@brightfutures camo ones are pretty dope
hell yeah

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

April 14, 2013 @ 07:54 PM
DannyHH

Anyone got a good tackle twill spot?
April 14, 2013 @ 09:19 PM
Hueric93

^^ you sound like my previous arts teacher. He was in love with the "rules" of art and the whole ideal of 'em. When I asked him if he thought graffiti, which I did as a teenager and still do - although no longer on the streets, was considered artful, he said no. His response was, "Anybody can scribble some stuff on a wall". Just like that. I closed my book, told him "have a nice fucking day" walked out and dropped the class.

I later ran into him at a local arts show where he was selling some of his paintings, to me they felt "flat". Meaning without any feelings. We talked for a bit and he actually remembered me which surprised me. I apologized, not for my outburst but for actually not looking into his background before signing up for the class. If I had, I'm sure I would had found his site and his work, which was just another refurbished idea of what "arts" is to him.

I'm not defending my actions per say, I'm just saying that for every taste, their is a color.

Here are a few of my paintings, just so you get an idea of what I'm into. This work won't translate to the clothing itself, I just wanted you to see them and let me know what you thought. By the way, you do some really cool animal/creature drawings.

Are those shoulder pads? Really cool shit, it's like a mix of tribal art and horror movie.

I'm just trying to be helpful man, starting a brand soon myself and this threads been really usefull.. I'm just trying to contrib back a bit. 
But some things arent about personal preference.. the goal here is to not only express yourself but to also sell clothing, and to sell clothing you have to realize you have to in some way cater to the tastes of a given customer. 

There are rules for Typography that have been in place for years and years (and are constantly being updated alebeit) but I'm here telling you what you have there just won't do. Right off the bat I could tell you wern't a designer and thats a bad thing man. 

I'm not your professor. I'm a 19 year old student that looks at everything Waaayy different than my teachers do, but I still understand the importance of following certain rules. And yes, there are times when breaking rules turns out to be awesome, but you cant do that until you understand how to do things Properly first.

Again, no disrespect just trying to help you guys out. Any questions with a design you can send me a message. And I'll be taking commissions again this summer if anyone needs help with a design or needs some illustrative work done.
It's cool as fuck

IG : @EricBehike

April 14, 2013 @ 09:48 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Name is Bobby and caps is what I do. Been steady building up Addixx up over the past year and I believe its about time I show some my work off to the world. Couple more overtime on my 9-5 and Addixx should be out Summer/Autumn this year. Fingers crossed

In the build up, every month I make a concept cap from scratch and giveaway. I only started September last year here are some of them. you can check the rest via HTTP://bit.ly/addixxcnc

Look forward to critics, the love and getting ton know some of y'all. God Bless
And to those who got a passion for something and want to turn it to something bigger than a hobby Keep at it, cos u never know. Addixx was all n still is a dream
Holla @AddixxTM on all platforms. 
www.addixx.co.uk
Azonto 

Year of The Dragon

Most Recent Stooshe
I like the concept of a 1/1 concept hat being given away.

hot water

April 14, 2013 @ 09:51 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Just released our Catalog for Spring 2013 for Bright Futures Sunglasses.

Our WF1 Wayfarer Model features:

Rigid Impact Resistant Poly-carbonate Frame Construction
-Scratch Resistant Acrylic UV 400 Protective Lenses
-180 Degree Motion Spring Hinge Arms
-Durable Advanced Method Pattern Screenprinting
-Custom PANTONE Color Camouflage
-Iridescent Titanium Plated Eyelets
-3M Reflective Screenprinted Side Logo
-Black PVC Leather Protective Case
-Microfiber Polyester Cleaning Soft Pouch

Lots of brand and shop collabos and more in the works for a late Spring surprise drop and Summer releases coming soon...

Check out more info over at www.brightfuturessunglasses.com
I fucking hate the name. It just sounds so "21 year old just graduated college on daddy's dime about to go get wasted for the next 3 months before reality hits like a bag of bricks fired from a circus cannon"-y.

That being said, I like the Fleck ones.

hot water

April 14, 2013 @ 11:06 PM
checkclothing

Offering free shipping on everything left in stock.  Take a gander, might throw in something extra if you order more than one item.  Thanks HB, happy Sunday.

April 15, 2013 @ 01:53 AM
chads

I wonder where the trend started, or who the influencer was for 5 Panels? I can remember for a LONG time, no one even wore/ talked about them (in my city). Now they're on equal level, with HUGELY popular hat styles, snapbacks, fitted hats, etc. 
supreme, i remember when other brands first started coming out with 5 panels everyone was like stop copying supreme and shit like that.
Haha, no. Supreme might have been a pioneer in bringing the 5 panel to streetwear but the original style came from 70's, 80s, cycling and running caps. Ralph Lauren has been making hats in these styles for decades.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

April 15, 2013 @ 02:20 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

I wonder where the trend started, or who the influencer was for 5 Panels? I can remember for a LONG time, no one even wore/ talked about them (in my city). Now they're on equal level, with HUGELY popular hat styles, snapbacks, fitted hats, etc. 
supreme, i remember when other brands first started coming out with 5 panels everyone was like stop copying supreme and shit like that.
Haha, no. Supreme might have been a pioneer in bringing the 5 panel to streetwear but the original style came from 70's, 80s, cycling and running caps. Ralph Lauren has been making hats in these styles for decades.
I think the question was more towards, "Who introduced 5 panels to the streetwear scene?"

hot water

April 15, 2013 @ 03:44 AM
ctkim

Just released our Catalog for Spring 2013 for Bright Futures Sunglasses.

Our WF1 Wayfarer Model features:

Rigid Impact Resistant Poly-carbonate Frame Construction
-Scratch Resistant Acrylic UV 400 Protective Lenses
-180 Degree Motion Spring Hinge Arms
-Durable Advanced Method Pattern Screenprinting
-Custom PANTONE Color Camouflage
-Iridescent Titanium Plated Eyelets
-3M Reflective Screenprinted Side Logo
-Black PVC Leather Protective Case
-Microfiber Polyester Cleaning Soft Pouch

Lots of brand and shop collabos and more in the works for a late Spring surprise drop and Summer releases coming soon...

Check out more info over at www.brightfuturessunglasses.com
when are the camo shades dropping? i went to the site to buy a pair and it said pre-order.

http://crispincooler.tumblr.com

April 15, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
WD.MYLES

WOLVES DEN SPRING 13 AVAILABLE NOW

http://shop.wdnation.com/ 

SHOP.WDNATION.COM

April 15, 2013 @ 05:07 AM
royds

Hey, fairly new to the forums

I've got a huge interest in design and I've wanted to share my work on other medias other than the internet, so I'm currently in the final stages of releasing my work on tee's. I've spent the last few months on a personal design project called "Staunch" which helps young males really live life. So I'm taking the theme and ideas from that project and starting Staunch as a clothing line. Because of costs I'm starting off with very small drops of tee's and plan to keep the drops small. I want the experience with each tee purchase to be a special one, So I'm packaging the TShirt in a brown paper bag, placed with the tshirt will be a photo of the Tshirt they have brought, on the back of that photo a personal message will be written by me and the Tshirt will be given a number from #1 to #10. (Only printing 10 tshirts per design).

Here are some of the design mockups, will be choosing one and printing next week. Would love your opinions, please.

I'm more interested than having my own personal tshirts out there than profit. So it's looking like it will be a very slow start but I'm passionate about doing this. Feedback, ideas, critique is very welcomed!
Email me at - Roydonmisseldine@yahoo.co.nz
Dribbble - http://dribbble.com/Royds

Cheers, RM
April 15, 2013 @ 05:53 PM
HWYS - Joey

Stepingonsanils -- I feel ya. No need to get on a forum fight lol. Yeah there's some typography shit that I should know, but at the end of the day, you learn as you go.

On a side note, Columbia hat 5 panel hats in the mid 90's that would shit on the stuff now.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

April 15, 2013 @ 05:58 PM
jaemz

WOLVES DEN SPRING 13 AVAILABLE NOW

http://shop.wdnation.com/ 
Way too much going on in the first two tbh. I like the last one though.
April 15, 2013 @ 07:17 PM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

www.AboveRoyaltyClothing.com Skate/Street Wear Est. 2010

April 15, 2013 @ 09:27 PM
hkeys

I mean in all honesty I wouldn't be able to tell your crown logo from the other 100 brands out there with crown designs. So you're saying you do more than crown designs, but I just looked at your website and it's all the same crown designs and you posted that line sheet with your Spring 13 release. To me if I have had my brand since 2010 I'd be doing a lot more than just the same design over and over again. Have to get original, switch it up from just normal tees and hoodies, how many crowns have you put on different shirts over the past 3 years? You must be running out of color options. Aside from the bashing, I will say the subtle branding with the crown over the particular sizes on the inside of your shirts is way iller than any of your designs. Also, why not just put your website under the sizes instead of your facebook url. That kills the little bit of originality you had with that execution.

http://thedividedminds.com/

April 15, 2013 @ 10:15 PM
gxldstoresupply

Coming Soon!!!! Colors Black.Blue.Red.

gxldstoresupply.storenvy.com
$upport $avage 99…..
April 15, 2013 @ 11:04 PM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

www.AboveRoyaltyClothing.com Skate/Street Wear Est. 2010

April 16, 2013 @ 12:57 AM
BSH

The finishings are some of the most important aspects of a brand. People may rip up hang tags but visual impact is there. Then you get weirdos like me who collect tags or take photos of logos they like (i like to blame 4 yrs of design school)

As far as breaking typographic rules, i feel like if it has a conceptual purpose then do it! but there is a huge difference between doing something because it was a uninformed decision  and a conceptual strategy. That applies to art and design right??

@joey1320 i dont think your tags are awful but they could use some work. Try lowering the size of the font, its pushing up against the sides of the border and it creates a bit of visual tension. The font is okay just dont stretch type not because its some kind of rule but because its more of a respect thing to designer. (its like cropping an artists work in a exhibition brochure). Also if you want to create more visual significance to certain set of words i would use a thicker more condensed weight. I also think you should get rid of the border it kind of contains what your saying. As far as the actual text i don't have much to say considering im not a copywriter
hope this helps! 
April 16, 2013 @ 04:37 AM
Hellah Fresh

We just did a light weight release at www.badnewsco.com. Check us out and tell me what you guys think!

April 16, 2013 @ 05:24 AM
DannyHH

We just did a light weight release at www.badnewsco.com. Check us out and tell me what you guys think!

I really like the shirt without the front print =(
April 16, 2013 @ 08:53 AM
gxldstoresupply

yea it would look better witout the design on the front
April 16, 2013 @ 09:47 AM
lucidbrand

Some preview of our upcoming summer drop, "Fresh snapback" / "Dreamteam snapback" / "camp caps" / "Oxford shirt" / "Smooth pocket tee"
We are Lucidbrand a young brand based in Stockholm, Sweden
We are working on a new website/store so its not updated, I have attached a screenshoot from our new website.
It's just the design, (The Photos are only examples we do not own them!)
Our goal with this season is to creat new and creative products from what we think is verry classic streetwear silhouettes like Pocket T-shirts and Oxford shirts.The name of the collection is : NEW CLASSICS by Lucidbrand
Feel free to give us feedback, we need to hear it!
/Erik

www.lucidbrand.se

April 16, 2013 @ 01:44 PM
kumasiii

not to be a debby downer, but if you think any of those designs are "new" or "creative".....
April 16, 2013 @ 02:33 PM
Hellah Fresh

I really like the shirt without the front print =(
Thanks for the feedback! We are experimenting with design ideas. We have another shipment coming in that will have no prints on them =)
April 16, 2013 @ 02:51 PM
scottmcl

$upport $avage 99…..
thats such a blatant copy of the 'been trill' logo..all of your shit is straight copied from pyrex
April 16, 2013 @ 04:53 PM
kosherkid

hey whats up everybody?! I'm new on here. Well not new to hypebeast but just joined as a member for a specific purpose. I'm trying to start a new brand and I'm looking for a creative partner to do so with. I live in Cali, southern ca, costa mesa to be exact. Which is about 30 miles south of LA. Im hoping there are some people on here that are in my area that would like to help/be my partner in starting a brand. I have been doing art since a young kid, have taken almost every art/design class in college, which Im currently going back to finish while working.I've had a passion for street wear since i was young and its time to turn it into a reality.I actually have some experience working with different artist, printing tee, etc. Enough of that, I dont have to ask if your passionate about street wear or else you wouldnt be on here. Ideal person;very creative and open minded, has some art/graphic design experience(photoshop, illustrator)a plus to help design for print,has s somewhat good understanding of current streetwear trends, willing to spend tons of there free time building the brand. If you have extra money to put towards production cost would also be a plus but not a must. I want a partner I can bounce ideas off of, and collab in the creative process together. Some of my fav brands( HUF, supreme, Mishka, crooks &castles, the hundreds,stussy of course, diamond, reason, 10deep, undftd, obey) If you live in the area and your 100 percent down for committing to putting the energy in to start a brand, please reply!
April 16, 2013 @ 07:34 PM
gxldstoresupply

$upport $avage 99…..
thats such a blatant copy of the 'been trill' logo..all of your shit is straight copied from pyrex
lol cool...dats wssp..
April 16, 2013 @ 07:38 PM
gxldstoresupply

$upport $avage 99…..
wait, why do you think im copying been trill and Pyrex? they could be copying me.....o.0
April 16, 2013 @ 08:17 PM
swefn

[FREE GIVEAWAY]
swefn will release the "3 Nails" T-shirts on this Saturday the April 20th. One winner will get one FREE "3 Nails" T-shirt. 

[RULES]
***Fulfill all three rules by April 20th, 2013 to enter for this giveaway***
1. "Like" swefn’s facebook page. (If you already did, you don't have to do it again) 
2. "Like" this post.
3. Leave a "comment" what you think about this T-shirt.

The winners will be announced on the day of release April, 20th 2013

www.facebook.com/swefn

swefn

Please login first to reply.