300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
October 14, 2013 @ 10:28 PM
Jose Mourinho

I find it really annoying when I see/hear people arguing about politics and the President when they have no clue what they are talking about. The worst people are the ones who say "Obama sucks" or "Bush is the worst president ever" but give not one reason to back it up. 

Start at 0:43. The lady has no idea what she is talking about. First she goes off saying Bush "fucked our country all the way up" and then goes on to abortion. What? If you are going to be accusing someone like that, at least give some back up. Then she goes on about Romney and how he needs his ass whipped. Yet the only thing she says is stuff about abortion and how she wants to whip his ass. It is the idiots like these that need to stay home instead of talking about a subject that they know nothing of and just hear what other clueless idiots say.

TL;DR

The lady in the first video is a clueless idiot.

October 14, 2013 @ 10:37 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

who gives a fuck about politics lmfao its all dumbshit.
October 14, 2013 @ 10:40 PM
Pantic

People don't need to know everything about politics, theres nothing wrong with someone only caring about certain aspects that is relevant to their life. 
October 14, 2013 @ 10:41 PM
Jose Mourinho

Everybody should care a bit. I don't know how old you are, but assuming you are a college student, there are plans that could affect you in the long run. 
October 14, 2013 @ 10:41 PM
Ruthless

Lol at singling out Obama supporters, there are ignorant supporters of every candidate 

Let me see those downvotes

October 14, 2013 @ 10:42 PM
Jose Mourinho

People don't need to know everything about politics, theres nothing wrong with someone only caring about certain aspects that is relevant to their life. 
I say that if one is going to go out and degrade a politician to the ground, at least give good reason on why you have the hate rather than very vague answers like, "he fucked our country up."
October 14, 2013 @ 10:43 PM
Jose Mourinho

Lol at singling out Obama supporters, there are ignorant supporters of every candidate 
I didn't mean to just point out Obama supporters. I just chose that one because it was in the related videos and thought it was funny.
October 14, 2013 @ 10:46 PM
Captain Al

Everybody should care a bit. I don't know how old you are, but assuming you are a college student, there are plans that could affect you in the long run. 
again, who cares?

what is your post about? you're not promoting shit.

a lib-baby can get 100s of videos of conservashits saying dumb things too.

this is what american democracy is buddy. everybody is an idiot. you expect people to be in-tune with what affects them?

it doesn't matter.

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

October 14, 2013 @ 10:46 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

shut up cac its not your land go back to england
October 14, 2013 @ 10:52 PM
Trill O'Reilly

I'd like to invite you, Jose, on my show tonight to have you share more about how you feel. In the words of my good friend, Cam'ron, it seems like "you mad."

-The Trill O'Reilly Factor
October 14, 2013 @ 10:54 PM
cherry_rum

bro no one goes onto hypebeast forums to talk politics
October 14, 2013 @ 10:57 PM
Ruthless

I didn't mean to just point out Obama supporters. I just chose that one because it was in the related videos and thought it was funny.
oh okay. I hate when people single out bush supporters too like hes the only one with stupid fans.

Let me see those downvotes

October 14, 2013 @ 11:05 PM
ATLchop

I love politics. I've interned on campaigns and am studying it in college right now with the intention of working in the field in the future. 

It's sad but American political thought has devolved into these videos you posted. Critical thinking in America has devolved as a whole, but that's another topic for another day. 

From my personal experience there are four types of people in American politics. You have your people who swear they know what they're talking about but when you press them on details they turn into the people in your videos, you have people who don't give a fuck about politics and aren't afraid to say it, you have your people who gather all of their information from a major news source (MSNBC, CNN, Fox, Huf-Post, etc.) and use that biased info alone to form their talking points and ideology, and you have your people who gather info from a variety of sources, critically analyze it, and structure their ideology based off of their findings. The latter only makes up ~5% of the total population. 

It's no wonder why Washington is so fucked.95% of the population isn't capable of thinking independently and forming their own ideology. Again, my numbers are arbitrary and are based solely on my experiences. 

The founding fathers were elitists and believed only the political elite should partake in politics. Originally they didn't want the 'commoners' voting or having a say because they knew it'd lead to what we're going through right now, but somewhere along the way in early American history voting expanded and those commoners were making decisions. Not directly (the FF knew better than to let them directly influence policy), but indirectly with representatives (which is why America is not a democracy, it's a republic for those who didn't know). Back in the day the reps were at least halfway decent (if you were a white, christian, male) and were decent policy makers. Nowadays our reps are just as shitty as our electorate. The American political system is broken beyond all means of fixing. Politics is the business of business and there's too much money and too many private interests in play to be an honest politician today. I was 16 when Obama was elected, he gave me hope, he inspired me to get into politics and make a difference, which is pretty ironic because he actually has done the opposite and his presidency has been the biggest disappointment of my lifetime so far. 

We should turn this into a general politics thread. What do y'all know and think about the whole government shutdown/debt ceiling fiasco we're going through right now?
October 14, 2013 @ 11:12 PM
We Outchea

All I know is that this government shutdown hasn't prevented me from coppin da 'preme.
October 14, 2013 @ 11:13 PM
legendlikenas

Its fucked up and the only bright thing I can imagine on the horizon is it ruining the GOP's reputation for years afterward. Or at least the teabaggers.

Just the fact that they passed a rule to prevent anybody but Eric Cantor ending the shutdown demonstrates their level of fuckery.

I agree with a lot of what you said but I do believe that it is possible to unfuck our political system. I think changing our elections is the way to go. That and campaign finance reform. The current system strongly upholds a two party political climate. With something more like Britain's system, where it is not a winner-take-all, we could have more than two parties and thus better represent the populace. 
October 14, 2013 @ 11:15 PM
backlikethat

^ its not that 90% of the population isnt capable of critical thinking... its that 90% of the population just dont give a shit

im a history major so I know a good amount....

with that said, all im gonna say is that our political system is just ran by businesses and corporations.

/thread
October 14, 2013 @ 11:33 PM
ATLchop

Its fucked up and the only bright thing I can imagine on the horizon is it ruining the GOP's reputation for years afterward. Or at least the teabaggers.

Just the fact that they passed a rule to prevent anybody but Eric Cantor ending the shutdown demonstrates their level of fuckery.

I agree with a lot of what you said but I do believe that it is possible to unfuck our political system. I think changing our elections is the way to go. That and campaign finance reform. The current system strongly upholds a two party political climate. With something more like Britain's system, where it is not a winner-take-all, we could have more than two parties and thus better represent the populace. 
You say that like their reputation isn't already ruined. They haven't won the popular vote in a presidential election since the original George Bush won in 88. They were CRUSHED in 2012. Obama might have been the weakest candidate running for reelection ever and they still couldn't find a candidate to beat him. Obama had ZERO accomplishments to run on. He ordered the Bin Laden hit...cool, but that's not a major domestic policy. His only major domestic policy he could run on was Obamacare which the majority of the country hates.  Their entire primary race was a disgrace to the nation. I watched it and thought are Rick Perry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEhH2R42Ar8), Michele Bachmann (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2S7wHzswnw), and Herman Cain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwawPMSJins) the best this nation can come up with on the conservative ticket? Unless the Dems fuck up massively I can't see them losing another presidential election ever again to the current Republican Party. 

I used to be optimistic like you and think that it was possible to unfuck the system, but then I really sat down and thought about it. Do you think congressmen who make MILLIONS in campaign contributions from private donors will really regulate themselves and say "alright, no more money for us and our campaigns."? And even if those congressmen did decide to regulate themselves, do you not think the multi-billion dollar lobbying industry, corporations, and influential, political billionaires would allow it to happen? Money is power in American politics, and you can't expect the people with the money to give up their power freely. So how do you make congressmen whose jobs depend on these donations, and corporations whose bottom lines depend on congressional policy, take their money out of a system they already control? You really can't without some type of violent rebellion. 

The 2 party system is fucked up also, but how can you change it? Do you think these corporations and lobbies would give money to political parties who actually want to represent the common man's interests instead of their own? In American politics whoever has the most money wins....it's plain and simple. In 2008 the candidate with the most money won 93% of house races and 94% of senate races. The system is broken man, you can't fix it unless you destroy it....and goodluck with that, 
October 14, 2013 @ 11:34 PM
ATLchop

^ its not that 90% of the population isnt capable of critical thinking... its that 90% of the population just dont give a shit

with that said, all im gonna say is that our political system is just ran by businesses and corporations.

/thread
If you could critically think you'd understand how important politics is to our society....therefore making you give a shit about it. good try tho. 
October 14, 2013 @ 11:39 PM
backlikethat

/thread
If you could critically think you'd understand how important politics is to our society....therefore making you give a shit about it. good try tho. 

I act. thought you were smart but just by that comment i know you're prob just some dumb shit/bigot who refuse to see other views. capable of critical thinking =/= interest

just quiet down. I know a bunch of idiots like you who think they know some shit. take off that mask nigga
October 14, 2013 @ 11:45 PM
ATLchop

/thread

I act. thought you were smart but just by that comment i know you're prob just some dumb shit/bigot who refuse to see other views. capable of critical thinking =/= interest

just quiet down. I know a bunch of idiots like you who think they know some shit. take off that mask nigga
You have to think about something in order to act on it my dude. I don't know a lot, I don't think I know everything, I'm just sharing my experiences with the world. You're coming in here as the contrarian without a cause.....

How can you assume I'm a bigot (which is hilarious by the way) because I disagree with your opinion? I poked holes in your logic and now you're attacking me because of it. Shit's weak really. 
October 14, 2013 @ 11:51 PM
oneallah

i do,
i studied history with a passion in  jhs, high school and college
plus i love the daily show with john stewart
October 15, 2013 @ 12:24 AM
REVS

I remember I was talking to a co-worker the day after the election, and she asked me if I voted, which I said no, to which a customer decided to make the comment "Thanks a lot buddy, you really fucked us over on that one." As if I were the swing vote to the entire election.

I've never voted, not only because I don't really care one way or the other, but also because I don't follow politics, I didn't know much about the candidates policies or views on current topics and never really looked into it, so I didn't. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

October 15, 2013 @ 05:30 AM
legendlikenas

It isn't that I am optimistic and in denial of the fact that it isn't going to happen, I just said that it is possible. It is highly improbable, but it could feasibly be done. It would take essentially an Arab Spring type of event to happen but it could. I would settle for campaign finance reform.

And when I said ruin their reputation, I wasn't talking about them losing more votes, I was speaking in terms of credibility with those who feel that the GOP represents them better than the Dems. They may lose in popular votes in the presidential elections, but I want to see them lose people not from the moderates who are on the fence, but from people who are fiscally conservative but not pig headed enough to think this shutdown BS is acceptable. Besides, the President is an important position, but I would honestly rather have the legislative branch than the executive.

A big facet of this thread should be the fact that Congress technically can more easily and directly affect your life than the President. Unless the Prez manages to be highly effective and coordinate well with Congress, which is in my opinion the most important criterion for a successful exec.

Also I agree that the apathy of the voters is a big factor. Not everybody votes in a presidential election, let alone a congressional one. People also suffer from delusions that the President is the entire government and neglect the Congress. Probably cause it is easier to blame or credit one person than 535.
October 15, 2013 @ 05:36 AM
SonOfRise

I'm with revs on this.
Politics are not my thing.
Honestly I don't think our votes matter anyway. Electoral college is what really matters. If we went by what the "Us" people truly voted for we would probably have a dog in office or something because they think it's funny or cool.
I'm turning 18 this year and honestly I don't ever plan on voting ever. If anything I'll sell my vote. Ask some one for like 50 bucks and vote who they want.

Zooey Deschanel is waifu

October 15, 2013 @ 06:01 AM
It's Only Hype

yeah i know it's long but it's pretty interesting

Please login first to reply.