College Discussion Thread.

September 08, 2013 @ 02:42:14
boston bruh 

nah if i could go anywhere id go to tokyo

where the azn girls at

September 08, 2013 @ 02:52:17
College!!!
September 08, 2013 @ 07:23:33
I'm a high school senior heading off to a UC soon, how bad is my debt/loan gonna fuck my credit up? I'm a broke nigga so i gotta rely on financial aid
September 08, 2013 @ 07:54:06
WHICH ONE OF YALL NIGGAS GOING TO DAVIS

While there's life there is hope, only the dead have none.

September 08, 2013 @ 17:50:14
none of yall really go to Pacific in Stockton? I seen an asian nigga wearing nbhd, so it just got me wondering if there's any HB fam outchea
September 08, 2013 @ 18:24:27
wheres hb boston at tho 

where the azn girls at

September 10, 2013 @ 13:28:55
yo, where all the ucr kids dorming, they fucked mine up
pentland hills bruh
edit: i applied for a double and they ended up giving me a triple. kinda bummed lol but whatever haha.
September 10, 2013 @ 16:15:24
I'm a freshmen, I took a semester at OSU my senior year though. Major is Architecture. (I've lived in Cbus all my life though so I know the area well) 
damn architecture seems really hard. what dorm you in?
I live at home because I live like a mile away from campus in Victorian Village. Arch isn't hard yet, just a lot of work. What about you?
September 11, 2013 @ 02:00:50
I'm a high school senior heading off to a UC soon, how bad is my debt/loan gonna fuck my credit up? I'm a broke nigga so i gotta rely on financial aid
As long as you pay it back your credit is gonna be fine. Will only help your credit if you pay off your debt
You're looking at 30k/year.....

IG: @honglzhou

September 11, 2013 @ 02:01:22
Y'all stacking up shoeboxes or leaving the shoeboxes at home and just taking the shoes to college?

September 17, 2013 @ 08:33:51
schoolboy q coming to UCR on that  block party smokeyface 
September 17, 2013 @ 21:00:34
schoolboy q coming to UCR on that  block party  
Shits about to be turnt up this quarter bruh
September 18, 2013 @ 00:40:34
Y'all stacking up shoeboxes or leaving the shoeboxes at home and just taking the shoes to college?
I stacked shoe boxes in the closet/dresser thing that came with the room.
September 18, 2013 @ 00:55:53
REVS
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/academic-ranking-of-world-universities-2013-released/2006515.article#.Ujhg5YasB3s.facebook

Where's you school at? Finishing my degree in the spring at University of Pittsburgh. 76th ain't too bad. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

September 18, 2013 @ 02:34:54
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/academic-ranking-of-world-universities-2013-released/2006515.article#.Ujhg5YasB3s.facebook

Where's you school at? Finishing my degree in the spring at University of Pittsburgh. 76th ain't too bad. 
40. fuck wit me.
September 18, 2013 @ 03:53:35

40. fuck wit me.
65th not to shabby
September 18, 2013 @ 05:02:57
none of yall really go to Pacific in Stockton? I seen an asian nigga wearing nbhd, so it just got me wondering if there's any HB fam outchea
that was actually my first choice but didn't get into the Pharmacy program out there. I'm at USF right now tho
September 18, 2013 @ 05:16:49
September 18, 2013 @ 05:46:42
yo, where all the ucr kids dorming, they fucked mine up
pentland hills bruh
edit: i applied for a double and they ended up giving me a triple. kinda bummed lol but whatever haha.
with a loft? its not as bad as you think! same shit happened to me but turned out pretty well
September 20, 2013 @ 02:04:35
hey fam. can I get some advice? I don't know much about the whole early admissions program for applying to colleges. All ive heard is that it is very competitive and that its mainly for people looking to get into very good schools (NYU Columbia etc). Ive also heard that you can only apply to a few schools and if you are accepted you must enroll into the school (I highly doubt this). But as for positives I heard its pretty much guaranteed that the college will actually look at your application.
I will be applying to UCSD, Cal poly, UC Davis, UC Irvine, SDSU, and a few other UCs. 
I have my ACT on Saturday and im looking to get my 28 up to a 30, however, I don't think ive put in enough studying to do so, do you guys think that it would be wiser to wait until the next ACT test in October (I think) and just apply during the normal application period or take the test Saturday and apply during the early admissions period?

Basically I need someone to explain the whole early admissions process and let me know if im better off waiting till the regular season.
September 20, 2013 @ 06:10:17
Don't study for the ACT, it's easier to just take it twice and nail it the second time
September 20, 2013 @ 06:24:30
hey fam. can I get some advice? I don't know much about the whole early admissions program for applying to colleges. All ive heard is that it is very competitive and that its mainly for people looking to get into very good schools (NYU Columbia etc). Ive also heard that you can only apply to a few schools and if you are accepted you must enroll into the school (I highly doubt this). But as for positives I heard its pretty much guaranteed that the college will actually look at your application.
I will be applying to UCSD, Cal poly, UC Davis, UC Irvine, SDSU, and a few other UCs. 
I have my ACT on Saturday and im looking to get my 28 up to a 30, however, I don't think ive put in enough studying to do so, do you guys think that it would be wiser to wait until the next ACT test in October (I think) and just apply during the normal application period or take the test Saturday and apply during the early admissions period?

Basically I need someone to explain the whole early admissions process and let me know if im better off waiting till the regular season.
UC's don't offer early decision, but cal poly does (SLO for sure, dont know about pomona). By applying for early decision, you're basically telling the college you want to go there and that's your first choice, so they expect you to enroll if you get admitted.  It's for people who know exactly what they want to do and the school they want to go to.

hope this helped, been through this last year.

September 20, 2013 @ 06:40:21
Need some help fam, currently go to a CC and have been here racking up units for a while, anyone know what the process of transferring is like? I live in SoCal btw and the CC i go to has some sort of transfer admission guarantee program (TAG). Really got no idea which applications or forms to fill out etc and getting a counselors appointment js damn near impossible
September 20, 2013 @ 12:22:02
lol went to asia for my university education 
September 20, 2013 @ 12:48:03
I'll be a CC student very soon. I want study and go to NYU very very very very very much. But my application is really kinda weak and low SAT score. Cuz i've been living in Hong Kong for years and English is not my first language, and different education system comparing to the US. I'll be going to CC just because I want to study in NYU, that CC is partnership with NYU Steinhardt. Should I apply ED to let them know i'm interested in NYU first lol? Will it affect my chance of getting into NYU in the future? 
September 20, 2013 @ 19:36:38

unless something has changed drastically there is no early admission for the UC system... there's just a single deadline you have to meet and it's like in december or some shit like that. I remember taking the SATs in the last session which was in october/november and still sending those scores in for normal admission. Get that score up and if u get up to 28-30 you're gucci for most of those lower tier UCs and possibly up to UCI. for sure you could get into SDSU and any Cal State school with that score.
September 20, 2013 @ 20:16:20
Originally posted by Inactive User
Need some help fam, currently go to a CC and have been here racking up units for a while, anyone know what the process of transferring is like? I live in SoCal btw and the CC i go to has some sort of transfer admission guarantee program (TAG). Really got no idea which applications or forms to fill out etc and getting a counselors appointment js damn near impossible
http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/transfer/guarantee/
http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/transfer/transfer-admission-planner/index.html

Did you look at UC website or CS website? It has all info you are looking for. Even with TAG you still have to apply. Are you doing IGETC at your CC? I would make sure I had all the IGETC requirements completed before applying. If you complete this it will satisfy all of your lower division courses and depending on your major, two upper division courses as well. Would also make sure that GPA is at least 3.75 if you want to apply to UC and have no more than three or four Ws on your transcript. 
September 20, 2013 @ 20:27:56
awesome thanks a bunch guys. gonna move the date and start studying
September 20, 2013 @ 21:46:54
Just took my first bio midterm today. My prof made that the hardest shit it could have possibly been.
September 20, 2013 @ 22:36:20
in my second year of accounting and shit is dead, i dont think i can stick wit it. straight up im lost and havent been puttin in an effort..cus im bored by it. but i hear how stable the job security is and all that, and i dont have any other interests to really switch to. what are some other decent majors/jobs right now? what should i do hb
Please login first to reply.
x