January 5, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
clutchin.

^Same. LOLOLOLO...
January 5, 2010 @ 01:32 PM
Marky Mark

I always tip. Even if the service is bad, I'll leave an incredibly low tip, like $0.25. It's more insulting and lets the waiter know better that you didn't appreciate the service rather than leaving nothing at all.
January 5, 2010 @ 01:42 PM
erico223

I push carts at a supermarket and help people with their bags.. people always toss me a couple bucks for the help lol.. thats the only reason i like my job

but i hateeeeeeee when motherfuckers ASK for tips..specially the delivery guys..like wtf..sometimes they dont give me back my change becuase its a "TIP" gtfoh lol
January 5, 2010 @ 01:46 PM
Jirugi

I always tip. Even if the service is bad, I'll leave an incredibly low tip, like $0.25. It's more insulting and lets the waiter know better that you didn't appreciate the service rather than leaving nothing at all.

Lol whats the point of a $.25 tip? I'd be more insulted for that. Sounds like something somebody would do for the lulz

“There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; and those that come in by the window.”

January 5, 2010 @ 02:18 PM
STI Guy

who gives a fuck about societies "norms". I just don't understand the concept of giving a fucking asshole waiting tables my money for doing the job he/she was hired to do. WAIT on me.

here's why

wow just tip. it's just a tradition that's been practiced since forever. this is like asking if you should get gifts for christmas or not since you give a shit about the meaning of it.

im sure you blindly celebrate the tradition of christmas like 90% of this world. so why think so much about tipping?
January 5, 2010 @ 02:26 PM
young idiot

^ because you don't give gifts to strangers? because it's not in your family's "job description" to be your family, and they don't require tipping because it's not on top of any other payment? a million other reasons?
January 5, 2010 @ 02:34 PM
STI Guy

is gifting one dollar harder than gifting someone a tv? gifting on christmas is surely not required. if you were to truly celebrate xmas you would be in church doing something. but you missed the point. why is it so hard to follow a simpler and cheaper tradition, but easily follow another tradition that's expensive and complex? cause these two traditions have the very basic concepts that are similar. gifting.
January 5, 2010 @ 02:46 PM
young idiot

But one is to someone you know, like buying your brother a boxset -- it's not giving some guy $20 or whatever because he was really polite or whatever. They're not homeless, they're just doing their job.

It's a principles thing, though. Like that other guy said how in his -- or another -- country, it'd be insulting to just give someone money even though they were already doing their job. It's not about the amount, it's about having to do it at all.
January 5, 2010 @ 02:48 PM
rickrude

If you dont tip or tip very little stick to McDonalds.
January 5, 2010 @ 03:33 PM
HabsFan

I thought 15% was the norm.
January 5, 2010 @ 03:44 PM
tRick

I didnt tip for the first time a couple days ago. Instead, i just left a note in crayon that said "Sorry, I spent ya tip on cookiez :9."
January 5, 2010 @ 04:30 PM
J THRILLAH

Try serving tables! Servers bust their ass off. They have to deal with everyone, annoying customers, bussers, bartenders, and the kitchen staff. I've worked as a line cook and it's so easy to be a dick to servers. They'll come in asking for their food, and you could either take your time and lag their order, or hustle. Either way, at the end of the night, they pay a percentage for the kitchen and possibly with bussers/bartenders, depending on some places.

I say, at least tip 15%, if the service is outstanding, tip more. The next time you eat there, your server will take care of you, or hook you up. Of course, eating at Denny's/Ihop, you'll experience some bad service.

Insta: @jthrillah

January 5, 2010 @ 05:50 PM
havok...

You're comparing the birth of Jesus Christ to tipping some teenage waiter? gtfo

Jesus wasnt born on Christmas.
January 5, 2010 @ 06:05 PM
splean07

I always tip 15% or more at a bar/restaurant/club but never at a fast food or coffee joint.
January 5, 2010 @ 06:36 PM
FreshAddict

i tip whatever change i got....which honestly isnt a lot razz
January 5, 2010 @ 09:00 PM
method47

I never tip. Unless Im out with a few certain friends that force me to tip.
January 6, 2010 @ 12:00 AM
J THRILLAH

I guess tipping goes down differently in Canada.

January 6, 2010 @ 12:12 AM
HabsFan

I never tip. Unless Im out with a few certain friends that force me to tip.

How old are you? If you're still a teenager, whatever, they don't expect much from you, but if you're older than 18 you're just a douche.

Waiters/Bartenders get paid under the minimum wage per hour. Like right now, the minimum wage is around 9$, they get paid around 5-6$/hour...so you not tipping because you're cheap is fuckin gay.
January 6, 2010 @ 12:25 AM
method47

I make minimum wage too, and no one tips me.
January 6, 2010 @ 12:28 AM
FROADS

man fuck tippin...this guy spitz the truth
I never tip. that video actually hits it right on the head. You don't tip the guy making your food, he doesn't see that money. I know a lot of waiters and they get pissed as hell if they don't get a tip, well to fucking bad get a better job if you "have to rely on tips"

And fuck those people who say you are cheap if you don't tip, the fuck you care what someone does with their own money. I NEVER tip, i actually went to hooters and told the chick soon as she brought my check out, she aint getting a tip, and i left the tip part on the check blank, and dared her ass to write herself a tip, cause i'd march right back the next day and get her fine ass fired.

For real, society's forces guys to pay people that are just doing their jobs..Yeah i tip only if the meal is 15 n up cuz i don't want nukas doing shit to my food when i come back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmzGaSQYznAG][/IMG]
..but for real i would tip the cook instead
January 6, 2010 @ 12:29 AM
method47

And they more than make up that 4$ an hour, they make more than minimum wage based on everyone elses tips alone. If they dont want to make less than minimum wage, they should find a new job. Why do you think people work as bartenders? The money is great.
January 6, 2010 @ 12:30 AM
Acclaimed

Classic fucking movie.

And if I do tip, the waiter/waitress would have to be really quick and nice, and even then i only tip like 3-4 bucks. if i'm already over-paying for food as it is no way am i gonna drop more than that on a 'tip'.
January 6, 2010 @ 12:45 AM
dOpeMitch

yea yo tips really help yo, i work for tips too, even if its a couple bucks it adds up slimes
January 6, 2010 @ 01:09 AM
J THRILLAH

As for big parties, it's all about the grat. ;)

January 6, 2010 @ 02:45 AM
Denny Crane

is gifting one dollar harder than gifting someone a tv? gifting on christmas is surely not required. if you were to truly celebrate xmas you would be in church doing something. but you missed the point. why is it so hard to follow a simpler and cheaper tradition, but easily follow another tradition that's expensive and complex? cause these two traditions have the very basic concepts that are similar. gifting.

Because you wanna gift your family.
January 6, 2010 @ 03:16 AM
STI Guy

haha. i guess some of you think you're pretty bad ass.
January 6, 2010 @ 03:59 AM
Sk00tZ

In Vegas, tipping is just expected. It's always about 20%, more or less depending on service. Almost everybody works for tips. You guys might not know this, but sometimes the waitresses have to tip out on your check, maybe around 5%. That's regardless of whether you tip or not. So don't be a dick and make somebody pay to wait on you, leave a tip.
January 6, 2010 @ 10:59 AM
LLII\\

tip
January 6, 2010 @ 12:22 PM
conio

All you guys saying you don't tip.. making up reasons and shit.. you're just cheapstakes trying to convince yourselves that youre not.

I bartend (MTL Canada)... and the government taxes me 8% on my sales because they know that people will be tipping. So when ppl don't tip, it's like I paid to serve them. So you bet your ass if you don't tip I'mma be mean muggin you for the rest of the night and you ain't getting shit from me no more.

edit: and no, it doesn't work differently in Canada. We tip 15% that's the norm. More if the service is excellent.
January 6, 2010 @ 12:29 PM
J THRILLAH

I was joking about tipping differently in Canada. You could clearly see who has worked/not worked at restaurants/bars.

I don't drink, but I remember we would hook up the bartender with good food, and he would do the kitchen staff a favor and send us drinks.

I've bar-backed before and even I would get tipped out too.

Please login first to reply.