Kanye West - Yeezus

Jun 18, 2013 @ 17:39
- On Sight sounds like some Homework-era Daft Punk (which is nice). 
- Black Skinhead is whatever. the drums are nice. i imagine highschool football teams walking out to this music. 
- I Am A God is whatever
- New Slaves is nice but not great. i expect to hear Big Sean on the remix
- Hold My Liquor is one of my fav tracks. Chief Keef is put to good use and the Ratatat sound is nice
- I'm In It would be good with different verses. The song starts for me at the 1:00 mark and ends after the first hook
- Blood On the Leaves sounds like it should have been on 808's. It should have been a Future song or something.
- Guilt Trip's best part is the sample/hook. Kid Cudi doing his Kid Cudi is Kid Cudi.
- Send It Up sounds like some Timbaland type beat. Frank Ocean is great on it. 
- Bound 2 is cool. the beat switch is my fav. part though. i feel like if any other artist released this, it'd be considered under-produced, but Kanye gets a pass i guess since he ppl wanna hear him on soul samples again. 

Kanye has evolved his sound so much since his first release. it kind of reminds me of the Beatles where they made really poppy songs at fist, and then became much more experimental in their later years after touring the world. I bet Kanye is close to releasing something along the lines of Revolution 9 
Jun 18, 2013 @ 18:19
I cant listen to one of these songs all the way through. it just becomes too much. im actually pissed because kanye is in my top 10 but this shit doesnt make no sense. i listen to all genres as well and im pretty open minded but dam, and i didnt wanna hear chief keef singing i wanted  some OBLOCK BANG BANG on yeezus. why does kanye think he could say hes 300 chi niggas already wanna rob this nigga and gbe said chiraqians dont even fuck with kanye like that so he needs to chill just cause he helped out my nigga keef doesnt mean he can start claimin the set. they killin for that  300 shit down there. he wasnt talkin about the chi on twisted dark fantasy 808s or cruel summer so wtf is he tryna say
Jun 18, 2013 @ 18:32
exactly, chief keef owes 90% of his career to kanye
Jun 18, 2013 @ 18:40
interscope was already signing chief keef before kanye got on dont like cause they knew it would promote violence fucking jimmy iovine went to chief keef house in the hood when he was on house arrest and im sure he told him a bunch of shit that would make me throw up but its all part of the plan and whenever kanye talks about that 300 shit he promotin violence in his own hood. ALL FOR THE CASH. he wouldnt be sayin 300 blah blah on common album. notice common isnt on yeezus. i bet common will leave good music 
Jun 18, 2013 @ 18:46
why is my tape orange tho.

hansum is 4ever

Jun 18, 2013 @ 18:47
interscope was already signing chief keef before kanye got on dont like cause they knew it would promote violence fucking jimmy iovine went to chief keef house in the hood when he was on house arrest and im sure he told him a bunch of shit that would make me throw up but its all part of the plan and whenever kanye talks about that 300 shit he promotin violence in his own hood. ALL FOR THE CASH. he wouldnt be sayin 300 blah blah on common album. notice common isnt on yeezus. i bet common will leave good music 
Common isn't under GOOD Music anymore. He's been off the label.

hansum is 4ever

Jun 18, 2013 @ 18:58
hikey you right. and cudi dipped too. basically niggas on GOOD music really need that lol. cause they always on the bench and happy as hell
Jun 18, 2013 @ 19:11
All I'm saying is WTT had 5 bangers too and people bitching until everyone just rocked with the album as a whole with time.

Don't badmind me.

Jun 18, 2013 @ 19:13
I don't usually agree with Charlamagne but he ain't wrong..

Jun 18, 2013 @ 19:19
kanye doesnt care about cash??????????? im pretty sure he does. and now he has to be extra  careful with the kardashian curse. 18 years 18 years and on his 18th birthday he found out it want hissssssssss
Jun 18, 2013 @ 19:20
its so easy for anyone to lose everything. kanye is not excluded
Jun 18, 2013 @ 20:26
Damn Charlamagne stay dropping the truth.
Jun 18, 2013 @ 20:35
He took that "Not for sale" thing too seriously. Lol, it was just for show.

Changing the Past.

Jun 18, 2013 @ 20:36
just cheked whole album - dats something weird but really new. neuro hop is right here.
Jun 18, 2013 @ 20:36
waiting to actually buy the album to listen, does he deliver? is it better then MBDTF?
its good, but it isn't better than MBDTF

*edit*

Born Sinner > Yeezus

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

Jun 19, 2013 @ 00:39
kanye has always been a contradiction and he's acknowledged it since stuff like all falls down. nothing has changed apart from his exposure. this guy is talking about dead prez like they don't sell albums and tickets to shows.

if you wanna pick apart someone using art as commerce while still trying to keep some level of integrity, you can do it to anyone at any level. the conflict that's interesting is someone within that system seeing things wrong with it, imo.

this isn't truth, it's nitpicking. guy can't see the forest for the trees.
Jun 19, 2013 @ 01:38
Charlamagne is just trying to find something to rant about. I agree with the dude above.
Jun 19, 2013 @ 02:48
You guys think he's gonna drop anymore music like he did from GOOD Fridays?

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

Jun 19, 2013 @ 03:21
kanye has always been a contradiction and he's acknowledged it since stuff like all falls down. nothing has changed apart from his exposure. this guy is talking about dead prez like they don't sell albums and tickets to shows.

if you wanna pick apart someone using art as commerce while still trying to keep some level of integrity, you can do it to anyone at any level. the conflict that's interesting is someone within that system seeing things wrong with it, imo.

Hes still being fake by rapping about corporate America and being slaves to luxury items while he is there rapping to us in a skirt and some MM and Rick Owens on it aint right. This is just as bad as any rapper rapping about being a G but really isn't about that life.
Jun 19, 2013 @ 04:32
no all good fridays were before mbdtf dropped why would he go backwards
Jun 19, 2013 @ 05:26
kanye's next album gonna be spoken word over sounds of dial up internet

•••

Jun 19, 2013 @ 13:03

Lol so because others do the same as Kanye, it makes it justifiable? Artists who whine about an industry they are reaping from are all hypocrites, whether they're Kanye or any other artists. 

What I find interesting is why a multimillionaire is so unhappy.

This 'Ohhh I'm so rich, I hate this' 'Ohhh all these hoes' talk is so ridiculous.

Zilla you love Kanye tbh so anything he does you'll probably back lol.
Jun 19, 2013 @ 14:16
i wish. that and white dress is still my favorite post grad releases by ye.

pink like hamilton

Jun 19, 2013 @ 15:03

I agree what he saying, but I knew this off bat.. I listened and liked the album for the vibe, don't like digging deep into shit cuz it kills the fun.

Don't badmind me.

Jun 19, 2013 @ 15:44

I agree what he saying, but I knew this off bat.. I listened and liked the album for the vibe, don't like digging deep into shit cuz it kills the fun.
Good point man. That's like going to a movie and complaining about how they could have done better the entire time. You paid damn near $20 plus overpriced snacks and shit. Might as well enjoy the got damn film...

Changing the Past.

Jun 19, 2013 @ 16:20

Lol so because others do the same as Kanye, it makes it justifiable? Artists who whine about an industry they are reaping from are all hypocrites, whether they're Kanye or any other artists. 

What I find interesting is why a multimillionaire is so unhappy.

This 'Ohhh I'm so rich, I hate this' 'Ohhh all these hoes' talk is so ridiculous.

Zilla you love Kanye tbh so anything he does you'll probably back lol.
Being rich doesnt have to equate to being happy. There are happy and sad niggas in africa, happy and sad broke niggas, middle class niggas, and rich niggas. Somebody in the world probably would consider us pretty well off and wonder why we ever had a complaint.
Jun 19, 2013 @ 16:56
i think its hilarious. at first, everyone was saying HOLY SHIT 11/10 AMAZING  BEST OF KANYE YET, and soooon as anthony fantano and a couple other well known "radio personalities" said the obvious flaws, every one is like "OH YEAH I MEAN THEY HAVE A POINT"

well all knew this would happen. were all just following what everyone else is saying

im sticking to my original thoughts; i like the album alot, its also very different from previous kanye. yeezus almost feels like an experiment. but i dont think its "kanye's best".

fag

Jun 19, 2013 @ 17:05
Its fucking amazing I've been listening to it all day throughout my flights.
Jun 19, 2013 @ 20:14
Kanye never said he wasnt a new slave. He said WE are, including him.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

Jun 19, 2013 @ 21:47
i think its hilarious. at first, everyone was saying HOLY SHIT 11/10 AMAZING  BEST OF KANYE YET, and soooon as anthony fantano and a couple other well known "radio personalities" said the obvious flaws, every one is like "OH YEAH I MEAN THEY HAVE A POINT"

well all knew this would happen. were all just following what everyone else is saying

im sticking to my original thoughts; i like the album alot, its also very different from previous kanye. yeezus almost feels like an experiment. but i dont think its "kanye's best".
myself and almost everyone i know didn't like the album much the first time.  it actually took a handful of listens to actually really like it.  Everything the needledrop complained about is what i noticed the first listen and from there looked past that and it's grown on me a lot.  so fuck outta hereeee
Please login first to reply.