Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 22, 2014 @ 02:52 PM
Think People

Looking to invest in some better denim. Here's what I've had so far: started in Levi's of course, had some BBCs, currently own some Nudies and RRLs.

I'm not gonna pretend like I know anything about salvage denim and how the process works so some suggestions would be dope gods.

EDIT: not a total scrub with the jeans but looking to advance. Bless me with some suggestions. I like slim shit, fitting shit but not extra skinny.
March 23, 2014 @ 12:11 AM
oneallah

starting brand?

jcrew selvedge, apc, or affordable but great go with uniqlo selvedge
March 23, 2014 @ 03:15 AM
Think People

aight thanks man! another quick question, why does everybody size down?
March 23, 2014 @ 07:11 AM
feekz

some jeans stretch 1-2 sizes
March 23, 2014 @ 05:04 PM
oneallah

i dont, 
no lie on slim fit selvedge i size up
March 26, 2014 @ 10:47 AM
noobedloser

Depends on what you are willing to spend.
APC are vanity sized, so people size down on APCs, which a lot of people own here
most jeans you don't need to size down, which is a common misconception
read the measurements carefully and take note on unsanforized or sanforized for sizing
March 27, 2014 @ 02:34 AM
Think People

Ive spent 2+ on BBC jeans so i don't have a low budget if ima get something quality. with that being said, I do see that the majority does wear APC on this forum so that must be a safe place to start before i get into Japanese brands. I don't want anything preshrunk or super complicated. I just like the look of some people's jeans on here once they start to fade and break in.
March 27, 2014 @ 06:55 AM
mrh

APC petit standard and size down 1, that works out great for the majority of people.  if you got a store around that carries em, try em on and see where you wanna adjust from there 
March 27, 2014 @ 07:27 PM
Think People

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. 
i really appreciate it you guys cool
March 29, 2014 @ 05:26 AM
RiFF RaFF

depends on the budget and your physique homie.

for sub 200 i would go apc's

above 200 i would recommend momotaro, real japan blues, imperial,samurais, 3sixteen, etc.

realistically just research the fit and see if it fits you. i just picked up a pair of 3sixteens 30bsp and i couldn't be happier because they fit me well. but that might not be the same for you.

Be about it

March 29, 2014 @ 05:27 AM
RiFF RaFF

some websites to look on. 

context clothing,
blueingreen soho,
selfedge.

they post the fits and the measurements.

Be about it

May 5, 2014 @ 09:16 AM
paminta

I've found that wearing raw selvage denim without washing, the jeans tend to stretch out width-wise and eventually shrink length-wise after the first wash. So if you want a slimmer in the long run, you'd want the jeans to be pretty tight and a little on the long side. When I got my most recent pair I couldn't even get the top button closed, but after a few weeks they fit perfectly.

The general wisdom of sizing down is a bit misleading. Different brands size their jeans differently (a 3sixteen size 32 measures 33 at waist, whereas "true sizing" refers to a size being the same as its waist measurement), so the best thing to do is take your own measurements, or measure your best fitting jeans and check each brand's sizing table. Then get whichever size measures 1 or 2" below your actual waist size if you want your slim fit to stay slim.

If you're willing to pay $180-$250, I'd recommend you check out the selvage jeans at Nama Denim. These guys are still relatively small but that means they have the time to respond and answer any questions you have about fit or anything else. 

I think the lower prices are pretty covered... Naked and Famous for $140+, Unbranded $79+, Uniqlo for cheaper... At the lower ends you're just paying for the "selvage" name, but missing out on the quality stitching, heavier weight denim, higher quality fades from better indigo dye. 
May 5, 2014 @ 07:19 PM
yyliew

You should think about 3sixteen jeans. The denim quality is much better than a lot of other ones!
May 5, 2014 @ 07:20 PM
yyliew

and sizing down depends on the pair, follow the instructions for sizing!

Please login first to reply.