Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 16, 2013 @ 10:37 PM
WhoIsCaesar

Well not really "thinking" about so much as "definitely doing it". I've been in MCJROTC all through high school and hope I get a NROTC scholarship. If I don't i'll apply and hope I get accepted into it. If that fails i'll (attempt) PLC. If all of those fail, i'll enlist. 

So question time.
Would ya'll ever join the Marines(or military in general)? 
What do you think of Marines?
Do you really give a damn about the military?

I hashtagged the hashtag and trademarked the trademark

June 16, 2013 @ 10:38 PM
petrol

Well not really "thinking" about so much as "definitely doing it". I've been in MCJROTC all through high school and hope I get a NROTC scholarship. If I don't i'll apply and hope I get accepted into it. If that fails i'll (attempt) PLC. If all of those fail, i'll enlist. 

So question time.
lolmurines. slaves to washington. sign the contract, sign your live away. rather get money on my own call.
June 16, 2013 @ 10:44 PM
cheyaaa

Do it. You need some discipline FAST.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

June 16, 2013 @ 10:49 PM
Black Jew

Al Capone would never join the marines bruh.
June 16, 2013 @ 10:50 PM
WhoIsCaesar

So question time.
lolmurines. slaves to washington. sign the contract, sign your live away. rather get money on my own call.
Nah b, after O-3 you don't really "fight". At 0-4 is when you turn into an office guy giving order. They're still deployed like everyone else. Really going up to O-6 is when you see combat. But, like I said, "the front line" shit pretty much stops at O-4.

June 16, 2013 @ 11:07 PM
offensive-commenter

lol go ahead. join an army to fight for a few old white guys in the government who don't care about you. and remember, if you don't die in battle, you're doing it wrong.
June 16, 2013 @ 11:19 PM
No Fuxx Given

Nah I don't have anything against it. In fact I was thinking about going into the military when I was younger but I got talked outta that shit real quick. I liked the movie idea of that shit and its all cool but I started to think about the reality of it and decided fuck no. once u sign that contract ur theirs for the next 6 years I believe... I'd rather take my chances goin to college

Fly on little wing

June 16, 2013 @ 11:21 PM
WhoIsCaesar

i was gonna join the army for a bit but fuck that

have fun hanging with power hungry nerds with tribal tats who love their country ...
"(5) SLEEVE TATTOOS AS DEFINED IN PARAGRAGH 5A ARE PROHIBITED.  HALF-SLEEVE OR QUARTER-SLEEVE TATTOOS THAT ARE VISIBLE TO THE EYE WHEN WEARING STANDARD PHYSICAL TRAINING (PT) GEAR ARE LIKEWISE PROHIBITED.  NO ADDITIONAL ACTION IS REQUIRED BY MARINES WHOSE SLEEVE TATTOOS WERE PREVIOUSLY GRANDFATHERED PER MARADMIN 198/07."

What tribal tattoo is smaller than a quarter sleeve?

June 16, 2013 @ 11:22 PM
rabbitman

So question time.
wow youre so deep and underground and unique. whats it like being the embodiment of the counter-culture?

be careful what you pretend to be

June 16, 2013 @ 11:33 PM
rabbitman

on the real though after i get my bachelor's i'm probably gonna do it to pay4law school. it depends on the person really, but the option gets alot of hate here b/c with streetwear comes people trying too hard to be 'underground' and 'not part of the system'.

you get a decent income, paid schooling, and opportunity for advancement. i have an uncle who joined the army, used them to get an engineering degree, then did maintenance/piloted on helicopters. he retired around 48 and is very well off. its good job experience and and looks good on resumes b/c it implies discipline.
you'll make friends there, but there's also douchebags as there are in any portion of society. just because youre in the military doesnt mean youll be stuck in a combat role, alot of thats up to you. you also get to see the world. however, you'll have to be good at taking orders and being a subordinate, although with time you could be one of the people calling the shots as long as you dont fuck up

June 16, 2013 @ 11:36 PM
It's Only Hype

idk if you watch The Devil Dog Gamer on YT, but I think he has some funny insights, stories & info about the corps

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE0CD439AC24515ED
June 16, 2013 @ 11:54 PM
i01111000

So question time.
1. Fuck no
2. The toughest branch
3. We need somebody to spread democracy

Without the military there would be no government. Just upheaval and rebellion. People stay in line because they no that no matter how  many AR-15's they buy, they can't fuck with the U.S. Military. Now the Egyptians, Syrians, Libyans, etc all felt that they could fuck with their country's military and in 2/3 cases they could. The last time a group was so bold with the U.S. was the Civil War and Lincoln fucked Robert E Lee and the CSA in the ass, raw.

oooh baby i like it raaaaw
June 17, 2013 @ 12:00 AM
thatkidcisco

My brother just got back from Marines Corps boot camp. He loved it, he's always been weird like that though. He leaves for SOI (School of Infantry) tomorrow. He chose to be infantry, machine gunner. Wish he would of picked something that he could do for after he's done with his 4 years. 

Edit: But no lie, he's been back for a week and he's already bagged like 3 bitches. He just flashes his dog tags and they're on him. 
June 17, 2013 @ 12:04 AM
petrol

be down voting fags. keep beveling the shit you been told by the media. working below minimum wage, not given the option to choose. the benefits aint worth it. soon they be cutting forces. Afghanistan is ending next year.
June 17, 2013 @ 12:06 AM
petrol

So question time.
Nah b, after O-3 you don't really "fight". At 0-4 is when you turn into an office guy giving order. They're still deployed like everyone else. Really going up to O-6 is when you see combat. But, like I said, "the front line" shit pretty much stops at O-4.
O6? you be pulling in 30years before reaching that rank. dont even bother lookin' so far ahead
June 17, 2013 @ 12:15 AM
oneallah

speak to marines, why the fuck are you asking on hypebeast?
June 17, 2013 @ 12:57 AM
brianscalabrine

If you don't have a clear path on what you want to do, military is a good option. Look into the other branches other than marines based on your major, or even the reserves if you dont want to commit 3-4 yrs +. The benefits would help you in all areas (financial, connections, the title of being in the military)
June 17, 2013 @ 02:06 AM
Soul Rize

wouldn't do it unless u ok with being friends with ur "buddies" u made from the military and amount to never being rich or making anything over 100k but at least you can have a beer with "the guys"

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

June 17, 2013 @ 02:30 AM
WhoIsCaesar

wouldn't do it unless u ok with being friends with ur "buddies" u made from the military and amount to never being rich or making anything over 100k but at least you can have a beer with "the guys"
My uncle just retired as an E-8 in the army. His house is worth 5 million. No flex, but you have a very skewed view. Their not exactly the "broke fuccboys" you think they are. 

June 17, 2013 @ 02:34 AM

Inactive

Rich in pocket or rich in mind?

Do what makes you happy.
June 17, 2013 @ 02:51 AM
Swag Master Flex

-It's not the most ideal time to join the military. Obama is cutting a bunch of GI incentives currently and if you don't like the idea of cleaning barracks 24/7 then you better pray you don't get garrisoned in some shithole. Joining the armed forces is not something you want to do on a whim, if you choose that route you need to realize all the potential opportunities state side that you're going to miss.And I really don't mean to hate, but the junior ROTC is just some cutesy shit, I've seen tons of your little platoons out and about and they're all a bunch of chucklefucks.

-They're not elite or the best of the best like you see in COD. They could just pass the tests and have a little bit more understanding about their surroundings during combat scenarios. Other than that, you'll just be ordered around all day like a grunt; and if you plan on spending more than four years on active duty then once again you'll miss a bunch of opportunities here that you can have so you can get decent pay and not live like a prisoner.

-Honestly, no. My DI was a MP in the armed forces, and my advisor was a soldier; and they don't even like to talk about their time serving. They steer us away from it so we don't make the same decision. My personal advice if you like the protecting and serving aspect of the forces is to stay state side, enroll in a community college if you need to so you can save a little money while you go after your degree in criminal justice, grab an officer job somewhere and do your three law enforcement years, then apply for bigger agencies like the FBI, ATF, or U.S. Marshals. That way you get all around better training, you can live comfortably while making some good money, and you don't have to worry about placing yourself somewhere after your tour is over. Honestly I know what you're going through, I've been stuck at the same decision before. And this is the best path to me. Good luck, and if you do decide to enlist then may god keep you safe.

Y'ALL THOUGHT IT WAS RENTED?

June 17, 2013 @ 02:55 AM
petrol

My uncle just retired as an E-8 in the army. His house is worth 5 million. No flex, but you have a very skewed view. Their not exactly the "broke fuccboys" you think they are. 
if you get your personal finance set up right, maybe so. but Washington's cutting left and right. deployment bonuses being slashed. GI bill cuts, Housing cuts,  Retirement cuts, etc. the post 9/11 glory days are near over. the military's slipping back to Clinton days as pres

but never expect to make it far. military service is hard on your body. plenty who sign up never reach their supposed contract time in and get early medical retirements with little cash not much worth shit for being a cripple afterwords.
June 17, 2013 @ 02:55 AM

Inactive

Chasing money but really money is chasing you.
June 17, 2013 @ 03:36 AM
spriteremix

marines is for clowns n bitch niggas that cant find any other way in life

especially in current times

i knew a dude who out of emotional desperation and stupidity enlisted into the navy to "impress" this known whore who dumped him and ended up committing crimes to get out of deployment
June 17, 2013 @ 01:38 PM
Herban

Joining the military  has probably been the best choice I've ever made. At age 18 after 6 months of military training I had already been nationally certified to be a Pharmacy Technician for the United States Navy. For that tour of four years I was stationed in San Diego. Let me break it down for you:

E-4: I was in for less than two years at the time so I was being payed $1980.00 a month

Basic Housing Allowance(BAH): This is money allotted by the military to allow you to stay in civilian living quarters. My rent was $1195.00 a month for a two bedroom two bath in Imperial Beach on the beach. They allotted $1491.00 a month for rent. I had a roommate so we split everything. I was really paying $600 a month. So I was pocketing the other $900.

Basic Allowance for Substinence(BAS): This is the money allotted for groceries each month which is about $350. Straight into my pocket for no reason.

Deployments: Basically money out of the ass. So many extra pay. I worked in an air conditioned environment and still got to put rounds down range.

So in total at age 18 I was making about $3800 a month, before living expenses, and working a job that I was nationally certified in so if I chose to get out I can land a job at almost any pharmacy in the country.

Now after four years of deployments and them paying for my undergraduate school they're currently sending me through PA school. Fully paid.

I'll admit not everyone has the same experience as I in the military. You just have to be smart, know what you're doing, and stay out of trouble. OP if you want more info pm me.

Edit: I worked 9-5 at a hospital mon-fri.
June 17, 2013 @ 04:39 PM
tomee

do whatever you want. don't care too much what others think. if it feels good go for it
June 17, 2013 @ 05:23 PM
BTD

The weird ass kids at my school are in JROTC...

Black Panther member

June 17, 2013 @ 06:10 PM
sbesus

To me, being in the military is just a career choice, you join, get trained in a particular field of expertise, and you work by contributing to a war declared by politicians and corporations. If you want to join, just pick the right MOS for you, talk to a recruiter and study for the ASVAB. If your scores are low or don't match to the requirements of the MOS dat you wanted, then they'll try to throw you in a crappy MOS like a truck driver. The best route if you wanna be a servicemen is to become an officer.   

EXCLUSIVE HB BEATS @ https://soundcloud.com/hbcypher by HB PRODUCERS

June 17, 2013 @ 09:36 PM
rabbitman

by contributing to a war declared by politicians and corporations.
to be fair, everyone is forced to contribute anyway. if you purchase certain items, youre fueling corporations. if you pay taxes, youre fueling the government. i.e. theyre able to fund the wars. organized society is centered around governments and/or corporations, its impossible to not be involved unless you wanna live in the woods

June 17, 2013 @ 11:26 PM
RiFF RaFF

kill people and make seem "socially acceptable"

fuck violence and war to begin with. 

do what ever you want. i've always viewed the army/military/navy/airforce/marines as a place for fucks up to go to

Be about it

Please login first to reply.