hype cog

[Diamond Supply Co.] - 2010 Official Discussion Thread

Apr 04, 2010 @ 23:13
imo i think i would rather see diamond in macys than pac sun
Apr 04, 2010 @ 23:27

haha I dont get why anyone would care where other people get their clothes from.
Apr 04, 2010 @ 23:36
Dont know if any of you seen this, but Nick posted this upcoming shirt in one of his tweet's, he said its supposed to release in the Fall.

i like it, too bad there wasn't an alternate version, b/c the visual is strong enough to stand on its own without the text.
Apr 05, 2010 @ 01:08
let's see if it really does take 10-15 days. Day 1 starts Monday.
Apr 05, 2010 @ 02:48
anymore black/blue black/red cardigans in medium left?
Apr 05, 2010 @ 04:28
lol

The reason why they decided to sell their stuff at PacSun is because they want to make the brand/business bigger.

And in the end, sell more clothes.

You really got me with that one!
Apr 05, 2010 @ 08:04
Is this fifth grade where you go home and cry when someone is wearing the same shirt as you?

Diamond sells clothes.
PacSun sells clothes.
People buy clothes.
Diamond sells clothes to larger stores like PacSun so they can... (sit down for this one in case you aren't prepared) Sell clothes.

Why Nick, or anyone for that matter, would need to explain this is beyond me.

I really could care less about this and im actually probably just trolling.

But first off you make it way to simple. If that were the case, then fuck, Nike should release every single SB to every store and saturate the market. Diamond should be sold in Wal-Mart where it will reach an even broader market.

Fact is, I personally dont give a damn if it is sold at Pacsun, but I can see why others do. Its like seeing LV sold at H&M, it just doesnt sit right with those who bought the item from a legit store and shit like that can backfire on you.

If at the end of the day you are only wanting to make a company that will produce the most clothes, money etc. then sure go sell at strip malls.

But if you want to have a niche/community market that is hardcore and always there...and obviously producing good profit, i mean shit Nick's already rolling in a $100k+ BMW 7 Series. Then you have to tone it back and realize some things.

Personally, I would chase the money and have my shit in strip malls. But I dont come off as, "oh i do what i love, i do it for the fans/customers blah blah" type of bullshit, when i do business i make it evident its for the money.
Apr 05, 2010 @ 09:34

LMAO This nig is a fool hahaha
Apr 05, 2010 @ 10:08
mltd.com just got a few new diamond peices a few 5 panel hats,sf giants c/w un polo fitted and sf giants c/w rock fitted also the diamond blue scout belt from last year.
Apr 05, 2010 @ 12:31
Diamond at pacsun is like a legit skateboard company like City making decks for Target or Walmart. Its fucking lame. Im just glad that the designs are different and that they dont have the tags on the bottom, but who knows if thats how things will stay, kloop was supposed to get shirts only for their store and now they have everything.

Did Nike 6.0 hurt the SB Dunk game ?

WTB: Bablyon Pullover (L) Red, Black, or Gray only WTT: Red Supreme x Champion Satin Jacket (L) for Black or Blue (L)

Apr 05, 2010 @ 13:01
well SB had gone to shit in recent years and just now is getting its act back together
Apr 05, 2010 @ 13:06
I been watchin this whole debate about Pac Sun and it kinda reminds me of LRG as of late.. they were somewhat exclusive and they started releasing to alot of stores and now I see like 60 year old dudes rockin get lifted shirts.. all im worried about is seein diamonds main consumers goin from the people who care and search for these clothes to people strollin into pac sun and kno nothin about it and buyin it cuz its on the shelf.. the un-availabilty was what drew me to the brand cuz i knew i'd b rockin shit people never seen before.

but from a business point of a view, i can't hate on Nick expanding his business cuz hes just after his dough like all us.. i just hope when he blows up he doesnt lose his underground touch on these clothes, cuz then the brand is f*****
Apr 05, 2010 @ 16:31
Soooooooo, pacsun and shipping topics aside........

..anybody know when Spring 2 is dropping? I'm gonna be getting my return in a couple of weeks, and it's looking awfully hefty.
Apr 05, 2010 @ 17:55
Anyone got a szM black/black or black/diamond blue cardigan f/s? Pm me.

Thanks
Apr 05, 2010 @ 18:06
I'll sell you mine for $80shipped if it does'nt fit me right.
Apr 05, 2010 @ 18:42
Wat diamond at pacsun!!!! blinkyeyes blinkyeyes
Apr 05, 2010 @ 18:44
Omg Pacsun sells Diamond??
Apr 05, 2010 @ 19:27
lol they should make a new rule saying that you can't post in the Diamond Supply thread unless you have 25+ posts.
Apr 05, 2010 @ 19:41
black/black copped wish the black/ d. blue woulda gone online. I love the black base with the d. blue un polo logo its one of my faves.

Check my marketplace sale thread. PM me for NYC pickups. Going this weekend if you need NYC pickups i can do them including uniqlo

Apr 05, 2010 @ 19:58
^^ Yea they should!!
Apr 05, 2010 @ 20:28
lol the funny thing is it actually did

the nike 6.0 got stuffed tounges while the sbs became flat tounges

Yeah I didnt understand that shit
Apr 05, 2010 @ 21:28
^^ Yea they should!!

the irony..

im startin' off the day with a blunt of purp, no pancakes just a cup of syrup

Apr 05, 2010 @ 21:42
I guess so
Apr 05, 2010 @ 22:40
http://vimeo.com/10076473

got my diamond co fitted cause im skatin all the time

im startin' off the day with a blunt of purp, no pancakes just a cup of syrup

Apr 05, 2010 @ 23:51
I've got mixed feelings about this whole Pac Sun debate. Some of you that actually made an effort to think and convey your thoughts have definitely made some good points at both ends. Since it has seemingly put my opinion in a tricky dichotomy, I'm gonna reserve my opinion until I see more unravel.

Anyway, just wanted to share a "decorative" photo that pertains to DMND. Thanks to Tones for hooking me up on giving my "music room" a face lift...

Apr 06, 2010 @ 00:26
the irony..

lol

can anybody answer my question on spring 2 though pls? Nick? Tones? At least give me a month or something lol.
Apr 06, 2010 @ 00:51
Shout out to igotsssoul for using the word dichotomysmokeyface
Apr 06, 2010 @ 01:08
lol

can anybody answer my question on spring 2 though pls? Nick? Tones? At least give me a month or something lol.

should be soon dont know exact date, but lets say 3weeks??

Spring 1 is going out fast thanks to all the supporters. Thank you to everyone who stopped by!
Apr 06, 2010 @ 01:09
I've got mixed feelings about this whole Pac Sun debate. Some of you that actually made an effort to think and convey your thoughts have definitely made some good points at both ends. Since it has seemingly put my opinion in a tricky dichotomy, I'm gonna reserve my opinion until I see more unravel.

Anyway, just wanted to share a "decorative" photo that pertains to DMND. Thanks to Tones for hooking me up on giving my "music room" a face lift...

SICK man!! thats whats up.
Apr 06, 2010 @ 01:16
I wore my cardigan to church and got nothing but compliments. haha it was a nice change from my usual tshirt and denim look. Anyways hope you guys all had a great easter. Remember if you have any questions about the store on fairfax feel free to ask.

another thing is we have people that come in the store all the time who missed out on their fav shirt in their size. remember we rarely restock so once you see your size available its best if you get it. YOu dont wanna be another sad customer walking out empty handed haha.

Also keep checking the Diamond supply co site blog www.diamondsupplyco.com and nick's twitter www.twitter.com/nickydiamonds for diamond updates.

If your on spring break and near LA come on by the shop and kick it dont be scared to say hi we can catch a cigarette or something yeAH!
This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.
HYPECHAT 0