Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 31, 2014 @ 03:24 PM
basedgabe

What's it like transferring? Transferring to Fordham next semester, I'd like to see what it was like for any transferees and their experience. 
it's pretty dope bro
June 2, 2014 @ 07:32 PM
PennyApollo

How much clothes do you guys pack to bring to college?
June 2, 2014 @ 09:38 PM
majdob

Only have room for box logos 
June 2, 2014 @ 09:49 PM
Sentimental

what GE class got the cutest bitches?

Fuck yo feelings.

June 3, 2014 @ 04:26 AM
dosmos

Long Beach State Class of 2018. Trying to transfer out after a year though

Yes

June 3, 2014 @ 07:01 AM
mrchewsasnbeaver

no matter the school, all the cute girls are in nursing classes like anatomy. psychology is number 2. if you're majoring in engineering or cs gl bruh.. rule of thumb: the harder the class, the fewer/uglier the girls 
June 9, 2014 @ 10:05 PM
majdob

Good luck on finals, fellow UC students 
7 days ago
k.ly16

Fuck, I'm a HS Senior and I'm going to get a head start on my application. I know it's a shitload of work and stress and tons of steps. Anyone who's done it wanna give me advice/tips on college apps? And also some cliffs on what's important?

FS Jungle Jacket Size M, worn 2-3 times. 250 OBO FS Street Scene Size M, 35 obo Buy em together and I'll work something out

6 days ago

Fuck, I'm a HS Senior and I'm going to get a head start on my application. I know it's a shitload of work and stress and tons of steps. Anyone who's done it wanna give me advice/tips on college apps? And also some cliffs on what's important?
what are you applying to?
6 days ago
chickenboy

^this. advice kind of depends on where you see yourself going / what your grades are looking like
6 days ago
k.ly16

what are you applying to?
My list
San Diego State
San Jose State
UC Davis
UCSB
USSC
UCSD
USC

FS Jungle Jacket Size M, worn 2-3 times. 250 OBO FS Street Scene Size M, 35 obo Buy em together and I'll work something out

6 days ago
k.ly16

I'm planning on majoring in finance. I've been taking AP classes since freshmen year and my grades have been good. 3.0 GPA. Community service as well. 

6 days ago
musubigoods

no matter the school, all the cute girls are in nursing classes like anatomy. psychology is number 2. if you're majoring in engineering or cs gl bruh.. rule of thumb: the harder the class, the fewer/uglier the girls 
so much truth in this post.
upper division/major classes lack any cute girl at all.
6 days ago
mrchewsasnbeaver

State apps are easy.. just fill out basic high school info and you're done. No essays, nothing. should take no more than 30 mins. you do have to fill out one for each school though which can be annoying. 

UC's are basically the same except you have to write 2 personal statements for a total of 1000 words. You also have to write a couple sentences about each of your extracurriculars. As soon as apps start (oct 1? i think) fill out all the other pages. For the remainder of the month, just work on perfecting your essays. The prompts might even be up already (1 of them is usually the same.) Follow this advice and you'll b stress free 

Now Idk bout finance major, but with 3.0, you're in for states. UC's might be tougher since they use GPA cutoffs. I'd apply to others like Irvine and Riverside as well since all you have to do is check it off when you're applying. USC is a complete crapshoot. Common app is a pain in the ass too.. but if you have any more questions let me know.  

Edit: I HIGHLY recommend considering community college if u haven't alrdy. saves you a butt load of dough + u get your GEs done. You do miss out a bit on the freshmen college experience though if you value that stuff. Think about what you find important then decide. 
6 days ago
jafeel

I'm planning on majoring in finance. I've been taking AP classes since freshmen year and my grades have been good. 3.0 GPA. Community service as well. 
3.0 GPA=good grades???Not shitting on you man but I know for sure a 3.0 GPA aint going to cut it at USC even with your AP and community service 
6 days ago
k.ly16

I appreciate all the responses 

6 days ago
Exotic

UCSB got a really good school of business so shoot for that. Whats your SAT like? judging from your gpa alone you might only get the cal states, ucsc, and davis if you lucky. Unless you're like native american or you wrote a legit ass personal statement.
5 days ago
k.ly16

UCSB got a really good school of business so shoot for that. Whats your SAT like? judging from your gpa alone you might only get the cal states, ucsc, and davis if you lucky. Unless you're like native american or you wrote a legit ass personal statement.
I got an average score for my SAT and ACT

5 days ago
Knxwledge

gg
5 days ago
Exotic

there's still time to retake that shit. how bad do you want it dude? trust me you don't wanna be going to cc for 2 years. All my friends that did it were miserable while I had the best time of my life dormin at a UC. But yeah 3.0 ain't gonna cut it. I remember after UCs accept you, they make you maintain above a 3.0 otherwise they can rescind your acceptance. Like I said tho there's still hope. It just depends on if you're willing to work for it or not. Take a bunch of practice SATs to get familiar with it and then shoot for that 2000+ score 
5 days ago
mrchewsasnbeaver

tbh we know nothing about his situation. he could be a homeless disabled native american for all we know. however, if you're white/asian middle class.. SATs wont save u bro. I got s pretty good score and all I got was UCR. Unless you exhibit a positive trend in GPA during 11th/12th or you're a minority other than asian.. ain't looking too good. 

again highly recommend CC. kill it at CC 2 years and stack ur bread. better doors will open for you than the ones you got right now
5 days ago
Stellar

That's how I feel towards the 2 year route.

Have any of you guys done the TAG program? (2 year CC then transfer)? If so, how was your experience? I understand that the requirements are different for each school, but if you guys would, please share the requirements. Thanks

i can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

5 days ago
mrchewsasnbeaver

all the upper UCs like berk, la, and sd don't do tag anymore. last year was SD's last year. best school to tag now would be SB.. got the cali vibe and great party school (i actually met a dude that decided not to go there bc of elliot rodgers Lmao) 

from my experience its not really necessary.. unless you're deadset on going to that school. as long as your gpa is solid, the schools you tag you'll probably get into anyway. but ya gpa is number 1. my tag fell through for sd cause I got lazy my last year and my gpa dipped below 3.5 
5 days ago
Stellar

Damn, yeah I was reading about SD discontinuing tag. Pretty bummed that SD discontinued because that's where I was hoping to transfer to. I'm thinking about Irvine, Santa Cruz, and Santa Barbara; mostly because a lot of my cousins are alumni. Is there any other way/procedure to transfer from a CC to UC or is the TAG program the only option?

5 days ago
k.ly16

I'm asian but I'm not at all in middle class. I'd probably be able to get financial aid 

5 days ago
mrchewsasnbeaver

I mean you can just straight out apply. It doesn't HAVE to be through TAG. TAG is just a guarantee that if you maintain a certain gpa, you'll be offered admission (not sure about major). You can definitely still go to UCSD. 
5 days ago
Stellar

Oh alright. Thanks for the insight man. Appreciate it

4 days ago
k.ly16

My biggest concern about going to a CC is wasting two years their as well as my units and potentially my freshmen year. However, tbh I'd be lying if I said my financial situation is stable. I don't have a job atm and I'm going into senior yr. ATP, It's between going to a CC for 2 years and going to a UC or apply and hopefully I get in. I wouldn't mind going to a state but I would prefer a UC.

Someone who has taken the alternative CC route to UC please break down whether or not it's worth it and it's overall impact and benefits. I extremely want to get out of Sac, so Sac st and UC Davis would be my last choices. 

4 days ago
Richboy 100 million

My biggest concern about going to a CC is wasting two years their as well as my units and potentially my freshmen year. However, tbh I'd be lying if I said my financial situation is stable. I don't have a job atm and I'm going into senior yr. ATP, It's between going to a CC for 2 years and going to a UC or apply and hopefully I get in. I wouldn't mind going to a state but I would prefer a UC.

Someone who has taken the alternative CC route to UC please break down whether or not it's worth it and it's overall impact and benefits. I extremely want to get out of Sac, so Sac st and UC Davis would be my last choices. 
i did that so you guys wouldn't have to. Naw but serious i did that and i ended up fucking around and took 3 years to transfer. Im going to SJ state but i got into a few UC like Santa Cruz and Santa Barbara. State is alot cheaper and i need to get a MS so i figured i would go to a UC for graduate school. Any ways community college is like high school with more hood rats easy to meet women and classes are fairly easy. if you go to a CC then transfer to a state you would more likely than not graduate without any debt. also at CC you can do the TAG program where depending on your GPA starts at like 3.2 and up you get guaranteed admission to most UCs

SSVR GRAND SLAM FOR SALE BRAND NEW BLACK

4 days ago
Richboy 100 million

Any graduate students here?

SSVR GRAND SLAM FOR SALE BRAND NEW BLACK

Please login first to reply.