Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 11, 2007 @ 04:03 PM
orkomunja

trying to start a clothing line with a "threadless.com" type of targeted audience..anybody have any tips on marketing? a lot of you seem to be affiliated with several successful companies (e.g. diamond, 10 deep, orisue, etc.) and it'd be great to have input from you guys.
July 11, 2007 @ 04:23 PM
SAlNlDllvllAlN

Doesn't threadless own the rights to your design if you submit it to there site?

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-
July 11, 2007 @ 04:54 PM
orkomunja

yes, i believe they do.
July 11, 2007 @ 06:02 PM
whyblaque

learn your audience...

decide your brands image, and stick to it...
July 11, 2007 @ 11:12 PM

Inactive

the whole point of threadless is it is community driven and there is no marketing as such.
July 17, 2007 @ 07:27 PM
DeNfAcTa

learn your audience...

decide your brands image, and stick to it...

yeah and actually do something original. please
July 18, 2007 @ 12:12 AM
rasclaaat

the whole point of threadless is it is community driven and there is no marketing as such.

very true, good point, but...it is still theoretically possible to do a similar threadless type site but with design content more aimed at hte hypebeast/streetwear crowd...probably quite hard to pull off successfully but still theoretically not a bad idea at all.
July 18, 2007 @ 02:09 AM
travis!

marketing can be anything from give-aways, advertising so on.

starting a company.. KNOW that your goign to have a lot of lost leads. spending money to grow.
July 23, 2007 @ 07:18 PM
bradwalters

^ yeah, marketing is everythiing a company does in order for their name to be out there. everything from who they want buying their stuff, the stores that are going to be carrying it, the price, promotions, etc. its all part of a companies marketing campaign for the specific products
July 23, 2007 @ 07:35 PM
yao.bling

i wouldn't say marketing is everything.....

just look at af1's, not a dime spent on marketing, and it's survived how long?

anyways, i think the biggest thing you can do when creating a brand image is staying true to yourself. if you're posing, people will know, and thus, it'd tarnish your brand.

put out shit you like, dont try and impress a target market you don't know about (or are part of).

if you do have a target market in mind, but aren't really sure about how to go about getting them to feel your shit, then educate yourself on them. become one of them, etc.
July 23, 2007 @ 07:49 PM
Brooklyn_718

All you have to do is aim at a single auidence don't try to apeal to everyone because once that one auidence wears your product it will become a sucess
trust me this whole clothing and street wear industry is dependent on trends if you create a trend you'll become a sucess the route you'll take when you create the clothing and designs is up to you and that is dependent when trying to create a trend...........
( a trend is basically a look )

In my opinion people would rather wear clean looking clothing instead of prints all over or over done designs so keep that in mind...........
July 23, 2007 @ 11:18 PM
camthraxFHK

I would maybe find some way to become street credible. Get someone to start wearing your shit. This is difficult. So is getting your stuff in stores. So is getting people on the internet to want it. Bottom line traces back to having a decent product. Don't be phony.
July 24, 2007 @ 10:00 AM
creep3

Its all about who you know. Pay your dues and work hard and you will achieve anything you put your mind to. Good luck and get that hustle on.
July 24, 2007 @ 12:58 PM
JesusIStheCURE

If you didi go thruogh with this, i think it would be very succesful, look at all the ppl who post in up and coming designers thread, but make no progress because they dont have the money. But if they submit the design to you you get it printed (must be high quality) and sell them for $20-$30 they get a nice cut, you get a nice cut. And if you have to vote on the ideas then only the good ones will come through because the hypebeast community generally has good taste. What will be more difficult in my opinion is getting designers to steadly submit GOOD ideas to you.
July 25, 2007 @ 12:42 AM
Clouder

network, network, network. Connections are key. Get your face out there and be herd. You have to have hot concepts, but what good are they if no one knows where to find em.
December 16, 2007 @ 12:40 PM
Rogue Artist

Get Kanye and Lupe to wear it, then everyone will start submitting threads asking about your stuff, cause if they wear it then it automatically makes it heat.....j/k

....listen to the posts above, I think its a lot of good advice from your market audience. cool
December 16, 2007 @ 01:44 PM
soleFLY

cost leader-most efficent with keeping down costs and you are able to offer products at unbeatable prices
or
points of difference-what differentiates your product from the rest of the competition
or
focus-on a specific part of the target market. (niche)

Please login first to reply.