Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
December 19, 2013 @ 12:39 AM
WZA

What's with everyone and the word "Division"?!?!
December 19, 2013 @ 02:23 AM
branden272

December 19, 2013 @ 02:32 AM
Asure

Part of a First Division design. 
Any thoughts?
If I am reading this image correctly, this was done in Illustrator right? I can only give you thoughts once I know this information.

You are correct!

December 19, 2013 @ 03:04 AM
ReggieLimited

Part of a First Division design. 
Any thoughts?
If I am reading this image correctly, this was done in Illustrator right? I can only give you thoughts once I know this information.

You are correct!

Ok then bruh let me tell you what you need here;) First cut out the name. Stick with the eyes and put it on a black tee. Use the 'black' as negative space. and the white becomes the print.

You should cut out the name because most people don't like branding all over there clothes anymore so if you must brand do it in a subtle way. Maybe in the corner using your original word mark font (like the one in your avatar) or create a small icon for your brand name.

Remember to remain consistent with fonts and designs throughout your collections. Most of branding isn't great design, it's consistency. 

Here's a little mock up to give you some ideas of how to approach this design. Keep in mind that this is a QUICK mock up but nevertheless what I believe to be a solid direction moving forward.

I create ish - http://www.ReggieLimited.com

December 19, 2013 @ 05:04 AM
bzrk

you guys know where one can have full ownership  / rights towards a brand name?
ive checked a couple online but i just want correct bias to make sure im looking at the right places. and dang they pricey but thats the risk and dedication we have to take.

Fuck you, Pay me. goonlabel.bigcartel.com

December 19, 2013 @ 05:47 AM
ReggieLimited

Ok so I have been giving my two cents on just about everyone here but I have yet to show anything I have done. Let me explain what I do: I am a consultant for start-up brands. Not just in fashion but also a variety of other fields. My SPECIALTY is fashion because I worked as and illustrator/designer for a slew of brands while building my portfolio.

That being said I recently had someone challenge me into making a brand in less than a day. With a logo, slogan, a write up, a few shirts, and without the use of my illustration skills.

My intention of this project was to show that any brand is viable as long as the idea is fleshed and creative. Doesn't have to be the best brand ever, it just has to be presentable. So without further explanation let me introduce my "fake" brand  dubbed "50"

'50' Logo w/ slogan

The name 50 was derived as a parody to the American 1950's when sexism and social inequality ran rampant. This is portrayed in '50' through the medium of advertisements of the time or of those that are socially unacceptable in today's overly political correct world. As '50' is a parody the slogan "It could be worse" serves as a tale-tell sign that as human culture has progressed to where they are currently, there is still room for improvement.

Initial Line-Up
As '50' uses antiquated advertisements as it's main form of artistic medium DTG or Direct to Garment printing was chosen over costly screen printing. However all '50' shirts will be printed on high quality, soft, 100% cotton shirts.

T-shirt (Blow) $25.00

T-shirt (Get it Right) $25.00

T-Shirt(Push it Good) $25.00

Initially most of our sales will run via our online store. For this reason tees were given a $25.00 price point because we factored in shipping cost. With '50' we want to offer free shipping to all residents living within the continental United States.

Misc.
Post Card Stickers 

Blow 3 pack $6.00

Postcard sized stickers were chosen as a miscellaneous item so that our customers can join in on "advertising" as the '50' brand encourages its followers to join in on revealing the ridiculousness of our socially awkward roots.

-enclosure

While '50' is presented as a brand it is in fact a living collection. New garments are released as the designers find better ways to reflect the core message of the brand i.e. "It could be worse..." In the future '50' will expand its offerings into specialized accessories, posters, and other garments that fit its mold. We thank you for reviewing our brand and hope that you continue to follow us in the foreseeable future.

(Links to your social)
-----------------------------------------
So yeah not the best brand but at least you can see what the direction and intention of the brand is. You even get the price points and why the price point was chosen. This display is commonly referred to as a 'showcase' or 'line sheet'. Nobody really cares how passionate I am about my brand. All anyone will ever see is how prepared I am. If your line/brand is prepared it could be crap and still be viable.

So what do you think? Try to think objectively. Would this brand sell based on what you saw? Is there a market for it? Ultimately its up to you but yeah, be dastardly in your reviews+ Have fun.

Gone.

December 19, 2013 @ 06:03 AM
ReggieLimited

ive checked a couple online but i just want correct bias to make sure im looking at the right places. and dang they pricey but thats the risk and dedication we have to take.
What's cool about today Goon is that you can literally get the domain name and be good for a LONG time. You could also register for a business EIN (a tax ID) that has your business name attached to it. That costs almost NOTHING. In fact for online businesses I believe it does cost nothing. The best way to protect your name unfortunately is to register it with the state which IS quite costly. All the documents can be prepared through legalzoom (best bet). With LegalZoom you don't have to worry about all the hoopla. Just fill in the necessary info, prepared to shell out 400-500 and then proceed.

December 19, 2013 @ 06:09 AM
commonlyused

Commonly Used
Winter Capsule "Sleep When Dead" Collection releasing 12/20/13
The collection consist of a shirt, hoodie, and a beanie.

www.commonlyusedlife.com
www.commonlyused.tumblr.com

Follow instagram and twitter @commonlyusedsj
Facebook page www.facebook.com/commonlyusedlife

Just wanted to recycle these photos

4 MORE DAYS TIL THE DROP THIS FRIDAY

LOOKBOOK + PREVIEWS IN THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.commonlyusedlife.com

December 19, 2013 @ 10:27 AM
LuminaryMinds

Ok so I have been giving my two cents on just about everyone here but I have yet to show anything I have done. Let me explain what I do: I am a consultant for start-up brands. Not just in fashion but also a variety of other fields. My SPECIALTY is fashion because I worked as and illustrator/designer for a slew of brands while building my portfolio.

That being said I recently had someone challenge me into making a brand in less than a day. With a logo, slogan, a write up, a few shirts, and without the use of my illustration skills.

My intention of this project was to show that any brand is viable as long as the idea is fleshed and creative. Doesn't have to be the best brand ever, it just has to be presentable. So without further explanation let me introduce my "fake" brand  dubbed "50"

'50' Logo w/ slogan

The name 50 was derived as a parody to the American 1950's when sexism and social inequality ran rampant. This is portrayed in '50' through the medium of advertisements of the time or of those that are socially unacceptable in today's overly political correct world. As '50' is a parody the slogan "It could be worse" serves as a tale-tell sign that as human culture has progressed to where they are currently, there is still room for improvement.

Initial Line-Up
As '50' uses antiquated advertisements as it's main form of artistic medium DTG or Direct to Garment printing was chosen over costly screen printing. However all '50' shirts will be printed on high quality, soft, 100% cotton shirts.

T-shirt (Blow) $25.00

Initially most of our sales will run via our online store. For this reason tees were given a $25.00 price point because we factored in shipping cost. With '50' we want to offer free shipping to all residents living within the continental United States.

Misc.
Post Card Stickers 

Blow 3 pack $6.00

Postcard sized stickers were chosen as a miscellaneous item so that our customers can join in on "advertising" as the '50' brand encourages its followers to join in on revealing the ridiculousness of our socially awkward roots.

-enclosure

While '50' is presented as a brand it is in fact a living collection. New garments are released as the designers find better ways to reflect the core message of the brand i.e. "It could be worse..." In the future '50' will expand its offerings into specialized accessories, posters, and other garments that fit its mold. We thank you for reviewing our brand and hope that you continue to follow us in the foreseeable future.

(Links to your social)
So yeah not the best brand but at least you can see what the direction and intention of the brand is. You even get the price points and why the price point was chosen. This display is commonly referred to as a 'showcase' or 'line sheet'. Nobody really cares how passionate I am about my brand. All anyone will ever see is how prepared I am. If your line/brand is prepared it could be crap and still be viable.

So what do you think? Try to think objectively. Would this brand sell based on what you saw? Is there a market for it? Ultimately its up to you but yeah, be dastardly in your reviews+ Have fun.

Gone.
you gave me determination on presenting my brand the way you did. 
if it was real i woulda been sold man! thanks for the example!

What's cool about today Goon is that you can literally get the domain name and be good for a LONG time. You could also register for a business EIN (a tax ID) that has your business name attached to it. That costs almost NOTHING. In fact for online businesses I believe it does cost nothing. The best way to protect your name unfortunately is to register it with the state which IS quite costly. All the documents can be prepared through legalzoom (best bet). With LegalZoom you don't have to worry about all the hoopla. Just fill in the necessary info, prepared to shell out 400-500 and then proceed.
i think you gotta check with your state, cause here in hawaii i paid 70,
50 for the establishment and extra 20 for them to rush the establishment.
well idk if its the same but im an LLC 
December 19, 2013 @ 05:24 PM
Brigade

info@brgade.com

December 19, 2013 @ 07:02 PM
WZA

^^^ you're doing it right son! Eazy-E caricature tee is an instacop.
December 19, 2013 @ 09:02 PM
kidkorea

We had a great time with Jeff Staple, Skillshare, and the rest of the top 10 teams yesterday. Ended the day at Katz Deli, a must go place in NYC! Pictured from HB are IISE and Divided Minds. Was great to meet another HB brand in person finally. 

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

December 19, 2013 @ 10:27 PM
Blu Label

What do you think about this design? Feedback is always awesome | CLICK HERE
December 19, 2013 @ 10:29 PM
hj

Noxx is an upcoming streetwear brand by a group of artists. With passion for both art + fashion, we created a line of sweatshirt designs with bold and unique prints made with our own renderings, paintings, and drawings.
We really need some more supporters for our project for this brand to come true :-(

You can find more about our brand and our sweatshirts here!:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15343865/noxx-artists-high-end-clothing-label 

December 19, 2013 @ 10:43 PM
OUTSIDERMIA

America-Outsider.com 
FW2014
posting lookbook 12/24 and site opens 12/26 
Instagram: outsidermia

outsidermia.com // Members Only

December 19, 2013 @ 11:39 PM
ross.goodwin

G'day Guys, I am from Australia, and our company would like your thoughts on streetwear. Hopefully, there will be a new Aussie streetwear brand out there soon. We are doing some market research to find out what people want in streetwear. If you guys would complete this short survey attached, I would be rapped. I'm new to this game, so I need all the help I can get. Thankyou in advance.www.surveymonkey.com/s/StreetwearBrandCheersOutThere
December 20, 2013 @ 12:12 AM
deucescott

Tried to post logo but did not work lol
December 20, 2013 @ 03:53 AM
hkeys

We had a great time with Jeff Staple, Skillshare, and the rest of the top 10 teams yesterday. Ended the day at Katz Deli, a must go place in NYC! Pictured from HB are IISE and Divided Minds. Was great to meet another HB brand in person finally. 
Yee shit was such an ill day. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

December 20, 2013 @ 04:26 AM
ELDER

Nice to see IISE there from the HB fam as well. You guys are great and I want that sample cardholder though.cool
December 20, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
THEDIVIDEDMINDS.COM

cool Bad ass day with cool ass people

http://thedividedminds.com/

December 20, 2013 @ 04:53 AM
Queue

Bad ass day with cool ass people
Is the skill share program an ongoing thing? or this is it? like will there be a chance for more brands to get this opportunity?

and congratz to all of you guys who have made it, seeing your work gives me hope

like the page https://www.facebook.com/stayinqueue and follow on instagram @stayinqueue

December 20, 2013 @ 07:13 AM
mghostman82

no why are you just ripping shit from another brand 
yikes i was waiting for someone to say something like that, whats being ``ripped`` off? the font? but everything else is original...shaking my head, if i changed it into a gothic font it would be why you copying black scale or if i changed it to a graffiti tag, why you copying stussy, no wonder why its called ``hypebeast`` , the only thing you people see is the over hyped brands, but i bet if i added stars around the neck it be more wearable right? if the font is at fault ill change it and re upload
you are literally using the same font as been trill, that's why he said that. chill out
Heron Preston did not invent the font, he merely popularized it, reappropriations are no more than that, another use by another person
I agree if you couldnt use a font after one brand used it we would all be wearing blank shirts right now. i do notice people are overboard font Nazi s on here which is ridiculous. i remember have a emerica shirt in 2003 with that font , also creep streets been using that font for the last 5 years. its not Been Trills font they did not create it, they dont own it, and they without a doubt did not use it first! if a font works. use it! forget the Hype of come and go brands like Been Trill.   doesnt matter they got it from someone else too.ill be shocked if any one gives a shit about Been Trill in 5 years from now the brand is too one dimensional in my opinion . now if your just using it to cash in on the Hype and it doesnt fit the design it will show through, and you ll have shitty shirt.simple as that!
December 20, 2013 @ 07:29 AM
mghostman82

'50' Logo w/ slogan

Initial Line-Up

T-shirt (Blow) $25.00

Misc.
Post Card Stickers 

Blow 3 pack $6.00

-enclosure

(Links to your social)

Gone.
oh Yeah theres a market for that ! not for the people on this thread though. it would be in Nieman Marcus or and LA Boutiques $50 tees. for upper class more discerning male. with out a doubt. it would be Niche
December 20, 2013 @ 01:24 PM
Blu Label

I grew up a screw up | click here for more
December 20, 2013 @ 02:07 PM
Thievery

Hey guys, we are a new Men's Clothing/Art Collective currently based in Australia. Our collection of 5 panel caps and art prints are online and can be found at http://thieveryclothing.com/
We would love to hear your feedback and ideas on new threads! Cheers!
December 20, 2013 @ 04:01 PM
bakooom

'50' Logo w/ slogan

Initial Line-Up

T-shirt (Blow) $25.00

Misc.
Post Card Stickers 

Blow 3 pack $6.00

-enclosure

(Links to your social)

Gone.
typography is awful ; there's no sense of negative space.

http://bakumusa.bigcartel.com/

December 20, 2013 @ 05:22 PM
ReggieLimited

'50' Logo w/ slogan

Initial Line-Up

T-shirt (Blow) $25.00

Misc.
Post Card Stickers 

Blow 3 pack $6.00

-enclosure

(Links to your social)

Gone.
typography is awful ; there's no sense of negative space.
Fair assessment considering it was made in less than a day. Remember it's easy to nitpick on details such as typography but let me point out that many a brand have obvious flaws. And what's best about this brand is that its FAKE. Also, I believe the correct way to approach that is: "the typography needs work; there's is no sense of negative space." Saying something is "awful" is quite subjective and leads a person to become defensive. It often leads into meaningless arguments as well. It confounds me how much this community is ready to BASH each other rather than HELP each other. Well I did say be dastardly in your reviews, so I guess that is my own fault. In any case thanks for letting me know;)

December 20, 2013 @ 05:31 PM
OR NAH

constant bashing usually leads to improvement 

where the azn girls at

December 20, 2013 @ 06:39 PM
ReggieLimited

constant bashing usually leads to improvement 
I'd have to disagree. Constant bashing leads to argument, constructive criticism leads to improvement. 

In a world with "This SUCKS" vs "You should work on this", "You should work on this" is almost always better. The truth is that "This Sucks" actually does nothing to help you at all. It's just easier to say and you don't have to give a reason.

BUT, you are entitled to your opinion, so I won't go any further. 

December 20, 2013 @ 07:19 PM
HWYS - Joey

^^^ unfortunately you are completely correct. It seems as if people are less inclined to help on this forum than any other onr I'm a part of. Sucks but it is what it is...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

Please login first to reply.