that blacks should get something because of poor treatment and injustice is such a shitty argument, Europeans been fucking up the world since they began (even before then with the Nords and Celts) Spanish, Portuguese, English, French, etc. They have it out for ANYONE, even their own people, they didn't target blacks because of skin color, that was simply a byproduct of Slavery. Peep the movie Amistad, there was no mention of the main slave's (can't remember his name) race until the END of the movie, it was simply about the fact that he was property.

Dog, are you unaware of the "coincidences" (read:conspiracies) against black americans? From the CIA pumping drugs into black communites, to Tuskeegee, to the assassinations of the most powerful voices of solidarity, to the systematic degredation of a 2nd resurgence in black consciousness (hip hop), to Rockerfeller laws, to planned parenthood. Trust me. It's not just about property bro. There are definitely people who believe in eugenics (the founder of planned parenthood being one of them) who are trying to hold black people down.

I do agree though. At this point, mission complete. Enough damage has been done that most of the work does itself. Latinos are next on that list. Arizona is the current lab for that.

And Europeans should be paying "reparations" as well. That's my opinion. It's like, what do we do with a guy we falsely imprisoned for 40 years? Oops? Nah, dude deserves something to compensate for that. That's justice. Likewise, what do you do with a people who has been systematically oppressed? Oops? Nah. But reparations will never happen because they're STILL oppressing black people. And this is happening around the world b.

May 16, 2012 @ 06:39 PM
dmwalking

i recognize that african americans have gotten fucked throughout american history, but the truth is that in this day and age they can have a better future if they are REALLY motivated, but the culture of entitlement and poverty of the mind has to end for that to happen in the black community as a whole, as well as any other highly impoverished community.

Good post. This is why I believe that gangsta/trap rap is basically propaganda to deter young black men from pursuing opportunities that can build them wealth. Cuz you're right, opportinities are there. Dudes can basically get PAID to go to college with the amount of grants out there.

May 16, 2012 @ 07:25 PM
sharky

here's the thing though, the culture of entitlement and poverty of the mind is SYSTEMIC. when something is so widespread like a lack of motivation in the underclass then there is something wrong with the world they live in and it should not be up to them to simply motivate themselves and succeed on an individual level. constantly along the line of a poor person's life, due to the education system or the welfare system or w.e, they get fucked over due to the things that are out of their control.

obviously motivation would help the black ppl (or any impoversihed person) succeed but hard work still isn't a guarantee that you will have a better life. A better education system, more job opportunities, more cultural capital, improvemnts in the welfare system would help entire groups a lot more effectively.

i just really wanna stay away from victim blaming. if one truly believes that everyone is born equal then one would realize that it's the environment that produces what they become. environments that promote poverty have been constructed over long periods of time through actions that the impoverished have no control over.

the smallest things make a difference too. like the food a baby gets to eat in its early years has a large impact on how intelligent it will be in the future. healthier diets also promote motivation and hope. a healthy mind has been proven to reduce the chances of certain diseases as well. our bodies react to the slightest changes in our environment and it's up to everybody to make all environments equitable.
May 16, 2012 @ 07:56 PM
th3kid

Dog, are you unaware of the "coincidences" (read:conspiracies) against black americans? From the CIA pumping drugs into black communites, to Tuskeegee, to the assassinations of the most powerful voices of solidarity, to the systematic degredation of a 2nd resurgence in black consciousness (hip hop), to Rockerfeller laws, to planned parenthood. Trust me. It's not just about property bro. There are definitely people who believe in eugenics (the founder of planned parenthood being one of them) who are trying to hold black people down.

I do agree though. At this point, mission complete. Enough damage has been done that most of the work does itself. Latinos are next on that list. Arizona is the current lab for that.

And Europeans should be paying "reparations" as well. That's my opinion. It's like, what do we do with a guy we falsely imprisoned for 40 years? Oops? Nah, dude deserves something to compensate for that. That's justice. Likewise, what do you do with a people who has been systematically oppressed? Oops? Nah. But reparations will never happen because they're STILL oppressing black people. And this is happening around the world b.

No doubt that the government been keeping blacks down. Another example of it would be the distribution of welfare and financial aid in homes where you have 80% of the poverty stricken families being black, but the government saying if there's male/father figure in the home, no aid would be given. Even back to slave days, separating the male slave from his family. As the later slave owning generations went on and they lost sight of the slaves being workers, it was about the separation and division of blacks because at that point the slave owners hated them.

I feel you man. I do. But for you to expect those European countries to have to shell out cheese for ALL of the people and countries they oppressed throughout history is simply unreasonable and unrealistic. They would literally have to give up everything to those countries/people.In France's case, especially Egypt, all the shit there that's made from the gold they stole from Egypt. Smh.

Black people may still be oppressed, i think the scale is far more minuscule than it was back then (Being thrown off a boat Vs. Not getting a job).

I don't know if I agree that latinos as a whole are next to be oppressed either, because Latino would be Central and South Americans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and even the Spanish. I think it's just Mexican's alone. And even then, I don't think it's about race either. It's about the fact that Mexico is entirely too dependent on the US and the US is trying to tame their dependence. Like when you and your bitch argue, and you threaten to leave and the bitch is like "But baby I need you." It's just an argument right now. Another factor would the government wanting to tax those immigrants, they see people in the country that aren't suppose to be here as money out of their pocket, and they wanna keep the cash flow going, so they put the pressure on Arizona and the surrounding states to get them out of there.
May 16, 2012 @ 07:58 PM
th3kid

Shoutsout to you guys participating in the debate cool
May 16, 2012 @ 08:08 PM
Black Donald Trump

here's the thing though, the culture of entitlement and poverty of the mind is SYSTEMIC. when something is so widespread like a lack of motivation in the underclass then there is something wrong with the world they live in and it should not be up to them to simply motivate themselves and succeed on an individual level. constantly along the line of a poor person's life, due to the education system or the welfare system or w.e, they get fucked over due to the things that are out of their control.

obviously motivation would help the black ppl (or any impoversihed person) succeed but hard work still isn't a guarantee that you will have a better life. A better education system, more job opportunities, more cultural capital, improvemnts in the welfare system would help entire groups a lot more effectively.

i just really wanna stay away from victim blaming. if one truly believes that everyone is born equal then one would realize that it's the environment that produces what they become. environments that promote poverty have been constructed over long periods of time through actions that the impoverished have no control over.

the smallest things make a difference too. like the food a baby gets to eat in its early years has a large impact on how intelligent it will be in the future. healthier diets also promote motivation and hope. a healthy mind has been proven to reduce the chances of certain diseases as well. our bodies react to the slightest changes in our environment and it's up to everybody to make all environments equitable.

no doubt that people are affected and controlled by there environment and not everyone is born equal, thats what i was trying to say. it is totally systemic, and welfare/entitlement is part of it, its just another way the government is controlling the lives of millions of blacks to this day. but saying it should not be up to them to motivate themselves is wrong and that goes for poor, rich black white whatever if you cant motivate yourself, no matter how hard it is, you are done.

i agree school systems desperately need help, but schools are not made effective simply by throwing money at them. parents need to be involved and the cultures within schools need to change. people need to look for help and give help on an individual level rather than through the government, that is much more effective in my opinion.
as for the welfare system i think history has shown that it is pretty ineffective, and it would be hard to improve given that we are talking about the government which is pretty ineffective/inefficient at just about everything it does.
i know it is extremely difficult but black/poor people HAVE to motivate themselves and take their lives in their own hands or they will never see a better future no matter what the government does.
May 16, 2012 @ 08:21 PM
Black Donald Trump

Good post. This is why I believe that gangsta/trap rap is basically propaganda to deter young black men from pursuing opportunities that can build them wealth. Cuz you're right, opportinities are there. Dudes can basically get PAID to go to college with the amount of grants out there.

I dont think thats what gangsta/trap music is about at all. if you really think about it its about saying fuck it, im going to take shit in my own hands and make something for myself. i mean trap music is basically supposed to be played to hype you up and get you motivated. the violence part is shitty but if im really honest with myself and ask what i would do if i had absolutely nothing growing up and the only school i could go to was shitty and my chances at a good college were 1000 to 1, i probably would have said fuck it and started flipping or making music too.
end of the day this type of music provides some sort of motivation
May 16, 2012 @ 08:26 PM
Black Donald Trump

what do you suggest for reparations?i mean if we gave every black person 20,000 dollars you really think that would help? it would just cause chaos and then in 5 years everything would be just as bad as before.
May 16, 2012 @ 08:31 PM
Black Donald Trump

no doubt that people are affected and controlled by there environment and not everyone is born equal, thats what i was trying to say. it is totally systemic, and welfare/entitlement is part of it, its just another way the government is controlling the lives of millions of blacks to this day. but saying it should not be up to them to motivate themselves is wrong and that goes for poor, rich black white whatever if you cant motivate yourself, no matter how hard it is, you are done. i know its hard, my elementary school was filled with kids from the projects and i've seen them grow up and go through that disillusionment. it sucks. a lot. still though we need to motivate and work with each other rather than looking for money from the government that has screwed people over so many times and still is to this day. black people are victims but having a victim mentality will NEVER be the answer.

i agree school systems desperately need help, but schools are not made effective simply by throwing money at them. parents need to be involved and the cultures within schools need to change. people need to look for help and give help on an individual level rather than through the government, that is much more effective in my opinion.
as for the welfare system i think history has shown that it is pretty ineffective, and it would be hard to improve given that we are talking about the government which is pretty ineffective/inefficient at just about everything it does.
i know it is extremely difficult but black/poor people HAVE to motivate themselves and take their lives in their own hands or they will never see a better future no matter what the government does.
May 16, 2012 @ 08:46 PM
dmwalking

I don't know if I agree that latinos as a whole are next to be oppressed either, because Latino would be Central and South Americans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and even the Spanish. I think it's just Mexican's alone. And even then, I don't think it's about race either. It's about the fact that Mexico is entirely too dependent on the US and the US is trying to tame their dependence. Like when you and your bitch argue, and you threaten to leave and the bitch is like "But baby I need you." It's just an argument right now. Another factor would the government wanting to tax those immigrants, they see people in the country that aren't suppose to be here as money out of their pocket, and they wanna keep the cash flow going, so they put the pressure on Arizona and the surrounding states to get them out of there.

IDK man. Some of the stuff they're pulling in Arizona has me concerned. For now it's just the mexicans. But who knows how far that will go?

May 16, 2012 @ 08:58 PM
dmwalking

I dont think thats what gangsta/trap music is about at all. if you really think about it its about saying fuck it, im going to take shit in my own hands and make something for myself. i mean trap music is basically supposed to be played to hype you up and get you motivated. the violence part is shitty but if im really honest with myself and ask what i would do if i had absolutely nothing growing up and the only school i could go to was shitty and my chances at a good college were 1000 to 1, i probably would have said fuck it and started flipping or making music too.
end of the day this type of music provides some sort of motivation

That's one way to look at it.....but I mean...I don't know your background, but.....there's a lot more being said and exemplified in trap music. How many hustlers are good fathers? Good husbands/boyfriends? Good examples? How many of them have clearn criminal records? How many of them are currently incarcerated with all of their posessions confiscated? How many of them have retirement plans for themselves and college funds for their kids? And that's not even considering the violence aspect. The trap is called the trap for a reason. It's a TRAP! Few people escape and even less escape by quitting while they're ahead. It's a genre that glorifies and propogates many of the issues that plague the black community.

And I was in there shoes. I'm one of the lucky ones who was different though. And so SOME college was better than NO college cuz all my hustler friends were either losers or ballers who got locked or killed and have nothing to show for it. So I'm like psh, I'd rather do community college and have freedom than live like that. And like I said, grants can send dudes to school for free with money left over. But it's all about mentality. IMO, I escaped because I never admired hustlers so gangsta music never motivated me to imitate. But for a lot of these dudes, they're role models.

May 16, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
BIRTH

What i dont get is why black people think we owe them something because they were our fucking slaves back in the day. Even new generation think they deserve shit cause of family members that were once slaves.

Because you wouldn't have shit you do today if we weren't slaves. I don't feel like anyone owes me anything but when people try to act like slavery is something that had no impact on the current state of our communities it's amazing how obliviously idiotic they are.

May 16, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
dmwalking

what do you suggest for reparations?i mean if we gave every black person 20,000 dollars you really think that would help? it would just cause chaos and then in 5 years everything would be just as bad as before.

LOL Patrice Oneal in his last album (Hilarious comedy album BTW) said reparations should be: Black people shouldn't have to pay income taxes. Like he says, yeah for a lot of people they'll be like "YES MORE SNEAKERS!" but for the black people who know how to use money, it will help create wealth. I thought it was a funny bit with some truth to it.

IDK what I would suggest. Free college? A guaranteed retirement fund? I'd say if reparations were given it'd have to be for non welfare recipients though. They're getting their reparations IMO. My brain's fried right now. Long hard day at work. I might come back later though.

May 16, 2012 @ 09:51 PM
TIMDOT

With capitalism came black slavery. This was justified with racism.
Before this racism never reached that scale.
Capitalism is as strong as ever, so is racism.
May 16, 2012 @ 09:59 PM
Black Donald Trump

^ as if communist/socialist countries dont have race problems

Please login first to reply.