Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 2, 2012 @ 05:48 AM
traggi

What's HB's opinion of this game? I know I can't be the only one that's played (and loved) it. Built around the concept of intuitive, real-time combat and a high learning curve, I think Dark Souls is one of the best games released this generation. Its Singleplayer/Multiplayer hybrid scheme is as innovative as its bosses are trying.

Discuss builds, co-op, bosses, whatever.

Wikis
http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/

Character Planner
http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

Build Gallery
http://darksoulsbuilds.imgur.com/all/

Dark Souls Design Work scans
http://www.mediafire.com/?fbeljn2k464a8
August 2, 2012 @ 07:25 PM
Pantic

it was fun as hell, some of the bosses got me too damn frustrated tho, and others were pretty easy.
August 2, 2012 @ 08:35 PM
DreamCast

One of the best games I've ever played. Fun as fuck

"The wings don't make you fly and the crown don't make you king"

August 2, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
NZOO

What's so good about this?

Don't badmind me.

August 2, 2012 @ 09:18 PM
DaPark

How long is this RPG compared to others? Let's say Skyrim or any other game comparable

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

August 3, 2012 @ 01:20 AM
THiZZ

It's a great game shame the servers are offline now for multiplayer But in terms of length it just depends on how much farming and completing you want to do. Gameplay wise it's got lots of hours in it granted you don't use a strategy guide and play the game legit....
August 3, 2012 @ 04:05 AM
traggi

What's so good about this?

The difficulty is a main draw. If you're tired of being able to breeze through games without any real effort on the "normal" setting, this game's for you. There's a reason there's just one difficulty.

It's a great game shame the servers are offline now for multiplayer But in terms of length it just depends on how much farming and completing you want to do. Gameplay wise it's got lots of hours in it granted you don't use a strategy guide and play the game legit....

The servers are only down for Demon's Souls, its predecessor! The Dark Souls servers are still alive and well with plenty of active players.

How long is this RPG compared to others? Let's say Skyrim or any other game comparable

The combat is MUCH more intuitive than Skyrim. Instead of running in and bashing whatever you're facing to death with weapons/magic and awkwardly strafing out of the way of incoming attacks, you are encouraged to block, parry, dodge roll, and power through the opponent's efforts. Fighting really makes you think and pay attention rather than button mash.

The game is plenty long, mostly because the story is VERY non-linear. The game starts by giving you a short summary of the events leading up to current events in the game, and then you are left to figure out and explore the world by yourself. You find out different elements of the overarching story via item descriptions, NPC dialogues, and more.
August 3, 2012 @ 04:08 AM
John Wall™

played until i got to the fourkings boss got my ass whooped numerous times ended up rage quitting.
August 3, 2012 @ 04:21 AM
traggi

played until i got to the fourkings boss got my ass whooped numerous times ended up rage quitting.

The key is to get rid of each king ASAP so they don't gang up and bootyrape you. Dodging up close is your friend.
August 5, 2012 @ 07:52 AM
DennisTheMenace

This reminds me lol, I need to finish up this game. Demon/Dark Souls is easily my top 3 favorite games I've played for PS3.
August 5, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
Djarum

this game is amazing... i'm getting excited for that DLC cool

i sorta gave up on pvp though, they definitely have a lot to work out. hopefully they'll do another installment and focus more on polishing the matchmaking system.
August 5, 2012 @ 08:16 PM
THiZZ

Wasn't even aware of DLC coming looks like i'm gonna have to get my shit back from my homie that's had it for like 4 months now haha and start on a new build...
August 5, 2012 @ 11:28 PM
jmac100394

I really liked this game, but I put it down when I got to blighttown. Gotta go back, this game is a breath of fresh air in the industry, I look at it as the polar opposite of skyrim. You're not burdened with a ton of stupid sidequests that don't mean shit, the combats actually deep, there's no marker telling you were to go at all times, and you actually feel accomplished after beating a boss. Both good games, but i prefer Dark Souls
August 14, 2012 @ 03:48 PM
kayvin

ive played demon souls, never heard of dark souls. gotta try it out

Please login first to reply.