Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 29, 2010 @ 08:18 PM
miadonz

yeah besides, its not even karmaloop thats bad. its the brands that make the bad clothes, not karmaloop.
October 29, 2010 @ 10:35 PM
LMCrep

KL has gone down hill imo. The only stuff I have ordered within the last year is Orisue and Wesc (possible RVCA, not sure if they even carry that). They used to have some solid brands when they were smaller and I could always find good stuff. Now when I get their newsletters it's a bunch of same looking street wear t shirts. KL does an awesome job at what they do, and they have amazing discounts and online store, so I'll give them that though.

exactly.

i wasn't knocking how they handle their business.

my criticism is of the brands they carry (a bunch of wack shit for poseurs).

i got no problems with the guys running karmaloop.
October 29, 2010 @ 10:39 PM
Cboom

I agree with Sonny's logic but loxfam's opinion. I wouldn't even contaminate my browser with that website. They have done a fantastic job of cornering a market and milking the shit out of it, so props to that. But anyone over the age of 19 with a shred of fashion sense would have no reason to visit this place.

Congratulations on you success though, for real.
October 30, 2010 @ 02:07 AM
TH9

exactly.

i wasn't knocking how they handle their business.

my criticism is of the brands they carry (a bunch of wack shit for poseurs).

i got no problems with the guys running karmaloop.

Poser spelling, poseur.
October 30, 2010 @ 08:37 PM
CShizzle77

I agree with where loxfam is coming from but no disrespect karmloop has great prices and it appeals to a wide range of people which is great, and they always offer discounts
October 31, 2010 @ 02:30 AM
Juelz

KL works great for people buying overseas, with cheaper prices than local stockists and newest selection on a handful on specific brands, for whatever taste you have, you can't really go wrong.

I'd like to hear Dennis's input on this e.g figures, on how many of their sales are intentional, not just within USA. Im assuming it must be quite a bit in comparison.
October 31, 2010 @ 03:01 PM
metalslug

i appreciate this response, and i want to apologize if it seemed as if i was knocking your company's hustle.

congrats on whatever success you reach.

i just think you guys carry a lot of brands that people just don't fuck with.

that's snobbish of me, i know, but it's real..artful dodger? orisue?...crooks?...even lrg...

i'm a picky dude, fickle as hell, and very particular about what i rock.

but when i step into your shop, all i see are "me, too" brands that look real suspect in terms of creative execution.

the only brands you guys carry that i fuck with are:

diamond

alife (but you guys don't even carry the good alife joints)

black scale (my fav of your brands..these dudes are on their shit)

Wesc (basic stuff, when they keep it simple)

Triumvir

maybe i'm just a REALLY particular dude, man.

but i would MUCH rather go to uncle petes or concepts or dega before stepping into karmaloop.

i used to love your store, but it's just gotten very weak in recent times.

the only reason i even go there now is to cop vans.

it'd be cool if you guys held stussy deluxe or even just stussy.

its funny cuz people actually do fuck with LRG, ARTFUL etc.. you have to understand the people that frequent this forum are prolly 5% of the actual streetwear type consumer.
October 31, 2010 @ 03:03 PM
metalslug

dude, i think you kind of understand where i'm coming from.

even, if implicitly, you concede that karmaloop is the tjmax of streetwear retail.

the legit brands aren't carried by them, and that's all that i'm saying.

i just think it's odd how some heads on hypebeast will talk about karmaloop, when you will hardly EVER find the shit that's blogged about on the hypebeast frontpage at karmaloop.

you don't think that's just a bit ironic?

and what legit brands?
October 31, 2010 @ 05:02 PM
N.O. 4 life

lol ^^^ thats what i was finna say what are they missing?...bbc play cloths the hundreds supreme...only brands i can name off top...o and where i goto to college at lrg is still the shit

why am i entertaining this...he said "the big dawgs" and is typing in sentence paragraphs...find another store, get pussy, and stop hating on the walmart of streetwear cuz they got a lil somethin for everybody on discount
October 31, 2010 @ 05:08 PM
Denny Crane

It's been a fact for years that karmaloop sucks.

Step your games up, youngins.
October 31, 2010 @ 05:56 PM
metalslug

It's been a fact for years that sun causes cancer.

Step your shade games up, youngins.

>sad
October 31, 2010 @ 08:13 PM
deadpooL

I agree with Sonny's logic but loxfam's opinion. I wouldn't even contaminate my browser with that website. They have done a fantastic job of cornering a market and milking the shit out of it, so props to that. But anyone over the age of 19 with a shred of fashion sense would have no reason to visit this place.

Congratulations on you success though, for real.

100% truth.

/lockthread
November 1, 2010 @ 01:16 PM
tha son

He's right...I just subconsciously stopped checking that site about a year and a half ago, and now I look at it like, "...eh..."

But on the other hand, I see people wearing LRG everyday. My friends wear it (I don't comment of course, nothing worse than bashing someone's fashion sense), and there's certainly a market for more "mainstream streetwear". I would imagine Karmaloop can't sell clothes designed by say, DQM, just because of the small amount of product DQM sells overall. But hell, I dunno...
November 1, 2010 @ 05:06 PM
mize2DX

ITS A FUCKING ONLINE STORE !!! It's 2010....Street Wear hit it's peak in 5 years ago. I remember when KL only had a few brands total. If you dont like it dont shop there.

I hate TEENS !!
November 1, 2010 @ 05:48 PM
Ibarra Boy

^^^^^^^ agreed... Anybody who's trying to be "up" on the most "exclusive" of brands, in my opinion, is just working too hard. It's about being stylish, not trendy. Forget the Wal-mart of streetwear, a dude that knows how to dress can walk out of an ACTUAL WAL-MART and make those cheap clothes look legitimately stylish. I'm all for rocking quality brands, but man, smh...
November 1, 2010 @ 06:04 PM
mrh

I've always liked karmaloop and always will just cuz of the huge variety of stuff

there really are only like 2 or 3 things i'd buy off there but i love stores that get all kinds of shit and have good pics of people modeling the stuff. cuz that gives me more motivation to buy clothes i've never really worn before and it really helps for when it comes to jeans
November 1, 2010 @ 07:43 PM
kermitDfrog

whens the last time you went in a store and said "wow every single thing in here is dope as shit"...never?...o ok

#reeferlution
November 1, 2010 @ 10:06 PM
Ryon

they killing the culture...

theyre spreading the culture, you guys kill it
November 1, 2010 @ 10:58 PM
Negi

I've never seen a brand I liked on karmaloop. None of them are remotely fashionable and I would not be caught dead wearing them.

I prefer to do my shopping in person because I'm extremely picky about quality and sizing, but when I have to buy online I do it at luisaviaroma.com or I view stuff online/get news from contacts at isetan men's shinjuku and head over to buy it.

How exclusive can a brand be if it's sold over the internet? Enjoy thinking that - at least I have visvim, nbhd, burberry prorsum, julius_7, dior h., not something everyone can wear.
November 1, 2010 @ 11:36 PM
Primo!

Give it 1-2 more years. It'll be the next Dr Jays.
I don't rock that street wear shit. Too much hype. By all means, people can wear what they want, but I buy stuff that doesn't fade out. Personal taste > rocking some shit thats hot for the moment.

I'm into wearing regular white v-necks & tee's, henleys, raglan shirts, flannels/plaid, thermals, etc. Shit they don't really sell on Karmaloop, and the ones they have are shit quality.
November 1, 2010 @ 11:51 PM
Negi

Give it 1-2 more years. It'll be the next Dr Jays.
I don't rock that street wear shit. Too much hype. By all means, people can wear what they want, but I buy stuff that doesn't fade out. Personal taste > rocking some shit thats hot for the moment.

I'm into wearing regular white v-necks & tee's, henleys, raglan shirts, flannels/plaid, thermals, etc. Shit they don't really sell on Karmaloop, and the ones they have are shit quality.

exactly. most people eventually realise simple tees with border details/argyle or just plain solid colour are infinitely more cool & mature than loud graphic tees.
November 2, 2010 @ 12:04 AM
Primo!

Yeah, I've grown to hate wearing things that advertise brand names all over them. I may wear a Stussy tee from time to time, but its definitely rare nowadays.

But I can't knock the companies out there making that $$$
And I can't knock all the people who are just buying what they like, whether it goes out of style or not.

But I hate wearing that street wear "uniform" that everyone has nowadays.
November 2, 2010 @ 12:12 AM
Blacklikeakon

No if you don't like what they sale go to another store. It like going to mcdonalds expecting to get a. Home cooked meal
November 2, 2010 @ 12:12 AM
Ibarra Boy

hanes comfort tees (that actually fit) in ash gray, white, or black>>>> any tee you can buy or find on Karmaloop, Hypebeast, etc... Even brand "snobs" still succumb to what's hot... Don't get me wrong, I don't hate on buying brands that put out quality stuff, but I'm into buying clothes that I pick out from my closet 5 yrs from now and be like "Man, this STILL looks good."
November 2, 2010 @ 12:48 AM
TH9

How exclusive can a brand be if it's sold over the internet? Enjoy thinking that - at least I have visvim, nbhd, burberry prorsum, julius_7, dior h., not something everyone can wear.

I have the faintest feeling that HB isn't the right forum for you
November 2, 2010 @ 12:50 AM
GhostOne

Wow, didn't know people felt this way too. Never really liked karmaloop either to be honest, truth be told I wouldn't rock 90%+ of the stuff on there
November 2, 2010 @ 10:49 AM
Negi

I have the faintest feeling that HB isn't the right forum for you

All of these labels have been featured multiple times on HB before. If this is not a forum to discuss what has been featured on the front page, I don't know what it is.

"Hypebeast is the most read fashion news and information outlet. Hypebeast is updated several times per day with the latest news on fashion and culture."

- It is wrong to discuss some of the greatest fashion houses and designers here? razzrazzrazz
November 2, 2010 @ 11:25 AM

Inactive

This thread has come to prove only one thing. Fashion is a subjective and personal topic for everyone. Just because you don't like what Karmaloop carries doesn't mean that hundreds of thousands of other people feel the same way. I'm fairly certain you could name ANY website retailer and you'd have people giving both approval and disapproval.

Karmaloop caters to those who still like those brands. They know what they're doing and they obviously make a lot of money doing it. Maybe you've "out grown" Karmaloop. Not in a sense that you're getting older, but your tastes and style have changed. Maybe you'll go back maybe you won't.
November 2, 2010 @ 12:00 PM
zyezye

lol you guys raging over an online store

kl sometimes has clean shit in. sometimes.

and brand exclusivity, lol what a laugh. if its on the fucking net, you can bet your ass it isnt exclusive to just you. unless you live in like.. a really really small city. thats almost a town, hell maybe a hamlet, nooo maybe even a fuckin village. with hobbits. those damn hobbitses. buying all the size 10 shoes for their 5 month old babies. damn them. imagine buying second hand shoes that are your size and knowing they came from a 5 month old baby. fuuuuuu. damn hobbits.

but yeah, buy shit that you like and don't rage about it when people hate on it.
cuz haters gonna hate. If someones gunna hate you be all up in their face going "this is my style, this is me" and then thank based god for looking like jesus to get that bitch on your dick because he mad cuz you stylin on em. shiiiieeeeet.

fuck waking up high is fucking awesome.
November 2, 2010 @ 03:22 PM
ppp1zzle

lol you guys raging over an online store

kl sometimes has clean shit in. sometimes.

and brand exclusivity, lol what a laugh. if its on the fucking net, you can bet your ass it isnt exclusive to just you. unless you live in like.. a really really small city. thats almost a town, hell maybe a hamlet, nooo maybe even a fuckin village. with hobbits. those damn hobbitses. buying all the size 10 shoes for their 5 month old babies. damn them. imagine buying second hand shoes that are your size and knowing they came from a 5 month old baby. fuuuuuu. damn hobbits.

but yeah, buy shit that you like and don't rage about it when people hate on it.
cuz haters gonna hate. If someones gunna hate you be all up in their face going "this is my style, this is me" and then thank based god for looking like jesus to get that bitch on your dick because he mad cuz you stylin on em. shiiiieeeeet.

fuck waking up high is fucking awesome.

i applaud you for referencing lil b...omg based god.
Karmaloop has some serious stuff sometimes..they aren't wack. KL is still in business last time i checked; they're doing something right..

Please login first to reply.