Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 13, 2012 @ 10:30 PM
mumbai

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

its a $99 game console that is being pledged on kickstarter, i wanna know what you guys think about this before i pledge for one. im not a techy type person so i dont fully understand this
July 15, 2012 @ 08:14 AM
Relax.

This shit is a scam real talk
July 15, 2012 @ 09:19 PM
christopher.

give this a read. Seven reasons why the OUYA is a bad idea.
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/IanFisch/20120711/173901/
At first i thought it was going to be a cool idea, but after reading this, its probably going to fail.
July 15, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
Trollinator

I'm sticking to the ps4

I want to see the world burn

July 16, 2012 @ 02:20 AM
99%Shit

:/ I'm going to be getting one.

They're currently porting XBMC to Android. So this will be able to be a media hub, complete with access to Netflix and HuluPlus. Even if you don't use XBMC, there are other Media Centre apps out there. It also plays games, Tegra 3 games. The T3 is a more than capable SoC, it's a 4+1 core CPU coupled with a 12 core GPU. It runs stock from 1.3 - 1.6GHz, and since this is 'hackable', I see no reason why one couldn't OC it to ~2GHz with a custom kernel. The T3 GPU runs at 20MHz faster than the 360 GPU, and also uses DDR3 memory in the 1.6GHz trim like the one in the ASUS TF700. I'm going to assume that the RAM is DDR3 as well, seeing as the opted to only include 1GB, probably my only gripe is the lackluster RAM.

I see no reason why they wouldn't work in mouse support, there are a number of tablets that already do this. Ones running the same Tegra 3 SoC. I'm sure they'd even work in, get this, controller navigation. To say Android NEEDS touch input is ridiculous. I can navigate my Atrix with just the fingerprint sensor on the rear, it acts as a trackpad, and this is a pad that is about 0.5cm^2. I'm running the same OS as the OUYA(albeit a buggy version of CM9), and using a Tegra 2 SoC. I can also use a DS3 controller to play games on my phone, so I see no reason why games on the OUYA would be any different. Hell, the OUYA has BT4.0, so I'm imagining I can use my phone as a controller/keyboard in the same way I use it for my PS3.

If devs start making games for tablets like the Infinity, there will be games for the OUYA. Scaling will be a non-issue seeing as the Infinity has a 1920x1200 screen, which means there is little to be changed to get it to output on a 1080p screen. ICS and JB are designed to scale apps to fit the host screen, be it a 4.3" 720p IPS or a 10.1" 1200p IPS screen. The OUYA does not need to be developed for exclusively, but it does open the door to a market that is currently untapped by AOS devs, stationary gaming.

Plus, it's $100. The cheapest device running ICS with a T3 SoC is the Nexus 7, and even that is twice that price. It will sell. It HAS sold. It already has games. The may not be 'officially' supported, but if you've ever sideloaded an app on a phone that wasn't officially supported, you'll know that this device will have little problems by way of playing existing games.

That article was laughable, the author mustn't know anything about Android. Wait 'til the good folks over at XDA get a hold of an OUYA, SDK version or otherwise.

narsha.narsha.narsha

Please login first to reply.