Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 29, 2008 @ 03:30 PM
chinchillas

Dragon Rolls.

Ftw!!
August 29, 2008 @ 04:03 PM
LOOK KOOL

California Rolls is yummy stuff&)
August 29, 2008 @ 04:53 PM
soulamazing.

kazumis in hillcrest on 5th literally across the street from that sushi itto garbage.
its mad pricey though...

wasabi sushi in PB or sapporo in OB are pretty good too, and cheaper.. haha

Ahh, Hillcrest. Last time I went there for the SD Record Show, there were a bunch of gays, no offense. Try Chopstix or Niban's in Convoy or Ichiban in PB. Pretty dope spots. Other than that, Bamboo Hut here in Mira Mesa is pretty bomb and cheap at the same time.
August 29, 2008 @ 05:03 PM
fffffut

ne1 hear of the blowfish sushi. lolz i heard if the cutters cut it the wrong way u get fatally poisoned

lol tahts prety silley!!!
August 29, 2008 @ 05:05 PM
br1ngm3d0wn

if you're ever nyc there's a place in the west village called sushi samba that has this fucking amazing roll with lobster and some other shit in it. one out of the six rolls even includes a lobster claw in it. shit is fiiiiyaaaaaah

eh.. sushi samba is MAD OVER RATED.

we got one here in chicago and i went with some friends.. $400 bill between 4 people. confused sushi was so so (rolls were small) and the drinks were mad expensive.

i've been to tons of sushi places (the cheap, the not so cheap, the expensive) and sushi samba ranks up there with over hyped, over priced and waay TOO trendy.

i'm a sushi fiend, i eat it at least 2-3 times a week (started about 4 years ago and hasn't stopped. thanks to my dad who is really good friends with one of the owners of a local japanese restaurant back home.. plus my brother works there now.. and a couple of my friends were waiters). lol i'd be here forever if i had to talk about it.

PS: you'd be mad surprised at the prices of some places.. $300 a person for sushi is over kill.. i went to a place the other day that had a daily special of $3 rolls (there was about 6 rolls to choose from.. from spicy tuna to california.. just the basics) and it was real good.. then there's another place that has a Dragon Roll for $12.. shittiest dragon roll i've ever eaten.. just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's bad.. but just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's good..
August 29, 2008 @ 06:01 PM
hools

has anyone ever tried spider sushi?
August 29, 2008 @ 07:31 PM
owls

August 29, 2008 @ 07:36 PM
arjan

i've been to sushi samba, i do like it...it's not my personal favorite..but it is not "bad" in my terms..i'm talking about the NY one
August 29, 2008 @ 07:55 PM
mYslead

californian ones are pretty good.
August 30, 2008 @ 01:41 AM
araw at bituin

has anyone ever tried spider sushi?

if you're talking about spider rolls, its actually made of soft shell crab. its great smile

http://instagram.com/qyel

August 30, 2008 @ 02:13 AM
illy

Ahh, Hillcrest. Last time I went there for the SD Record Show, there were a bunch of gays, no offense. Try Chopstix or Niban's in Convoy or Ichiban in PB. Pretty dope spots. Other than that, Bamboo Hut here in Mira Mesa is pretty bomb and cheap at the same time.

word. haha thats what hillcrest is known for, but its all good. to me, people are people...never hit up the ichiban in PB but the one in hillcrest is dope as hell. LOL...i used to live there so i hit up all the sushi spots there.
ra on broadway is pretty good too..

edit:: of course mira mesa has good sushi....look at who lives there yo....they got some good ass pho up there too <33
August 30, 2008 @ 02:17 AM
=]owen

salmon towers.
although i think thats white people sushi.
August 30, 2008 @ 09:36 AM
Drebrooklyn

eel is always good
August 30, 2008 @ 10:30 AM
br1ngm3d0wn

Bringmedown What are some of your favorite sushi places in chicago? Im always looking for new places to try...I looove shine on armitage

Shine on Armitage is great!

Sushi O Sushi on W Armitage right before Clark/LP West (used to live a street over and one night me and my sister went b/c they're rated really well on yelp.com) and the people are super nice and the owner came out to talk to us, told us that there's about 100 different rolls he has in his sushi chef arsenal (he makes all the sushi) that aren't on the menu.. he's got about 50 different kinds of rolls on his menu.. but he's always switching it up) restaurant is super small but the variety of sushi makes up for it.
Sushi Para Too on N Clark. (really reasonable prices and their pieces are huge)
Wakamono on Broadway (it's in Lakeview about i'd say 8-10 blocks away from Wrigley Field).. kinda trendy but the sushi was real fresh and they had a lot of variety.

(all of those are on the North Side)

probably my 3 favorite places, i'm always willing to try a sushi place. my goal is to try at least almost a handful of the sushi places in Chicago.
August 30, 2008 @ 10:33 AM
bossdonkiddavel

Dragon rolls.

i think thats black dragon, dragon rolls dont have eel on the outside, they have avacado
August 30, 2008 @ 10:57 PM
crucialkc

eel rolls are good. so are smoked salmon and spider rolls. (which happen to be my personal favorite)
August 30, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
STNDRD

Salmon maki
August 31, 2008 @ 12:48 AM
bossdonkiddavel

what is in a spider roll?
August 31, 2008 @ 12:55 AM
br1ngm3d0wn

it's soft shell crab (whatever else is on it pretty much depends on the place that's serving it, if they decide to put their own twist on it) with avocado, cucumber, spicy mayo, etc.
August 31, 2008 @ 12:56 AM
rtst102

Dragon rolls.

i need to try this.

NOW.
August 31, 2008 @ 12:59 AM
randomgrandeur

I've never ventured onto eel rolls. But that dragon roll up top looks delicious. What exactly does eel taste like?

I usually get spider rolls, spicy tuna and an assortment of sashimi and nigiri.

P.S. I wish there was an all-you-can-eat sushi place in Boston. I don't mind paying the money so long as it's quality sushi.
August 31, 2008 @ 01:05 AM
br1ngm3d0wn

there's this buffet sushi place called "House Of Sushi" here in Chicago.

its like $15 all you can eat sushi.. but if there's sushi left over on your plate when you're done with dinner, you get charged an extra $5/per person.

you can keep ordering as much as you like (round after round of sushi).. but i guess if you leave any on the plate, then you're fucked haha there's signs around the restaurant saying "You will be charged $5 per person if there is any sushi left on your plate"
August 31, 2008 @ 02:11 AM
hools

what is in a spider roll?

it's soft shell crab (whatever else is on it pretty much depends on the place that's serving it, if they decide to put their own twist on it) with avocado, cucumber, spicy mayo, etc.

ahhh okay THAT'S what it is. i hear alot of good things about soft shell crab and soft shell crab sushi. i was freakin out i thought it was real spider cause in the picture it had the leg sticking out lulz.

there's this buffet sushi place called "House Of Sushi" here in Chicago.

its like $15 all you can eat sushi.. but if there's sushi left over on your plate when you're done with dinner, you get charged an extra $5/per person.

you can keep ordering as much as you like (round after round of sushi).. but i guess if you leave any on the plate, then you're fucked haha there's signs around the restaurant saying "You will be charged $5 per person if there is any sushi left on your plate"

that's a pretty good price for all you can eat. in my town you gotta pay 25-35 at the sushi joints. and like 10 dollars for extra sushi from each person.
August 31, 2008 @ 02:13 AM
Vancouver

this thread made me realize I need to step up my sushi game sad
August 31, 2008 @ 02:17 AM
zyezye

^^lol and live in van too, its SUSHI central man. Try out Yakkos sushi its hidden but its under station square beside metro. its top 10 in the city and the price is good with it too.
August 31, 2008 @ 02:23 AM
Vancouver

^thanks for the 411, will check it out. and seriously my sushi game is weak as fuck
August 31, 2008 @ 03:32 AM
clou

I mainly just hit up the Vancouver spots that serve minors haha...but I love salmon sushi
August 31, 2008 @ 07:48 PM
JayLovesPinays

Sushi is hot garbage, I ate some for the 1st time yesterday & I almost gagged. razz
August 31, 2008 @ 07:50 PM
hools

it's not for everybody obviously. i cringed at the thought of eating raw fish and sea urchin before i actually tried it
August 31, 2008 @ 08:29 PM
bossdonkiddavel

i just had some eel today as a matter of fact, its really chewy, i cant describe the taste, it doesnt really taste like anything ive tasted before

i had that and a shrimp tempura roll

Please login first to reply.