August 2, 2011 @ 06:13 PM
Principal Buttsavage

Aight so a little over a month ago I posted some artwork I did on here and my tumblr. Anyway this girl messages me on tumblr and says she likes my shit and wants to post them on the art/design section of complex and she was wondering if I could send her some pics of them. So before I answered her I did research to see if it was legit and it all seemed fine and I told her it was cool. So I send her the pics and I check the website for a week and nothing went up. So messaged her asking what was up and she said they were out on July 4th holiday and that the pics should be up by next week. So I check the website for another week and nothing again. a couple weeks ago I messaged her again to see what was up and there was no response. Its been a good month now and I haven't heard from her at all. Now I realize this probably shouldn't be that big of a deal since its just a daily feature on a magazine website in a section not a lot of people read, but I'm still mad about it. Now the real question is should I try to message her again? Should I troll the shit out of their art/design section? Or should I just take the L and move on.
Help me out HB

tldr

CliffNotes:
* Painted some shit
* Complex writer sees and asks if she can post them in the art/design section on their site
* I send her pictures
* She doesn't post them
* Doesn't Respond
* What now
August 2, 2011 @ 06:22 PM
Bubbs619

Just keep it moving. It didnt help that you kept hitting her up
August 2, 2011 @ 06:29 PM
Principal Buttsavage

I feel ya. But it wasn't like I was blowing her up though. I hit her up once at the beginning of july and one more time a couple weeks later.
August 2, 2011 @ 06:34 PM
Trill Murray

Where you supposed to get paid?

trillmurrayy.tumblr.com

August 2, 2011 @ 06:39 PM
Principal Buttsavage

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it was just gonna be one of those little daily things they post on there. Plus she never mentioned anything about getting paid.
August 2, 2011 @ 06:41 PM
hooperr

#firstworldproblems
August 2, 2011 @ 06:48 PM
Koven

I only read the cliffs but the same thing happened to me. She obviously found something better to put on in her article. She might eventually use them though, you never know.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

August 2, 2011 @ 06:49 PM
yungm

contacting via. tumblr = not about dat proper business life
August 2, 2011 @ 06:53 PM
Too Trill

I only read the cliffs but the same thing happened to me. She obviously found something better to put on in her article. She might eventually use them though, you never know.

why did you feel you needed to tell him that you only read the cliffs?

what was the motive behind that?
August 2, 2011 @ 07:04 PM
Principal Buttsavage

#firstworldproblems

contacting via. tumblr = not about dat proper business life

lol'd.

But anyway. Koven that sucks man. Thats probably what happened. I wouldn't be as mad if she would've just been like hey I'm not gonna use em, thanks though. I just think its bitchassness that she say anything/respond.
August 2, 2011 @ 07:12 PM
Steve Bartman

She was just a messenger for ......

too bad so sad smile
August 2, 2011 @ 07:21 PM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

Just take the L son. It happens, making it into a deal won't do anything but possibly hurt you later on. Your work is dope by the way. Keep at it.
August 2, 2011 @ 07:35 PM
Koven

why did you feel you needed to tell him that you only read the cliffs?

what was the motive behind that?

Because my post was only based on the cliffs, I don't know the details. I only know that someone asked him for his work, he sent it in and never heard from them again, Pretty damn common in the amateur art world especially on the net.

What was your motive for this post? lol

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

August 2, 2011 @ 09:11 PM
bonemarrow

nobody reads complex

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

August 2, 2011 @ 09:41 PM
Principal Buttsavage

lol yeah, but it could've gave me a little exposure.
August 3, 2011 @ 03:04 AM
Ape

she probably wanted to put them up, but someone with higher authority then her prolly said no

oh and

#firstworldproblems

This, it's a ♥♥♥♥♥ out there who can't even get a drink of water and we worried about shit like this.

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

August 3, 2011 @ 11:50 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

She asked your permission. Doesn't necessarily mean she's gonna use it. But if she was going to, she has your permission. That's how things go.
August 3, 2011 @ 12:18 PM
NoStress

she probably wanted to put them up, but someone with higher authority then her prolly said no

oh and

This, it's a ♥♥♥♥♥ out there who can't even get a drink of water and we worried about shit like this.

lmao

burr

Please login first to reply.