Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 25, 2013 @ 02:31 AM
Panther.

black people are bringing themselves down, despite them blaming everything on the "rich white folk".

black people love to be offended and play the race card every chance they get.

Native Americans had it just as (or almost as) bad as blacks and they don't complain 1/10th as much as blacks do.
1. Poor people blame the "rich white folk" because the "rich white folk" are the people who are bringing them down, and destroying their opportunities to find success and better their lives. 

2. Yea, because being discriminated due to your race in the 21st cent. is just a chip on the shoulder. We should all stop talking about it. (hint: don't tell people that they're playing the blame game when you can't see their POV, then again you have that privilege)

3. Do you know how stupid that sounds? 1st off, you can compare a group of people's struggle. Secondly, do you pay attention to ANY PoC?

stfu 
Shut the fuck up. There are discriminatory programs set in place now that are meant to increase opportunities of minorities in school and and the work place too. Schools are required to meet a certain quota of each ethnicity in their enrollment, I have friends that got rejected from Stanford with 3.87 unweighted GPAs, 33 ACT, and a ~2300 SAT, but a black kid in one of my classes with a 3.6 unweighted, 30 ACT and ~2100 SAT got in. He got rejected because they had to meet a certain quota of minority students enrolled, and happened to a white kid while the other was black and was necessary to meet a quota.

If you really expect discrimination to end and there to be "equality" you're an idiot. Until equal opportunity employment and similar programs are ended, there's no such thing as equality. But if those were ended and the more qualified white guy got a job over a black guy, you already know they'd be screaming racism.

But comparing struggles is dumb, I agree.

tl;dr: Discrimination happens in all forms at all levels and will continue to happen until things change, and they won't. That being said, I'm not racist in any way, I don't really care if you're black, white, indian, asian, or whatever, if I can get ahead I'm gonna do it, regardless of if it ruins any of your opportunities.
That whole quota shit is actually false. Your friend didn't get in because there was other white students with higher gpa's and act scores. Or the legacy students that got in because their parents gave millions in donations. School admissions don't have a quota for a race they have to meet it is more like we want the most qualified of all races and the numbers look different for poc because the hardships they have dealt with and difference of experiences they bring to the school is valued.
If those programs were ended you will see whites being admitted and getting promotions for "fitting in well" or "having potential" which is a kind way of saying not being black. 

Nice try dumbass, but that "quota shit" is actually true. There are books on this shit. Pick one up and read one? Cause I already have. Affirmative action is bullshit; if you want to bring in people who have gone through hardships, then take people from poor neighborhoods with lesser stats. Lmao my boy going to MIT who is Hispanic said affirmative action is bullshit and he wouldn't have gotten in without it and he also feels bad for taking a more qualified Asian/white person's spot.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

June 25, 2013 @ 02:33 AM
Captain Al

How are white rich fold bringing black people down? Last time I checked, the richest man in the world wasn't even white, it's a Mexican't. I've met several rich black people, incredibly rich black people. If you are going to get yourself down on life because rich white people are ruining your opportunity (where the fuck did you even get this sack of shit piece of information? For fuck sake you could google this and get a smarter reply) then you obviously have a piece of shit personality willing to let yourself fail for little.

The bottom line is, everyone needs to act the fuck up and try and blame someone for their own downfall when it's actually their own fault. I don't care if you were born rich or poor, don't make a fucking excuse by blaming someone else for your problems, step your fucking game up and do something about it, not whine and moan and sit in your own piss.
You have no idea what you're saying. I'm not going to work up the energy. If you seriously need to know how the wealthy are screwing over the poor, you're not only ignorant, you're just flat out stupid. 

Read a book, and grow up.

That last paragraph was so fucking stupid, my friend. You have totally missed the whole point of life. Even people who would argue against me, would see your ideology as flat out stupid.

(honestly cannot believe I read that)

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com

June 25, 2013 @ 02:40 AM
Captain Al

Actually all schools, regardless of the demographic in their area, do have very similar percentages of minorities required to achieve that title, based upon their total enrollment. And what privilege does a white person have over a black person in applying to colleges. You choose how you do in school, everyone (bar the mentally challenged) has the capacity to get A's in school if they want to put the work to actually know it. And you're delusional if you think grades and test scores don't matter when it comes to college, good grades get scholarships (which some are only for black people) and scholarships allow you to go to college if you don't have the money. There's no rule that only a certain amount of black people can apply to colleges, therefore there's no advantage in the actually process of applying for any ethnicity, only advantage in their selection. 

And yeah it's cynical but until the world comes to the point where everyone can be equal and differences are ignored, there will always be discrimination.
1st off, I never said grades and test scores don't matter. I said they're irrelevent when comparing between two students eligibility for the same college... And when did I ever talk about a "rule" that restricts black people from applying to college? (Do you know WHY less blacks go to college?

All in all, whites have the advantage when considering college. (I'm not talking about the college's selection of individuals). Whites have the best education, social, and financial opportunities pre-college, therefore, they will post-college. Don't assume I'm saying ALL whites do, but a VERY LARGE majority of them do. That's the privilege whites will hold not only when considering education, but through out their whole life.

P.S. Blacks aren't the only people who "complain" about their "disadvantages".

June 25, 2013 @ 02:44 AM
zzzboy

-chinese people are absolutely ruthless and only care about themselves basically

-black people are kinda bad at science

-most women are dumb and make it up with hard work

-a lot of nerdy, fat, fobby indian people smell (i am indian)

-white people are usually closet bigots
June 25, 2013 @ 02:54 AM
blackice445

When you have racist thoughts about all races then you know you're not racist. 
June 25, 2013 @ 03:03 AM
shnoosetheboose

Actually all schools, regardless of the demographic in their area, do have very similar percentages of minorities required to achieve that title, based upon their total enrollment. And what privilege does a white person have over a black person in applying to colleges. You choose how you do in school, everyone (bar the mentally challenged) has the capacity to get A's in school if they want to put the work to actually know it. And you're delusional if you think grades and test scores don't matter when it comes to college, good grades get scholarships (which some are only for black people) and scholarships allow you to go to college if you don't have the money. There's no rule that only a certain amount of black people can apply to colleges, therefore there's no advantage in the actually process of applying for any ethnicity, only advantage in their selection. 

And yeah it's cynical but until the world comes to the point where everyone can be equal and differences are ignored, there will always be discrimination.
1st off, I never said grades and test scores don't matter. I said they're irrelevent when comparing between two students eligibility for the same college... And when did I ever talk about a "rule" that restricts black people from applying to college? (Do you know WHY less blacks go to college?

All in all, whites have the advantage when considering college. (I'm not talking about the college's selection of individuals). Whites have the best education, social, and financial opportunities pre-college, therefore, they will post-college. Don't assume I'm saying ALL whites do, but a VERY LARGE majority of them do. That's the privilege whites will hold not only when considering education, but through out their whole life.

P.S. Blacks aren't the only people who "complain" about their "disadvantages".
Grades are what make you eligible for the college, so if you're comparing 2 people of the exact same backgrounds, the one with better grades and test scores will always be selected.

"Whites are applying into these colleges at a higher rate than PoC, and it's not because PoC are any less intelligent... it's becuase they don't have the privilege that their white counterparts do."

That's exactly what you said. Tell me what privilege a white person has over a black person to apply to college.

And stop preaching about how being brought up with better financial and educational leads to better opportunities. Black, hispanic, asian, white, indian, and people of every ethnicity belong to the middle class. You know your financial situation, if you want to go to college and don't have the money to, you bust your ass and work for the scholarships. Every student gets a textbook for the class they're taking. Maybe white people have better teachers because they are generally in "better" areas, but every student is given a textbook for their classes, therefore every student has the materials needed to learn and master their class. If you truly want to go to college and you're a black kid in Chi who won't be able to afford it, bust your ass and get the grades that will let you go to college, don't bitch about the people who can afford it without scholarships. You choose the direction you want your future to go and what influences you, not the rich white kid.
June 25, 2013 @ 03:22 AM
Captain Al

Grades are what make you eligible for the college, so if you're comparing 2 people of the exact same backgrounds, the one with better grades and test scores will always be selected.

"Whites are applying into these colleges at a higher rate than PoC, and it's not because PoC are any less intelligent... it's becuase they don't have the privilege that their white counterparts do."

That's exactly what you said. Tell me what privilege a white person has over a black person to apply to college.

And stop preaching about how being brought up with better financial and educational leads to better opportunities. Black, hispanic, asian, white, indian, and people of every ethnicity belong to the middle class. You know your financial situation, if you want to go to college and don't have the money to, you bust your ass and work for the scholarships. Every student gets a textbook for the class they're taking. Maybe white people have better teachers because they are generally in "better" areas, but every student is given a textbook for their classes, therefore every student has the materials needed to learn and master their class. If you truly want to go to college and you're a black kid in Chi who won't be able to afford it, bust your ass and get the grades that will let you go to college, don't bitch about the people who can afford it without scholarships. You choose the direction you want your future to go and what influences you, not the rich white kid.

Again, grades are not the only essential think one needs to go to college. No matter how much you argue that, I'm right... lol.

"Tell me what privilege a white person has over a black person to apply to college"
see:

________

I hope you know by know that the "American Dream" isn't a real thing. While being subjective, it's practically impossible for many people in the U.S to achieve it. 
The quality of education whites (wealthy people) receive surpass (by far) the education the PoC (poor people) get. It's not "maybe" they get better teachers, they do. They also get the better textbooks... (when my school gets new textbooks they literally hand down their old textbooks to the more urban schools). Whites live in a community that is a lot more wealthier, therefore their quality of life is better than those who are poor. So what can we get from that? If you're education is better, and your community is better, than we can conclude that your social life will be better, yes? Compared to blacks, whites don't experience as much gang, and domestic violence.

It's a never ending chain, man. You grow up in a poor, negative neighborhood that is ridden with violence, it's your fate to be influenced by what's around you. Yes, individuals are different, but the lifestyle poor people live by is like a parasite. They don't have the education to better themselves...

You can't tell somebody they "choose" their direction when the people on the top are kicking them from the ladder. 
You can't tell somebody they "choose" their direction when the people on their level of the ladder are pulling them down.

June 25, 2013 @ 03:22 AM
outhere

Us black people are generally put at a disadvantage in life. You're ignorant to say otherwise. There's no one to blame but ourselves if we succeed or not. I'm going into Sdsu as a freshman this upcoming August, and I know people that aren't black that have better grades / sat scores than me get denied. I feel that the quota system or affirmative action helps minorities because we are naturally put at a disadvantage compared to white people due to segregation and it takes time to recover.
June 25, 2013 @ 03:27 AM
cunt

shut up nigger

edit: to captain al
June 25, 2013 @ 03:28 AM
oneallah

i have no problems with anyone, no seriously i dont no bullshit
just against people who hate muslims because they cant use half there brains
June 25, 2013 @ 03:30 AM
Captain Al

shut up nigger

edit: to captain al
yea create another account to say that

don't get bodied.

June 25, 2013 @ 03:31 AM
outhere

Lol at people who say racist comments behind a computer screen but in real life are too pussy
June 25, 2013 @ 03:32 AM
shnoosetheboose

I'm not talking about the American Dream. I'm talking about giving a fuck about your education. Old text books are still text books, the new editions of most textbooks only change practice problems or expand on different related subjects, and the teachers definitely won't go outside of what is covered in the text book. And everyone has the internet, in this day and age where all information is available with just a search engine, you can learn anything. Hell even Yale, Princeton, Standford, and many other universities put their entire class material for many classes out for free on the internet, including notes, videos, and assignments. If you want to learn you can do it.

Gang violence is your choice. Obviously if you're surrounded in it, you're predisposed to have a higher likelihood to include yourself in gangs and all that shit, but that's your own choice. Just like it's your choice to work your ass off to get good grades in school.

No one is kicking from the top of the ladder or pulling you down, some peoples ladders are just higher than others depending where they are raised. And by that I mean the more you have to face, e.g. shitty schools, bad neighborhoods, less than desirable financial situation, you can always get your education and therefore always have a chance to make it in life. 
June 25, 2013 @ 03:32 AM
blackice445

Fuck that give us niggas the affirmative action. It's the least whiteys can do for us. Taking African American History 1 and 2 completely opened my eyes to how much slavery and the past oppression of the white man has fucked black people over so much. The efffects of slavery are still prominent in black communities today. Basically all problems in the black community can be traced back to slavery. 
June 25, 2013 @ 03:33 AM
PaydPal

I think the human race is fucked as a whole, so focusing on one group is like trying to separate sand at the beach.

"Real people ain't perfect. Perfect people ain't real."

June 25, 2013 @ 03:41 AM
shnoosetheboose

I'm done debating on here, so I'll just state my point:

If you want to learn, you have the ability to learn, you have the materials given to you in order learn (which are given to everyone), then you can create the opportunity to make a good living. In this time, if you don't have a college education, you aren't getting a very good job. Affirmative Action gives minorities (excluding Asians) better opportunities to get better jobs and obtain a higher education. If take advantage of those opportunities then you shouldn't be bitching about how the rich kid is in the same place you are with less work, you should be happy you were able to overcome the advantages they had over you and be in the same place.
June 25, 2013 @ 03:44 AM
blackice445

If you want to learn, you have the ability to learn, you have the materials given to you in order learn (which are given to everyone), then you can create the opportunity to make a good living. In this time, if you don't have a college education, you aren't getting a very good job. Affirmative Action gives minorities (excluding Asians) better opportunities to get better jobs and obtain a higher education. If take advantage of those opportunities then you shouldn't be bitching about how the rich kid is in the same place you are with less work, you should be happy you were able to overcome the advantages they had over you and be in the same place.
I agree with you on your last sentence. 
June 25, 2013 @ 03:49 AM
Captain Al

Fuck that give us niggas the affirmative action. It's the least whiteys can do for us. Taking African American History 1 and 2 completely opened my eyes to how much slavery and the past oppression of the white man has fucked black people over so much. The efffects of slavery are still prominent in black communities today. Basically all problems in the black community can be traced back to slavery. 
you ever read "Slavery By Another Name"?
There's a short documentary about it too, I think.

I'm not talking about the American Dream. I'm talking about giving a fuck about your education. Old text books are still text books, the new editions of most textbooks only change practice problems or expand on different related subjects, and the teachers definitely won't go outside of what is covered in the text book. And everyone has the internet, in this day and age where all information is available with just a search engine, you can learn anything. Hell even Yale, Princeton, Standford, and many other universities put their entire class material for many classes out for free on the internet, including notes, videos, and assignments. If you want to learn you can do it.

Gang violence is your choice. Obviously if you're surrounded in it, you're predisposed to have a higher likelihood to include yourself in gangs and all that shit, but that's your own choice. Just like it's your choice to work your ass off to get good grades in school.

No one is kicking from the top of the ladder or pulling you down, some peoples ladders are just higher than others depending where they are raised. And by that I mean the more you have to face, e.g. shitty schools, bad neighborhoods, less than desirable financial situation, you can always get your education and therefore always have a chance to make it in life. 
That's totally true, and I'm not denying that.

You seriously do not understand how these factors affect groups and individuals. The American Dream is literally getting that education (that is not accessible to all) to succeed in life.
Seems that poor (PoC) are the only people with shoes that don't fit on others feet.

My whole family came from West African less than 20 years ago. I was and am extremely privileged to be born into a family that has money. My mother and father were educated. They came into this country with plenty, which influenced us a lot. If not for that, this country would be hell for us.

I've been to several countries in Africa, several countries in the Middle East, and China. I've seen poverty. You cannot compare it to the poverty in the U.S, but it's the same idea. Yet regardless of that, many poor people in the U.S have as much opportunity as those who are poor in the 3rd world countries when it comes to raising to the top and achieving success.

You seriously do not understand. Put your shoes in other people's feet.

June 25, 2013 @ 03:51 AM
Captain Al

If you want to learn, you have the ability to learn.
Sounds good.

June 25, 2013 @ 04:03 AM
shnoosetheboose

You piss me off honestly. You don't actually read anything I say, you just go on and on about how being poor means you're stuck being poor. You aren't poor, so you can't tell me about all that you know about being poor and that you're stuck absolutely because you're poor. I have a single mom and lived in a 2 bedroom apartment for most of my life. And she is a real estate agent during a recession. I didn't and still don't have as much money as most people do. I wasn't given great education through my whole life, but I'm in college on scholarship doin my thing because that's what I had to do to be there.
June 25, 2013 @ 04:11 AM
PaydPal

I have a single mom and lived in a 2 bedroom apartment for most of my life.

Not really hard times bruh.

June 25, 2013 @ 04:12 AM
shnoosetheboose

I'm not complaining about my "hard times", I'm saying there's people who had a lot more than I did growing up but you don't see me complaining about my situation.
June 25, 2013 @ 04:20 AM
offensive-commenter

niggers and blacks are two different races. niggers are terrible. nothing wrong with blacks.
June 25, 2013 @ 04:26 AM
PaydPal

I'm not complaining about my "hard times", I'm saying there's people who had a lot more than I did growing up but you don't see me complaining about my situation.
Yeah but that's because your situation isn't that bad.
I'm not saying you had no struggle because I don't know you. But you had a 2 bedroom with a functional mother/role model. Hence it's easier preaching "stop complaining" because you have not been placed in a complete shit situation
as far as having to struggle as hard as many who do complain. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

June 25, 2013 @ 04:31 AM
shnoosetheboose

I know it isn't that bad. And yeah it is easier for me to preach it when I'm not in an awful situation, but the reason I'm not in an awful situation is because I worked hard in school and am able to pay off all of my school and then some with Grants and Scholarships. If I didn't work as hard as I did, I wouldn't be in school right now and who knows where I'd be if I wasn't in school. I'm just saying it is possible to do what you want regardless of your situation if you truly want to be there and make the necessary effort.
June 25, 2013 @ 04:32 AM
Captain Al

Yes, because you are the epitome of poverty. And everybody should live like you.

Dead.
I actually thought you were serious.

What haven't I listened to? You're the on not listening.

June 25, 2013 @ 04:35 AM
Virunga

Native Americans had it just as (or almost as) bad as blacks and they don't complain 1/10th as much as blacks do.
Um, come to Canada, bruh. They _never_ stop talking about it. Integrate already, it's been hundreds of years. #foh
Um no everyone else should integrate into native culture it was there home that was pillaged and stolen how dare u tell them to conform to there genocidal oppressors norms.

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

June 25, 2013 @ 04:40 AM
Captain Al

Hell, I live in a 6 bedroom house, my parents are toghter. My mom runs a buisness, and my dad is a doctor at a state hospital. I live in a wealthy suburb. I go to one of the best school in my state.
I realize I'm privileged. I'll most likely go to a great college, w/o even trying too hard. And if I fail at that, I have my family to rely on.

I know how my social status will influence my future and present. I'm not going around telling people that "it's easy to get here" "anybody can do it" "all you need is hard work", etc.
I was born into it, and I'm lucky

June 25, 2013 @ 04:46 AM
shnoosetheboose

Yes, because you are the epitome of poverty. And everybody should live like you.

Dead.

I actually thought you were serious.

What haven't I listened to? You're the on not listening.
You don't listen to shit. I say you make your opportunities, you say but you're poor so you have none, I say you make them by getting an education, you say you're poor and don't have the opportunity to get a good one, I say if you work hard enough in school and want to go to college you can if you get good grades and work hard for scholarships, you say you're poor so you can't give yourself an education. You're just another one of those black guys who complain about inequality in social classes, and then contest that things will never change when people say you can make it out of your class. You talk about poverty like you know everything about it because you've witnessed it in other countries, then tell me to put myself in their shoes? You haven't even put yourself in their shoes, you have money and tell me what it's like to be poor and how the poor can't get out of being poor by getting an education.

I never said it was easy to get where you want to be, otherwise everyone would be in college and have great educations. That's why I said you have to work hard or you won't make it.
June 25, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
jamesjebbia

All races have their scum bags. 

Please login first to reply.