In association with the upcoming debut of Super Street Fighter IV by Capcom, the video game label has enlisted a group of artists to each offer their own visual interpretation of the game. Among the artists involved are 123Klan, Dalek, Futura, Cody Hudson and Grotesk. Super Street Fighter IV will release on April 27th, 2010 for both XBOX 360 and PS3.
Super Street Fighter® IV, the ultimate vision of Street Fighter®, will be coming to the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on April, 27 2010 in North America. The follow-up to the critically acclaimed Street Fighter® IV will further redefine the fighting game genre with classic 2D Street Fighter fighting action, a host of new and returning characters, beefed up online modes, new Ultra combos, new stages and more.
Super Street Fighter IV features the full roster of 25 characters from Street Fighter IV such as Ryu, Ken, Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus, while adding 10 new characters to the world of Street Fighter IV. The impressive new roster includes classic combatants from previous Street Fighter games like T. Hawk, DeeJay, Guy, Cody and Adon as well as all-new characters such as the mysterious and deadly female fighter, Juri.
Beyond characters, Super Street Fighter IV adds a selectable Ultra Combo system as well as major enhancements to the online and offline gameplay modes introduced in Street Fighter IV.
- Enhanced online play featuring new modes:
- Team Battles: Up to eight players can participate in 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, or 4 vs. 4 team elimination battles.
- Endless Battle: Up to eight players can participate in an endless elimination online match where the winner stays on and plays against the next player in true arcade fashion. Spectators can also chat with each other as they watch the match.
- Replay Channel: Players can view recorded matches and discuss the match while watching replays of great matches from players around the world.
- More classic Street Fighter characters re-imagined for a new generation of gamers, including favorites DeeJay, T Hawk, Guy, Cody and Adon.
- New challenger: mysterious female Juri is the first character in Street Fighter history to utilize the Tae Kwon Do style.
- Bonus Stages: Return of the classic car and barrel bonus stages made popular in Street Fighter II both available in arcade and challenge modes:
- Car stage: Annihilate the car with regular and special moves before the time runs out.
- Barrel stage: Players are given 20 barrels and must destroy as many as they can within the time limit.
- All playable SFIV characters will be unlocked out of the box.
- Gameplay has been rebalanced to provide challenges for both newcomers as well as the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.
- Traditional “2D” Street Fighter six-button gameplay.
Join Our Discussions on Discord
The HYPEBEAST Discord Server is a community where conversations on cultural topics can be taken further.