Lol @ people thinking the game was fixed. Why even watch the games then.
Why watch wrestling? Entertainment. I don't even take the nba seriously. Everyone knows it's fake.
the NBA is almost as scripted/fake as WWE nowadays
edit: Found this on another forum. Quotes from forums back in the 90s
I was just wondering what other T-Wolves fans thought about the next
draft. IF the Wolves have the chance to take either point guard Allen
Iverson (assuming he comes out) or center Tim Duncan, who should they
take? My roommate and I strongly vote for Iverson. Tim Duncan doesn't
have the aggressiveness to play in the pros.
> The spurs suck - what a disgrace! You guys are all a bunch of old farts
> who get injured and can't come through. The Utah Jazz rule. By far the
> best team in the league. MVP? What a fluke that Robinson in '95. The
> real MVP is in Utah
> Karl Malone
> Go Jazz!
> Ultimate Jazz Fan
Can't come through??? Man, the Jazz are even bigger chokers than the
Spurs! They have 2 players that are top 5 in their position..all time!
And they still haven't done ****. Until I see Malone with a ring, you can
just shut the **** up.
Subject: Re: Kobe Bryant for Isaih Rider
You would be an idiot to drop Rider in order to pick up Kobe, Rider, while yes, he is a head case, will get you 20ppg, and 4 boards 4 assists and a steal, Kobe on the other hand is not even the 6th man on the Lakers, he's barely the seventh man, this would be an idiotic moev in my opinion because even when he is healthy, Kobe just won't get the minutes. You may not like Riderm but he's a good fantasy guard.
The WORLD CHAMPION LOS ANGELES LAKERS
David Shlapak *
View profile *
*More options Jun 10 1985, 3:26*pm
* * It's been really sweet...last season, I sat in a f***ing hotel room
* * in Washington D.C. watching the Lakers give the title to the Celtics.
* * I nearly did a Roger Daltrey on that Holiday Inn, I tell you...
* * Revenge, like (not coincidentaly) champagne, is best served cold...
* * I mean, it was Magic to Kareem the Celtics like this. *Dancing Barry
* * is high-stepping across the Boston Crybabies' grave even as I speak...
* * I mean, pardon me for gloating, but I HATE BOSTON! *I ALWAYS HAVE!!
* * I ALWAYS WILL!!! *AND THE LAKERS BEAT THEIR BUTTS RIGHT INTO THAT
* * CREAKY, MOLDY, UGLY-AS-SIN FLOOR IN THE SO-CALLED "GARDEN!"
* * I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOV E IT!
* * I DON'T want to hear about Larry Bird's injuries...anyone who played
* * 45 minutes a night can't be dying...Face it, he just got all
* * Coop'd up...
* * I DON'T want to hear about the 2-3-2 playoff format...after all, Boston
* * voted FOR it at the league meeting when it was adopted...
* * In fact, all I want to hear is what I'm going to hear before every
* * game next year when the radio or TV broadcast begins:
* * * * * * The WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers on on the air...
* * or, to quote Pat Riley..."We put that goddam parquet floor where the
* * sun don't shine..."
* * Now that's poetry Worthy of...oh, M. L. Carr, maybe...
* * Now, if all y'all will 'scuse me, I believe I heard another champagne
* * cork pop... Coming, Jack...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --- das