Online store opening 03.30.12

Follow on FB: facebook.com/weareheavyset
Instagram & Twitter: @weareheavyset

this looks...really fucking cool.

www.wolfpartyusa.com

March 27, 2012 @ 09:04 AM
hiphopbackpacker

Been MIA for a bit...

Hey everyone. I'm from Poche Clothing. I've read everyone's comments and I just want to clear some things up. We don't use Hanes or any cheap brands. We use American Apparel. The main idea of our brand is to show that you can have quality work for less than the cost of brands such as Tantum or Appeal. We're not claiming to be original, just doing it for the love. We are fans of the clothing. Quality comes first for us. Thanks.
March 27, 2012 @ 02:17 PM
karakter1

To the guy that mentioned Undrcrown... Undercrowns webstore is just hosted on Bigcartel. They have a full blown website

yeh..has the same functions as all bigcartel sites...they purchased and added the domain name...but it looks and functions the same as the stores that choose the cheapest options!- compare- http://freshletes.bigcartel.com/ http://www.shopundrcrwn.com/products

no need for anything fancy.
March 27, 2012 @ 02:23 PM
karakter1

Coming out with 4 products on a Bigcartel / storenvy doesn't make you a clothing brand. Say what you want, it isn't a clothing brand.

It be different if you came out with a full website, 4 products, a lookbook, and etc. But if it's just 4 products, you're not.

starting out with 4 tees on bigcartel means that you are STARTING a clothing brand...nothing wrong with that!

get those tees out, create some buzz, make some sales...then continue to grow!

i think some of you guys are comparing a start up brand to a fully blown established brand........big mistake! For most brands..that started from scratch...fully funded by out of the pockets of the owner...they started with a few tees and some hustle!

don't be fooled fellas.
March 27, 2012 @ 03:00 PM
HEAVYSET

@ WD.MYLES, kuntakinte, streetshark, Thank you. Alot of hard work has gone into this. The full collection will be released this Friday along with our video lookbook.

Until then feel free to follow us and show love. We're always doing the same.
It's all about good people helping good people.

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

March 27, 2012 @ 03:16 PM
HWYS - Joey

There's a big difference between having 4 tees and thinking yoy have a brand, than having 4 tees and continue to grow and expand. Selling tees to some friedns doesn't make you a brand. It just means you are selling tees to your friends, and friends of friends. The mentality has to be to continue to grow and expand.

I have yet to sell a clothing piece to anyone because I want my brand to be as legit and ready as possible from the getgo. Could I be making some money at the moment selling to friends and such? Sure, buy I would rather wait and get everything as perfect as possible before doing so...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 27, 2012 @ 03:25 PM
Jake Ocean

To the guy that mentioned Undrcrown... Undercrowns webstore is just hosted on Bigcartel. They have a full blown website

yeh..has the same functions as all bigcartel sites...they purchased and added the domain name...but it looks and functions the same as the stores that choose the cheapest options!- compare- http://freshletes.bigcartel.com/ http://www.shopundrcrwn.com/products

no need for anything fancy.

Less is more. But note that Undrcrwn spends 30 bucks a month hosting their shop on Bigcartel.

http://www.distantlight.co

March 27, 2012 @ 06:02 PM
slvtlife

Just being an antagonist here, but if one were to only have one choice between the two most common options, that being a t-shirt with exceptional concept & execution and a so-so quality garment OR a t-shirt with a lack of concept & execution with an "American Apparel" quality garment.

It seems that many are hung up on the idea that we all got to start of using the very best in the industry & that money isn't an issue. Fact of the matter is start off with what you got, and believe in what you have. Most awesome brands started off just for shits & giggles and/or because it was a hobby of sorts. The strongest & most important asset you have is the concepts that you bring to the world. It's pointless having "ABC" printed on an Armani quality fabric...

Creative/Founder www.slvtlife.com / www.facebook.com/slvtlife

March 27, 2012 @ 08:42 PM
LMCrep

there's no proven method...you can start with 1 shirt...order 12 sell em and order 24 more...sure it helps but you dont NEED to come out the gate with a full line of clothes, big website, lookbooks and all that

+1

some brands come out with too much, imo. If you focus on just a few hot pieces, you don't need 10 designs. a nice website and product that's hot is really all i look for in a brand, right now. it's all subjective, though, and my preferences may be too bare or minimal for someone who wants to see more from a brand.

i just think it's kind of closed-minded to tell someone that they're not a "brand" because they only have 4 releases for sale, as opposed to someone who has 14 designs for sale.
March 27, 2012 @ 10:41 PM
minsct

I'd say don't listen to people who are trying to label and categorize your business into a 'clothing brand' or whatever. Why the fuck does it really matter? If you become successful, whatever that may be to you, then thats all that really matters. I consider my brand multi-faceted in that clothing isn't our only way of promoting our message. The Visionary is You my friends.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

March 27, 2012 @ 10:54 PM
chads

I think this 'brand' label is fairly silly.
I'm assuming many of you have heard of The Award Tour. theawardtour.com
Anyway, at this point, Phil only comes out with two releases a year that consists of only 3 or 4 designs but they are all really quality designs. He has quite an established brand despite how little product he puts out and his stuff still sells out within a matter of 30 minutes.
My point is just to show that your amount of product truly doesn't describe you nor does the fact that you have your own url. I think there are so many factors that go into actually having a 'brand'.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 27, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
kuntakinte

@ WD.MYLES, kuntakinte, streetshark, Thank you. Alot of hard work has gone into this. The full collection will be released this Friday along with our video lookbook.

Can't wait for friday

Oh yeah, are you shipping to canada?
March 28, 2012 @ 12:00 AM
Jake Ocean

I didn't mean that if you come out with only 3 products with out a lookbook you automatically fail. that's not what i'm saying at all. nor am I saying that their is a proven method or not, which there isn't. all brands start out differently, some big, some small. theres nothing wrong with either. some like to organically grow, then some like to come out with a strong collection on the first line, with a full website, blog, professional product shots, etc.

what I was trying to say was, you can't just take 4 designs, then just slap them on an american apparel t shirt, then host the shop on a store envy, then determine yourself a clothing brand. a lot of 'brands' do this, they don't even take time into branding or creating a solid identity. all it really is, is someone selling shirts.

like someone said before, a clothing brand takes a lot of hardwork, time, perseverance, planning, and focusing. it isn't something you can just whip out in a month. Being a clothing brand owner takes more time and thinking than just 4 products with no branding on a bigcartel.

March 28, 2012 @ 12:03 AM
LMCrep

There's a big difference between having 4 tees and thinking yoy have a brand, than having 4 tees and continue to grow and expand. Selling tees to some friedns doesn't make you a brand. It just means you are selling tees to your friends, and friends of friends. The mentality has to be to continue to grow and expand.

I have yet to sell a clothing piece to anyone because I want my brand to be as legit and ready as possible from the getgo. Could I be making some money at the moment selling to friends and such? Sure, buy I would rather wait and get everything as perfect as possible before doing so...

let me get this straight. you tell people who actually HAVE sold stuff that they're not really a "brand," yet you fully admit having not sold a single article of clothing because you're currently getting "everything as perfect as possible."

man....smh
March 28, 2012 @ 12:04 AM
Broken Bank Clo

there's no proven method...you can start with 1 shirt...order 12 sell em and order 24 more...sure it helps but you dont NEED to come out the gate with a full line of clothes, big website, lookbooks and all that

^ x10000

Biggest thing is to first get yourself noticed. Can't get your brand noticed if you don't have shirts with your logo. Even if you redo your logo 4 different time do it. So people can recognize who you are. When Fubu first came out all they had were shirts with the logo and brand name. A lot of sucessefull brand started that way. No need put all your designs you come out with and drop it on one season. Then you'll be paying artist for the remaining part of the life of your brand just to keep you a float.

Build a fan base, network and above all learn from your mistakes.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

March 28, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
justbaf

tanks for the last feedback
March 28, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
karakter1

how far have you guys got so far in developing or selling your brand?

are most peeps still in design stage?....brand development?....webstore launch?....pick up any accounts?

what stage of the process are you currently on?
March 28, 2012 @ 01:35 AM
HWYS - Joey

let me get this straight. you tell people who actually HAVE sold stuff that they're not really a "brand," yet you fully admit having not sold a single article of clothing because you're currently getting "everything as perfect as possible."

man....smh

Ahh okay let me say it again, if I wanted to right now, like literally right now, meaning put my phone down, hook up my laptop to my plotter, cut some the designs I have done and heat press them -- I would have 6-8 designs on shirts in less than 45minutes... Does that make me a brand??? I have all the equipment in my home and all the materials other than the woven labels which I don't need to use... So did I just come up with a brand???

Funny thing is that you seem upset when I'm trying to actually put something better on thw market, other than the norm. I'm trying to get all of the details in place in order to provide the best possible experience to the buyer and build lifetime relationships, sorry you don't realize that...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 28, 2012 @ 01:43 AM
HWYS - Joey

I like this design better than your last one. You could do with a bit thicker lines because right now there seems to be a lot of empty space in the logo. Another thing is, the "division" on top of "since 2012" doesn't need to be there, it is repetitive. One last thing, the sayings on the bottom of the logo are kinda difficult to understand and follow...

March 28, 2012 @ 01:50 AM
Jake Ocean

still don't really like it. that type doesn't look very good, and still un-rememberable. looks really generic, and the text placement is a little cluttered.
the name is pretty cool, you could definitely do something cool with it.

March 28, 2012 @ 01:50 AM
HWYS - Joey

are most peeps still in design stage?....brand development?....webstore launch?....pick up any accounts?

I have most of my equipment; I would like to add a dtg printer but I don't need one right now. I have my accounts all set and I'm trying to setup a few more for accessories. I have talked to a few people regarding web designing and I'm putting together a pros/cons for each. I'm still a few months away from selling anything, but I believe the time will be well utilize for the better of the brand.

I'll post pics as I go, that way I get some honest feedback from everyone here. How about you?

March 28, 2012 @ 01:57 AM
Jake Ocean

If anyone need a web design or a coder, I have a friend that specializes in it. Most web designs charge $1,000+, but he can set you up with a website from $350. PM if you'd be interested..

March 28, 2012 @ 02:02 AM
chads

Right now I am in the ordering stage. I just ordered my first official batch of shirts. I'm trying to treat what I am doing at this point as a project rather than a brand even though that is what I plan to reach at some point. I am also taking it one design at a time for now to see how people like my style. I chose to do this this way because I am confident in my concept and don't need people on a forum to tell me its dope or it sucks to have confidence.
Luckily I have made some connections in my area so I have a couple stores who are willing to carry shirts as I print them. Unfortunately where I'm from though, my style and interests are very foreign so my ideas are that much more hard to carry to the people that I feel would be interested.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 28, 2012 @ 02:14 AM
Jake Ocean

I have just finished the design stage after 8 months. Everything has been ordered, except the products. I'm ordering those by this week. Then, sewing on tags, getting a crew of friends and packaging all of the stuff. I wan't to spend at least 3 weeks on building up some hype and spreading the word.

March 28, 2012 @ 02:50 AM
HEAVYSET

Can't wait for friday

Oh yeah, are you shipping to canada?

If you want it, you got it.

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

March 28, 2012 @ 03:02 AM
DannyHH

I have just finished the design stage after 8 months. Everything has been ordered, except the products. I'm ordering those by this week. Then, sewing on tags, getting a crew of friends and packaging all of the stuff. I wan't to spend at least 3 weeks on building up some hype and spreading the word.

Where you getting yours printed at?
March 28, 2012 @ 03:12 AM
Jake Ocean

Where you getting yours printed at?

I have a guy that prints independently

March 28, 2012 @ 03:42 AM
DannyHH

Heres our first print, basic design, actually probably the most simple one i have made. just to get our name out. we sold all 40 of them already after a few days

Got it done by some folks that worked with Blackscale, and Mega recommended them. Sorry, these are pics from my instagram
March 28, 2012 @ 04:55 AM
Spitn2

What's up with everyone using V for A these days lol. New hype..?

Please login first to reply.