October 9, 2011 @ 10:07 PM
CraftySince90

illegal residents in Cali can get financial aid for whatever school they want with our tax dollars. my parents work they ass off and barely afford my school and i cant even get financial aid.
October 9, 2011 @ 10:24 PM
AG_23

yo stfu. "barely afford my school" probably living in the suburbs complaining about how youre driving a 2010 bimmer instead of 2011.
October 9, 2011 @ 10:27 PM
trevxv3

yo stfu. “barely afford my school” probably living in the suburbs complaining about how youre...

yea my taxes should definitely be putting illegals through school though, mmhmm

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

October 9, 2011 @ 10:27 PM
Beach2theBay

I'm torn about this. I remember MTV True Life had an episode where this guy was like 1 semester from graduating or something but he couldn't afford it because he was illegal. Kind of fucked up. I think it might be good for citizens though. Immigrants are coming over here and becoming doctors and shit and they have to work hard as fuck to do it because they don't have the same privileges as we do. If there's less financial aid to go around, US citizens will have to work harder to pay for school and to get through school which will make us more competitive. This is coming from a guy who took 6 years(not all my fault doe) to graduate and bought supreme with financial aid though.
October 9, 2011 @ 10:36 PM
CraftySince90

yo stfu. “barely afford my school” probably living in the suburbs complaining about how youre...

I live in Hayward, CA as in the neighbor to Oakland. I drive a '97 Audi and go to a state college. Suck my dick bitch
October 9, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
Virunga

illegal residents in Cali can get financial aid for whatever school they want with our tax dollars....

The amount of I.I. getting aid is tiny compared to the general population of recipients plus most of these kids where brought to America by their parents and are just as American as you or me. Quit being xenophobic.

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

October 9, 2011 @ 10:42 PM
Blunted at birth.

^ truth.
October 9, 2011 @ 10:43 PM
PlugTunin

This is some shit if you ask me.

This new layout is a disappointment

October 9, 2011 @ 10:50 PM
blackice445

The amount of I.I. getting aid is tiny compared to the general population of recipients plus most...

Basically.
October 9, 2011 @ 10:53 PM
The Fiasco

i pay for school myself. my mom has not paid 1 dollar for my schooling. I go to a D1 private school. step your game up and do something about it if you want to see change and stop bitching on HB.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

October 9, 2011 @ 11:03 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

what do ppl mean when they say D1? their school has a d1 athletic program?
October 9, 2011 @ 11:10 PM
SupraRZ

i pay for school myself. my mom has not paid 1 dollar for my schooling. I go to a D1 private...

This.

lol @ mommy and daddy paying for your college.
October 9, 2011 @ 11:11 PM
mr mcgibblets

i dont think illegals should get financial aid but i also dont think kids should complain when everythings paid for by someone else.
October 9, 2011 @ 11:12 PM
The Fiasco

what do ppl mean when they say D1? their school has a d1 athletic program?

If you're D1 the school is usually pretty big with bigger budgets and better facilities than a D2, D3 or obviously a CC.

October 9, 2011 @ 11:13 PM
The Fiasco

My nigga Virunga is on point and plus what you wanna do? Make it even harder for illegals not to go...

you pay for your school pussy? you even go to school my nigga? school still costs 30,000+ a year. lemme see you pay that my nigga.

October 9, 2011 @ 11:15 PM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

I'm not really opposed to this at all but I think it would be better if there was a merit based component built in. I'd rather see an illegal immigrant with a 4.0 getting money for school than a citizen with a 2.8. That way it'll be more like an investment for us and an incentive for them to do well in high school and college.
October 9, 2011 @ 11:18 PM
Jamie Dimon

you pay for your school pussy? you even go to school my nigga? school still costs 30,000+ a year....

I wouldn't pay 30k/year for school unless it's a really good one, has to be like ivy or almost ivy status.
But depaul is 30k w/o financial aid, ~40k including dorm, so it shouldnt be that expensive after scholarships

And I didn't get any money at all from my school.

feelsbadman.jpg

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

October 9, 2011 @ 11:42 PM
SupraRZ

^ I guess that depends on what you look for in a school and what you plan to do with your education.
I personally think depaul is a great school. Yeah it's not ivy status, but very few people actually go to one.
Especially if you major in commerce (like myself), what better place to network than downtown chicago?

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to go to U of I. But I'm not going to quit my job to do so.
October 9, 2011 @ 11:42 PM
slap

if the illegal resident gets money because of merits or academic scholarships, fine.

my parents work they ass off and barely afford my school too. then there are the many students whose rich ass family lie on their taxes and fafsa, and get to go to school basically for free with book and travel stipends.

now, i hate those students.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

October 9, 2011 @ 11:50 PM
jafeel

I’m not really opposed to this at all but I think it would be better if there was a merit based...

This.
October 9, 2011 @ 11:51 PM
ksj

illegal residents in Cali can get financial aid for whatever school they want with our tax dollars....

If you can't even get financial aid it means that your parents have a total income above the maximum in which they offer financial aid to. Which means that they should be able to afford a state college tuition which is pretty cheap.

And who are you to bitch about your parents' "hard earned money" being "wasted" you probably have been pampered and spoiled your whole entire life and it is most likely that you're going to a shit state College, pursuing a major in which you think would make you "big bucks", and you will probably graduate and become a big broke, piece of shit failure and blame the Government.

Grow the fuck up you pompous bag of shit.
October 9, 2011 @ 11:59 PM
Ape

^ truth.

Larger pic of your avatar plz

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

October 10, 2011 @ 12:02 AM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

if the illegal resident gets money because of merits or academic scholarships, fine. my parents...

Word. I know this girl planning on getting a boob job with her financial aid.
October 10, 2011 @ 12:08 AM
ichigo81

Even though I have my problems with illegal immigrants, ain't we all illegals anyway, if memory serves me correct native Americans were here first before ur ancestors raped, pimped and pilleged their land so ur argument would be we all get financial aid for being illegal
October 10, 2011 @ 12:11 AM
Myateach

My brother couldn't get into community college or financial aid because of this bullshit. He works his ass off in school and work and the government wants to give money that should go to him to some fuckin spick who ran across the boarder and probably doesn't pay taxes. THAT'S FUCKIN RACIST.

MAJETITSCH(MYATEACH) I USED TO SMOKE ROCKS. I LOVE TO HEAR MYSELF TALK. http://www.youtube.com/myateach

October 10, 2011 @ 12:18 AM
Ape

I hope i get financial aid when I get to college so I can get Jordans

Or Kobe or Bron retroes if that's whats hot then

Cause I only cop whats cool, cause I'm a hypebeast

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

October 10, 2011 @ 12:21 AM
Milf Hunter

I live in Hayward, CA as in the neighbor to Oakland. I drive a ’97 Audi and go to a state college....

sucks for you. it's everywhere. affluent families, families on govt assistance, and some who make it completely on their own, paying off everything. sucks you live in hayward, go to a shitty college, and drive a shitty car. change it, that is, if you dislike that lifestyle.
October 10, 2011 @ 12:21 AM
overtheradar

It should probably be noted that, just because the residency status of these students may be illegal, they still continue to pay their own share of taxes by living in our society. They aren't immune to retail, property, service or state taxes, meaning they pay for a majority of the same taxes we do when they buy a home, pay for gas, buy text books, ect... (with the exception of employment which is a gray area, since technically they're not allowed to work, although some employers turn a blind eye to forged residency cards - in which case they actually do pay taxes under someone else's name, with all of those benefits such as social security going to someone else.)

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

October 10, 2011 @ 12:27 AM
Food

if the illegal resident gets money because of merits or academic scholarships, fine. my parents...

truth. i fucking hate how there's so many fucking people that lie on their financial aid.
October 10, 2011 @ 12:39 AM
AG_23

Ill happily share my tax dollars with a student working twice as hard as you bitchass kids on here. Immigration isnt real until you live it. These kids did not choose to be here and they are working as hard as they can to make it. Like virunga said they are just as american as you and I. fucking americans are so stupid, lets complain about spending tax dollars on students trying to do something, but billions on unjustified war? no problem. KILL THEM IRAQIS WOOO.

I fucking hate our generation.

Please login first to reply.