some thoughts on the album:
- parts of MCHG sound like an improved Yeezus. like, kanye introduced us to the new style, then jay showed us how its done right.
- i bet there's a version of "holy grail" with rihanna instead of justin timberlake.
- "heaven" sounds like some dangermouse grey album shit. JT doing john lennon works
- eminem needs to get on the "somewhereinamerica" remix and talk about the state of the country for a bit.
- "fuckwithmeyouknowigotit"makes me think of that scene in gladiator when caesar is coming back into rome and they're throwing that giant celebration/parade. rick ross is some fat european king in the middle ages. fucking awesome.
- the line "i dont pop molly, i rock tom ford" says so fucking much. i think he just pissed on like every young rapper right now. its like he's going "psssh.. these kids..."
- the last minute of "jay-z blue" is jaw dropping
i give the album a 9/10 so far. it's really good. i really really dig the overall soundscape of the album. content wise, there isn't much new stuff as opposed to yeezus. its still rich people rapping about being rich. the difference i guess is that with yeezus,kanye seems like he's making a statement. with jay, it just feels like he's listing facts. its all in the attitude in which they rap. like, kanye is saying "hey everyone look how awesome i am!!!" while jay is more "oh yeah. i do these awesome things. i guess that's makes me awesome." MCHG is just like a glimpse into the life of a king (or better yet "a god)". he goes around the world, hangs in the exclusive circles, shits on all the little kids who think they're tough/cool, buys/does things we can only imagine, but at the end of the day all he really cares/worries about are his queen, his princess, and his kingdom.
agree with this part especially. imo, yeezus demonstrates an artist's discontent with modern music and tries to break ground, but let's be real kanye doesnt try as hard as he used to with his versus. MCHG just rides on the upcoming new sound of hiphop, but hov just tells a better story.