Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
December 15, 2008 @ 10:13 PM
dpc1192

Do any of you guys go here?

I'm a Junior in HS and I'm starting to think this might be the school for me.

Even if you've visited or know anyone who goes there let me know cause I'm not visiting till summer!

Thanks Alot
December 15, 2008 @ 10:23 PM
The Bean

you live in florida but want to go to the boondocks? how bout stay in fla. and go to uni. of fla?
December 15, 2008 @ 10:29 PM
dpc1192

I couldn't get in UF and I wanna do something different for college
December 15, 2008 @ 10:30 PM
The Bean

colorado is a hell hole.
December 15, 2008 @ 10:32 PM
!OhYesHeDid!

dude its a chill enviorment. its in the boondocks,but the city is cool. if you get with the right people you can smoke your lungs away.
December 15, 2008 @ 10:32 PM
nasirjones

colorado is a hell hole.

youre a fucking idiot.

dpc, youre also kind of an idiot if you couldnt get into florida in state...but cu boulder is a pretty good school academically and a fucking awesome school otherwise.
December 15, 2008 @ 10:35 PM
dpc1192

are you kidding me UF in state is literally impossible now..

my friend got into UChicago and Dartmouth and got rejected from UF last year.
December 15, 2008 @ 10:40 PM
The Bean

youre a fucking idiot.

dpc, youre also kind of an idiot if you couldnt get into florida in state...but cu boulder is a pretty good school academically and a fucking awesome school otherwise.

someone's in denial.suprised
December 15, 2008 @ 10:45 PM
internet

someone's in denial.suprised

You, sir, are a retarded person. Please leave this thread now or be prepared for a stern but fair flaming.
December 15, 2008 @ 10:47 PM
nasirjones

are you kidding me UF in state is literally impossible now..

my friend got into UChicago and Dartmouth and got rejected from UF last year.

srsly suprised? my bad then, but since when has uf been that selective?
December 15, 2008 @ 10:54 PM
dpc1192

well it's because so many florida students apply every year because it is free for everyone who gets in because of bright futures scholorship...

basically they look at your GPA and SAT and if you meet their standards then everything else, and my buddy had really good extracurriculars which got him into UChicago.
December 15, 2008 @ 11:00 PM
Mos GeOFF

i could swear there is a thread about HS and HS ppl asking about college but who knows...

but anyway i wouldnt go there i herd from a bunch of ppl that the school is a pile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBWmU_CXIYc
December 15, 2008 @ 11:06 PM
The Bean

You, sir, are a retarded person. Please leave this thread now or be prepared for a stern but fair flaming.

Wow, someone on a forum using the word stern! Congrats on being the first on hypebeast attempting to sound intelligent while hiding the fact that he really isn't via intraweb.|0

Go to Miami or UCF.
December 15, 2008 @ 11:18 PM
IamSean

I would not have come here if I didn't have a nice scholarship.

What I like about the school is that it has a really beautiful campus. The architectural style and mountainous backdrop is something that really anyone can appreciate. If you're looking to get involved in some winter sports this is obviously the place to be.

The atmosphere in Boulder is pretty laid back. The general attitude of Boulder is somewhere between apathetic and liberal and very marijuana friendly cool You'll find that about half the student body doesn't really give a shit about school so there are always plenty of parties.

Boulder is pretty gentrified so don't expect diversity if you come here. There are not a lot of authentic ethnic foods here, but overall food is pretty good around here.

Academically CU is middle of the road. Class sizes are huge for many core classes. I'm sure you'll end up in at least a few 300+ person classes. Our facilities are actually pretty good, but currently we're going through a funding problem so a lot of the facilities are underutilized. If you're a science major looking to get into research good luck.

As you're finishing school here you'll undoubtedly feel that Boulder is too small a place for you, but by then you will have had a good ride. Although a lot of things about CU frustrate me, I feel lucky to be here and to have met so many great people in Boulder.
December 15, 2008 @ 11:18 PM
internet

Wow, someone on a forum using the word stern! Congrats on being the first on hypebeast attempting to sound intelligent while hiding the fact that he really isn't via intraweb.|0

Go to Miami or UCF.

Your statement makes no sense which leads me to believe you're uneducated. The current topic deals with the subject of higher education. As of right now you can barely compile understandable sentences which leads me to believe you have no idea what you're talking about. Enjoy flippin' burgers at McDonald's.

Boulder is a cool school but there are schools with more prestige in your area.
December 15, 2008 @ 11:28 PM
Mos GeOFF

*looks for that one picture of MJ eating popcorn to symbolize my waiting for more ebeef to occur*

edit:

mission complete!
December 15, 2008 @ 11:30 PM
julian.

Probably because of the 80% acceptance rate.
as well as the 70,000$ a year tuition.
yum!

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

Please login first to reply.