hype cog

Official Fixed Gear Thread

May 02, 2011 @ 23:34
while we're on the topic of wheels what are a decent of wheels? (beyond DP's, deep v's, etc.)
May 03, 2011 @ 02:57
while we're on the topic of wheels what are a decent of wheels? (beyond DP's, deep v's, etc.)

depends what you want? if you're looking better than deep v's you're probably going to be building the wheelset. I have a set of profile hubs that I absolutely love (now on my brothers eighthinch) laced to deep v's but if you are looking for something even nicer but still rideable on the street I'd point you in the direction of Mavic's. Either open pro's or MA40's but H+Sons are nice as well. As for hubs I'd go with Phil Woods, Dura Ace, Profile or GranCompe
May 06, 2011 @ 00:28
I'm working on getting a new headset/handlebars. I love my fixed gear.

Such a great experience riding with no brakes and all.

quincybanks.bandcamp.com | quincybanks.tumblr.com | instagram.com/quincybanks | twitter.com/QQuincyBanks | soundcloud.com/quincybanks

May 06, 2011 @ 17:10
hey folks, I have a question about the best pedals/cages/straps for my recent build. I've been riding on platforms but need to switch to something with more resistance for braking. any suggestions?
May 06, 2011 @ 17:53
I moved up my seat about an inch and a half. Wow, much better experience and I think i have way more control of the bike. Track stands are 10 times easier and before when I wore jeans they almost wanted to ride up haha.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

May 11, 2011 @ 03:45
I was thinking of some track attacks or H + son eero's laced to phil woods
May 12, 2011 @ 13:53
I was thinking of some track attacks or H + son eero's laced to phil woods

the latter of the two would be far better
May 14, 2011 @ 04:31
hey folks, I have a question about the best pedals/cages/straps for my recent build. I've been riding on platforms but need to switch to something with more resistance for braking. any suggestions?

I have Origin8 metal clips and their double straps. Works perfectly fine for me.
May 14, 2011 @ 05:50
good job + rep
May 19, 2011 @ 18:17
Made myself some straps!

My setup~
May 19, 2011 @ 22:15
Clipless>

Step yo game up ♥♥♥♥♥♥s
May 20, 2011 @ 02:15
too bad GOrilla is GONE! smh

May 20, 2011 @ 03:14
[QUOTE='Tommy [F4F];3008919']too bad GOrilla is GONE! smh

good news. they ain't.
http://prollyisnotprobably.com/2011/04/gorilla_branding_evolution.php
May 20, 2011 @ 03:16
[QUOTE='Tommy [F4F];3008919']too bad GOrilla is GONE! smh

good news. they ain't.
http://prollyisnotprobably.com/2011/04/gorilla_branding_evolution.php
May 20, 2011 @ 03:20
whoa i havent been on prolly for awhile now and this is what i missed?!...good lookin out smokeyface
May 21, 2011 @ 14:46
Clipless>

Step yo game up ♥♥♥♥♥♥s

not even necessary. I'm usually riding somewhere then hanging out, and I'd rather be in normal shoes for that.
May 21, 2011 @ 20:53
i still dont understand the whole hype behind these.its a bike that only has one gear.so whats the big deal?
May 21, 2011 @ 23:41
Answer
Originally posted by Inactive User
i still dont understand the whole hype behind these.its a bike that only has one gear.so whats the big deal?

I've been into fixed gear bikes for a while now and actually started riding one about a year ago. From what I have heard along with my own experience, the hype comes from their simplicity, their ability to be customized and accessorized, the attainable speed, and maneuverability(They ride completely different than multiple-geared bikes.), but most people start riding because of others.
May 21, 2011 @ 23:51

They look cooler then regular road bikes, and they are hip. smokeyface

May 22, 2011 @ 09:00

They feel completely different, its all about momentum.
May 22, 2011 @ 09:32
fixed gear gets so much better as you get better at it. feels so free skidding for like 30feet while sideways etc. turning corners skidding is amazing also and just feels awesome.
May 22, 2011 @ 16:55
not even necessary. I'm usually riding somewhere then hanging out, and I'd rather be in normal shoes for that.

Typical fixie faggot. Cool trackstands bro

Hypehypehypehype. Remember Gopeds? Remember Razor scooters? Its the same shit, just another fad that'll fade away

I've been into fixed gear bikes for a while now and actually started riding one about a year ago. From what I have heard along with my own experience, the hype comes from their simplicity, their ability to be customized and accessorized, the attainable speed, and maneuverability(They ride completely different than multiple-geared bikes.), but most people start riding because of others.

This is probably the stupidest shit ive ever read.
Cause no other bike can be customized or accessorized right? I didnt know i coulnt upgrade my wheelsets, seat, fork, gruppe, handlebars on my Fuji SL1 Pro....
Attainable speed? ♥♥♥♥♥ you top out after a certain RPM fuck outta here....And can you please elaborate on how they ride differently than a true road bike? i cant wait to here this one

They look cooler then regular road bikes, and they are hip. smokeyface

Typical fixie faggot

They feel completely different, its all about momentum.

Only thing i agree with here...unless your riding free hub

fixed gear gets so much better as you get better at it. feels so free skidding for like 30feet while sideways etc. turning corners skidding is amazing also and just feels awesome.

Fixie faggot fixie faggot fixie faggot.

Dont get me wrong, I dont have a problem with riders that actually RIDE...its the ones like most of you that do it to be "hip", "cool"....sweet skid stops bro. Its the fixie faggots that pull up next to me thinking they could hang, but end up dropping off cause theyve never ridden more than 5 miles or have ever climbed hills.
May 22, 2011 @ 17:01
Typical fixie faggot. Cool trackstands bro

Hypehypehypehype. Remember Gopeds? Remember Razor scooters? Its the same shit, just another fad that'll fade away

This is probably the stupidest shit ive ever read.
Cause no other bike can be customized or accessorized right? I didnt know i coulnt upgrade my wheelsets, seat, fork, gruppe, handlebars on my Fuji SL1 Pro....
Attainable speed? ♥♥♥♥♥ you top out after a certain RPM fuck outta here....And can you please elaborate on how they ride differently than a true road bike? i cant wait to here this one

Typical fixie faggot

Only thing i agree with here...unless your riding free hub

Fixie faggot fixie faggot fixie faggot.

Dont get me wrong, I dont have a problem with riders that actually RIDE...its the ones like most of you that do it to be "hip", "cool"....sweet skid stops bro. Its the fixie faggots that pull up next to me thinking they could hang, but end up dropping off cause theyve never ridden more than 5 miles or have ever climbed hills.

Tell em why you mad son. lol

May 22, 2011 @ 17:15
Thank you. has been very good.
May 22, 2011 @ 17:41
Tell em why you mad son. lol

You wear jorts dont you?
May 22, 2011 @ 18:31
You wear jorts dont you?

Actually yeah I do. Gotta stay fresh

As for your last post, quit your bitching. Go cry somewhere else.

May 22, 2011 @ 18:40
Actually yeah I do. Gotta stay fresh

As for your last post, quit your bitching. Go cry somewhere else.

Why you mad tho? No one forced you to be a fixie faggot
May 22, 2011 @ 19:40
l0l come out to ride with me loofa. 12am rides and we go 30ish miles usually
May 22, 2011 @ 19:54
l0l come out to ride with me loofa. 12am rides and we go 30ish miles usually

Im down Andy. PM me your info. Were doing a +60 mile loop tuesday if youre down.
Its either gonna be HB-Greenriver loop or UCI-Backbay-Queen Mary loop....finishing it off climbing Jamboree
May 23, 2011 @ 14:26
I definitely am a typical fixie faggot. smokeyface You're exactly what the fuck is wrong with the cycling community. I never met a roadie that I liked. All of you cock suckers in your spandex and 26,000 fucking gears. I do ride my bike, I do climb hills, but when I ride it's usually under 30 miles a day so I don't think going clipless is necessary.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0