December 20, 2007 @ 01:26 AM
kuyachris

i dont know if i should get an ipod touch. does anybody think theyll be a price cut on it anytime soon?
December 20, 2007 @ 08:30 AM
MystaX

i dont think they'll be doing a pricedrop like they did the iphone too soon... probably months from now, but it was only released in october so unless sales are sluggish it most likely wont drop... the iphone was $599 originally then they dropped it to $399 to boost holiday sales... and since the itouch is essentially the same piece of hardware minus phone capabilities they would probably keep it to around that price for now

now for reasons of owning it... i recommend it... i had a zune for the past year and even though it had more storage, this thing has more features... free internet if u can get a wifi connection, calendar with appointment features/alarms, a clock (which is something all mp3 players should have haha), and the simple wow factor of the touch screen
December 20, 2007 @ 12:13 PM
redshoepaul

Agreed. It's hackable. Put some nice applications on the thing and have fun. NES emulator is something I'll be using A LOT when I get my iPhone. &)
December 20, 2007 @ 04:57 PM
e

Agreed. It's hackable. Put some nice applications on the thing and have fun. NES emulator is something I'll be using A LOT when I get my iPhone. &)

the same apps for the iphone are readily available and compatible with the iTouch(little boys) ?
December 21, 2007 @ 02:58 AM
MystaX

^yup, go to youtube and search "jailbreak + ipod touch"
December 22, 2007 @ 02:28 AM
Medasyn

I have a jail broken iPod (8GB) for sale if anyone wants to offer a good price, its got like the NES emulator, motion sensitive games, and other cool stuff (including Installer.app).

PM me for more details.
January 9, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
illastrate

^^^cosign....I traded off my previous mp3 player (Toshiba Gigabeat S) for an iTouch...even though its only 16 GB the thing is fucking beautiful..if you havent had the oppurtinity to try it I suggest you do so...everyone who tries it falls in love w it

that said...yea...the hacks lets you put mad shit on it....eBook readers, iphone apps, blah blah blah

I have a Gigabeat S too. Just wondering, was the battery life on yours weak? Cause mine's is weak and I wanna get a new mp3 player solely because of that. Other than that, it's a pretty good player.
January 9, 2008 @ 06:49 PM
Drebrooklyn

i still don't get why the storage on this shit is not 20gigs
January 9, 2008 @ 07:24 PM
Medasyn

i still don't get why the storage on this shit is not 20gigs

because they want to release it afterwards, and make buyers buy ANOTHER one to boost profits.
January 10, 2008 @ 12:36 AM
Alexstre

Got my touch the day they released it and I got nothing but good things to say about it. Jailbreaking takes about 10 minutes and is as simple as installing any other apps (on Mac, not sure about Windows jailbreaking) I totally recommand it.
January 10, 2008 @ 12:50 AM
iggy-koopa

I have a jail broken iPod (8GB) for sale if anyone wants to offer a good price, its got like the NES emulator, motion sensitive games, and other cool stuff (including Installer.app).

PM me for more details.

ipodtouchfans.com

Not only NES, but GBA, AND PSx as well as other great apps.

1.1.3 is coming out soon, cop one before the new ipods get updated with it cause 1.1.3 might take a while to crack.
January 15, 2008 @ 04:59 PM
Rimbauldi

about to go best buy and buy an ipod touch.......should I? cause i know macworld is right now and i dont want to go and buy one and then learn that they are coming out with an ipod touch 2 or someshit or that they are realeasing a 40g one. what do you guys think, what are they latest ipod touch rumeres?

It doesn't matter whether you wait to buy one or not. In 6 months time, they'll be pushing out something new; it happens every time they release an ipod, etc.

Please login first to reply.