Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
September 20, 2008 @ 07:28 PM
kdiddy

I guess a few people here know whats up. Good shit, should be very informitive for the newbies.
September 21, 2008 @ 01:34 PM
Logikal Accord

Nutrition/Food Question:

Edit:

Switching things around. Mon/Wed looking like this:

Wake Up: 6:00
Eat Breakfast: 6:30
Workout: 7:30-9:15
Shake
Eat Snack 1: 9:30-9:40 (Fruit, Almonds)
Eat: Salad w/ Chicken – 3-4 Pieces (Tenderloins) 10:35-10:45
Class: 11-12:15
Eat Snack 2: Fruit, Almonds
Class:12:30-1:45

Class: 2-3:45

Trying to fit something into the bold spots to eat. Suggestions?
September 22, 2008 @ 12:59 AM
solejah

Eat clean
Drink plenty of water
Get your 8 hours of sleep

Hit the gym at least 3 days a week, and get a full body workout. Don't work the beach muscles and neglect everything else or you'll look like a light bulb.

Take in roughly 1g of protein per pound of body weight per day AT LEAST. Get your protein, carbs, and healthy fats from clean foods. Meats: Lean skinless chicken, lean skinless turkey, tuna, salmon, lean beef, deli meats; Carbs: Yams, oatmeal (non-instant), wheat pasta, wheat bread, beans; Fats: natural peanut butter, fish oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, fats from tuna and salmon, avocados.

Eat 5 to 7 times a day. Three meals a day rule is flawed. Your body treats digesting food as work, and it keeps your metabolism going throughout the day. Eat 5 to 7 small meals per day for optimal fat loss + lean muscle gain. Each meal should try to follow the 40/40/20 rule as close as possible, meaning each meal will contain 40 grams of protein, 40 grams of carbs, and 20 grams of HEALTHY fats.

My workout plan is:
Monday - Back & Biceps
Wednesday - Chest & Triceps
Saturday - Legs & Shoulders

After a workout take a post workout shake (mine is 50g whey protein + 50g dextrose (corn sugar)). Your muscles are starved for nutrients after a workout and this is the best thing you could give them. It is also the best time to take in this much sugar. The sugar triggers an insulin response that shuttles the protein into the muscles and helps them recover and build from the workout. Take the shake within 30 minutes of finishing your workout.

If you are just starting out with lifting, you should check out something like Rippetoe's Starting Strength guide. It's the best way for a beginner to add mass and make big gains in the shortest amount of time. Rippetoe does not follow the workout plan I've posted above, but it is a tried and true method of bodybuilding for beginners. Here is a great write-up + FAQ on it:
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

There's really not that much you could do at home for just a few minutes a day. You could buy some dumbbells and do curls for your biceps and you could do push-ups for your pecs, but that's only going to get you so far before you plateau. If you really want to build muscle, you have to hit the gym and you have to start lifting some serious weight.

Good luck!

This guy knows whats up. How old r u? If you are 21+ I recommend some supplements... such as USP Labs " Anabolic Pump " and USP Labs " Powerfull " . Heard these are CRAAAZY. If you are afraid to try such things, go to GNC or Max Muscle and get some Testosterone boosters and Some NO2.
September 22, 2008 @ 09:01 PM
kdiddy

Test boosters for the most part are gimmicks. Eating more EFAs and some green veggies will boost your testosterone naturally anyways. I'd stick to Creatine, BCAAs and preworkout NO(Superpump,Vasocharge and White Flood are some of the best I've tried).
September 23, 2008 @ 12:55 PM
solejah

sooo ur trying to say if u need some sort of PCT test boosts are gimmicks also? Ur right on the EFAs and green veggies. I've tested Arimatest and gained 7 lbs from it. Just being on that and post workout Whey protein.
September 23, 2008 @ 10:49 PM
kdiddy

Most people don't have a need for PCT unless they are using steroids or the like. That I really can't discuss, since I train naturally. I've never really needed to rely on things like that to gain lean mass, just exercise and proper nutrition. But hell, if they work for you, do what you do.
September 24, 2008 @ 10:31 PM
604_mike

Some good points in here and lots of garbage too. #1 thing you need to get through your head is bodybuilding (or getting fit) whatever you want to call it (i guess depends on your goals;) is 75-80 % nutritition, until you get your nutrition down it doesnt matter how much you spend at gnc, how many hours at the gym, or how many cc;s you stick in your ass you will not see the results until you get your nutrition down. And not everyone is the same, find out what works for you. Some guys drop cals and carbs to cut, i know other who up their caloric intake. It all depends on how your body reacts to it. Good luck, bodybuilding can change your life.
October 2, 2008 @ 06:55 PM
carnitas1

Alright so I'm 6'3" and about 150lbs, and I'm trying to bulk up. I eat healthly foods, and often (I have a solid diet), but my metabolism is fast enough that I can't really gain a lot of weight. Anyways I want to build up my muscle, but what with school starting and extracurriculars, I don't have the time to get to the gym every day. So I'm curious what the best muscle-building exercises are that I can do at home, and don't take all day. I'm mainly trying to build up my biceps and pecs. What do you guys recommend?

For a fast metabolism (ectomorph) EAT LIKE HELL! junk food is ok occasionally to help get those calories in. Also eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day. In your case 150g but I would go with 180-200g. As far as exercise....no FANCY machine sh1t!!! make heavy ass compound movements the foundation of your workout. By these I am refering to; bench presses, military presses, bent over rows, upright rows, chin ups, dips, squats, and deadlifts. Isolation exercises should supplement your workouts. also make sure to lift primarily free weights and keep the rep range around 6-8 for 4-5 sets at about 75-90% of your one rep max. To break it down; compound movements, heavy ass weight, low reps, moderate amount of sets 3-4 exercises per body part. Also if you are serious about adding mass NO CARDIO!!!!! Also look into a mild testosterone booster like ZMA to help you out. Also check out nutraplanet.com for deals on supplements STAY AWAY from GNC!! its overpriced!
October 2, 2008 @ 06:57 PM
carnitas1

Test boosters for the most part are gimmicks. Eating more EFAs and some green veggies will boost your testosterone naturally anyways. I'd stick to Creatine, BCAAs and preworkout NO(Superpump,Vasocharge and White Flood are some of the best I've tried).

IMO i find ZMA to be a cheap and effective no gimmicks test booster. Nothing like roids or PH's but it helps with sleep, recovery, and with agression in the gym.
October 8, 2008 @ 03:44 AM
WJTW

Lots of good points in here.

In order for your muscle to even grow stronger and bigger.. Make sure you switch up your work out routine after 1 month or so. Work out your muscles you normally don't do. That way you trigger every part of muscle group there is. Eat right and drink lots of water. Oh and make sure you get enough rest.
October 8, 2008 @ 02:18 PM
Calborn

And I can't stress that which was said several times already, which is GET YOUR REST.

Seriously.
I just recently learned from my mistakes of getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night, and until you get that into your head, you won't be seeing much, if any, progress.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

October 9, 2008 @ 12:37 AM
kdiddy

IMO i find ZMA to be a cheap and effective no gimmicks test booster. Nothing like roids or PH's but it helps with sleep, recovery, and with agression in the gym.

I tried it for about a month. The only thing it did for me was give me very vivid dreams. I usually don't even remember having dreams at all, but when I was on ZMA I had pretty lengthy dreams that I could remember in detail. I know, weird shit, but thats all it seemed to do for me.
October 10, 2008 @ 04:21 PM
badballa8

lift big to get big. eat like a maniac since you're so damn skinny. pretty simple stuff.
October 11, 2008 @ 05:54 PM
kmz

if you're trying to bulk, your main concern is upping your calorie intake... not eating clean lol also look at whey protein

and days when u cant hit the gym just do pushups.. nelly does 1500 pushup/situps a day :p
October 12, 2008 @ 06:46 PM
Brandon

^^Stupid.
October 12, 2008 @ 10:32 PM
kdiddy

if you're trying to bulk, your main concern is upping your calorie intake... not eating clean lol also look at whey protein

and days when u cant hit the gym just do pushups.. nelly does 1500 pushup/situps a day :p

Gaining a shit load of fat with your muscle is always a good look|0. Do up calories, but keep it clean if you want to gain nearly all lean muscle. It's impossible not to gain some fat while bulking, but just eating what you want to up your calorie intake is just dumb. I eat nearly the same things to bulk that I do to cut, just more with added carbs(low GI).
October 19, 2008 @ 01:21 PM
wiznerd1

lots of reps with a lighter weight helps build muscle along with supplements

Please login first to reply.