hype cog

The Official Levi's Thread

Mar 24, 2011 @ 10:40
ok i got the sand 501 stf in 32 x 36, soaks it for like for 5 hours in hot water then i let it dry in the shower and its shrink-ed to a 31 x 34 or 33 not sure but this is the results. pretty happy with the final fit, i can still shrink it more in the dryer, wat you guy think of the fit?

pre soak fit

post soaks fit

Mar 24, 2011 @ 17:05
extra: in-case anyone was wondering how the levis 520 fit here is a pic

Mar 24, 2011 @ 17:42
Good fits.
Mar 25, 2011 @ 11:41
Sands are looking real good.
Mar 28, 2011 @ 00:56
Ok so I just picked up two Levis 514's.

The first is a regular 514 Rigid wash. So far, it hasn't seemed to loose any of it's color, but I haven't washed it yet.

The second is a 514 Welder. I'm not sure what the difference is between the regular kind and the slightly more expensive Welder, other than that it comes in different washes and has different pockets in the back. I'm not sure if it's 'rigid' or not. Anyway, this one did have dye transfer. I let it soak in warm water and dried it, and now there isn't any more transferring.

So I have a few questions for both.

1) Will they keep losing dye each time I wash it? Or will the color only fade for the first wash, and keep its color for any future washes?

2) Will washing them make them loose their rigidness?

3) Will either of them shrink a lot after the first wash? I'm mostly worried about the regular rigid wash; like I said I'm not sure if the other is rigid.

4) If they do shrink on their first wash, will they continue to shrink even more for future washes?

Thanks
Mar 28, 2011 @ 19:30
About to buy a new pair of 511 denim. Is there anything specific to know, do I buy a size up or down, or my regular size? what type of wash should i do before first wear?
Mar 29, 2011 @ 07:33
Why wash before wear? Are they the rigids?

I have just got a pair of the 1966 super slims and they are super tight, is there any chance these will stretch a bit in the waist?
Mar 29, 2011 @ 09:12
im having an insanely hard time finding any Levi's 510s outside of the USA!! ARRRRGH
Mar 29, 2011 @ 10:40
About to buy a new pair of 511 denim. Is there anything specific to know, do I buy a size up or down, or my regular size? what type of wash should i do before first wear?

Go tts. And dont wash em. If their rigid I still wouldn't wash.

Inactive User

Mar 29, 2011 @ 11:46
Ok so I just picked up two Levis 514's.

The first is a regular 514 Rigid wash. So far, it hasn't seemed to loose any of it's color, but I haven't washed it yet.

The second is a 514 Welder. I'm not sure what the difference is between the regular kind and the slightly more expensive Welder, other than that it comes in different washes and has different pockets in the back. I'm not sure if it's 'rigid' or not. Anyway, this one did have dye transfer. I let it soak in warm water and dried it, and now there isn't any more transferring.

So I have a few questions for both.

1) Will they keep losing dye each time I wash it? Or will the color only fade for the first wash, and keep its color for any future washes?

2) Will washing them make them loose their rigidness?

3) Will either of them shrink a lot after the first wash? I'm mostly worried about the regular rigid wash; like I said I'm not sure if the other is rigid.

4) If they do shrink on their first wash, will they continue to shrink even more for future washes?

Thanks

1) Yes. They'll keep losing dye with every wash. Depends how much agitation is going on.

2) Yes. Washing will continue to soften the denim over time. After they dry they'll feel stiff, but they'll soften up quick.

3) Anything made of cotton is bound to shrink a little bit and stretch out a little. It's a constant give and take. If you want to minimize shrink use cold water when you wash and hang dry or dry on low.

4) Same answer as #3

Inactive User

Mar 29, 2011 @ 11:52
Why wash before wear? Are they the rigids?

I have just got a pair of the 1966 super slims and they are super tight, is there any chance these will stretch a bit in the waist?

You wouldn't need to wash "Rigid denim" at all before wearing unless you hate the stiff/rigid feel of the denim and want it to soften up. One reason to do a quick soak though is if you wanna wear them damp to set your creases. Other than that there isn't a point to pre-washing a rigid washed denim.

All denim will stretch with wear, just depends on what kind of denim it is and how much give you'll get.
Mar 30, 2011 @ 00:27
Can someone PLEASE post a STEP BY STEP guide on how to shrink these 501 STFs, i havent seen any that are clear (like how long im supposed to wait at certain times, if i should wear em before shrinking, etc), and i dont wanna sift through all the previous posts looking
Mar 30, 2011 @ 01:28
Can someone PLEASE post a STEP BY STEP guide on how to shrink these 501 STFs, i havent seen any that are clear (like how long im supposed to wait at certain times, if i should wear em before shrinking, etc), and i dont wanna sift through all the previous posts looking

hey can u wait friday ?, i will post my second new pair of 501stf i ordered here and all the process of how to shrink it, so can you? btw i posted the sand one in the last page
Mar 30, 2011 @ 01:38

Dude. Put them in water. Hang them until they're dry. Wear them. It's not difficult lol.
Mar 30, 2011 @ 07:43
fit on the 1966 super slims, these are fucking hurting! may have to get rid..

Mar 30, 2011 @ 14:24

I recently bought some 511's and needed to size up 1. My usual size was tight as hell and very uncomfortable.

Just wear em, no need to do a wash or soak.
Mar 31, 2011 @ 17:30
Not enough posts yet to add links to vids but there's two good guides on youtube:

Levis 501 Shrink to Fit

Guide To Shrinking Levis 501 Shrink-to-Fit Jeans
Mar 31, 2011 @ 17:33

Not enough posts yet to add links to vids but there's two good guides on youtube:

Levis 501 Shrink to Fit

Guide To Shrinking Levis 501 Shrink-to-Fit Jeans
Apr 01, 2011 @ 21:58
bought anoother 501stf this time in blue, i decided to shrink them to the maximum using dryer unlike the sands that i hang dry

pre soak

post soak

now compared to the sands

its obvious that the blue jeans is slimmer, thats because i used the dryer so if you want a slimmer fit use the dryer
Apr 02, 2011 @ 00:28
tan ones look really nice.
Apr 02, 2011 @ 06:17
The stretch black 511s fit me perfectly.

It stretches out too much, though. Might have to try 510s (which are nuthuggers, I hear).
Apr 02, 2011 @ 13:08
bought anoother 501stf this time in blue, i decided to shrink them to the maximum using dryer unlike the sands that i hang dry
post soak

/QUOTE]

Just curious, but how did you size it? And can you measure the leg opening for me? Thanks dude.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Apr 02, 2011 @ 20:37

i used this method today, worked great
http://501xx.info/blog/501_shrink_to_fit_2/
Apr 02, 2011 @ 21:34
post soak

/QUOTE]

Just curious, but how did you size it? And can you measure the leg opening for me? Thanks dude.

i am 6 feet and half tall,i usually wear a 32 x 34, but i got a 32 x 36, if your just soaking it then hang drying them stay true to size in the waist but if your soaking then using the dryer get 1 size bigger than your usual waist, and the leg opening you asked for is 8 inches

hang dry i got 32x34
dryer i got a 31x33 but its stretching to a 32
Apr 03, 2011 @ 01:49
I don't even soak my 501's. I like them with the fresh sheen better
Apr 03, 2011 @ 11:31
Do you guys think i should let 501 stf's shrink before taking them to the tailors, or should i just go ahead and take them to the tailors before i shrink them?

http://www.prevailco.com

Apr 03, 2011 @ 15:54
Do you guys think i should let 501 stf's shrink before taking them to the tailors, or should i just go ahead and take them to the tailors before i shrink them?

shrink them first man, its the best option
Apr 03, 2011 @ 21:43
copy/paste the link. its my first pair of 501 which i ended up soaking twice because i fucked up the first time, long story lol

http://i.imgur.com/24zx5.jpg
Apr 04, 2011 @ 15:05
how'd you size those?
Apr 04, 2011 @ 15:13
Yoo does anyone have pics of petite standards true to size??
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0