The Official Samurai Denim and Apparel Thread

Sep 28, 2010 @ 02:08
Copped the earth elemental version of the book of the 5 rings series...

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=7053&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Ordered size 30 on rakuten

Hopefully they'll be in by next week.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

Sep 28, 2010 @ 02:38
Hello everyone. Jean newbie here, reporting for duty. Nice to meet you all!

I shall cut right to the chase. I'm really interested in picking up these jeans I saw on Rakuten's website. Below is the link to them:

en.item.rakuten.com/kamainj/10007588/

The only thing is, they're listed as being part of the "Samurai Series" under the item tag [and I hear they are simply incredible jeans], but in the item listing, I see them being called as "DPSR". Now I'm not sure if DPSR are an "off-brand" from the Samurai Series or not, but I'd really hate to spend the money on a sub-par pair of jeans I thought were part of the Samurai Series line.

Also, I noticed they are listed in size, from Small to Extra-Large, and not the traditional 29, 30, 31, and so on. I'm a 29 waist [and preferably 32 length or so], so which of the selection should I choose if I were to purchase them? I did the conversion, and it seems that Small would be the closest match to me , but then, I heard they like to shrink quite a bit with the pre-soak...

One more thing . If I were to order a few other items through the website [via various shops], would I pay seperate shipping fees for each, or would they group them all into one shipment [for those familiar with the site]? Since it's coming all of the way here to Canada, that would be quite the unsatifactory event.

I thank you for your time, Jean Guru's. I await your response, if you'd be so kind.

*Vysethevaliant sits cross-legged as he anticipates the enlightenment.*

Edit - Ah! It appears I already got an answer to my shipping question. Seperate charges, hmm? May have to just order the jeans for now...

Now if I can just figure out if these DPSR jeans are good quality or not, I can place my order. blushing
Sep 28, 2010 @ 08:28
Ahh, the smell is gone from the jeans but it looks like I cummed all over the place lmfao!

PICS SOON! I think it looks cool.
Sep 28, 2010 @ 16:18
Hello everyone. Jean newbie here, reporting for duty. Nice to meet you all!

I shall cut right to the chase. I'm really interested in picking up these jeans I saw on Rakuten's website. Below is the link to them:

en.item.rakuten.com/kamainj/10007588/

The only thing is, they're listed as being part of the "Samurai Series" under the item tag [and I hear they are simply incredible jeans], but in the item listing, I see them being called as "DPSR". Now I'm not sure if DPSR are an "off-brand" from the Samurai Series or not, but I'd really hate to spend the money on a sub-par pair of jeans I thought were part of the Samurai Series line.

Also, I noticed they are listed in size, from Small to Extra-Large, and not the traditional 29, 30, 31, and so on. I'm a 29 waist [and preferably 32 length or so], so which of the selection should I choose if I were to purchase them? I did the conversion, and it seems that Small would be the closest match to me , but then, I heard they like to shrink quite a bit with the pre-soak...

One more thing . If I were to order a few other items through the website [via various shops], would I pay seperate shipping fees for each, or would they group them all into one shipment [for those familiar with the site]? Since it's coming all of the way here to Canada, that would be quite the unsatifactory event.

I thank you for your time, Jean Guru's. I await your response, if you'd be so kind.

*Vysethevaliant sits cross-legged as he anticipates the enlightenment.*

Edit - Ah! It appears I already got an answer to my shipping question. Seperate charges, hmm? May have to just order the jeans for now...

Now if I can just figure out if these DPSR jeans are good quality or not, I can place my order. blushing

Those are not Samurai brand jeans. I am not familiar with those jeans, but looking at the pictures of them, they appear to be several steps below Samurai in quality. On Rakuten, a lot of non-Samurai stuff manages to get into the Samurai brand section, presumably for more exposure.

For sizing, it looks like all of the sizes will be too big for you. The measurement chart says that the size small has a waist measurement of just over 31". These jeans have been prewashed, so they won't shrink significantly at all.

Separate items at separate stores in Rakuten will incur separate shipping charges. As a matter of fact, Rakuten doesn't even let you complete checkout with more than one store at a time.
Sep 28, 2010 @ 16:46
Those are not Samurai brand jeans. I am not familiar with those jeans, but looking at the pictures of them, they appear to be several steps below Samurai in quality. On Rakuten, a lot of non-Samurai stuff manages to get into the Samurai brand section, presumably for more exposure.

For sizing, it looks like all of the sizes will be too big for you. The measurement chart says that the size small has a waist measurement of just over 31". These jeans have been prewashed, so they won't shrink significantly at all.

Separate items at separate stores in Rakuten will incur separate shipping charges. As a matter of fact, Rakuten doesn't even let you complete checkout with more than one store at a time.

Perfection, thanks so much for the reply. I should have expected as much, considering how cheap they were.

I think I found a new pair of jeans that might suit me better, and they even offer a free hem if I desire it.

en.item.rakuten.com/bruno/17062/.

I know these typically go two sizes larger than their tag, so a 28 would be a 30, but I wear a belt, and they might shrink A BIT after my first wash, so it should be good. Although, the model in the picture is about my height, and are wearing the size 28, so maybe the length might be perfect for me. And I know Edwin is generally a pretty good brand. Maybe not to the quality of the Samurai Series, but I really don't have $300 to spend on jeans right now. smh

I thank you again for the reply. I'll have to bite the bullet and pay shipping twice, one for these jeans, and another for a very nice jacket I have my eye on. Oh yes...it will be an expensive month, but I must have them! blushing
Sep 28, 2010 @ 17:05
Perfection, thanks so much for the reply. I should have expected as much, considering how cheap they were.

I think I found a new pair of jeans that might suit me better, and they even offer a free hem if I desire it.

en.item.rakuten.com/bruno/17062/.

I know these typically go two sizes larger than their tag, so a 28 would be a 30, but I wear a belt, and they might shrink A BIT after my first wash, so it should be good. Although, the model in the picture is about my height, and are wearing the size 28, so maybe the length might be perfect for me. And I know Edwin is generally a pretty good brand. Maybe not to the quality of the Samurai Series, but I really don't have $300 to spend on jeans right now. smh

I thank you again for the reply. I'll have to bite the bullet and pay shipping twice, one for these jeans, and another for a very nice jacket I have my eye on. Oh yes...it will be an expensive month, but I must have them! blushing

Yes, Edwin is a reputable brand, I don't think you'd go wrong with them.

For sizing, though, I think that these will be too big for you too. The 28 comes out to almost a 31" waist, if you look at the measurement charts. And because these are also prewashed, they won't shrink significantly, and they'll stretch out some as you wear them, too, even with a belt.
Sep 28, 2010 @ 17:14
Originally posted by Inactive User

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=7053&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

too dope
these are hot
Sep 28, 2010 @ 18:28
the day i buy a $398 jeans
smokeyface
Sep 28, 2010 @ 19:02
Originally posted by Inactive User

Yeah man take care of those. The fades should be crazy

http://aphganistan.tumblr.com

Sep 28, 2010 @ 19:02
Yes, Edwin is a reputable brand, I don't think you'd go wrong with them.

For sizing, though, I think that these will be too big for you too. The 28 comes out to almost a 31" waist, if you look at the measurement charts. And because these are also prewashed, they won't shrink significantly, and they'll stretch out some as you wear them, too, even with a belt.

Hmm, still a size issue, hmm? Well, the jeans I'm wearing now are a 31", and they're not too loose with the belt [29" is my preferred waist size, but 30" is good as well], so even if it stretches to a 31" [or even a little more], I should be alright. And with a hot pre-soak [and then thrown in the dryer afterwards], it should shrink them a tiny bit, shouldn't it, even if they've already been pre-shrunk?

If not...I could always sell the jeans to one of my "larger" friends. I'm sure they'd take them off my hands.

I just really like the style of these jeans. I need to make it work somehow! And thanks again for your response. This forum is great for getting help. blushing
Sep 28, 2010 @ 23:09
I'm about a month in to wearing my 710s, and I have a major hip flare l0l. Any way of fixing this or just wear it out?

WWW.SEQUENCE.US

Sep 29, 2010 @ 00:36
how many soaks have you done?
Sep 29, 2010 @ 01:06
Like 2-3 presoaks, I forgot lol.

WWW.SEQUENCE.US

Sep 29, 2010 @ 17:13
teaser

Sep 29, 2010 @ 20:37
shitty phone pics

Sep 29, 2010 @ 20:47
^ nice, how long?

WWW.SEQUENCE.US

Sep 30, 2010 @ 00:39
Number of washes and soaks?

Oct 02, 2010 @ 10:01
white tabbin
Oct 02, 2010 @ 14:25
fresh
Oct 02, 2010 @ 15:12
Damn. The biggest reason I got the white tab is cause I didn't think anyone else would really have em. Now everyone does

Oct 02, 2010 @ 15:24
i got em cause i hate arcs and i like knowing i can exchange them @ BiG if i change my mind

besides 90% of the sams i see have reb teds and arcs...kinda tired of that
Oct 03, 2010 @ 01:02
size 32

for reference im 5'8 @ 160 lbs....i prob measure 33-33.5" around my waist

pre soak

after 30min hot soak

i wouldnt mind if they were just a tiny bit slimmer in the legs, should i hot soak again?
Oct 03, 2010 @ 01:05
- of course i plan on hemming
Oct 03, 2010 @ 02:10
Snuff, you still rocking those PBJ xx-013s?
Oct 03, 2010 @ 02:11
na i returned those pbjs for these. the pbjs fit me good but the cut was slimmer then what i was looking for
Oct 03, 2010 @ 02:22
i wouldnt mind if they were just a tiny bit slimmer in the legs, should i hot soak again?

Initial hot washes before wear. Fuck a soak.
Oct 03, 2010 @ 09:11
lookin to get atleast another .25" off the legs, how long should i hot wash them for? and hang dry or dryer?

so far they only got a 30min hot soak
Oct 03, 2010 @ 10:25
^ To get all the shrinkage out of Samurai's, you gotta do more than just 1 hot soak. People usually do 1-3 hot washes to get it all out.
Oct 03, 2010 @ 14:25
I always do one with some detergent. It usually gets 90-95% of the initial shrink out. Dryer for better shrinking.
Oct 04, 2010 @ 22:17
I wish Samurai's never faded. The are so good post soak.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0