hype cog
HYPEBEAST Forums is currently frozen. Threads and posts are still available to view. A new community initiative is being developed and will be rolled out soon.

Need tips on job interview as a bank teller

Sep 03, 2008 @ 13:28
Hey, I will be having my job interview for the TD Bank this coming week and I was wondering if anyone have experience on some questions they might ask or things I should be aware of/do during the interview.

Also I know I should dress up but what kind of suit should I wear?

Thanks!
Sep 03, 2008 @ 13:41
wear a decent looking suit. navy blu, black, or grey

they are going to ask you about your experience
they are going to ask you why you want to work there
they are going to ask you what why they should hire you.

It may also help if u do your research on the bank itself and have a question or two to ask them and you should be good
Sep 03, 2008 @ 15:14
When I interviewed, I just wore a real nice shirt and tie. I was groomed super well, smelled good, practiced some proper bank and professional etiquette, and yes, read up on some history or current state of the bank, that really impresses if you know how well the bank is doing.

I'll share this with you:
Working at a bank can be a repetitive process everyday to the point that you could get comfortable and make a mistake..and during the probationary period, that can cost you your job.
I worked at a bank for about 4 months and did not like having people on my back ALL day, watching my every move.... It took ONE fuckin' mistake for me to be let go.
This dude had REAL copies of a companies check that used multiple styles. He had written out multiple checks to himself for amounts around $300 to about $700 so that they looked like normal payroll checks. Well, since I was on probation, my limits for check cashing were at $500 for payroll, anything above that, I had to get signed off from a supervisor. Well just that ONE time, I didn't. I had gotten really comfortable there at the branch and I was NEVER short at the end of the shift. My low level supervisors didnt mind me cashing checks around the $500 mark. Well the check I cashed was for about $600 and it obviously was not authorized by the supervisor or company... SO, I was let go on suggestion by the higher authorities of my branch, not my branch manager because they deemed me "too high of risk".

So, just my little experience at the bank. I worked at a more, how should I say, "exculsive-ish" bank where it wasn't uncommon to see a client who had more than $1,000,000 in multiple accounts.... we're talking some HIGH ROLLERS of San Diego. It was fun to meet these people who had connects ALL over the gaslamp, I mean FULLY comped VIP tables, dinners, tickets to events, etc...all in just four months!
Sep 03, 2008 @ 15:21
study ur own resume especially if someone did it for u. Suit is a must for a bank position.
Sep 03, 2008 @ 18:34
tell them you won't steal money or give away bank info
This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.