Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 13, 2009 @ 09:34 PM
xwikdx

help
Hi, I just finished my first pair of denim (nudie even steven) and im looking for a new pair similar to this fit i like the small leg opening and the fit...The thing is i dont want another pair of nudies i want to try a new pair...anyone have any suggestions got around 300 to spend..
April 13, 2009 @ 09:35 PM
BPA

Anyone know or know where to find measurements for lvc '47 501xx?
April 13, 2009 @ 09:58 PM
kaboom

I just some my Levis STFs. Should I soak them now or wait wear them a little more before I soak. Also how should I go about soaking them. I don't want them to shrink too much.
April 13, 2009 @ 10:19 PM
Bob Sacamano

Once I soak, how long will it take to fully hang dry?
April 14, 2009 @ 02:42 AM
DaTruth1

What are some black jeans that will fade nicely kinda like indigo jeans?
April 14, 2009 @ 04:17 AM
Ezra

This thread is long on questions and short on answers. I knew I should have asked the magic 8 ball|0
April 14, 2009 @ 10:02 AM
keeeeef318

^^
qft
April 14, 2009 @ 10:08 AM
F/22

I just some my Levis STFs. Should I soak them now or wait wear them a little more before I soak. Also how should I go about soaking them. I don't want them to shrink too much.

Waist - 32"
Front Rise - 11"
Back Rise - 14"
Upper Thigh - 10.5" x 2 = 21"
Inseam - 34"

measurements for a waist of 32 off oc sufu
April 14, 2009 @ 04:12 PM
BPA

^^is that for the regular 501 stf?
April 14, 2009 @ 07:07 PM
BackLike45'

^^
qft

wrong. if you actually read you would learn more.

1) Why is Diesel the point of reference for most sizing questions? Are they known for sizing consistency and being very true to size, or is it that they are just so popular most people know what their diesel size is? It's kinda annoying because I have never even tried on a pair of diesel and don't really want to.

2) What are the advantages of STF over sanforized? I've never had a pair, but just ordered some (flat head). I ordered them because they look so good, but the STF process is a little daunting.

diesel isn't used as a reference here at all. i have no idea where this idea came from...most people here don't even rock diesel. every company has their own special sizing and you can't compare diesel to Flathead any more than you can compare apples to oranges. if you don't want to try on a pair of diesel then don't. size jeans according to the brand...not some other brand.

there are no "advantages" of STF over sanforized, again each brand has their specialty and it's just a matter of preference. STF "shrinks to fit" and does just that. people prefer fitted jeans and STF, when sized correctly, provides the perfect fit. sanforized denim is made in such a way that it doesn't shrink too much and ends up shrinking OUT of fit.

With STF denim, is max shrinkage usually obtained after an initial 45 minute hot soak? I'm talking about flathead denim here, to be specific. WOuld additional hot soaks shrink it more or does it, in effect, become sanforized after the first hot soak?

...oh yeah, and what about that diesel question!
Also, why is there something rather than nothing?

the diesel question is totally irrelevant to Flathead. SMALL Questions. SMALL Questions. not an intellectual debate.

maximum shrinkage differs with the denim..brands like samurai continue to shrink until the 3rd of 4th wash/soak. with Flathead you will not get all the shrinkage done after a 45min hot soak. additional hot soaks will shrink it more. and you cant sanforize denim...it has to be prepared that way. Flathead is unsanforized.

This thread is long on questions and short on answers. I knew I should have asked the magic 8 ball|0

if you actually read a couple pages back most of your questions were already answered. and people actually have lives...we don't have to answer your questions, we aren't obligated...we sure as hell aren't getting paid. so next time be patient. smh.
April 14, 2009 @ 07:08 PM
BackLike45'

Got a pair of NS in the mail due in friday. I live in Seattle will rain fuck up how they fade or wash the starch out at all? Cause it fucking pours here some days

rain doesn't fuck up denim. it's just water. worst thing it will do is get rid of some starch. fading still occurs, just wear them.
April 14, 2009 @ 07:16 PM
BackLike45'

Hi, I just finished my first pair of denim (nudie even steven) and im looking for a new pair similar to this fit i like the small leg opening and the fit...The thing is i dont want another pair of nudies i want to try a new pair...anyone have any suggestions got around 300 to spend..

try warehouse dubbleworks 660. or pbj 005 or 007. or sugar cane 1966. all small legs openings and similar measurements. research further if you are interested.
April 14, 2009 @ 07:20 PM
BackLike45'

What are some black jeans that will fade nicely kinda like indigo jeans?

any samurai bk models/flathead bk/skull bk. imo all black jeans fade just as nicely if you put effort into them. they just take more time to fade.

Once I soak, how long will it take to fully hang dry?

just hang them and dry them and be patient. put it near a fan or something to quicken the process. don't worry, they will dry eventually.

soak them now (before you wear them) in warm water for 30-45 mins. then hang dry them.
April 14, 2009 @ 08:11 PM
Ezra

Hey BlackLike45, thanks for your helpful answers. And yes, of course I know people have lives and participate on forums like this voluntarily. I was just joking. In fact, I have a life too, so beyond doing some due diligence with a search (which I did), I don't have time to read a whole thread of random questions in the hopes that my specific random questions will be answered.

Anyhow ty again. Your answers were helpful.
April 15, 2009 @ 11:15 AM
keeeeef318

wrong. if you actually read you would learn more.

diesel isn't used as a reference here at all. i have no idea where this idea came from...most people here don't even rock diesel. every company has their own special sizing and you can't compare diesel to Flathead any more than you can compare apples to oranges. if you don't want to try on a pair of diesel then don't. size jeans according to the brand...not some other brand.

there are no "advantages" of STF over sanforized, again each brand has their specialty and it's just a matter of preference. STF "shrinks to fit" and does just that. people prefer fitted jeans and STF, when sized correctly, provides the perfect fit. sanforized denim is made in such a way that it doesn't shrink too much and ends up shrinking OUT of fit.

the diesel question is totally irrelevant to Flathead. SMALL Questions. SMALL Questions. not an intellectual debate.

maximum shrinkage differs with the denim..brands like samurai continue to shrink until the 3rd of 4th wash/soak. with Flathead you will not get all the shrinkage done after a 45min hot soak. additional hot soaks will shrink it more. and you cant sanforize denim...it has to be prepared that way. Flathead is unsanforized.

if you actually read a couple pages back most of your questions were already answered. and people actually have lives...we don't have to answer your questions, we aren't obligated...we sure as hell aren't getting paid. so next time be patient. smh.

Actually nope but ok... but anyhow if you were refering to my question then you would have known that I was talking about denim that I don't think very many people have ever worn and or have had experience with, but regardless of that your answers did help everyone else. (no beef) I was just hoping somone else out there might have had a pair longer than me so I could see what they did with it.
April 15, 2009 @ 01:03 PM
BackLike45'

^
oh, i didn't see your question from before. i try my best to get to everyone if tech or other peeps don't answer, sometimes i forget. and no the above statements were not directed at you aside from the first part. if you want you can ask tech if you can make an official maiden noir thread. apart from that i have no prior experience but i would guess that it has plenty of life left...one year with black denim isn't equivalent to one year with indigo. bks are very stubborn and fade a lot slower.
April 15, 2009 @ 01:33 PM
Local Lad

Will black denim fade to grey-ish colors?
If i cuff it, will this leave marks? because I dont want honeycombs up to my a$$
April 15, 2009 @ 03:24 PM
lawlercon

hope this is the right thread. i apologize if it isn't. i'm currently alternating between two pairs of mishka alexeis.

to tuck or not to tuck behind the tongue when wearing high tops?

i've been battling back and forth and i just cant pull off the stacks the way i want to. post pictures of tucking with high tops.
April 15, 2009 @ 03:56 PM
F/22

^^is that for the regular 501 stf?

that was for a pair of lvc 1947
April 15, 2009 @ 03:58 PM
F/22

Will black denim fade to grey-ish colors?
If i cuff it, will this leave marks? because I dont want honeycombs up to my a$$

www.rawselvedge.com/about.html
depends on the denim
it will turn slightly greyish from what ive seen.

and if you cuff yes the crease will leave a fade.
What i do is cuff when you want too, but when you take your jeans off and hang them fold them or whatever you do remove the cuff.
April 15, 2009 @ 07:37 PM
deetXpeep

Who makes good quality slubby denim?
So far I only know of Samurai and Sugar Cane..
April 15, 2009 @ 09:54 PM
BackLike45'

^
pure blue japan is reputed to be one of the slubbiest. eternal 811. skulls. oni shoais. flathead also has some irregularities but not as much as the aforementioned brands. lvc 47s. studio d'artisan sd-103. there are a lot of slubby denim out there.
April 15, 2009 @ 09:57 PM
BackLike45'

hope this is the right thread. i apologize if it isn't. i'm currently alternating between two pairs of mishka alexeis.

to tuck or not to tuck behind the tongue when wearing high tops?

i've been battling back and forth and i just cant pull off the stacks the way i want to. post pictures of tucking with high tops.

if i were you i would lace them right and not rock them with the tongues out. so it's a no on the tucking. the tongues push back the denim and squish it against your feet. let them fall naturally on top of the shoe. even though the tongues out gives it that "urban feel."
April 16, 2009 @ 02:53 AM
Sonic

uniqlo. apc. naked and famous. ande whall. under the 200 range. more but im too sleepy. rrl (if you scavenge for it at marshalls or tj max)

if you are really active you are just buying some time. for a better repair job get a tailor to do it since your repairs are coming undone. maybe they can do a better job. that is, if you want to stick with them.

i say its time for a new pair. just keep the 501s on the side, don't throw away 1 year of work just cause they're blown to smithereens.

Ahhh, I forgot that a while ago I was looking at Naked and Famous. Made in Canada too, if memory serves. Cheers brother. I'll probably pass on the tailer, but I'll definitely keep my 501s around for skating/shitty weather days/painting/whatever.

EDIT YOU GUYS: While I'm at it, might as well ask. I'm assuming the weight of the denim has something to do with its durability? (Coupled with things like how hard you wear it, of course). I'm looking at naked and famous now, with most of the stuff being around 12 oz. Is that typical? I might go with something heavier in the future if it's going to ensure I don't have to use a needle and thread every few months to keep the cold breeze off my inner leg. Anyone know what weight 501XX are? New Standards? My homie has some 21 oz Samurais, and I don't think I'd go that thick (summer soon anyway, right), but if I could find something not so heavy that I couldn't bend my legs but not so light that less than a year of ordinary wear renders them destroyed in certain areas. I'd appreaciate it a big huggy bunch.
April 16, 2009 @ 10:15 AM
deetXpeep

^
pure blue japan is reputed to be one of the slubbiest. eternal 811. skulls. oni shoais. flathead also has some irregularities but not as much as the aforementioned brands. lvc 47s. studio d'artisan sd-103. there are a lot of slubby denim out there.

Thanks.

Im just being super indecisive about my next denim purchase.
Right now im liking 660's, FH1001's, and Samurai 710's.
But I change it up almost everyday...

Any other slim jeans I may want to look at??
April 16, 2009 @ 10:34 AM
BackLike45'

My homie has some 21 oz Samurais, and I don't think I'd go that thick (summer soon anyway, right), but if I could find something not so heavy that I couldn't bend my legs but not so light that less than a year of ordinary wear renders them destroyed in certain areas. I'd appreaciate it a big huggy bunch.

some people would say that the heavier the denim the more durable. that's partly true, usually people overlook the other aspects of the jeans like stitching, construction etc. etc. heavier is constructed better and is therefore synonymous with quality but not always. 12 oz is normal, if i remember correctly that's like normal levis. for the summer, 12-17 oz is good. get anything in that range, apc, sam5000 etc. i was able to stand the heat in apcs. im pushing it with 19 oz this summer.
April 16, 2009 @ 10:35 AM
F/22

Thanks.

Im just being super indecisive about my next denim purchase.
Right now im liking 660's, FH1001's, and Samurai 710's.
But I change it up almost everyday...

skulls 50-10xx 6x6
April 16, 2009 @ 10:40 AM
BackLike45'

np, and imo its between the flathead and sammies. both fade well (the best imo) and the slub is perfect, not too much, not too little. cheep recently posted the dubbleworks in evo thread, go peep to compare. i usually look for how denim will turn out before i buy and let that be the driving force behind my purchase.

as far as other brands with skinny fit, iron heart (idk if slubby), new self edge x imp coming out. se x sugarcane. kicking mule, lots of slim fit but flathead and sams put the slub you want into the equation.
April 16, 2009 @ 11:56 AM
deetXpeep

np, and imo its between the flathead and sammies. both fade well (the best imo) and the slub is perfect, not too much, not too little. cheep recently posted the dubbleworks in evo thread, go peep to compare. i usually look for how denim will turn out before i buy and let that be the driving force behind my purchase.

as far as other brands with skinny fit, iron heart (idk if slubby), new self edge x imp coming out. se x sugarcane. kicking mule, lots of slim fit but flathead and sams put the slub you want into the equation.

Yea the fading on the 660's is what turned me on to them. I know Iron Heart's are super nice but I think they're known for very smooth denim with a lot of sheen..I could be wrong though...

Its going to be a tough decision.
April 16, 2009 @ 12:41 PM
Sonic

some people would say that the heavier the denim the more durable. that's partly true, usually people overlook the other aspects of the jeans like stitching, construction etc. etc. heavier is constructed better and is therefore synonymous with quality but not always. 12 oz is normal, if i remember correctly that's like normal levis. for the summer, 12-17 oz is good. get anything in that range, apc, sam5000 etc. i was able to stand the heat in apcs. im pushing it with 19 oz this summer.

Cheers homie, good to hear that those 3 extra ounces won't be the death of me this summer. Yeah, unless I come up with a miracle jean in the next month, I think I'll invest in a pair of Naked and Famous.

Thanks again Beasts, I knew I could count on you.

Please login first to reply.