Is Jay-Z Profiting from Occupy Wall Street?

In what surely seems like a a cruel joke, it’s being reported by Business Insider that Jay-Z is

Fashion
128 Hypes 0 Comments

In what surely seems like a a cruel joke, it’s being reported by Business Insider that Jay-Z is going to potentially be profiting off of the Occupy Wall Street protest that has captured the heart of the 99 percent. Through his Rocawear clothing imprint, Jay has plastered the Occupy Wall Street message on a T-shirt that’s currently available for pre-order via the brand’s website. Thus far, there are no plans of distributing any of the earnings from it to the movement that he’s capitalizing off of. As a member of the top 1 percent, it seems like Jay-Z’s 99 problems involve the other 99 percent. What do you guys think, should Jay-Z be profiting from a movement that is looking to expose the disparity between rich and poor?

Read Full Article

What to Read Next

JAY-Z Is Finally on Instagram
Music

JAY-Z Is Finally on Instagram

Ahead of the premiere of ‘The Harder They Fall.’

JAY-Z Deactivates Instagram After Just One Day
Music

JAY-Z Deactivates Instagram After Just One Day

Guess we won’t be receiving any words of wisdom from Hov.

Pharrell Reveals That JAY-Z Writes His Rhymes in a Falsetto Tone
Music

Pharrell Reveals That JAY-Z Writes His Rhymes in a Falsetto Tone

Calling Hov’s creative process “odd” yet “amazing.”


Meek Mill Teases New Collab With JAY-Z
Music

Meek Mill Teases New Collab With JAY-Z

Sharing photos of them in the studio that were reportedly taken during July 4.

Feist - How Come You Never Go There? (Clock Opera Remix)
Music 

Feist - How Come You Never Go There? (Clock Opera Remix)

Finishing up shows with Metronomy and lining up the announcement of their debut album due in

"We Was Them Kids …" Group Exhibition @ HVW8 Art + Design Gallery
Art

"We Was Them Kids …" Group Exhibition @ HVW8 Art + Design Gallery

In 2007, Tyler Gibney and Addison Liu opened the HVW8 Art + Design Gallery in Los Angeles, placing

Raekwon featuring Capone-N-Noreaga - Chupacabra
Music 

Raekwon featuring Capone-N-Noreaga - Chupacabra

The Chef has prepared a nice audio teaser for his upcoming mixtape, due later this year, in the

Diesel Queen's Road Limited Edition Watch
Watches

Diesel Queen's Road Limited Edition Watch

The Diesel Queen’s Road Limited Edition Watch will be available in four of the more upscale Diesel

Kaskade - Turn It Down (Le Castle Vania Remix)
Music 

Kaskade - Turn It Down (Le Castle Vania Remix)

Courtesy of Dylan Eiland aka Le Castle Vania comes an impressive rework of Kaskade’s hit single


10.Deep 2011 Holiday "Life's a Gamble" Video Preview
Fashion

10.Deep 2011 Holiday "Life's a Gamble" Video Preview

One of New York’s original street brands, 10.Deep is on the cusp of releasing its Holiday 2011

J.Crew Columbus Circle Men's Store
Fashion

J.Crew Columbus Circle Men's Store

Specialty retailer J.Crew just opened its fifth location in NYC. The shop features some of the

Rihanna samples the xx on new album
Music 

Rihanna samples the xx on new album

While Drake is using a sample of Jamie xx’s remix of Gil Scott-Heron’s “I’ll Take Care of U” on

Yelawolf featuring Eminem & Gangsta Boo - Throw It Up
Music 

Yelawolf featuring Eminem & Gangsta Boo - Throw It Up

It is nothing but a country affair on Yelawolf’s new single “Throw It Up,” taken from his his

A Bathing Ape SPECIAL NOVELTY ABC CAMO 3PACKS BOX TISSUE
Design

A Bathing Ape SPECIAL NOVELTY ABC CAMO 3PACKS BOX TISSUE

Care to have your crib BAPE’d out to the utmost degree? With the constant release of novelty items

More ▾
 
Subscribe to our Newsletter

Gain access to exclusive interviews with industry creatives, think pieces, trend forecasts, guides and more.

By subscribing, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Adblock Detected.

We charge advertisers instead of our readers. If you enjoy our content, please add us to your adblocker's whitelist. We'd really appreciated it.