Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 21, 2013 @ 02:48 AM
________

June 24, 2013 @ 01:39 AM
atmo

9.5/10 

yeezus dropped the 10 commandments and made some shit that everyone will be emulating 2-3 years from now. and by everyone i don't mean a variety of underground artist i mean the billboard top 100. would have given 10/10 if guilt trip wasn't on it. 

Kanye west’s greatest coup is how quickly he has convinced to majority of music critics to agree with him in the disownment of his back catalouge.  I just listened to all of the lights interlude into the song, monster, then skipped ahead to runaway.   Those three songs alone allowed Pitchfork to remain credible after giving the album a perfect and nearly unseen 10 out of ten.  What everyone seems to forget at the release of the latest Kanye album, often due to the massive tonal shifts between projects, is that the majority of his work, especially that praised highest, ages extremely well.  In fact, these great moments from the man actually serve to reverse the normative art-memory relationship and bring the listener back through dimensions to the point they first had this album.  Not oddly at all, the two best songs on Kanye’s album fit on a direct line drawn from the college dropout.  Bounds 2 sounds as close to vintage Kanye as anything ever has, but its the monumental, and surprisingly not controversial, “Blood on the Leaves” that is the farthest marked locus on what by now surely seems to be a ray of an audiology.  I am a massive TNGHT fan.  Ordered their ep months before it actually came out.  etc.  Those horns are dominating.  This audience does not have any memory of pop made with full string and horn sections, but patrons of the funk did not forget.  It does not surprise that this song, and daft punk’s luscious summer jam, harken back to these sounds.  Kanye is perfect for this time, and especially this week, because he is so closely tied to Lebron in my mind.  Both are preposterously talented, but are both so difficult to expect anything from.
completely agree with you on statements regarding bound and blood on the leaves. 

the album is 9 hell of a night inspired songs, 8 of which are fucking awesome as shit, but just my opinion feel free to bash me especially considering im doing a 2day bump. 

http://sequence.us/

June 24, 2013 @ 02:18 PM
Bandwagon

favorite line: "eatin asian pussy all i need was sweet and sour sauce"
lol i HATE that line
June 24, 2013 @ 07:09 PM
CH33CH

favorite line: "eatin asian pussy all i need was sweet and sour sauce"
put my fist in her like a civil rights sign much better bruh
July 15, 2013 @ 04:35 AM
ThhIro

is that even hip hop lolol ?
July 15, 2013 @ 06:15 AM
maddoxpro

kanye's next album gonna be spoken word over sounds of dial up internet
haha
July 15, 2013 @ 06:50 PM
chief

hold my liquor is my shit

•••

July 16, 2013 @ 06:15 AM
Glo'bito

is that even hip hop lolol ?
beyond hip hop Ye on another level

“those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.”

July 16, 2013 @ 08:13 AM
Cortez Frexco

Kanye West is one of the best rappers out today, but I wasn't really feeling the album. The lyrics were okay I suppose but the production was a little different for a typical rap album, my favorite was Bound 2 I loved the kicks and melodies. But overall it was a disappointment for me. He proved that some people just buy certain artists stuff because of their stature in the industry.

YouTube.com/CortezFrexco

July 16, 2013 @ 12:17 PM
chex

Kanye West is one of the best rappers out today, but I wasn't really feeling the album. The lyrics were okay I suppose but the production was a little different for a typical rap album, my favorite was Bound 2 I loved the kicks and melodies. But overall it was a disappointment for me. He proved that some people just buy certain artists stuff because of their stature in the industry.
or people like progressive music instead of the same old shit
July 16, 2013 @ 02:01 PM
thethirdman

Yawn. I guess I understand how people might think this album is "new" and "experimental", if they haven't listened to any music outside of common reach and popularity. It's definitely new and experimental in terms of Kanye, but that's pretty much it.  Lyrics were so rushed it's hilarious...Chief Keef is fucking shit outside of his "Back from the Dead" mixtape. 

I just talked to Jesus
He said, "what's up yeezus?"

Fucking cringe LOL
Most real quote in this thread. This album just sounds like shit you'd hear in a Brooklyn warehouse, maybe 5-7 years ago. No issues if you like this, but if it's blowing your mind, you should probably stop listening to hot 97 for your music fix.
July 16, 2013 @ 03:12 PM
HOCHSTE

Bound 2 is the best song on the album because of it's "earlier kanye" Kanye Flow and the sample
Blood on teh Leaves is perhaps the best produced song on teh album, the mstering and layering is wonderful
I'm in it is good because of the production as well, and the structure is dynamic and the lyric are good
New Slaves is a solid song honestly, as is Black Skin head ( because it's super energetic)

For loyal Kanye fans who has followed Ye since Freshman Adjustment, this is simply growth and dynamicism for him.
It has received alot of flak because it's too abnormal from what people are used to hearing.
who cares? Kanye sure as hell doesn't, he even said himself that this album he wa smaking music
for HIM, no one else, not for the record sales or anyhting.

ENDRANT

"The bears are attracted to the menstruation."

July 16, 2013 @ 05:09 PM

kanye seems to change styles every album
July 16, 2013 @ 07:30 PM
mrh

He proved that some people just buy certain artists stuff because of their stature in the industry.
the no singles, no promotion, no cover, and lack of other traditional promotion was so that people bought it for the sake of the music only.  the fuck you talkin about
July 17, 2013 @ 12:17 AM
chief

Yawn. I guess I understand how people might think this album is "new" and "experimental", if they haven't listened to any music outside of common reach and popularity. It's definitely new and experimental in terms of Kanye, but that's pretty much it.  Lyrics were so rushed it's hilarious...Chief Keef is fucking shit outside of his "Back from the Dead" mixtape. 

I just talked to Jesus

Fucking cringe LOL
Most real quote in this thread. This album just sounds like shit you'd hear in a Brooklyn warehouse, maybe 5-7 years ago. No issues if you like this, but if it's blowing your mind, you should probably stop listening to hot 97 for your music fix.
kanye has never the best lyricist. I mean ya he's improved but you all act like he should be on some Nas level shit by now or something. And I actually enjoyed that what up yeezus line.

and lol @ people crucifying this album for just a couple filler lines

...see what i did there

•••

July 17, 2013 @ 12:23 AM
chief

it's also sort of phenomenon that Kanye doesn't try to stay relevant like Jay-Z, for example. But rather he creates relevance for himself. It's as if after Graduation, people look to Kanye to change the current game and send it in a different, refreshing direction. Name another artist that has this kind of power. Lil Wayne was on top of the world, but nobody expected mind blowing shit from him, just decent bars as with most other rappers. With Kanye it's as though he's expected to shift the sound of the genre in a different direction with every album he drops. I think that's why people might be so critical with Yeezus, because that expectation now officially goes hand in hand with Kanye's projects

•••

July 17, 2013 @ 01:13 AM
goldANDsacks

Lil Wayne was on top of the world, but nobody expected mind blowing shit from him,

With Kanye it's as though he's expected to shift the sound of the genre in a different direction with every album he drops
i think you are pushing your own opinion on the whole world. there's a lot of people out there. people who love lil wayne and expect (and interpret) everything he does to be genius/groundbreaking/witty. conversely, there's a ton of people out there who think kanye west is garbage since late registration and expect nothing from him. i get what you mean, and i agree (as a kanye fan) but what you're really saying is:

Lil Wayne was on top of the world, but (i didn't expect) mind blowing shit from him, 

With Kanye (i expect him) to shift the sound of the genre in a different direction with every album he drops
July 17, 2013 @ 01:17 AM
goldANDsacks

also, jay-z is the king of shifting relevance. i mean, he actually raps about having good credit. in tom ford, he says "fuck hashtags are retweets. 140 characters in these streets."

come on... 

if any other rapper (except maybe kanye) said that, you'd facepalm. like... you're dissing twitter? you're relating twitter to the hood? what the fuck does this have to do with anything? if wale said that, you'd throw out your ipod.

but since it's jay-z, you're all like

"YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!! 140 CHARACTERS IN THESE STREETS NIGGA!!!!!".
July 17, 2013 @ 01:27 AM
goldANDsacks

I just talked to Jesus

Fucking cringe LOL
kanye has never the best lyricist. I mean ya he's improved but you all act like he should be on some Nas level shit by now or something. And I actually enjoyed that what up yeezus line.

and lol @ people crucifying this album for just a couple filler lines

...see what i did there
"You know what the Midwest is?
Young & Restless
Where restless (Niggas) might snatch your necklace
And next these (Niggas) might jack your Lexus
Somebody tell these (Niggas) who Kanye West is"

VS

"i just talked to jesus. 
he said what up yeezus. 
i said nothing chillin. 
tryna stack these millions"

nah, its def a drop in lyrical quality. i mean, Late Registration had songs about how his mom was arrested as a child for racial protesting during the civil rights era.  Yeezus had songs about him getting condoms at 7-11. sure it's "a filler line" but the people who are critical don't believe in filler lines. if you get the chance to have your words heard by millions on millions of people, would you really just throw out some "filler lines"? i feel like late registration kanye was like "nah, every single second on this album has to mean something" while yeezus kanye is like "eh, whatever. it's still gonna be a hit". and some people can notice that difference. 
July 17, 2013 @ 06:15 AM
chief

college dropout/late registration kanye is gone. you'll still have glimpses of those lyrics in his songs nowadays, but ever since graduation is been braggadocios shit

But you're sort of right. MBDTF is my fav Ye album and he dropped some shit on there. I feel like that was more of a game changer than Yeezus. There's definitely more unfuckwithable lines on Yeezus, but as far as the overall sound of it, I don't think it's terrible. It's by far not his best, but I think this is gonna be 808s all over again where people are like "wtf" at first and then come around and realize it was pretty great for what it was

•••

July 22, 2013 @ 04:45 AM
mrh

black skinhead video is on kanyewest.com

first opinion:  what the fuck was that shit
July 22, 2013 @ 04:56 AM

that shit sucked
inb4 if you were black youd understand
that nigga look like a sketchy 2011 videogame character 
July 22, 2013 @ 04:58 AM

all i want for christmas is the mbdtf yeezy back
July 22, 2013 @ 05:03 AM
mrh

the slow mo feels like it's stealing my soul 
July 22, 2013 @ 05:28 AM
nathanieldowneyx

People gonna fuck with this because its Ye. People gonna lie and say its the dopest shit but turn around and shit on any other "artsy" or experimental thing any other artist does. People gonna hate it / love it because its on some "NEXT LVL ART TYPE SHIT" but in reality it was halfassed. It was Kanye doing some weird shit because he can. I usually eat weird shit up like bacon n eggs but this didnt do it for me. Everytime i hear its like some FAYKEART faggotry.
July 22, 2013 @ 06:35 AM
greg

The video looks like a joke.
July 22, 2013 @ 07:19 AM
yeahyeah

vids not working? all i get is a white screen.
still better than the video tho

wtb supreme snow white button-down in small/medium

July 22, 2013 @ 12:59 PM
Master Flash

vids not working? all i get is a white screen.
still better than the video tho
LMAO! #True

Changing the Past.

July 22, 2013 @ 01:29 PM
HOCHSTE

That Black Skinhead video had so much potential.

"The bears are attracted to the menstruation."

July 22, 2013 @ 05:39 PM
mrh

People gonna fuck with this because its Ye. People gonna lie and say its the dopest shit but turn around and shit on any other "artsy" or experimental thing any other artist does. People gonna hate it / love it because its on some "NEXT LVL ART TYPE SHIT" but in reality it was halfassed. It was Kanye doing some weird shit because he can. I usually eat weird shit up like bacon n eggs but this didnt do it for me. Everytime i hear its like some FAYKEART faggotry.
damn near no one fucks with it so you wrote all that for no reason

Please login first to reply.