Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
August 3, 2012 @ 04:33 PM
slap

ahh picked up my stf jeans today
I ordered the black STF. But on the jeans there is a tag that says RIGID???? The jeans look black though and not blue so im confused. I ordered 31x36 and 32x36. I buttoned both jeans and put them on top of each other. The waist size length for both is the SAME. So i got a defect again? Both jeans fit me very snug on the waist. I guess any tighter would really hurt. So this is a good size for the waist? Or should i try something even tighter? but then i probably wont be able to fit it. Im gonna go take some fit pictures now and will be uploaded within the next hour. brb

Does the it say anywhere the word "Black"? Can't really tell by the picture what color they are. "Rigid" could just refer to the fact they are "raw" denim and not washed.

Yeah they look about the same size in the waist, wouldn't consider it a defect, but just they're variations in productions. Just by the looks of your pictures, 31 waist looks tigher, around the crotch and thigh area, which is a lot better no homo.

To be honest, it looks like you could size down to 30, but that's up to you, just envision them a little tighter.
If they do happen to be a little tight, you could always wear them with the top button unbuttoned, and just wear a belt.
Return the 32s.
Keep in mind, they will shrink, so wear it while it's damp to stretch back out.
Overall, fit looks good. Like really good, no homo. Much better that the 505's you had before.

Take some pictures after! And remember, NO DRYER.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 3, 2012 @ 08:27 PM
vvind

Ok

how hot do i need to make the bath tub water? Do i really need to wear the j eans and soak myself in the bathtub as well? I see people just put the jeans in hot water, and put water bottles to keep the jeans sunk in the water. I think imma just put jeans in hot bath water, and have some water bottles hold it down. Then ill hang dry outside in the sun, and when its almost dry, ill wear them again to stretch.

I think the 31 does fit a bit better, feels a little less baggy when i wear it. I think the reason why it looks tighter in crotch area, is maybe cause i pulled it a tiny bit higher up on waist. I dont think i will buy a size 30, dont wanna be that uncomfortable. I think this size i have now is gonna be good for me because when it shrinks, it will be even tighter, then when it stretches out a bit, it should be perfect again.

It says rigid on the white tag on the waist, so it really got me confused if i got the right color. I looked closely at the rivets and button and compared it to zappos website's black stf. The button and rivet is different color.... Then i compared it to the black stf on levis website, and its the exact same one. Im pretty sure these are black stf because the rigids look blue and these dont look blue at all.

I think it does look pretty good before wash, and i hope it shrinks nicely to my leg shape and give me good stacks and lines. I dont really like the cuffed look, so imma leave it as is, and get more stacks :D
August 3, 2012 @ 09:14 PM
vvind

im gonna start debadging my levis, dont really like the red tab on back pocket, the pocket stiching and the brown tag size. I want a nice and clean look and people would have to guess what im wearing :D
August 3, 2012 @ 09:48 PM
slap

1. Just turn the faucet to as hot as it can go.
2. No you don't need to wear them. I personally soaked them inside out (to converse some color), hang dry, wear while damp.
3. All "raw" denim from Levis have rigid on them. You should be good. I'm sure the that you got the black one. Different hardwear is used every season, so I wouldn't stress over that.
4. YES, they look personally pretty good before wash, so definitely share your experience with them.
5. Stacks on stacks on stacks cool

BTW, where did you get these? And for what price? I'm looking for some STF, but I want to spend sub $35 if possible haha.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 3, 2012 @ 10:12 PM
vvind

http://www.zappos.com/levis-mens-501-original-shrink-to-fit-jeans-black-shrink-to-fit

i got it here at zappos.. they are good. They have 1 day free shipping so its fast! I really wanted this one, look at the black stf carefully on the front, the buttons are dark silver and rivets are black. I really like this because it blends in very nicely. I dont like the shiny bronze rivets i see on some jeans, looks so bad!

When i received the jeans.. zappos didnt send me exactly what was in their picture. sad
I got the same black stf as on the levis.com website
http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3683211&&cp=3146842.3146854.11301980
If you look closely at the button and rivets, its kinda brown color.. which is not bad i guess, atleast its not shiny bronze.

I recommend buying from zappos, they give you up to 365 days for returns and 1 day free shipping. Cost me about 54$ shipped.

Next pair of stf, i will want a blue color, most likely indigo, because ive seen some nice faded indigos, but none for sale now so will have to wait.
August 3, 2012 @ 10:13 PM
vvind

oh and i just finished debadging everything, i think it looks so much better now so cleannnn
no brown size tag, no red tab, took out the V shape stitching on back pocket.

time to go get it soaked,,!
August 3, 2012 @ 11:28 PM
vvind

soaked for about 35mins
its hanging right now, the jeans doesnt look like it shrinked that much
i guess i wont really know until i wear them
if its still really baggy, should i hot soak it again but use even hotter water? boiling water? lol or put in dryer for short time to shrink it to the perfect size?
August 3, 2012 @ 11:52 PM
vvind

ok i think i know what to do
if its still baggy
i will soak it again for longer time and put hotter water

check out this link, the post by hookups63
he soaked his 501s for 5 hrs in hot water lol and the fit looks pretty good.
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/12418-levis-501-shrink-to-fit-stf/page__st__1290
August 4, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
slap

Yeah, I soaked mine in HOT (steaming) water for about 2 hours.
I'm thinking you need to soak more, but trial and error.

They looked pretty good "presoak" so they should come out find.

August 4, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
vvind

its my bday today lol and im gonna go out for dinner in about 2 hrs
i dont know if it will be dry enough by that time... im hang drying it indoors
i dont know if i want to wear damp wet jeans to dinner and i probably wont be home until late
so when i come home, it should be dry already, think this will still be ok?
maybe i should resoak it another day and do the process again,and get a slimmer fit
think my 35min soak wasnt long enough
if i soak for 2 hrs+. i guess every 40mins can drain and refill the bathtub with hot water, so its constant in hot water
August 4, 2012 @ 07:38 AM
vvind

ok im home
the jeans are still damp and not fully dry yet
tried them on and took some quick pictures. I compared my soaked stf to the one im returning. In the beginning, they both had the same waist size and length. After comparing the two, the one i soaked, shrunk about 2inches in the inseam and about 0.5 inch in the waist. Its definitely a bit tighter now but still able to wear it. In the pictures the front view, the knee looks kinda weird, i dont know if its because it shrunk bad, or i just gotta pull the jeans to right position. Should i shrink it some more? Im going camping tomorrow, so imma leave my jeans til monday when im back, then i can decide if i want to shrink it some more. and sorry 2 of the pictures are blurry lol. im out,,,, be back monday!
August 8, 2012 @ 07:50 PM
please

These are levi's 510, but I have some 510s that don't look like these. They sag at the bottom of the pant leg instead of stack and stay tight around calf to ankle, are there anyways I can get my jeans to look like this?
August 8, 2012 @ 08:23 PM
Miles_Morales

What's your favorite fit that Levi's makes? i've fallen in love with my 513's
August 8, 2012 @ 08:44 PM
Miles_Morales

Hey guys I have a serious question. I bought a pair of khaki 511's but I washed them after 2 uses (newbie mistake, i know) and now they have gotten a bit stiff. I can still move in them, but you can literally hear the jeans fold back in forth when i walk forward.. how do I get them back to a soft/worn feeling?
August 8, 2012 @ 11:05 PM
jbanger

^ just keep wearing, they'll eventually soften
August 9, 2012 @ 01:51 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

just keep wearing them and they're Khaki's so you can wash when ever.
August 10, 2012 @ 11:32 PM
rabbitman

so im gonna buy some levis 511 kahkis. i already have a pair of 511 jeans that are 31x32. would i be safe with 31x32 for the khakis as well, or does the sizing for those run differently?
http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12302215&clickid=cart

be careful what you pretend to be

August 10, 2012 @ 11:33 PM
slap

^ personally, I had to size down 1 for trousers.

Size 32 in 511 jeans, 31 in 511 trousers.

August 12, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
Miles_Morales

got another question. Just picked up some 514's, and noticed they aren't as tapered below the knee as i'm used to feeling in my 511's. Is there a way to taper my jeans from the knee down?
August 13, 2012 @ 03:11 AM
cbk

Take it to your tailor and have them taper your jeans, unless you can do it yourself. 514's are a slim straight fit so its expected to not be tapered. 511's are skinny so the taper has to be there to give the look.
August 13, 2012 @ 07:11 AM
bryangeee

Do 511s shrink when washed? If so how much? I usually wear 510s but i'm trying to go for a looser fit yet keep it skinny

"Diamond Life is a state of mind, not how much you own" - Nick Tershay

August 14, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
peter1234930

Do 511s shrink when washed? If so how much? I usually wear 510s but i'm trying to go for a looser fit yet keep it skinny

From my experience they don't shrink much at all. My 32x34's have an inseam of almost exactly 34 after maybe 20 washings, and my 30x32's are actually a little longer than 32 inches in the inseam after being washed many times.

Does anyone know if 511 "Rigid" jeans are actually raw denim? I bought a pair a few days ago for the hell of it but idk if they're actually raw denim. They are stiff and smell strange if that helps. They have a black patch, black tag, and black stitching as well
August 14, 2012 @ 01:20 AM
slap

They do shrink slightly (around legs and approx 1/2" in waist), but they quickly stretch out after~30 minutes of wear.
They won't shrink in length.

Depends on the model, but yes, "Rigid" is Levi's term for raw.
Quick test: Put a drop of water on the jeans, rub a piece of paper on it. Did the dye rub off? If so = raw => it will fade.

August 14, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
peter1234930

Depends on the model, but yes, "Rigid" is Levi's term for raw.
Quick test: Put a drop of water on the jeans, rub a piece of paper on it. Did the dye rub off? If so = raw => it will fade.

Hmm... well i tried that and no dye rubbed off. So they aren't raw I guess. That's disappointing
August 14, 2012 @ 03:39 AM
slap

Oh yeah? Can you link the model/color? If it has the "Rigid" label, I'm very surprised.

August 14, 2012 @ 04:36 PM
peter1234930

I looked at their website and couldnt find the same ones, but I took some pictures of them:

That's with flash, and they look a lot more blue than they do in person.

Front, color is more accurate

Here's the back, I took the patch off

Black patch as well
August 14, 2012 @ 05:16 PM
almondania

just got the levis nike sb 511s today. they are freaking sweet.

You lucky ass. I want a pair sooo fucking bad.
August 14, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
kevii

does levis have any black waxed 511's?? And if so where could i get them at??
August 14, 2012 @ 07:07 PM
m3rcy

Hey guys. I'm looking for some advice on my jeans.

I wear 501s(regular) 36x32 (which is weird because I see most of you with a smaller waist than length, and i'm pretty skinny. I'm in shape but i'm lean. 5'11 160. I remember trying on smaller sizes and they didn't fit well.) I could include pictures if that would help you guys give me advice.

anyways, I don't really like how the 501's look on me. They seem too baggy and not tapered well? I've never tried wearing skinny jeans. It just doesn't seem like my style and seems uncomfortable but after reading the last few pages, maybe I will try it. I don't want "skinny" jeans, more so I want "fitted" jeans. I don't mind sagging a little either. So ya, any suggestions on what I should try?

And any thoughts on the sizing considering my size? I will definitely go try them on but I want to get an idea.
August 21, 2012 @ 07:59 PM
/msf

anyone recognize model?

Please login first to reply.