February 2, 2012 @ 08:00 AM
WD.MYLES

Website
Shop
Twitter

Shirts release Friday

One of the few brands on this thread that are dope. good presentation dudes.

SHOP.WDNATION.COM

February 2, 2012 @ 08:16 AM
buddyrock

what do u guys think of these logos?

top one isn't too bad - you're getting there

what do you think it needs?
February 2, 2012 @ 08:17 AM
niq

One of the few brands on this thread that are dope. good presentation dudes.

thanks man! much appreciated

BLACK-SCALE.COM

February 2, 2012 @ 12:43 PM
chads

little snippit of a design for my brand Distant Light Supply Co.

Despite you guys being mad over jakes feedback, his designs and logos are 10x better that anyone else on here. Hes at least waiting until he gets something of quality to put up here.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 2, 2012 @ 03:15 PM
Jake Ocean

Despite you guys being mad over jakes feedback, his designs and logos are 10x better that anyone else on here. Hes at least waiting until he gets something of quality to put up here.

thanks man! appreciate it.

http://www.distantlight.co

February 2, 2012 @ 03:19 PM
Jake Ocean

Website
Shop
Twitter

Shirts release Friday

Web design is pretty cool and designs aren't that bad. I dig those logos on the bottom. Not bad.

February 2, 2012 @ 04:16 PM
T.E.I.N.

your logo design is really cool, but the name is just unoriginal, I know I'm a beginner but, I'm first and foremost a consumer, and the first thing I thought was oh he's trying to rip off Diamond Supply Co.

Just a suggestion keep it Distant Light, that sound just as cool if not cooler and you still keep your sense of originality.
February 2, 2012 @ 05:45 PM
Jake Ocean

your logo design is really cool, but the name is just unoriginal, I know I'm a beginner but, I'm first and foremost a consumer, and the first thing I thought was oh he's trying to rip off Diamond Supply Co.

Just a suggestion keep it Distant Light, that sound just as cool if not cooler and you still keep your sense of originality.

haha, dude Diamond isn't the only brand name that uses supply co. it would just be my trademark name, but brands that just say "clothing " and "apparel" after it are unoriginal.

anyways, thanks for the feedback

February 2, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
Broken Bank Clo

what the fuck man, do you even know who angie varona is? watch this, http://vimeo.com/26789091
i hope you realize you took a stolen picture, stole the stolen picture, then put it on to a tshirt.

my advice is to throw all those shirts away asap for 2 reasons. 1) avoid getting in a lawsuit 2) huge douchebag move.
fucked up.

Yes I do know who she is. The picture I used it not a stolen picture. It is one she posted after she turned 18. Pun to the Legal Tender text on the shirt. Not everyone is going to like the shirt let alone all the shirts I do. But I did it as a risky shirt anyway. That was the whole point of it.

lol who gives a shit? that's the internet man.

I wouldn't make these into shirts because they look amateur-ish. I think the story behind that girl is pretty awesome, but the shirts need to be pulled off better. They remind me of bootleg/ghettofab stuff you see at flea markets. If you're gonna sink money into t-shirts, take your time with the designs

What do you mean by amateur-ish? Print Quality or the design itself? Does it look like it needs more?
I didn't want to over do it. Wanted something simple but out there.
At least you understand the story behind it. Some of my friends who I showed the shirt to didn't know who she was and I had to explain the whole thing.

Dude who made those Angie Varona shirts is such a horrible person. First of all, the shirt sucks; second, you are glorifying the horrible thing that happened to this girl.
I was even considering copping a shirt but I cant support a brand with these kind of morals.
My opinion, that was a bad move. Plus you are trying to make money off of stealing a stolen pic.
Damn...

How does it make me a horrible person?
The shirt sucking isn't really telling me much to help.
I'm not glorifying anything that she hasn't already done herself. Like I stated above. I used a picture she posted after she turned 18. If she didn't like the attention she wouldn't keep posting pictures of herself. I fully understand the story behind everything which was the reason I used her. I thought about using Miley Cryus but it didn't have the same effect. The point of the shirt design was to draw the connection between and name given the money "Legal Tender" and a girl who is "Legal" Angie Varona being the most recent and popular person to point this out.

Thanks for th feedback guys. I'm not expecting everyone to love the Legal Tender shirt. It was a risky shirt that ws scaled down from previous ideas I had. One being having a picture of a ""stripper" but just the top portion of her breast and her wearing a bra. And in her bra have some cash hanging out. But I thought that was too tacky and I myself would never wear a shirt like that.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

February 2, 2012 @ 07:51 PM
Jake Ocean

fail http://www.google.nl/search?q=fragment+design&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:nlsuprisedfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=nl&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=bNMqT-mAOsnt-gbzg6yeDg&biw=1280&bih=577&sei=b9MqT-yZDYyr-QaV27iFDg

fail http://www.google.nl/search?q=fragment+design&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:nlsuprisedfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=nl&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=bNMqT-mAOsnt-gbzg6yeDg&biw=1280&bih=577&sei=b9MqT-yZDYyr-QaV27iFDg

what are you trying to say? this is a design not a logo..

February 2, 2012 @ 09:09 PM
joeschott

Hey everybody, I've recently started a gaming and internet culture inspired streetwear brand with a focus on subversion called "nope". We've collaborated with a couple big online artists in Mare Odomo and SecretCat. I also run a popular pokemon meme blog called FYPblog and I've released a couple pokemon-inspired things to draw customers from FYPblog to nope. We also hold exclusivity and packaging in high regard. We want customers to feel that they're getting something limited and exclusive - runs haven't even reached 100 a shirt yet, and we pack orders with stickers, pins, and packs of throwback trading cards. I also draw and write out messages on the back of each order.

Our flagship shirt is the ANTI-INTERNET shirt, meant to draw the viewer in, decipher what the shirt says, and then think about how it's virtually impossible to be anti-internet in the 21st century.

Another of our shirts was a subversive take on the 'Just Say No' anti-drug campaign of the 1980s spearheaded by Nancy Reagan, the shirt is called 'Just Say Nope' with art by Mare Odomo.

We also did a shirt that was inspired by the Missingno glitch in Pokemon, mainly to get people over from FYPblog, but the Missingno glitch was a storied subject in my elementary school cafeteria days and I wanted to pay homage to that - collaborated with Mare Odomo as well.

We've also just received our second generation of stickers, meant specifically to subvert advertisements on the street

And our next shirt which should arrive this week subverts the famous nike swoosh and slogan, called "Just Don't"

Detail:

So here's our website, nopeclothing.com - any kind of feedback on the shirts, stickers, website, or store is greatly appreciated! I'm super new so I'm sure I'll see all of you around on different parts of the forums.

bump

Owner/Creator: nopeclothing.com / fypblog.com

February 2, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
Daniel Steez

Not bad Jake..I'm interested in seeing your logo. Distant Light has a good ring to it without supply co at the end of it. I'm not referring to the one dudes reason of Diamond having that same addition to their name. I just don't think you need it.

Also, what's the concept behind the name? What are you (any of you starting brands) bringing to the table besides "fly" gear.
I'm a sucker for meaning. There has to be a meaning behind what you do. If there isn't than you're just making cool shirts with no substance. I'd like to invite all of you to explain what your brands stand for.

Jake, I'm directing my attention back to you now. Since you seem to have the right idea with your brand why not act as a helping hand? You can be blunt but delicate. I don't think it's right to tell someone who's looking for feedback to scratch their entire idea.

You went off on my topic about how unoriginal my brand was due to our use of pigeons. You mentioned a company I had never heard of and a man I hold in very high regard as reasons why my brand was bad. I invite you to find out about my company. Do your research. The Gully Steez idea was birthed 4-5 years ago..we're new on here, not new to this hustle. We've been in development ever since. We just released our first lineup of multiple tees after years of random one tee limited drops that were sold locally. All these years the pigeon has been a major part of our mantra and our image because of what the bird represents to us, not because Stpl used the bird on dunks.
If you're real with yourself, you're gully.
If you're comfortable with yourself, you got Steez.
Do you got Steez?

www.GullySteez.com is More Than Streetwear

Plz leave feedback on your opinion of our website..
Our blog sucks..
We're working on actual model pics..
When I get home I will be adding pics of some of the designs that we came out with Dec. 1st for anybody who didn't visit the website.

www.GULLYINK.com; premier printing service and retail opportunity for indie brands. Email me or visit the site for details.

February 2, 2012 @ 09:36 PM
Daniel Steez

Nope...cool concept!
Idk about that Nike spoof but I can see the market buying that.

www.GULLYINK.com; premier printing service and retail opportunity for indie brands. Email me or visit the site for details.

February 2, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
niq

Web design is pretty cool and designs aren't that bad. I dig those logos on the bottom. Not bad.

thanks

definitely trial and error went through many revisions of the site.

BLACK-SCALE.COM

February 2, 2012 @ 10:40 PM
Broken Bank Clo

BLOOP you have some pretty clean stuff.
I'm a fan of nice crisp designs myself. Not all over the place
is that you in the vid or a model/friend?

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

February 2, 2012 @ 10:56 PM
niq

BLOOP you have some pretty clean stuff.
I'm a fan of nice crisp designs myself. Not all over the place
is that you in the vid or a model/friend?

my friend who was nice enough to model for us

he works for Undefeated in SF

BLACK-SCALE.COM

February 2, 2012 @ 11:47 PM
Daniel Steez

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/p480x480/396648_10150640625796224_661056223_11354016_1853885542_n.jpg

Check out some of the gear we've come out with:

This last tee is our "Children Of The Corner" tee...it is 24th on PLNDR's Brand Battle and you can VOTE for us here:
http://bit.ly/yubMTE

None of these pics are professional pictures..I just wanted to use pics with the tees actually in use rather than a thumbnail. Let me know what you think...

www.GULLYSTEEZ.com

Facebook: Click here to go to our fan page!

Twitter: <a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/gullysteez/' rel='nofollow'>@Gullysteez</a>

February 2, 2012 @ 11:50 PM
Daniel Steez

This last tee is our "Children Of The Corner" tee…it is 24th on PLNDR’s Brand Battle and you can VOTE for it here:
http://bit.ly/yubMTE

February 2, 2012 @ 11:51 PM
Daniel Steez

Website
Shop
Twitter

Bloop is looking GULLY!

Shirts release Friday

February 3, 2012 @ 12:33 AM
T.E.I.N.

Has anybody hear of Victor Cruz'z brand Young Whales.
I saw it and thought the name was goofy but the designs seem to be legit what are your guys thoughts

http://youngwhales.bigcartel.com/
February 3, 2012 @ 12:55 AM
Jake Ocean

Not bad Jake..I'm interested in seeing your logo. Distant Light has a good ring to it without supply co at the end of it. I'm not referring to the one dudes reason of Diamond having that same addition to their name. I just don't think you need it.

Also, what's the concept behind the name? What are you (any of you starting brands) bringing to the table besides "fly" gear.
I'm a sucker for meaning. There has to be a meaning behind what you do. If there isn't than you're just making cool shirts with no substance. I'd like to invite all of you to explain what your brands stand for.

Jake, I'm directing my attention back to you now. Since you seem to have the right idea with your brand why not act as a helping hand? You can be blunt but delicate. I don't think it's right to tell someone who's looking for feedback to scratch their entire idea.

You went off on my topic about how unoriginal my brand was due to our use of pigeons. You mentioned a company I had never heard of and a man I hold in very high regard as reasons why my brand was bad. I invite you to find out about my company. Do your research. The Gully Steez idea was birthed 4-5 years ago..we're new on here, not new to this hustle. We've been in development ever since. We just released our first lineup of multiple tees after years of random one tee limited drops that were sold locally. All these years the pigeon has been a major part of our mantra and our image because of what the bird represents to us, not because Stpl used the bird on dunks.
Do you got Steez?

Our blog sucks..
When I get home I will be adding pics of some of the designs that we came out with Dec. 1st for anybody who didn't visit the website.

Just to start off, i never said your brand was bad nor to scratch the idea. I just said that the pigeon logo has been used multiple times and I thought it was very unoriginal of you. However, I assumed the the brand was new since you posted in the "new lines" section, but it is not so there was no way you could've copied it. gotcha.

any ways, the supply co. is just the trade name. instead of adding 'clothing co.' it will be supply co., my products are not only going to be apparel.

it took a shitload of time to finally settle on the name 'distant light', after many many many other potential names. the name came to me from the phrase"there is always a light at the end of the tunnel". whatever you are trying to achieve or trying to progress, this saying applys. it has always been a saying thats been in the back of my mind, and "distant light" describes it.

the reason i am starting a brand is because, i want to. i have done my research for about a year now, gathered up a shit load information, read alot of books, all that jazz (still always learning though) and i wanted to be bring something new and different to the table. i am tired of brands just coming out with a dumb design and slapping it on a shirt and calling it "streetwear". not only will the designs dominate, but the aesthetics of the brand will shine aswell.

i'm trying to keep everything as exclusive as possible, so i am actually unable to post my full logo design on here, sorry. if you are really interested though, you can email me.

on the other hand, i never said to quit what your doing. i see potential in the brand, but im not a huge fan of your designs.
i don't really like those designs, but if your selling them i am not one to speak. get real product shots!

February 3, 2012 @ 12:58 AM
Jake Ocean

to NOPE -
i dont know if doing a parody of the nike logo is the best way to go for your logo. if i were you i would think of something super rad to go with "nope" and hire a designer to do it. i could definetly see nope having a cooler logo.

February 3, 2012 @ 01:12 AM
joeschott

to NOPE -
i dont know if doing a parody of the nike logo is the best way to go for your logo. if i were you i would think of something super rad to go with "nope" and hire a designer to do it. i could definetly see nope having a cooler logo.

Thank for the feedback man, the nike shirt was just to subvert the famous nike font and swoosh - our regular logo looks like this

February 3, 2012 @ 01:16 AM
joeschott

Nope...cool concept!

Thanks dude, so far people have liked the subverted nike thing! thanks for the feedback!
For your brand, I'd agree with Jake in that you should buddy up with a photographer and have them shoot you some nice pics - it'll definitely up the brand more

February 3, 2012 @ 03:15 AM
chads

the reason i am starting a brand is because, i want to. i have done my research for about a year now, gathered up a shit load information, read alot of books, all that jazz (still always learning though) and i wanted to be bring something new and different to the table. i am tired of brands just coming out with a dumb design and slapping it on a shirt and calling it "streetwear". not only will the designs dominate, but the aesthetics of the brand will shine aswell.

Very well said. Once people who intend to start brands realize this and do this, they will most likely be successful even if the numbers don't show that. The more you have planned out for your brand, the more you can engineer your success.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 3, 2012 @ 03:24 AM
joeschott

Very well said. Once people who intend to start brands realize this and do this, they will most likely be successful even if the numbers don't show that. The more you have planned out for your brand, the more you can engineer your success.

On the same note though, having a plan can fuck things up if you stick to it too much or are unwilling to mold things around what's going on. You're going to have to have a plan, but you also are going to be changing that plan a million times. It's about being able to change, but still having a vision.

February 3, 2012 @ 03:33 AM
Jake Ocean

On the same note though, having a plan can fuck things up if you stick to it too much or are unwilling to mold things around what's going on. You're going to have to have a plan, but you also are going to be changing that plan a million times. It's about being able to change, but still having a vision.

a plan is always changing

February 3, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
chads

Though, some sort of plan is necessary to insure consistency.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 3, 2012 @ 05:50 AM
Daniel Steez

Do you got Steez?

Our blog sucks..

Just to start off, i never said your brand was bad nor to scratch the idea. I just said that the pigeon logo has been used multiple times and I thought it was very unoriginal of you. However, I assumed the the brand was new since you posted in the "new lines" section, but it is not so there was no way you could've copied it. gotcha.

any ways, the supply co. is just the trade name. instead of adding 'clothing co.' it will be supply co., my products are not only going to be apparel.

it took a shitload of time to finally settle on the name 'distant light', after many many many other potential names. the name came to me from the phrase"there is always a light at the end of the tunnel". whatever you are trying to achieve or trying to progress, this saying applys. it has always been a saying thats been in the back of my mind, and "distant light" describes it.

i'm trying to keep everything as exclusive as possible, so i am actually unable to post my full logo design on here, sorry. if you are really interested though, you can email me.

on the other hand, i never said to quit what your doing. i see potential in the brand, but im not a huge fan of your designs.
i don't really like those designs, but if your selling them i am not one to speak. get real product shots!

I wasn't referring to what you said to me with telling people to scratch their brands...you basically just hit me with that one liner about the pigeon. But I was looking through this thread and there were a couple of comments that I thought could really have been more helpful.

I'm all about the criticism though and thank you for it. I respect that you're not feeling our designs. Everybody has their own taste.

Your concept for the brand is dope..the whole reason behind the name sounds deep so it's definitely something that will build your perception. I think naming your brand is probably the hardest thing to do and realizing why you really want to do this is as well. I respect that you have that defined. I am interested in viewing the logo so I'll be emailing you..we're all part of the new wave of street wear so it's important that we help each other out.

February 3, 2012 @ 05:53 AM
Daniel Steez

Nope...cool concept!

Thanks dude, so far people have liked the subverted nike thing! thanks for the feedback!
For your brand, I'd agree with Jake in that you should buddy up with a photographer and have them shoot you some nice pics - it'll definitely up the brand more

For sure man..we are slacking on that! Good looking out on the feedback and keep up the great work NOPE!

Please login first to reply.