What's The Last Movie That You've Seen?

March 27, 2007 @ 09:34:28

Also, I caught a not to subtle pro-George Bush pro-Iraq war agenda in this film that rubbed me the wrong way...Wasnt that subtle either. A noble man goes to the wise men (The U.N) and asks if he should go in the war the wise men reject it...but the noble man goes in it alone...under equpied...under manned...but morally upright...blah blah blah....it was eye roll enducing...
QUOTE]

I dont really see how thats pro Iraq war, its a different set of circumstances, the Persians were going to invade their kingdom and take over/destroy it, as they had been doingwith the others. He didnt want to end up like the other kings who had been conquered=killed. George Bush Invaded Iraq, they werent invading the US
March 27, 2007 @ 10:00:23

Inactive User

just saw the new marky mark movie it was pretty good
March 27, 2007 @ 12:24:33

Inactive User

I dont really see how thats pro Iraq war, its a different set of circumstances, the Persians were going to invade their kingdom and take over/destroy it, as they had been doingwith the others. He didnt want to end up like the other kings who had been conquered=killed. George Bush Invaded Iraq, they werent invading the US

And, Im not saying Im right. I'm saying what I got from the movie. People interpret different shit in different ways and thats the feeling Im getting. And, things can be similar or have a hidden message within it without being totally the same. Theres situations that coincide with the Iraq aituation in the movie to me but not every single moment. Besides, some of the justification that George Bush uses is that whole "we have to get them before they get us" mentality. In the film the Persians hadnt invaded yet the Spartans going to war was more or less a premptive strike ala the Iraq war. And, Im not gonna argue semantics because for something to have an agenda doesnt mean that every fact has to be exactly the same, even if i didnt get the whole invasion part out of it, the situation where he goes and talks to the older men who persuade him not to go, and them going totally under manned and under equpied is very analogous with the current war imo. And, Im not even sayin that this was the intention of the writer or the director, its just the vibe I got from it.
March 27, 2007 @ 13:17:24
IC....This guy that was in my group project for Management concepts was just notified he was going to have to leave three months earlier than before, so he had to withdraw from all of his classes and now weve only two group memebers. IT will be his third tour, and hies leaving behind his 4 year old daughter with his parents. I felt sorr for him
March 27, 2007 @ 13:21:26

Inactive User

Yeah, one thing I dont wanna dois get into a whole Iraw war disscussion though. Theres way to many personal feelings involved in it for me and some family members for me to disscuss it without being totally biased and emotional. Maybe thats why I caught that vibe from the film though.
March 27, 2007 @ 13:25:05
after this no more ?'s, JW Ru for the Iraq War?
March 27, 2007 @ 13:26:58

Inactive User

after this no more ?'s, JW Ru for the Iraq War?

I dont understand this question...can u state it in another way?
March 27, 2007 @ 13:29:19
after this question, nor more questions on the Iraq WAR, I was just Wondering if you are For the War in Iraw or against it
March 27, 2007 @ 13:31:31

Inactive User

against... from the begining...
March 30, 2007 @ 10:12:25
I just seen shooter. It wasnt bad. But it wasnt something spectacular. Id go watch it again only because its something to do.
March 30, 2007 @ 20:41:47

Inactive User

Saw 16 Blocks on cable.

It was ok...It got better as the movie went along although it was rather predictable and fit into the same mold as other movies in this genre. But i didnt mind because i was entertained. But I have to say....I like Mos Def as an actor but at first the way he protrayed his character was off putting. I couldnt figure out if he was playing a semi retarded character or just someone with a speech problem. Either way it was distracting at first and Im not sure why he chose to play the character that way but I got used to it before the movie ended.
March 31, 2007 @ 14:42:53
I saw Shooter too. Marky Mark is officially my favorite badass in movies. He was pretty hard in Four Brothers too.
March 31, 2007 @ 15:58:26
black snake moan
April 01, 2007 @ 22:43:37

Inactive User

Do The Right Thing

About the 1000th time I've seen it.

One of the best things but on film....ever
April 01, 2007 @ 22:58:04
Just got back from watching Hills have eyes part 2.....one word = GORY, FUNNY AND NASTY, ok 3 words|0 |0
April 02, 2007 @ 14:35:14
16 Blocks.......Good Movie
April 02, 2007 @ 20:03:05
KIDS.

Good movie.
April 03, 2007 @ 20:34:27

Inactive User

Back To The Future

..again

Classic!
April 03, 2007 @ 22:09:56
I'm watching the Pursuit of happiness right now.
April 03, 2007 @ 22:17:12

Inactive User

Has anyone noticed that the movies and entertainment section is having a bit of a renaissance? Due in part to my kick ass threads no doubt smokeyface
April 04, 2007 @ 00:17:52
300.....THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 05, 2007 @ 22:48:17

Inactive User

Broken Flowers

Bill Muarry put in another good understated performance But half of this movie is just plain dull. The other half is intresting and funny. B-
April 05, 2007 @ 23:04:59
Has anyone noticed that the movies and entertainment section is having a bit of a renaissance? Due in part to my kick ass threads no doubt smokeyface

yes, sub can rebuild a forum, he has the technology!

now sig this but delet this part.
April 06, 2007 @ 18:30:58
Do The Right Thing

About the 1000th time I've seen it.

One of the best things but on film....ever

true story, that flick is just timeless...

25th hour by Spike Lee

City Of God, seen it over and over again but it gets better everytime
April 08, 2007 @ 03:48:22
I watched Carlito's Way and School Daze today. Carlito's Way started off super good but it failed to follow through. By the end of the movie I was pacing around my house waiting for it to end. All in all, Super good concept but it just didn't have that "wow" factor like other Al Pacino films. School Daze wasn't what I was expecting at all but it was alright. I like Laurence Fishburne and Spike Lee, so I was able to watch through the cheesy musical bits.
April 08, 2007 @ 14:00:55
I saw Blades of Glory on friday, it was good
April 08, 2007 @ 19:35:55

Inactive User

Grindhouse

Awesome...
April 10, 2007 @ 21:06:44

Inactive User

Just watched Good Will Hunting (one of my fav movies) followed by The Good Shepard, which was a little dull IMO, and for people who don't already know at least a bit about the background of tCIA and stuff, you might be lost.
April 12, 2007 @ 15:43:04
300, it was crazy
April 12, 2007 @ 17:06:46
300, it was crazy

Yeah just saw that. Visually it was nice but the storyline was confusing.
Please login first to reply.
x