Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
May 17, 2012 @ 05:40 PM
No Days Off

May 17, 2012 @ 06:31 PM
Jay_Bird

THIS ALBUM IS GOING TO END UP LIKE WEEKEND AT BURNIES FOR ME

the beats were ok,but nothing wow me

im a spitta fan,but this cd is just not wowing me like the pilot talks or covert coupe(which was his best cd to date)

i guess if i was still smoking weed,this cd will have that laidback feel that smokers love

but since i havent smoked in awhile,its just doesnt wow me

its borderline boring to be honest

just like someone said in another thread

spitta got owned by wale on his single

thats not a good start
May 17, 2012 @ 08:35 PM
ouija

To each his own, but I'd laugh in your face if you said Wale's verse>Spitta's on what it look like...I normally skip to 1:30 every time I listen to it and this song is way better than the Wale one to me.

That said...I would agree that this album is shaping up to be a little more like WAB as opposed to the Pilot Talks...still Curren$y is my favorite artist and I bought the CD/rolling tray combo so I look forward to my first listen to the album.

I'm also excited about the Wayne feature, but out of the 13 songs 10 or 11 have features...that's kind of weak.
May 17, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
Jay_Bird

nah even though i dont mess with wale

wale got spitta on that verse

and whats sad wale freestyled that verse,you can see it on youtuve

and ouija spitta always do 13 songs on his cd

and only spit 2 verses on a song

dude got hustle and lazy at the sametime

you cant find me a song where spitta,went in for 3 verses,if you do its not many
May 17, 2012 @ 09:51 PM
ouija

I don't know about 3 verses but Covert Coup only had 2 features and most people agree it's his best work, no coincidence there.
May 17, 2012 @ 09:57 PM
Jay_Bird

he had more then 2 features

he had

prodigy
freddie gibbs
smoke dza
fiend

and it was only 10 tracks,the other tracks was just him but all of them only had two verses

hell smoke break was one verse
May 17, 2012 @ 10:02 PM
BIRTH

this track cool

May 17, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
ouija

Damn I was wrong, but it's funny that you bring up Smoke Break, super short but my favorite song on the album.

I'm squeaking past a yellow light
Doin 65, hope that wasn't one of them camera joints
Traffic eyes in the sky
May 18, 2012 @ 12:17 AM
cheezyDaba

most of spitta's best joints are one verse songs....pretty much all of covert coupe and airborne aquarium were one verse.

Personally I dont listen to spitta for his lines or "owning" somebody on a track....hes more about the all around vibe of a song and most of his shit goes over peoples heads on first listen anyway. I know i still go back and catch new shit on some tracks.

weakest part of WAB was the beats....especially coming off PT and CC. so if the beats arent sick then its hard to listen to anyway.
May 18, 2012 @ 12:26 AM
Jay_Bird

yeah see thats how i am,curren$y has a ear for beats

but WAB was a boring album,and this album seems like it will be the same

but I mean its hard to follow after ski beatz and alchemist though,them two kats right there are legendary

I just hope curren$y is still planning on dropping covert coupe pt.2

and dropping pilot talk 3
May 18, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

Inactive

iAgree, This Song Was Decent But iWould Want To See Him Drop PT3, He's Usually Got A Good Ear For Beats But Thats Been Falling Off Recently, iDef Wanna Hear That Wayne Collab Tho
May 22, 2012 @ 09:28 PM
jet35

I agree with what most of yall are saying.. I was a big Curren$y fan for a long while. I think This Aint No Mixtape, PT1, PT2, COVERT COUP was his best work... As of lately I havent been into his jams.. maybe 1 or 2 but i dont know just hasnt been the same

Pilot Talk 3 needs to come out!!!

OH yeahhh and How Fly 2 needs to be put out as well!! How Fly was crazy goood. every song on the mixtape was FKN GREAT!!

Please login first to reply.