Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 7, 2011 @ 03:13 PM

Inactive

Whoever or whatever created this universe put a cap on your abilities, and that whatever you do in life, that you can never overcome your "nature"?

Is it useless to struggle against nature?

Is doing anything even worth it? It seems as if positions in life are fixed, and that we can't rise above what god intended for us.

From a young age, people always tell you that you can be whatever you want, and that hard work can take you anywhere.

I feel as if that's bullshit. People definitely have limits as to what they can do.

I might be rambling here, but does anyone else feel that DESTINY is real, as in a force that directs people through life and stops them from reaching heights not intended for them?
July 7, 2011 @ 03:20 PM
zzzboy

i actually feel that i have the intelligence to do anything
July 7, 2011 @ 03:27 PM

Inactive

yeah, that's kind of my point

i feel as if destiny guides us towards something we're meant to do, or some place where we're meant to be.

and if you try going anywhere else, or if you try being something else, destiny will take the wheel

some people are obviously meant for higher and better things, and it's kind of depressing to know that.
July 7, 2011 @ 03:27 PM
dhkgfkdj

July 7, 2011 @ 03:31 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

all i do is _____ and listen to ________
July 7, 2011 @ 03:32 PM
KoreanJesus

This man controls all life.
July 7, 2011 @ 03:35 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

even if it's true, you have to try or you'll never know
July 7, 2011 @ 03:38 PM

Inactive

but really, what's the point anyways?

no one can really assess their limits without trying anyways
July 7, 2011 @ 04:49 PM
sharky

i've thought this shit too but i felt like i used it too much as an excuse to be lazy so stfu and do something
July 7, 2011 @ 04:55 PM
Blade Gretzky

♥♥♥♥♥ what? you got too much time on your hands if you thinking of some gay shit like this brah
July 7, 2011 @ 05:46 PM
myBallz

This man controls all life.

July 7, 2011 @ 05:53 PM
Phlipstar

let me just leave this quote in here:
July 7, 2011 @ 05:59 PM
tmwtg

July 20, 2011 @ 03:59 PM

Inactive

True.

People are sometimes a little bit too idealistic. That kind of leads to another question: Where do you draw the line between idealism/realism?

in a way, idealism is directly opposed to reality, because there's no way that anything anywhere at any time can live up to idealistic notions of what that thing is supposed to be.
July 20, 2011 @ 04:45 PM
jaded

it's weird you mention this, because i've always wondered if other people ever feel like whoever or whatever created this universe put a cap on your abilities, and that whatever you do in life, that you can never overcome your "nature"?

Is it useless to struggle against nature?

Is doing anything even worth it? It seems as if positions in life are fixed, and that we can't rise above what god intended for us.

From a young age, people always tell you that you can be whatever you want, and that hard work can take you anywhere.

I feel as if that's bullshit. People definitely have limits as to what they can do.

I might be rambling here, but does anyone else feel that DESTINY is real, as in a force that directs people through life and stops them from reaching heights not intended for them?

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

July 20, 2011 @ 05:10 PM
hndlz

hndlz.tumblr.com

July 21, 2011 @ 02:09 PM
Pablo Johnson

We create our own destinies
July 21, 2011 @ 02:33 PM
trevxv3

I agree with op, its like no matter how hard I try, I will never be as good at basketball as mj. I could devote every second of my life to it and i'll never be as good as him becaues there is a cap on my abilities placed on me by the universe. Im not saying that it should let anyone else limit them, but when it is all said and done, its futile.

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

July 21, 2011 @ 02:46 PM
Homes

I agree with op, its like no matter how hard I try, I will never be as good at basketball as mj. I could devote every second of my life to it and i'll never be as good as him becaues there is a cap on my abilities placed on me by the universe. Im not saying that it should let anyone else limit them, but when it is all said and done, its futile.

You guys are thinking about it wrong. If we're being real, "the universe" did not put a "cap" on your abilities. You were born with genetics that gave you a base level of abilities. MJ was born with genetics that allowed him to start at a base level of +500 basketball skills let's say, and he worked through his life to get to +1000. If you were born with genetics that put you at +1, you might work all your life to only get to +500.

You aren't born with caps, you are born with starting points. A lot of people are born with just bad genetics for certain stuff, just find something else you are good at.

Please login first to reply.