300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
April 18, 2010 @ 08:28 PM
STI Guy

this oozes of irony

good job with another 4 word response! we have more of and understanding of this world through science than through god.
April 18, 2010 @ 08:28 PM
kilogram

this oozes of irony

only because you haven't done the research.

I've done the research. I went to church for 14 years. And it never helped me.

Doesn't that count for as much as someone saying it didn't help me, since the only "evidence" that religions can point to is usually anecdotal (few or no witnesses, not repeatable)
April 18, 2010 @ 08:30 PM
AlphaTrion

this oozes of irony

If you're referring to the impossibility of god...there's nothing to understand. There's nothing out there to read or see or experience that would help make it anymore possible.

You don't understand evolution but there's are mountains of evidence that you could read or study that would show you the numerous reasons you're wrong. Once you study it and understand it, there's no real way to deny it.
April 18, 2010 @ 08:31 PM
metalslug

First off would be the expansion of the universe. Travel backwards in time and everything gets compressed into a singularity.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZiROWO6iVs

It also makes more sense when viewed as a part of a multiverse, as explained above. Still not convinced with string theory, but from a cosmological standpoint this makes sense to me. We'll have to see what sort of data they get back from the satellite though.

Now just stop for a second.

Doesn't this feel good? To learn about something?

i know of hubbles law. and yes i am very interested in string theory even
April 18, 2010 @ 08:33 PM
metalslug

i also went to church for 15+ years and most of the time i was there i didnt enjoy it. i dont go to church now and dont pray or worship daily.. it really is just fun to debate the existence of god.
April 18, 2010 @ 08:33 PM
█ █

Show me evidence of the big bang theory.

Pm me.
April 18, 2010 @ 08:34 PM
STI Guy

You ask a christian how the earth was made and they'll say "well god created it in seven days and blah blah blah." You ask an atheist how the earth was created and they'll say "well the earth was created because of the big bang theory and blah blah blah". Both of these ppl were taught something that has no backing and no evidence, its the same shit!! No ones theory is better than the others!!

whoa whoa whoa. you skipped a step there. atheists dont have to believe in the big bang theory. that's not what an atheist is. im atheist and i dont know what to believe, but i sure aint gonna believe that god created everything.
AlphaTrion

You ask a christian how the earth was made and they'll say "well god created it in seven days and blah blah blah." You ask an atheist how the earth was created and they'll say "well the earth was created because of the big bang theory and blah blah blah". Both of these ppl were taught something that has no backing and no evidence, its the same shit!! No ones theory is better than the others!!

THERE IS BACKING AND EVIDENCE FOR THE BIG BANG THEORY AND ANY OTHER SCIENTIFIC THEORY YOU WANT TO BRING UP!

Read a fucking book or keep your damn mouth shut. Believing in a god and understanding science are not comparable. There is no belief system to science, you either do the research and understand it or you don't.
kilogram

No actually we'd have an explanation for you, just one that would take a couple years of education to understand. It's pretty fucking amazing actually.

Do you even really understand what the big bang theory is?
April 18, 2010 @ 08:39 PM
kilogram

Here's the deal. Whether there is a god or not, I don't care.

I don't want his help.

If anyone here has read Musashi there's a part where he's preparing to fight someone, and before leaving some place he's about to ring this temple bell (in some sort of ritual asking for good luck and prayer and what not), and then he stops himself.

By ringing that bell and asking for luck he would be denying himself the years of practice and hard work and perseverance.

I don't want to owe anyone for the shit I do myself.
April 18, 2010 @ 08:45 PM
kilogram

what about the expansion of the universe

that is evidence that supports the big bang theory

0_0
April 18, 2010 @ 08:53 PM
█ █

THERE IS NO BACKING OR EVIDENCE FOR THE BIG BANG THEORY. SEE I CAN TYPE IN CAPS TOO.

There is no evidence for it just theories thats it. And where the hell did u see me say science was a belief system? Reading comprehension skills, learn it.

I know enough about the big bang theory to know that there is no evidence to support it.

You're just being arrogant now. You don't know enough about physics and the
like to come to such a swift conclusion. you're obviously handicapped, so I'll say it again: a theory is not an idea or a guess, it is backed with evidence.
April 18, 2010 @ 08:54 PM
kilogram

The universe has been expanding for decades the only way to prove the big bang theory true would be to discover another life form, to show that they got here the same way we did.

for a second there i actually believed you when you said you knew something about the big bang theory
April 18, 2010 @ 08:59 PM
AlphaTrion

The universe has been expanding for decades the only way to prove the big bang theory true would be to discover another life form, to show that they got here the same way we did.

I know enough about the big bang theory to know that there is no evidence to support it.

What? The universe has been expanding since the beginning of the universe, not decades.

With every post you show off your ignorance of the topic.

There is no evidence for it just theories thats it.

There is no theory without evidence. It's the fundamental definition of a scientific theory.
April 18, 2010 @ 09:02 PM
█ █

If you're going to debate, go ahead, but don't make up bullshit and don't be ignorant to what were explaining to you.
April 18, 2010 @ 09:24 PM
metalslug

what about the expansion of the universe

that is evidence that supports the big bang theory

0_0

while this is true the big bang theory doesnt explain what banged, how it banged or what happened before it banged.
April 18, 2010 @ 09:31 PM
AlphaTrion

while this is true the big bang theory doesnt explain what banged, how it banged or what happened before it banged.

Yes, it does. It offers possible explanations for all of those things with evidence to back up those explanations. Take an astronomy course in college or read some books by Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking.
April 18, 2010 @ 09:36 PM
█ █

Scientists haven't fully determined the cause of the big bang but there is a very interesting branch of science, called quantum mechanics, that is on the verge of answering your question. I suggest you read up a bit; it's dope as fuck. Things appearing outnof nowhere, different dimensions, multiple copies of singularu things, all kinds of shit that blows conventional physics out of the water.
April 18, 2010 @ 09:38 PM
metalslug

Yes, it does. It offers possible explanations for all of those things with evidence to back up those explanations. Take an astronomy course in college or read some books by Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking.

i have. and the big band theory does not explain how the singularity that exploded originated or why it exploded. even great scientists like einstein said that there has to be something greater out there that created the universe.
April 18, 2010 @ 09:49 PM
metalslug

If you would like to see the argument for what goku posted visit
http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=22326

CTRL V + CTRL C works wonders
April 18, 2010 @ 09:53 PM
STI Guy

wow birdofprey you seriously are the most irrelevant person ever. please delete your hb account. dont know why it matters to point out the copy/paste.
April 18, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
metalslug

im just pointing out that an argument for his post already exists and has so for the past 7 years. why restart and waste time when you can just read what others have posted and join in on that forum.
April 19, 2010 @ 06:29 AM
hottikatti

There's no proof that there's other life forms yet you're saying there probably are some???? What's the difference between a person believing in god and you believing in that? *ZING!*

You think you're clever huh? I base my view on a fact - think about it - the universe is VERY VERY big (might even be INFINITE) - there's billions of galaxies - and in each galaxy there is billions of stars - these stars have billions of planets - so isnt it very likely that at least ONE of these planets have an intelligent lifeform? It's just basic mathematics. It's about probabilities. AND I didn't say that I believe there is another planet like earth - I said that it's PLAUSIBLE.
April 19, 2010 @ 06:33 AM
hottikatti

This argument is pointless because there's no result. You, schao and all the other atheist are going off what science tells u while the religious ppl in this thread are going off with what their church tells them. Atheist are no better than religious ppl because they're also believing anything they're told with no concrete evidence. This argument is nothing but a stalemate, nobody wins or loses.

So you're implying that anything scientific isn't based on concrete evidence? GTFO and kill yourself
April 19, 2010 @ 02:51 PM
█ █

I'm surprised there aren't any christian rebuttals.
April 20, 2010 @ 02:01 AM
enterthewu

skunk pt2 your embarassing yourself. your posts are filled with ignorance. educate yourself before you speak on things you know nothing about.
April 20, 2010 @ 02:04 AM
enterthewu

and skunk the fact you try to assert belief in science is the same as belief in religion is laughable. science is the exact opposite. it's belief based on evidence. faith is belief with no evidence.
April 20, 2010 @ 02:07 AM
enterthewu

There's no proof that there's other life forms yet you're saying there probably are some???? What's the difference between a person believing in god and you believing in that? *ZING!*

we are proof that life can exist in this universe. so it's safe to say that life may exist elsewhere in the universe. especially given the vastness of the universe.
April 20, 2010 @ 11:55 AM
Electric Devil

April 20, 2010 @ 12:33 PM
AdrianCrooks

I'm da oldest form of Christianity known. All the way back to the African roots.
Praise Jah! Rastafar.

Please login first to reply.