Starting a New Line/Brand Feedback Thread

February 08, 2013 @ 00:23:33 AM
What's up everybody...

We just received our shipment of our first season, first delivery sunglasses, but we're waiting on the packaging to arrive... So we put them up for a pre-order that will ship on March 1rst.

A little about the sunglasses:

Bright Futures WF1 Translucent Sunglasses
-Rigid Poly-carbonate Frame Construction
-Scratch Resistant Acrylic UV 400 Polarized Lenses
-180 Degree Motion Spring Hinge Arms
-Custom PANTONE Color Translucent Frame
-Iridescent Titanium Plated Eyelets
-Bright Futures Screenprinted Side Logo

We'll be previewing the second release of a 3 pack of camouflage WF1's this weekend... 

Stay posted on our site and other social media...

http://www.brightfuturessunglasses.com/

February 08, 2013 @ 01:07:00 AM
Originally posted by Inactive User
Order Via Email: qualy88@yahoo.com

Foreign Society

LOL DID YOU REALLY PRINT ON A ROGUE STATUS SHIRT??????????????
February 08, 2013 @ 03:52:06 AM
Have any of you guys used godaddy to create your website? Howd you like it?
February 08, 2013 @ 06:37:16 AM
there's better places to make your site. try places like shopify, bigcommerce, woocommerce
February 08, 2013 @ 12:59:26 PM
leath
100 %leather patterned fabric used for entire design.
I'll be honest, the designs are childish and so is the name/brand. Just think of the top brands out there and compare yours to theirs. What do you see?

I know you are trying and I give you that, but you should rethink your approach. Also what program are you using for your designs?
i a combination of photoshop and illustrator. The name is specifically for the target audience (smokers). As far as the designs go i see simplicity to be most common. 

KiteLifeCo. "It's Not Style, It's a LifeStyle!" Follow Us @kitelifeco www.kitelifeclothing.com

February 08, 2013 @ 13:23:53 PM
leath
100 %leather patterned fabric used for entire design.
I'll be honest, the designs are childish and so is the name/brand. Just think of the top brands out there and compare yours to theirs. What do you see?

I know you are trying and I give you that, but you should rethink your approach. Also what program are you using for your designs?
i use a combination of photoshop and illustrator. The name is specifically for the target audience (smokers). I'd perfer just "kite life" but was approached by someone that that is the name of a registered business, so i figured i had to alter it and slapped co on there but was contemplating "Kite Life-Style"...but ehhh....idk As far as the designs go i see simplicity to be most common. 

KiteLifeCo. "It's Not Style, It's a LifeStyle!" Follow Us @kitelifeco www.kitelifeclothing.com

February 08, 2013 @ 13:28:11 PM
If somebody already has that name I would look into finding a completely different one. You don't want to be an afterthought... As far as designs go, I guess it's u to you and what you think your audience will like. I'm not a smoker, so I would prob never buy one of those, but if it had a clean design I would probably consider it.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 08, 2013 @ 14:01:43 PM
If somebody already has that name I would look into finding a completely different one. You don't want to be an afterthought... As far as designs go, I guess it's up to you and what you think your audience will like. I'm not a smoker, so I would prob never buy one of those, bit if it had a clean design I would probably consider it.
Idk though kites and smoking are completely far off in markets but competing for SEO will definitely be a pain. I like high fashion along with street & urban, I want the brand to be boutique quality and want it to be more then just ink on a shirt. That is one thing I realized after searching through here and looking through the catalogs and look-books of the  major brands. So I think simplifying the designs (as suggested) and adding the extra missing quality (that most go hards look for) through the use of different textures/patterns/fabrics as well as keeping the pieces limited to low/moderate quantities. My goal was to get constructive feedback on the colors/designs, input on what to remove/replace/add  etc. like I do from the more technical forums but that seems to come in scarcity around here.

I appreciate the food for thought on the name, also4 what do you think the design lacks to attract a non-smoker?

February 08, 2013 @ 15:39:21 PM
Have any of you guys used godaddy to #? Howd you like it?
i personally just got my domain from go daddy but i think big cartel its the best by far aside from a word press even though both are good.

February 08, 2013 @ 15:56:49 PM

A or B?

February 08, 2013 @ 18:23:16 PM
C (Neither)
February 08, 2013 @ 20:52:20 PM
Anyone else think that posting pre production photos asking for advice downgrades a brands credit and image? Personally, I enjoy keeping almost every detail secret until the release.

To be honest, I would not buy from a single brand on here that has posted pre design templates. To me, it shows that they are not confident in their design aesthetic. Don't get me wrong, that is ok - but why not use the resources in your inner circle to assist you? A huge element of streetwear is the surprise aspect. Master it.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

February 08, 2013 @ 22:35:58 PM
February 08, 2013 @ 22:48:46 PM

IG: @mobbyluii

February 08, 2013 @ 23:04:30 PM

A or B?
E (all of the above)

WTB: Supreme Vagina Tee White XL

February 08, 2013 @ 23:05:05 PM
Supreme x Illegal Immigrants

February 08, 2013 @ 23:08:22 PM
Anyone else think that posting pre production photos asking for advice downgrades a brands credit and image? Personally, I enjoy keeping almost every detail secret until the release.

To be honest, I would not buy from a single brand on here that has posted pre design templates. To me, it shows that they are not confident in their design aesthetic. Don't get me wrong, that is ok - but why not use the resources in your inner circle to assist you? A huge element of streetwear is the surprise aspect. Master it.
I post pre-preduction mockups to hopefully get hard, honest feedback. When I show stuff to my friends and family, I feel as if I get pity compliments on it. The public has no reason to do this to me, so I tend to post here first.

hot water

February 08, 2013 @ 23:08:52 PM

A or B?
E (all of the above)
you skipped D there, champ

hot water

February 08, 2013 @ 23:33:38 PM
How much could one expect to potentially earn from having their artwork licensed on tshirts ? This particular company supplies Urban Outfitters, Topman etc.

I was approached, but I'm totally clueless as to how to go about it. I havent signed the contract I was given yet but have been offered 10% for boutiques and 5% for none boutique gross sales.

How do I go about protecting myself ?

(I know this isnt strictly starting up a label, but its near ?)

Thanks !
February 08, 2013 @ 23:48:04 PM
Originally posted by Inactive User
How much could one expect to potentially earn from having their artwork licensed on tshirts ? This particular company supplies Urban Outfitters, Topman etc.

I was approached, but I'm totally clueless as to how to go about it. I havent signed the contract I was given yet but have been offered 10% for boutiques and 5% for none boutique gross sales.

How do I go about protecting myself ?

(I know this isnt strictly starting up a label, but its near

Thanks !
I don't really think we can help you here, although sites like Mintees and Deviantart might be able to.

hot water

February 09, 2013 @ 00:03:32 AM
@beenhustlingninefour Thanks man !
February 09, 2013 @ 00:50:23 AM
there's better places to make your site. try places like shopify, bigcommerce, woocommerce
Thanks, ill definitely give them a look! Just tryin to figure out which is best
February 09, 2013 @ 01:15:54 AM
Hey guys, I recently joined to see if I could get some feedback on my company. Not looking to go into depth on the meanings of designs, as that is not what this is about. Just want to let you know that we are based out of the Northwest and our designs are based around the Northwest. We just had our first "official" release yesterday, so any feedback is appreciated.

Just wanted to show you guys a couple pictures, as I dont want to spam this thread. What do you guys think about presentation, design quality, etc. I know that the designs don't appeal to a wide market, but my niche is the northwest, so that's what we're aiming at.

Here is the site
http://www.northwest-gear.com

Thanks if you reply!

Does anyone have any ins on getting online exposure? As stated in my last post, I understand that my clothing isn't widely accepted as the demographic I have chosen is a direct representation of the Northwest, but I was hoping that someone would be able to maybe bounce some ideas off of me with some good marketing strategies. What would be a good way to reach people that wear streetwear/urban wear? I have contact a couple fashion blogs, but I'm sure getting a feature would be a long shot.

Also, does anyone have experience in starting up a skate/bmx/snow team?
February 09, 2013 @ 03:01:47 AM
Northwest Gear --
Regarding exposure and marketing, I will say start small and let the consumer push the product for you. By this I mean, sell your products locally and make each and every transaction a great one for your customer. By having them realize how good of a product/costumer service you have, this will make them promote the brand.

As far as looking into bmx/skateboard teams/promos- go to your local skate park and talk to people. Find out who the best guy on the skatepark is, there is always one and sponsor him/her. Give him some free gear/stickers and have 'em wear the stuff when the park is the busiest. Take pics and post them up and have him do the same.

Good luck!

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 09, 2013 @ 03:08:36 AM

I post pre-preduction mockups to hopefully get hard, honest feedback. When I show stuff to my friends and family, I feel as if I get pity compliments on it. The public has no reason to do this to me, so I tend to post here first.
100% agree. no one wants to spend hours and lots of money printing shirts only to have no one buy any of them. i think getting feedback on pre-production mocks is really important
February 09, 2013 @ 03:17:18 AM

MARCH RELEASE

Travel Good. Live Most.

February 09, 2013 @ 03:39:00 AM

MARCH RELEASE

Travel Good. Live Most.

February 09, 2013 @ 04:22:51 AM
Reminds me of YSL...

February 09, 2013 @ 04:51:13 AM
reminds me of gayness

February 09, 2013 @ 04:52:28 AM

i use a combination of photoshop and illustrator. The name is specifically for the target audience (smokers). I'd perfer just "kite life" but was approached by someone that that is the name of a registered business, so i figured i had to alter it and slapped co on there but was contemplating "Kite Life-Style"...but ehhh....idk As far as the designs go i see simplicity to be most common. 
i find the words "total shit" to be more accurate if we're describing your designs

jaemz.tumblr.com // @ja.emz

Please login first to reply.
x