Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
February 3, 2012 @ 05:53 AM
Daniel Steez

Nope...cool concept!
Idk about that Nike spoof but I can see the market buying that.

Thanks dude, so far people have liked the subverted nike thing! thanks for the feedback!
For your brand, I'd agree with Jake in that you should buddy up with a photographer and have them shoot you some nice pics - it'll definitely up the brand more

For sure man..we are slacking on that! Good looking out on the feedback and keep up the great work NOPE!

www.GULLYINK.com; premier printing service and retail opportunity for indie brands. Email me or visit the site for details.

February 3, 2012 @ 05:56 AM
Jake Ocean

Not bad Jake..I'm interested in seeing your logo. Distant Light has a good ring to it without supply co at the end of it. I'm not referring to the one dudes reason of Diamond having that same addition to their name. I just don't think you need it.

Also, what's the concept behind the name? What are you (any of you starting brands) bringing to the table besides "fly" gear.
I'm a sucker for meaning. There has to be a meaning behind what you do. If there isn't than you're just making cool shirts with no substance. I'd like to invite all of you to explain what your brands stand for.

Jake, I'm directing my attention back to you now. Since you seem to have the right idea with your brand why not act as a helping hand? You can be blunt but delicate. I don't think it's right to tell someone who's looking for feedback to scratch their entire idea.

You went off on my topic about how unoriginal my brand was due to our use of pigeons. You mentioned a company I had never heard of and a man I hold in very high regard as reasons why my brand was bad. I invite you to find out about my company. Do your research. The Gully Steez idea was birthed 4-5 years ago..we're new on here, not new to this hustle. We've been in development ever since. We just released our first lineup of multiple tees after years of random one tee limited drops that were sold locally. All these years the pigeon has been a major part of our mantra and our image because of what the bird represents to us, not because Stpl used the bird on dunks.
If you're real with yourself, you're gully.
If you're comfortable with yourself, you got Steez.
Do you got Steez?

www.GullySteez.com is More Than Streetwear

Plz leave feedback on your opinion of our website..
Our blog sucks..
We're working on actual model pics..
When I get home I will be adding pics of some of the designs that we came out with Dec. 1st for anybody who didn't visit the website.

Just to start off, i never said your brand was bad nor to scratch the idea. I just said that the pigeon logo has been used multiple times and I thought it was very unoriginal of you. However, I assumed the the brand was new since you posted in the "new lines" section, but it is not so there was no way you could've copied it. gotcha.

any ways, the supply co. is just the trade name. instead of adding 'clothing co.' it will be supply co., my products are not only going to be apparel.

it took a shitload of time to finally settle on the name 'distant light', after many many many other potential names. the name came to me from the phrase"there is always a light at the end of the tunnel". whatever you are trying to achieve or trying to progress, this saying applys. it has always been a saying thats been in the back of my mind, and "distant light" describes it.

the reason i am starting a brand is because, i want to. i have done my research for about a year now, gathered up a shit load information, read alot of books, all that jazz (still always learning though) and i wanted to be bring something new and different to the table. i am tired of brands just coming out with a dumb design and slapping it on a shirt and calling it "streetwear". not only will the designs dominate, but the aesthetics of the brand will shine aswell.

i'm trying to keep everything as exclusive as possible, so i am actually unable to post my full logo design on here, sorry. if you are really interested though, you can email me.

on the other hand, i never said to quit what your doing. i see potential in the brand, but im not a huge fan of your designs.
i don't really like those designs, but if your selling them i am not one to speak. get real product shots!

I wasn't referring to what you said to me with telling people to scratch their brands...you basically just hit me with that one liner about the pigeon. But I was looking through this thread and there were a couple of comments that I thought could really have been more helpful.

I'm all about the criticism though and thank you for it. I respect that you're not feeling our designs. Everybody has their own taste.

Your concept for the brand is dope..the whole reason behind the name sounds deep so it's definitely something that will build your perception. I think naming your brand is probably the hardest thing to do and realizing why you really want to do this is as well. I respect that you have that defined. I am interested in viewing the logo so I'll be emailing you..we're all part of the new wave of street wear so it's important that we help each other out.

The name, branding, and the finding the message behind the brand is definitely the hardest part. It is all so critical to your brand. takes a lot of time and patience.

and my email is jake.olshan@gmail.com

http://www.distantlight.co

February 3, 2012 @ 06:01 PM
panzram

Daniel Steez - This isn't hating or anything but the quality of the crewneck sweatshirts look pretty poor. Obviously I'm only going off a couple of pictures but so will your online customers. Can I ask which sweatshirts you use?

Really feeling the Grafitti Tee in Black though!
February 3, 2012 @ 10:14 PM
niq

BLACK-SCALE.COM

February 3, 2012 @ 11:29 PM
kromaqee

Fuck with us

KrōmӘQee

We just got two new "Swags" & "Snapbacks"

(KQ) http://blog.kromaqee.com

February 4, 2012 @ 03:15 AM
maxthemaxster

Hey guys! Im back and have scratched my original design, thanks to everyone's words of wisdom.
I have now put alot of thought, time, and design into my new brand and name.

Please let me know what you guys think about these logos i drew up.

February 4, 2012 @ 04:38 AM
chads

Hey guys! Im back and have scratched my original design, thanks to everyone's words of wisdom.

Eh, its hard to give advise with crayon drawings but they seem kinda childish to me. maybe that i what you want but that is the vibe i get from them. Not saying you have to be another person to make a box logo but could at least make a better sketch with straight lines and measured lengths and thicknesses

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 4, 2012 @ 04:56 AM
Daniel Steez

Daniel Steez - This isn't hating or anything but the quality of the crewneck sweatshirts look pretty poor. Obviously I'm only going off a couple of pictures but so will your online customers. Can I ask which sweatshirts you use?

Really feeling the Grafitti Tee in Black though!

They were some Hanes crewnecks (I forgot the style number) and we weren't really content with the quality either but luckily there aren't many left..thanks for your feedback!
I'm glad you were feeling the graffiti tee!

www.GULLYINK.com; premier printing service and retail opportunity for indie brands. Email me or visit the site for details.

February 4, 2012 @ 05:58 AM
T.E.I.N.

Eh, its hard to give advise with crayon drawings but they seem kinda childish to me. maybe that i what you want but that is the vibe i get from them. Not saying you have to be another person to make a box logo but could at least make a better sketch with straight lines and measured lengths and thicknesses

Yo I think the concept is cool and even if you don't stick with those logos which I really like, just need to be polished (straight lines, equal measurements) with a professionals touch add some color & I think you could be on to something. I like the feel and the whole sketch, for what it is (prototype/preliminary design), and I hope you stick with it. Clean it up put it into photoshop or illustrator vector it up and run it back, I actually can't wait to see it.
February 4, 2012 @ 06:15 AM
diamondlifekid

A client is looking for something like this as a sample

Tell me what you guys think.

damn this piece is clean! i'm really diggin your designs
February 4, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
im_shy

the no vowels thing *ie : fndhmntl & using a triangle for the letter A is played out. i would stay away from that stuff.
February 4, 2012 @ 10:17 PM
ArmyOfnoN

check us out www.armyofnon.com

www.ArmyOfnoN.com

February 4, 2012 @ 11:42 PM
Jake Ocean

check us out www.armyofnon.com

the splash page is really annoying and your logo made me cringe.

February 5, 2012 @ 12:17 AM
toyokogyo

the no vowels thing *ie : fndhmntl & using a triangle for the letter A is played out. i would stay away from that stuff.

It would be awesome minus the hood and in a black colour.
The design kinda reminds me of the Nokia game "snakes"
http://p.d.ovi.com/p/g/store/2423312/TertiaryScreenShot_256x256_02-192x192.jpg?q=WhFn4xmmWRJZbyNnyU09VEqgu4aY8dx*&c=ovi_store
February 5, 2012 @ 01:08 AM
black

Not bad Jake..I'm interested in seeing your logo. Distant Light has a good ring to it without supply co at the end of it. I'm not referring to the one dudes reason of Diamond having that same addition to their name. I just don't think you need it.

Also, what's the concept behind the name? What are you (any of you starting brands) bringing to the table besides "fly" gear.
I'm a sucker for meaning. There has to be a meaning behind what you do. If there isn't than you're just making cool shirts with no substance. I'd like to invite all of you to explain what your brands stand for.

Jake, I'm directing my attention back to you now. Since you seem to have the right idea with your brand why not act as a helping hand? You can be blunt but delicate. I don't think it's right to tell someone who's looking for feedback to scratch their entire idea.

You went off on my topic about how unoriginal my brand was due to our use of pigeons. You mentioned a company I had never heard of and a man I hold in very high regard as reasons why my brand was bad. I invite you to find out about my company. Do your research. The Gully Steez idea was birthed 4-5 years ago..we're new on here, not new to this hustle. We've been in development ever since. We just released our first lineup of multiple tees after years of random one tee limited drops that were sold locally. All these years the pigeon has been a major part of our mantra and our image because of what the bird represents to us, not because Stpl used the bird on dunks.
Do you got Steez?

Our blog sucks..
When I get home I will be adding pics of some of the designs that we came out with Dec. 1st for anybody who didn't visit the website.

Just to start off, i never said your brand was bad nor to scratch the idea. I just said that the pigeon logo has been used multiple times and I thought it was very unoriginal of you. However, I assumed the the brand was new since you posted in the "new lines" section, but it is not so there was no way you could've copied it. gotcha.

any ways, the supply co. is just the trade name. instead of adding 'clothing co.' it will be supply co., my products are not only going to be apparel.

it took a shitload of time to finally settle on the name 'distant light', after many many many other potential names. the name came to me from the phrase"there is always a light at the end of the tunnel". whatever you are trying to achieve or trying to progress, this saying applys. it has always been a saying thats been in the back of my mind, and "distant light" describes it.

the reason i am starting a brand is because, i want to. i have done my research for about a year now, gathered up a shit load information, read alot of books, all that jazz (still always learning though) and i wanted to be bring something new and different to the table. i am tired of brands just coming out with a dumb design and slapping it on a shirt and calling it "streetwear". not only will the designs dominate, but the aesthetics of the brand will shine aswell.

i'm trying to keep everything as exclusive as possible, so i am actually unable to post my full logo design on here, sorry. if you are really interested though, you can email me.

on the other hand, i never said to quit what your doing. i see potential in the brand, but im not a huge fan of your designs.
i don't really like those designs, but if your selling them i am not one to speak. get real product shots!

I wasn't referring to what you said to me with telling people to scratch their brands...you basically just hit me with that one liner about the pigeon. But I was looking through this thread and there were a couple of comments that I thought could really have been more helpful.

I'm all about the criticism though and thank you for it. I respect that you're not feeling our designs. Everybody has their own taste.

Your concept for the brand is dope..the whole reason behind the name sounds deep so it's definitely something that will build your perception. I think naming your brand is probably the hardest thing to do and realizing why you really want to do this is as well. I respect that you have that defined. I am interested in viewing the logo so I'll be emailing you..we're all part of the new wave of street wear so it's important that we help each other out.

The name, branding, and the finding the message behind the brand is definitely the hardest part. It is all so critical to your brand. takes a lot of time and patience.

You two motherfuckers need to stop writing books back and fourth to each other and focus on your design/market/buis skill sets, especially design. Post your shit, then go back to work, stop wasting your time with the attention seeking non sense. Unless of course, what you actually want to do, is become writers, in that case write on.

blackmfg.co fitted goods

February 5, 2012 @ 02:47 AM
stillwild

Looking for feedback on company's logo / mascot.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

February 5, 2012 @ 03:22 AM
hypebeast1

Wsup hypebeast. After surveying from a couple other forums, we have finalized our new design for our crewneck sweatshirt that'll be releasing in March. Here is your sneakpeek to my new design, lemme know what you think..

^ The cities in the graphic is actually SF (Top) and LA (bottom).
Photos above are not the actual product**
February 5, 2012 @ 04:31 AM
chads

What are they supposed to say. That is so wack...

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 5, 2012 @ 05:14 AM
stillwild

I'll accept your opinion; but it seems that criticism in this thread is rarely constructive.

The logo says "Twenty Eight Grams."

February 5, 2012 @ 05:29 AM
buddyrock

1st logo is hard to read try adding a outline on the writing.

2nd logo is hard to read too. add a different color for each word
February 5, 2012 @ 05:30 AM
im_shy

http://twentyeightgrams.com/post/16860582074/save-the-trees
^this would make as a cooler logo/design idea than the trees face i think.
February 5, 2012 @ 05:36 AM
chads

^Im not hating, I actually like it better than most other stuff on this thread, I just couldnt read it. I agree, i like the trees.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 5, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
stillwild

Thanks for the feedback!

February 5, 2012 @ 07:22 AM
Jake Ocean

Do you got Steez?

Our blog sucks..

You two motherfuckers need to stop writing books back and fourth to each other and focus on your design/market/buis skill sets, especially design. Post your shit, then go back to work, stop wasting your time with the attention seeking non sense. Unless of course, what you actually want to do, is become writers, in that case write on.

i can tell your a little bit retarded. i dont even know what you mean by that.
may b if i typed lyk this u wood be more understanding? ok.

February 5, 2012 @ 04:12 PM
joeschott

Wsup hypebeast. After surveying from a couple other forums, we have finalized our new design for our crewneck sweatshirt that'll be releasing in March. Here is your sneakpeek to my new design, lemme know what you think..

the lifted minds design is alright if you get rid of the smaller text, and totally scrap that sweatshirt model pic - it's really obvious you used the clone stamp tool over it. and then the second design has way too much shit going on, that'll never translate onto a shirt well. i also don't tihnk a tag connected to the collar is a good look

Owner/Creator: nopeclothing.com / fypblog.com

February 5, 2012 @ 04:21 PM
panzram

Yeah, the collar tag has to go.
February 5, 2012 @ 04:28 PM
negiwolf

those look all REALLY good, im liking this last one especially. im guessing these are sketches so try and get em done in illustrator while trying to keep the hand drawn feel, and it'll definitely look super neat.fully backed.

EDIT:
I tried doin it in illustrator out of boredom and i think it came out pretty decent, hope you dont mind me doin this

if you want to use it just let me know and ill send you the illustrator file, just post me a tshirt if you ever get em printed ahaha

sleepingtherapy.tumblr.com

February 5, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
hypebeast1

the lifted minds design is alright if you get rid of the smaller text, and totally scrap that sweatshirt model pic - it's really obvious you used the clone stamp tool over it. and then the second design has way too much shit going on, that'll never translate onto a shirt well. i also don't tihnk a tag connected to the collar is a good look

Thanks for the comment! Yeah, I blurred off the original sweatshirt graphic of the model pic just to get a feel of how it'll look with our graphic on a sweatshirt since we don't have the actual product produced at this moment...:b As for the collar, I'll keep that in mind in the future; we've already ordered the tags altogether and it would be a waste if we don't use them..:x More comments are welcome..:]
February 5, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
Deweze

If any of you guys need Google+ pages for your brands, let me know, I'll be happy to help.
http://hypebeast.com/forums/general-fashion-discussion/165311/
February 6, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
hypebeast1

UCI BBA rocking our shirt during school cypher..smile

Enjoyyyy..:]

Please login first to reply.