FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
June 28, 2010 @ 07:06 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

Ya'll nigs is stupid. If you have to go back in the past outkast collection to say they'll shit on the clipse then u already lost.

that doesn't make any fucking sense at all. You judge musical artists by their output, the material Outkast has released over the course of their career >>>>>>>>>>>>(...)>>>>> the material Clipse has released over the course of their career

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

June 28, 2010 @ 07:13 PM
Bubbs619

i would bring up this topic a lot but im still on the fence with either. outkast delivered many classic albums and clipse only had 1 (maybe 2) albums in their catalog that can be deemed classic in every sense of the word. Clipse delivered on all their mixtapes though.

imma have to say outkast by a little but give clipse some time and they'll be considered the modern day outkast and quite possibly surpass them
June 28, 2010 @ 07:19 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

no, they won't. Maybe the modern day Raekwon and Ghostface if anything but come on this is such a ridiculous comparison, Outkast is fucking OUTKAST, like, if I seriously need to spell out for you why they're better than Clipse you're just a moron and have no business taking part in a hip-hop discussion.

BTW I'm a huge Clipse fan, those n!iggas is both crazy ill on the mic but they're just good rappers, their songs never go deeper than "I sell coke, sometimes I regret it, but I'm ballin off this coke so I'ma keep doin it"

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

June 28, 2010 @ 07:26 PM
Bubbs619

yeah thats a good point but i only think you consider them to be the modern day rae and ghost is because of the coke rap.

heres a good analysis of da art of storytelling showing that outkast is deeper than just what they day

smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2010/05/the-ipod-shuffle-da-art-of-storytellin-part-2
June 28, 2010 @ 10:45 PM
young idiot

Dont get me wrong Big boi is nice but on tracks with him and 3 stacks he's not sounding like the same big boi that was on southernplayerlistic album

cmon vince, everyone's gotten 100x better since southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. that's how you know outkast are great: instead of, like many people, peaking on their debuts, they've gotten better for some time now. i'm gonna go ahead and say even idlewild is better than anything clipse could put out, and really big boi ran that album.
June 28, 2010 @ 10:48 PM
Bubbs619

cmon vince, everyone's gotten 100x better since southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. that's how you know outkast are great: instead of, like many people, peaking on their debuts, they've gotten better for some time now. i'm gonna go ahead and say even idlewild is better than anything clipse could put out and really big boi ran that album.

this statement is rediculous, i understand your love of outkast but saying that idlewild (their worst album) is better than hell hath no fury or lord willin is just something a stan would say
June 28, 2010 @ 11:04 PM
young idiot

it doesn't have to be cos i'm a fan -- just that even their least cohesive album still had like a good 10 tracks on there that could kill anything clipse did, just because it's outkast. this comparison is ridiculous, really.
June 28, 2010 @ 11:18 PM
Norrin Radd

OutKast !! Where is that picture that says "Oh no not this shit again".

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

June 29, 2010 @ 07:22 AM
traCk.

Uncomparable

yup
June 29, 2010 @ 10:17 AM
karl winslow

Clipse= Best Mixtape Duo
June 29, 2010 @ 01:22 PM
C.Dante

..........................smh
June 29, 2010 @ 09:23 PM
ImperiusRex

outkast has the Best selling Hip Hop CD of all time... they have never had a gold, EVERYTHING they put out has gone Platnium and up. only hiphop act to win best album at the grammy. They are one of 5 hip hop acts to go Diamond..... Comparing them to Clipse is not even a contest. Thats like asking whats a better bullet: a 22 or a .50 cal?

and im a BIG fan of the Clipse, but relly son? u really asked this question? smh
June 29, 2010 @ 09:32 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

outkast has the Best selling Hip Hop CD of all time... they have never had a gold, EVERYTHING they put out has gone Platnium and up. only hiphop act to win best album at the grammy. They are one of 5 hip hop acts to go Diamond..... Comparing them to Clipse is not even a contest. Thats like asking whats a better bullet: a 22 or a .50 cal?

and im a BIG fan of the Clipse, but relly son? u really asked this question? smh

yo are we really basing this argument off of sales rather than quality of music? u gotta remember that album was a double disc so every unit sold = 2 and one disc was a crossover album...

www.NickyDsss.com

June 29, 2010 @ 09:41 PM
lucca

wtf
outkast..
not even close

http://luccaxverrelli.tumblr.com

June 29, 2010 @ 10:56 PM
TheAbstrakt

lol Outkast

That new Big Boi is fyerrrrr
June 29, 2010 @ 11:20 PM
ImperiusRex

yo are we really basing this argument off of sales rather than quality of music? u gotta remember that album was a double disc so every unit sold = 2 and one disc was a crossover album...

u do make a valid point... but the "Every cd goes Platinum and up" still stands. the SOUNDTRACK to idlewild went platinum. If that doesnt say somthing about the quality of there music, then idk what does. but dont get it twisted, the clipse aint garbage.
June 30, 2010 @ 03:01 AM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

^fuuuuck no... their consistency and quality of the music says something, not the sales

if so you're saying Soulja Boy is better than half the game

www.NickyDsss.com

June 30, 2010 @ 03:28 AM
TwiggyDig

I love clipse but it's not close.

First off, you RARELY hear 3stacks or Big Boi talking about the same cars, clothes, money shit in every song.

Secondly, 3stacks is probably the greatest rapper alive and maybe the best ever. He's incredibly underrated and i think it's because he's one of the only dudes out there not constantly claiming how great he is (jay z, kanye, wayne). 3 stacks MURDERS everything he is on and no one can ever compete with him on a given track.

Proof:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtJj9ir0PBc

Third, their versatility is unlike ANY other rap group. Artists like Cudi, BOB, and Drake who wish to put singing on their hiphop albums can only hope to sniff what Andre did on the love below.

Lastly, Big Boi no doubt is the weaker link of the group, but he nonetheless keeps up and adds an incredible amount of personality and cool that makes Outkast so unique.

All in all, outkast, when its all said and done, may be the greatest hip hop group of all time, and one of the greatest musical groups of all time, regardless of mainstream popularity and/or the amount of music they are putting out right now. They are timeless.

LONG LIVE OUTKAST!!!
June 30, 2010 @ 09:33 AM
damnwitless2

suspended

smh, it's honestly embarrassing that this thread needed this many pages

June 30, 2010 @ 09:36 AM
BWashable

Outkast.

What brought this up again?
June 30, 2010 @ 12:35 PM
Rugby Seigel

^fuuuuck no... their consistency and quality of the music says something, not the sales

if so you're saying Soulja Boy is better than half the game

oh wow, how original, a souljia boy reference.
June 30, 2010 @ 12:46 PM
June 30, 2010 @ 12:58 PM
CHEEP

if it was outkast vs tribe, we may have a valid agrument... clipse? naaaah
June 30, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
brandonicedout

Its more like Andre 3000 or Clipse. Clipse are soooo doppee. But Andre 3000 is just on another level.

Feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/172003

June 30, 2010 @ 03:30 PM
.emaN

in the end, andre wouldn't be andre without big boi.
June 30, 2010 @ 03:31 PM
Moe911

As much as i love the clipse. I would have to go with outkast they been on fire back in the day. Esp Andre 3000 lyricism.
June 30, 2010 @ 10:33 PM
ImperiusRex

in the end, andre wouldn't be andre without big boi.

June 30, 2010 @ 11:06 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

oh wow, how original, a souljia boy reference.

is it not the best example? go fuck yourself

www.NickyDsss.com

July 2, 2010 @ 10:57 PM

Inactive

smh, it's honestly embarrassing that this thread needed this many pages

Foreally
July 2, 2010 @ 11:01 PM
BSH

i dont think i even thought twice...

Please login first to reply.