300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
August 14, 2014 @ 09:21 PM
Keyser Soze

About 2 months ago i stayed with my dad for 2 weeks. One day we were working on my bike when he threatened to bash my skull in with a bicycle fork for correcting him (he has a HUGE inferiority complex, can't handle someone having more knowledge than him) and he was 100% serious like he was going to do it so i went inside and picked up the phone to call somebody to get me the fuck out of there but before i could he grabs me by the neck and pins me against the wall.

Then he picks up a KNIFE nearby and holds it to my side and starts telling me how i'm not as good as my older brother and that i'm a dumb and what not and throws me on the floor. he then punched me a couple times (not in the face) and went to his room.

Since he was my financial support until college he knew he could get away with it and i didn't do anything or tell anyone about it, but since I'm moving cities and on my own now i'm definitely trying to do something about it. 

I know you can go to jail for pulling a knife on somebody and he did assault me with his fists but i ain't really trying to send this guy to prison. is this considered domestic violence too since I'm an adult? I really need money for college should i get some kind of lawsuit settlement? since its been 2 months is it too late? should i tell my family? i don't know what the fuck to do help me out HB!

AND don't tell me to let it go because i'm definitely not. he tells me all the time "you aint my son" so i'm just gonna go on about it like he's not my dad and just some random guy.
August 14, 2014 @ 09:24 PM
FreestyleFEllowship

Its kinda fucked up to sue your fam for $$ but if the guy is basically disowning you go for it, but i dont think you'll get any cash unless he caused you some mental harm or somethin.. Idk tho- go big or go home fam. 

WELL HERE THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS

August 14, 2014 @ 09:29 PM
k.ly16

1. Get the fuck out
2. Get a job/jobs
3. File a restraining order on his ass

No grown man deserves to get beat up like a kid by their pops. Seems like your dad has some issues psychologically, does it stem from his past? Alcoholism? Drugs? Anger issues?  If you can't talk with your dad about how to fix his anger, I'd move on unless U suggest being persistent.
August 14, 2014 @ 09:31 PM
Let Them Eat Cake

if my pops ever did something like that to me i'd beat his ass in a second
August 14, 2014 @ 09:32 PM
spamster

Is your pops rich? If he aint got no dough than what you gonna sue him for? 
August 14, 2014 @ 09:36 PM
ice13water

um go live with your mom
August 14, 2014 @ 10:00 PM
Pantic

Its kinda fucked up to sue your fam for $$ but if the guy is basically disowning you go for it, but i dont think you'll get any cash unless he caused you some mental harm or somethin.. Idk tho- go big or go home fam. 
it's kinda fucked up to threaten your son with a knife and punch him*
August 14, 2014 @ 10:36 PM
Keyser Soze

Is your pops rich? If he aint got no dough than what you gonna sue him for? 
he retired early but made 6 figures.

also told me he isn't paying for my college AT ALL even though he paid for my brother's FULL tuition, didn't make him get a job in college, paid for his groceries to be delivered etc. so i wouldn't feel bad about suing him to pay some of my tuition 

let it happen > beat his ass and be homeless
August 14, 2014 @ 10:53 PM
rhondofashov3

well since you know he has some money, then sue him. You have nothing to loose since he said he aint doing shit for you anyways. Sounds like a piece of shit, probably a dead beat too. He doesn't deserve an ounce of your respect or loyalty. Destroy his life like he's threatening to do to yours

Fuck London/Fuck Bishop/Fuck Bstar

August 14, 2014 @ 11:14 PM
MuffinsNightmare

well since you know he has some money, then sue him. You have nothing to loose since he said he aint doing shit for you anyways. Sounds like a piece of shit, probably a dead beat too. He doesn't deserve an ounce of your respect or loyalty. Destroy his life like he's threatening to do to yours
Boom! This.

No matter what get out of there and yes tell your family. If he murks you somebody besides HB should know who's the suspect.confused
Your Dad sounds like a fakkit would love to catch him slippin.
 I mean that in no reflection on you and your other family members.

I've been known to invoke......FEELINGS. #NoPromo #NoFearGang #AntiMuffinMovement

August 15, 2014 @ 12:17 AM
Keyser Soze

Boom! This.

No matter what get out of there and yes tell your family. If he murks you somebody besides HB should know who's the suspect.
The thing is nobody will believe me because when he's around family he acts like the nicest guy ever. At family gatherings he'll put his arm around me and act like he is the best dad ever. AND he is a compulsive liar but EVERYONE believes his shit (ex: tells family i get all A's when i graduated HS with a 2.5) so he'd probably twist the story and make everyone hate me confused  
August 15, 2014 @ 12:23 AM
MuffinsNightmare

Boom! This.

No matter what get out of there and yes tell your family. If he murks you somebody besides HB should know who's the suspect.
The thing is nobody will believe me because when he's around family he acts like the nicest guy ever. At family gatherings he'll put his arm around me and act like he is the best dad ever. AND he is a compulsive liar but EVERYONE believes his shit (ex: tells family i get all A's when i graduated HS with a 2.5) so he'd probably twist the story and make everyone hate me   
Then file a police report or talk to a lawyer. Something should be on record. That shit is not normal man.
And if he switches like that he has a mental issue, That's classic skitzo/bi-polar behavior. Either way i feel for you but waiting for something worse to happen is not the power move. Even if you lose some love from family at least it's out there and would make your Pops think twice before doing anything because it's now on public record.

I've been known to invoke......FEELINGS. #NoPromo #NoFearGang #AntiMuffinMovement

August 15, 2014 @ 12:23 AM
Keyser Soze

He was a good dad until he married my stepmom (who he just recently cheated on and divorced).

Thanks Everyone for the feedback!
i'm about to call a lawyer in the morning to see how much i could possibly get or if its too late
August 15, 2014 @ 12:27 AM
BobaTeaFett

Considering this happened 2 months ago, there's really nothing you can do about that specific scenario unless you either
A: have witnesses
B: have photos of your injuries

For future reference, you should have called the police right then and there when it happened. Also better believe that someone who isn't willing to take criticism isn't going to lose a lawsuit to a kid he "raised" or at least not without throwing most of his money at lawyers. 
August 15, 2014 @ 01:06 AM
Keyser Soze

Considering this happened 2 months ago, there's really nothing you can do about that specific scenario unless you either
A: have witnesses
B: have photos of your injuries

For future reference, you should have called the police right then and there when it happened. Also better believe that someone who isn't willing to take criticism isn't going to lose a lawsuit to a kid he "raised" or at least not without throwing most of his money at lawyers. 
FML. you think if i can get him to admit on video thats good enough? something along the lines of

me: "hey dad remember when you pulled that knife on me and punched me?"
dad: "Yeah, what about it"
August 15, 2014 @ 01:20 AM
AD

i think its too late man whenever things of this nature happen you have to report them ASAP but the smartest thing you can do right now is leave your father and when you go to school apply for loans if you have a mom man you should go live with her
August 15, 2014 @ 01:43 AM
JakeF.Baby

round up some of your friends and kick his door. whoop his jabroni ass and make him tell you the combo to that safe.

WTB: Levis LVC 1947 501 Saddlemans 31w or 32w

August 15, 2014 @ 04:53 AM
GxoctFace

man, stay as far away as possible from your dad. that nigga sounds unstable.

ig: @christiangxn // http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/213748

August 15, 2014 @ 05:55 AM
Sentimental

I don't have a dad so idk what that's like. Tbh I say you do tell your family and do some legal actions. A restraining order sounds good because you don't want him to harm you in any way. Shit is real, bro.
August 15, 2014 @ 06:15 AM
Soul Rize

I remember our dog died and I didn't have much empathy as my dad and i said some thing and he said "im gonna kill you" on some rage and shit.  But not like yours. Your options imo would be to find relatives maybe even a best friend like legit best friend. Move out fk college for alittle bit and work hard man . Yea its always a preference in siblings , no difference here. Deal with it and maybe some good people on hb may help you if your in that bad of a spot. 

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

August 15, 2014 @ 05:06 PM
BobaTeaFett

FML. you think if i can get him to admit on video thats good enough? something along the lines of

me: "hey dad remember when you pulled that knife on me and punched me?"
dad: "Yeah, what about it"
i'm not entirely sure that would hold up. Again, physical proof, pictures or even witness accounts are better than audio recordings. Plus laws are different from state to state, you may need his consent before even audio recording him.

My advice, similar to everyone else's advice is to live and learn. Move on from this unfortunate scenario and look forward with your life. Don't let the decisions of others hinder your goals.
August 15, 2014 @ 05:48 PM
ILikeBacon

Okay OP that's pretty fucked up what your Dad did... Damn.

About the part of your story where you said he payed for your brother's tuition and not yours -- did your brother do anything that would merit this? Is he closer with your Dad? Did you do something to make him to make him think that you're undeserving?

Have you talked to your bro about this?

I probably wouldn't pursue any legal actions/try to fuck him over unless you really think you deserve something out of this and that your Dad seriously should be held liable for his actions. Also think of the consequences it'll have on your family. If this shit is regularly occurring though I'd definitely get the fuck out and make sure he couldn't get near you in the future. Stay with friends, get a job, learn to be independent and slowly figure it out. It'll be a struggle but you'll probably learn valuable life skills.

Also has he always been like this? Or just lately? Could he have developed some sort of mental disability or something?

All things to consider.
August 15, 2014 @ 08:08 PM
Think People

right. you gotta be frail to just get tossed around and not defend yourself. idc who it is.
August 16, 2014 @ 03:20 AM
Keyser Soze

right. you gotta be frail to just get tossed around and not defend yourself. idc who it is.
cuz your just gonna fight someone stronger and bigger than you holding a knife right? I think your underestimating
grown man strength vs 18y.o strength too.

plus i was in shock that he did that and didn't know how to react. you don't know how you'll react to ANYTHING until it actually happens to you
August 16, 2014 @ 03:25 AM
champagne papi

you should definitely be living with someone thats not your father, i suggest you get out the house. maybe you can run away like in that movie jumper but without teleporting 

WTB DS Lance Mountain x Nike SB size 9-9.5 // Team #1059

August 16, 2014 @ 03:34 AM
Keyser Soze

thanks for all the suggestions everybody!

i did some research and the statute of limitations for assault and battery in my state is 2-5 years so i have some time to sit on this. If he doesn't change his mind and help me out a little i will definitely go through with it. I'm probably going to call him out at the next family gathering in front of everyone.

All i know is that when this nigga gets old or sick he's gonna regret all he's said and done to me.

Please login first to reply.