hype cog

America's Best Dance Crew

Sep 21, 2009 @ 17:17
Rhythm City should've been there in the end...is this shit rigged?

They had a safe winner in Rhythm City. Everybody wanted them to win.

Who the fuck is We Are Heroes?

Quest and Jabba would've easily smashed anyone this season.

Any top 4 crew could've smashed this season's crews.
Sep 21, 2009 @ 18:53
Any of the final two from the previous seasons (with the exception of Status Quo) would've destroyed any of the teams in this season.

I think Rhythm City should've taken it this year, but to tell you the truth they weren't consistent with their performances. I'm not saying that all the other crews were consistent, but where there were at most 3 breakout performances from RC IMO, and I know they could've done better where they were mediocre.

I can't, for the life of me, understand how Afro Borike is in the final two. They are this season's Status Quo. We Are Heroes will take it this season. If not, I will fly to LA, and Kanye that stage up.
Sep 21, 2009 @ 19:06
stopped watching it when rhythm city got the boot.. shit is rigged! just like how they took kaba out because they didn't want to west coast crew making it to the final
Sep 21, 2009 @ 19:18
Any of the final two from the previous seasons (with the exception of Status Quo) would've destroyed any of the teams in this season.

I think Rhythm City should've taken it this year, but to tell you the truth they weren't consistent with their performances. I'm not saying that all the other crews were consistent, but where there were at most 3 breakout performances from RC IMO, and I know they could've done better where they were mediocre.

I can't, for the life of me, understand how Afro Borike is in the final two. They are this season's Status Quo. We Are Heroes will take it this season. If not, I will fly to LA, and Kanye that stage up.

Rhythm City could be compared to Supreme Soul.

They're not consistent, but they're still better than the rest of the crews, even Massive Monkees.

Even that inconsistency factor should've taken them to the finals against WAH, and then RC taking it. Randy messed up this season badly, trying to compensate by having an all-female crew win.

WAH = copy of the copy of Beat Freaks
Sep 21, 2009 @ 19:52
shits rigged... rhythm city should be in the final 2, this shows gonna get canceled soon they better have extra security in the front incase lil mama trys to pose with we are heroes
Sep 21, 2009 @ 19:54
I hear you OhSnap. Should've been Rhythm City and We are Heroes in the finals. And you're right RJ messed it up cause it didn't even go to the voting for this, it was all the judges doing.

If it was RC and WAH in the final two though, RC would've smashed them. I'm still in awe at what Shane said when they kicked them off.

I also hear you on the WAH, but they don't really even stand in the same ring as the freaks. They're more like the younger brother of a starting varsity high school quarterback, they're JV. Still doesn't stop me from thinking they'll win this season. For once I agree with JC, that chick had daggers in her eyes during the tutting section.
Sep 21, 2009 @ 20:58
^ I didn't catch what JC said. Daggers in the Jap girl's eyes? As in she came out to kill it?

I admit that WAH's best performance was their Last Chance one. They were waiting to do it from the very beginning.

Still, one good performance doesn't mean all of the others were good too.
Sep 21, 2009 @ 20:59
^ I didn't catch what JC said. Daggers in the Jap girl's eyes? As in she came out to kill it?

I admit that WAH's best performance was their Last Chance one. They were waiting to do it from the very beginning.

Still, one good performance doesn't mean all of the others were good too.
Sep 21, 2009 @ 23:24
trying to figure out how they can claim the finalists are picked using the votes, but they had the final performance (where the final 2 crews made their own music, costumes and routine) in the same episode where the final 2 crews were picked...When did WAH make their song/costumes if they didn't know until this episode that they were in the finale?
Sep 21, 2009 @ 23:27
All 3 teams had their final performances ready in case they went on to the finale, Massive Monkeez had some sort of gladiator theme planned out but well you know what happened
Sep 22, 2009 @ 23:30
i swear if afroborique wins someone must day
Sep 24, 2009 @ 01:32
How can i dance just as good without Dance lessons? My friend can dance really good and she always wants to make dances with me. I really like to dance but im not that good at it, i really want to be a good hip hop dancer without taking dance lessons. Please help me!
Sep 27, 2009 @ 01:58
gay show imo, way too many kids are tryina act like theyve been dancing for years after this shit came out
Sep 27, 2009 @ 08:59
Originally posted by Inactive User
gay show imo, way too many kids are tryina act like theyve been dancing for years after this shit came out

You can usually tell which crews have been dancing together for awhile. All the other crews who acted like they've been together for awhile are out of sync, lines aren't clean, creativity isn't there, etc.
Sep 27, 2009 @ 23:25
i guess we'll see who wins tonite
Sep 28, 2009 @ 10:45
Glad America got it semi-right last night. I still feel that Rhythm City should've taken it.

BTW, anyone noticed the dude with the dreads shake his head when Mario Lopez was saying "We Are Heroes, are you the next America's Best Dance Crew?" Had to chuckle when I saw that.
Sep 28, 2009 @ 23:31
Yay! We Are Heroes!
Sep 29, 2009 @ 21:22
ehh show didn't amaze me this season and cosign on laughter if afroborike would've won tongueface
Oct 01, 2009 @ 02:18
season finale was whack. Fr3sh was prolly the dopest.
Oct 03, 2009 @ 15:47
You can usually tell which crews have been dancing together for awhile. All the other crews who acted like they've been together for awhile are out of sync, lines aren't clean, creativity isn't there, etc.

im talking about kids in the bay, not on the show
Oct 03, 2009 @ 16:02
season finale was whack. Fr3sh was prolly the dopest.

Good joke.

Inactive User

Jan 28, 2010 @ 15:47
it's that time of the year again. Any good teams this year?
Jan 28, 2010 @ 17:27
actually going to watch for this new season. let's see how this goes down.

@brandohnn *IC findme.

Jan 28, 2010 @ 17:29
Crews:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Best_Dance_Crew_%28season_5%29

--

I see Poreotics going far. They're the only one there I like.
Jan 28, 2010 @ 19:33
i saw the first and second season, after that, went kinda blah.
hoping for some choreo from the crews this year.
Jan 28, 2010 @ 19:41
Season 5 of America's Best Dance Crew premiers tonight at 10/9c!

Tonight the pressure is on The South, here are the regional finalists:

Ghost (Houston, TX): Ghost is a crew that has faced a lot of adversity in life and dance has always been their refuge. In fact, they all met through their local dance venues over the past five years seeking a way out life’s hardships, gangs and family death. The crew would break into a local apartment complex gym room just so they could practice dance. They consider their style inspirational hip-hop and they plan to offer up some of the best musicality “ABDC” has ever seen with hard hitting, complex movements. As dancers they are a tight unit and their personal hardships have brought them even closer together.

Jungle Boogie (Stone Mountain, GA): These dancers pride themselves on their southern “Cranking” style and are on a mission to become kings of the dance jungle. “Cranking” uses big step movements and arms to cover the entire dance floor and each of the six members has a unique animalistic move to wow this year’s competition.

Royal Flush (Atlanta, GA): This crew has auditioned every season and their refusal to give up has finally paid off. Changing members after each audition, the crew believes it finally has the dream team it needs for success. Educated on the streets, this diverse crew’s styles include krumping, tutting, popping, breaking and even a hint of

Swagger Crew (Atlanta, GA): Tired of trendy club dances, this brash Atlanta crew feels its time to put true Southern street dancing on the map. These confident dancers are fired up by the complete absence of Atlanta crews represented on past seasons of “ABDC” and know they have what it takes to put Atlanta on the map. With a combination of southern cockiness, fast footwork and determination this crew is ready to bring some raw swagger to the “ABDC” legacy.

X-treme Motion (Houston, TX): These former Texas Southern University majorettes are bringing their bootylicious bucking style to the mainstream stage. These high energy, acrobatic and stunt-filled Southern belles are on a mission to show the world their majorette style of dance is “often imitated but never duplicated.” Their style is influenced by both street jazz and hip-hop, but what really makes them distinct is an intense booty-shaking move they call “Buckin’.”

I'm working with America's Best Dance Crew if you have any questions send me a message!
Jan 28, 2010 @ 19:49
Ryan what exactly are you working by for ABDC?

@brandohnn *IC findme.

Jan 28, 2010 @ 19:58
POREOTIX ftw.

dumbo is gonna be in it. ***** is raw.

UCSB.

Jan 29, 2010 @ 19:49
X-treme Motion (Houston, TX): These former Texas Southern University majorettes are bringing their bootylicious bucking style to the mainstream stage. These high energy, acrobatic and stunt-filled Southern belles are on a mission to show the world their majorette style of dance is
Jan 30, 2010 @ 00:52
Kaba Modern was the shit, i would've rather seen them win then the jabbawockeez.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0