Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 30, 2011 @ 01:05 PM
WHS.

all i see in this thread are a bunch of dudes that can't adapt to battlefield gameplay.

expected cool
September 30, 2011 @ 01:15 PM
Trollinator

adapted and raped last nightcool

There are still some few glitches

patch that shit up NOW

I want to see the world burn

September 30, 2011 @ 01:29 PM
sjem

Sniping is way too good in this game too since the maps are so big. almost no reason to use an assault rifle. the sniper has like zero recoil and its automatic.

When you say automatic you mean semi-automatic and you have to wait a good half a second between shots right?

The game's really good. Not sure what everyone means when they say it feels clunky but for anyone who played crysis 2 I'd say it's more responsive than that, not quite as good as cod but nothing is. Weapons all feel really good and actually have recoil.

As far as criticisms go, menus and killcams are shit, the map is way too linear imo (i know that's sort of the point) but I'm sure others will be better, and I still find myself getting killed round corners/behind cover like in black ops.

Edit: Oh yeah and grenades are terrible.
September 30, 2011 @ 01:50 PM
Jim Jardashian

Automatic sniper rifles would be cool.
September 30, 2011 @ 04:10 PM
jaded

As far as criticisms go, menus and killcams are shit

I agree.

They tried to make the menus fancy, but all they did was overcomplicate them. It's a huge pain in the ass just to change the scope on your gun. I wish they would've kept the Bad Company 2 menus and just updated the look, those were really easy to use.

Also, I really wish that they wouldn't automatically add whatever attachment you unlock to your gun. Tell me I unlocked it, and let me decide if I want to use it or not. I end up with an ACOG scope on a gun just because I unlocked it, and I have to go in and take it off.

Killcams are shit like you said. I get killed by a sniper and the killcam gives me an extreme close-up on his face and that's it.

I also can't seem to change my kit during the countdown before a round starts. I sit there for 30 seconds, and if I decide I want to play recon instead of assault, I can't change it until I start the match and die...

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

September 30, 2011 @ 05:48 PM
WHS.

don't misunderstand. I can snipe all day and get a high k/d. doesnt make the game any funner.

that's because you're playing to see who can kill the most and missing the big picture. im sure you know how to cover a bomb and plant a bomb yadyaydyadya. but there's so much more. i like the tactical side of the game and how much your win relies on your team as a whole and the feeling that the battle is bigger than just my isolated situation. you either see it or you don't really. the difference between COD and BF to me is like the difference between a real horror movie that's tense and plays with your emotions and a horror movie that uses cheap jump scares.

on how the game feels mechanically i think it's great but that's just me doe. but i do agree that the sniper is OD easy to use, they'll probably nerf it or something sooner or later.

one thing that i'd like to see implemented are for squad leaders to be able to talk to other squad leaders, but thats just a whole nother level of team game play that would seldom be taken advantage of or work well enough in public games. Probably the PC gamer in me loving the team aspect of games.

/fanboy

tldr; I FUCKING LOVE BATTLEFIELD 3 BEST GAME EVAR
battlefields not for everyone
September 30, 2011 @ 06:16 PM
DunkPunk

i hate how i gotta fucking run for 5 min till i find someone.. maps are way to huge..

i also hate that i can't talk to my homies. we join the same squad, then it disbands us and puts us in different ones...

UCSB.

September 30, 2011 @ 06:23 PM
sjem

I think they made a bad choice on the map to include in the beta. It would be much better if they chose a map that wasn't so linear and actually included vehicles.
September 30, 2011 @ 09:43 PM
jaded

I think they made a bad choice on the map to include in the beta. It would be much better if they chose a map that wasn't so linear and actually included vehicles.

If they wanted the game to sell like crazy, the beta should have been Caspian Border. Metro is boring as fuck already, it's way too linear of a map and doesn't feel like a true Battlefield map at all. I don't know how guys are level 30 on console already, I'm 15 I think and I'm bored of it.

September 30, 2011 @ 10:06 PM
CHIEFxIRONLUNG

...not quite as good as cod but nothing is.

lol!
October 1, 2011 @ 12:11 AM
Relax.

i hate how i gotta fucking run for 5 min till i find someone.. maps are way to huge..

i also hate that i can't talk to my homies. we join the same squad, then it disbands us and puts us in different ones...

Word. This is hella annoying... -_-

Edit: At this point snipers are OP. I be leading every lobby cuz ♥♥♥♥♥s just be runnin around in the open and shit
October 1, 2011 @ 05:24 AM
sjem

lol!

Way to take my quote out of context. I meant the responsiveness of the controls.
October 1, 2011 @ 05:27 AM
chex

Adapted. Too bad you have to snipe your way through this game.
October 1, 2011 @ 06:46 AM
Gilly Suits

It really isn't that bad, it seems like you guys prefer games where you rush in. Also on map choice well it showcases different levels for where you would use all the attachments for certain things and the weapons are all good for certain areas. Then complaining about no vehicles it's a 1.3 GB download, you think the servers crash now imagine with them running around the maps constantly. I do however hate that squads never work. That if you zoom with a reflex sight on a shotgun too long a huge spike appears on your gun and stays there till you die. I hate how fricken long you stay deaf after dying by a grenade with that said I hate grenade radius shit is bigger than an rpg. These should all be simple fixes and LOLz at the kid who thinks CoD is better. I am amazing at CoD but the only good one that you could be talking about is MW2 as Black Ops was a fail and that had serious bugs/things that should have been removed (OMA noob tubing/UMP owning every other gun and shooting through shields, the Intervention did the same/Spawn points costing you game/how easy it was to hack if you really wanted to). Have fun with beta

Culective.com //

October 1, 2011 @ 11:46 AM
Relax.

The BC2 beta had vehicles. sad
October 1, 2011 @ 01:41 PM
jaded

Shotgun needs a major nerf. Almost everyone is using the 870 today... It's as bad as it was in BC2. You can snipe with it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQew6bvmYEA

They also need to fix the flashlight, it's way too bright. There's a video on YouTube of a guy comparing it to the sun in game, and the flashlight is brighter >sad

October 1, 2011 @ 05:04 PM
TheCityOfChi

I love how the map is so interactive. You can blow up that whole damn building in metro with rpg's. Its pretty good so far IMO. I just hate the whole subway section part
October 1, 2011 @ 05:51 PM
hooperr

Flying is pretty boring with the mouse and the joystick support was non-existent. Good thing they removed the servers playing Caspian Border
October 2, 2011 @ 07:01 AM
calintz

250 player server

October 2, 2011 @ 09:19 AM
PlatinumRespect

anyone else find it extremely annoying that when you go prone, and sometimes when your not even prone, your character is still moving to the side? -__-

like, how am i supposed to get in cover if my dude is moving out of the cover by himself?

and i feel like the guns are OD shaky when your not even firing.
October 2, 2011 @ 10:48 AM
TheCityOfChi

anyone else find it extremely annoying that when you go prone, and sometimes when your not even prone, your character is still moving to the side? -__-

like, how am i supposed to get in cover if my dude is moving out of the cover by himself?

and i feel like the guns are OD shaky when your not even firing.

I've noticed this too, plus dead bodies just sliding across the map
October 2, 2011 @ 11:37 AM
shakintheD

Just played the beta, shitty game, feels so blocky and the death scenes are stupid.
October 2, 2011 @ 11:38 AM
jaded

The beta is roughly a month behind the version that DICE is currently working with.

BF3 – More On Destruction, Ranking System, Squad Issues & Other Important Beta Info
Share via email

The Battlefield Beta is receiving a lot of mixed impressions and is dividing the opinions many Battlefield fans. While some are confident in DICE to produce a spectacular Battlefield experience, despite all the bugs and glitches found in the Beta, others are considering cancelling pre-orders, feeling that the game is a hopeless mess.

If you are one of the individuals in the middle who feel confused about the whole Beta situation and the state at which Battlefield 3 is in, perhaps this round up or information will put your worries at ease.

We’ve compiled a list of tweets and notes that we think will help clear a lot of minds as to what to expect from the final version.

Below is a list of some of the more important fixes wich can be found on the Battlelog:

Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage. (Ever feel like you’ve been one-shotted by a sub machine gun while on the run? )

The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets. (Still need to test this out, but many have felt the spotting in BF3 has been nerfed a little too much. Perhaps this will make it more fair? )

Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates. (It is obviously important to know what kind of specializations your squad-mates are running in order to choose accordingly and round-out the team.)

Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”. (Any fixes regarding quads is extremely welcome!)

Below are two very important tweets from Community Manager, Daniel Matros, that I think are very informative to the Battlefield community:

“A lot of what you are seeing in the BETA doesn’t exist in the main game already. 1st Party submissions mean we couldn’t give a version of the latest code in the BETA but the retail game is well ahead of what you are seeing now with a lot more bug fixes already in place.” (We’ve also recently heard that the beta version we are currently playing is roughly a month behind the version of the game DICE is currently working on.)

“Caspian Border is not in the consoles client file you downloaded. PC’s download was 3.9Gb compared to the consoles 1.2Gb. Also PC Caspian Border was running on limited servers to get stability and performance data from servers running at capacity. Consoles do not need the same server stability check as the player numbers are the same across all game modes.” (This serves as clarification as to why consoled will not be getting the Caspian Border multiplayer map in their version of the Beta.)

It seems whenever my brother and I want to play together we can, one of us becomes connection to EA lost. What is the deal here? If this is happening when the game servers are up it could be because you are on strict NAT settings. Turn both consoles on and run the Microsoft network test on both consoles and see what is says your NAT settings are. Also, do you have both Xbox 360 accounts linked to two different EA accounts or are they linked to one EA account? Joining as squads doesn’t work in the BETA. (At least we now know that it seems to be intentional that joining a game as a squad was left out of the beta.)

Destructive Buildings (Console) The destruction is the same on console and PC. You won’t be able to take down buildings in multiplayer as that would mean levelling a whole city. You can however take out large parts of buildings and possibly destroy smaller buildings in other maps but you will have to wait and see those maps. (This was speculated earlier that destruction would be slightly toned down from Battlefield: Bad Company 2.)

Stats won’t carry over? So, we are not carrying over the stats because the rank progression system as well as the persistance score is going to be reworked based on feedback from what we

October 2, 2011 @ 11:50 AM
jaded

Regarding unlocked attachments automatically being added to your weapon:

Kertz was also asked if the auto-equip of new attachments was a design choice or a bug, and if it

October 2, 2011 @ 12:33 PM
PlatinumRespect

oh boy. ^ under a month left before launch and even the current beta still has these problems? shouldnt this have been done? -__-

DICE knows how to make the fans happy, but they had so much time to work on this... id hate to say it, but im all for them pushing release back if its not up to par. =[
October 2, 2011 @ 01:05 PM
jaded

oh boy. ^ under a month left before launch and even the current beta still has these problems? shouldnt this have been done? -__-

DICE knows how to make the fans happy, but they had so much time to work on this... id hate to say it, but im all for them pushing release back if its not up to par. =[

Well, supposedly what we're playing in beta is a month behind the game in its current state, so a lot of problems have been addressed according to DICE.

October 2, 2011 @ 01:44 PM
PlatinumRespect

Well, supposedly what we're playing in beta is a month behind the game in its current state, so a lot of problems have been addressed according to DICE.

i know, lol i just read that. im saying even though were playing an older beta version, they said they still dont have fixes to some things. one of the biggest being weapon balance.
October 2, 2011 @ 02:06 PM
jaded

i know, lol i just read that. im saying even though were playing an older beta version, they said they still dont have fixes to some things. one of the biggest being weapon balance.

Yeah, weapon balance right now is incredibad. I felt like it was really good in BC2, so I don't know why they didn't just base weapon damage on what they used in that game and adjust accordingly.

October 2, 2011 @ 03:18 PM
MrImFukNSleepN

63/8
Fuck wit me.

October 2, 2011 @ 04:10 PM
jaded

too bad stats aren't going to carry over smile

Please login first to reply.