hype cog
HYPEBEAST Forums is currently frozen. Threads and posts are still available to view. A new community initiative is being developed and will be rolled out soon.

[Official] Ale, Beer, Brew discussion and reviews

Sep 12, 2013 @ 05:15
Been meaning to try Sculpin and Marin IPA
Sep 12, 2013 @ 05:30
Dark Horse and Brooklyn Brewery Ale 

http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

Sep 13, 2013 @ 01:53
you get aussie beers over there
I picked up a Renaissance Imperial Pale Ale today, it's from NZ. They have a whole line of Renaissance PAs, English, American, and India at the LCBO I went to today. As for Aussie, I've never checked. Anything to keep my eyes open for?

And REVS, I'm down for a trade. Probably could do a Oktoberfest/Pumpkin/Harvest trade given the season. I'll get you a list of the better ones available. Maybe we can set up a winter trade too, we get some solid winter brews out of Ontario.

If anyone knows the laws about shipping beer, it'd help. I'm down to mislabel, but liquid is heavy, so it creates suspicion at the border I'd imagine. From what I've read, USPS/Canada Post are easier than UPS/FedEx
I'd mislabel it too. I've been reading about it, seems like it shouldn't be too hard, it may be a hassle if they flag it and want to contact shippers for more information on the package, but I'm not sweatin' it. And I read that USPS/Canada is the easiest too. Hit me up with a list. I'm about to try and find some new stuff. I've never traded like this, so I'm interested to try some new brews. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

Sep 15, 2013 @ 22:33
I'm thinking that trading two cellar-able beers(600-750mL) and one of your favourite regular bottles.

From this area/season, I'd probably be thinking:

Muskoka Harvest Ale (~7%, 750mL, corked) - A bit salty, potato chip-like flavour, Great for cool fall nights.
Flying Monkeys x City and Colour Imperial Maple Wheat(~11.5%, 750mL, capped and boxed) - Sweet, lots of maple flavour. Surprisingly, not overly boozey given the high abv. Imagine Frosted Flakes in beer form.
Dieu du Ciel Derniere Volonte Belgian IPA (~7%, 341mL, capped) Favourite everyday beer of mine. Montreal's take on a Belgian IPA. Not 'overly' hoppy like traditional IPAs, but not devoid of bitterness either.

Basically works out to a $25 purchase. Iunno with postage though, without setting up a bogus eBay sale, I don't know how to make Canada > USA cheap, 'cause I know ~2 litres of weight will run ~$20. I'm going to be buying a few of each of those seasonals anyway, so maybe we can finalise for beginning of October. 

narsha.narsha.narsha

This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.