Small DENIM Questions Thread

Aug 10, 2010 @ 22:44
im taking my slim fits to a tailor tommrow, and i was wondering what taper length is best to be fitted, and fall perfect on a pair of canvas sneakers (i.e. chucks, vans)

Is 7.5 good?

the current length is 8.0

any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: question has been answered.
Aug 10, 2010 @ 22:46
Have your tailor pin your jeans to the amount of taper you want before tapering and see what you like best.
Aug 11, 2010 @ 16:49
I asked this question in the 3Sixteen thread but this thread is probably a better place to ask.

How do you know if a pair of jeans has a taper or not?
I know some actually say it, but what about those that don't?
Unless if it doesnt say then it doesnt have one?
but I'm pretty sure my skulls have a taper but no where on SE/BiG does it say it does.

unless they don't?
Aug 11, 2010 @ 22:18
grim tim.
Aug 14, 2010 @ 06:31
any black coated denim that will get shiny after wearing and fit similiar to , or slimmer than nudies SJDBC, but with a plain backpockt?
Aug 16, 2010 @ 22:19
Skull S5010XX or Samurai S710XX??
Aug 16, 2010 @ 22:44
^ I believe Skulls 5010's are slimmer than S710's.

I think Skulls 5070's are more like the S710's. According to BiG measurements.
Aug 16, 2010 @ 23:01
i cant decide between Skull 5070 and Samurai 710....
Aug 16, 2010 @ 23:11
Well I just ordered my sams blushing
Looking at pictures & stuff, the fading on sams are really nice.
Also, heard that Skulls stitching is pretty weak. I think the price for Sams is that high for a reason, quality. Not saying Skulls aren't quality, they're very nice.
Aug 16, 2010 @ 23:20
somebody said skull purposely put weak stitching so it gets people to do repairs an such while they wear them? just a statement i heard, but skulls are still worth getting imo.
Aug 16, 2010 @ 23:22
Well I just ordered my sams blushing
Looking at pictures & stuff, the fading on sams are really nice.
Also, heard that Skulls stitching is pretty weak. I think the price for Sams is that high for a reason, quality. Not saying Skulls aren't quality, they're very nice.

did you order them from BiG? how much is shipping?
Aug 17, 2010 @ 03:03
sam prices even higher than fullcount and the latter uses zimbabwe cotton, wat does sam use?
skull is nice overall including pricing im not just not a fan of the patch design by ed hardy
Aug 17, 2010 @ 05:28
Hi all! I have a question, what do you recommend a similar style of jeans for apc ns, flathead, etc. I mean in order to truly were lying on their feet, shoes. Unfortunately, I have a limited budget.
Aug 17, 2010 @ 07:23
^whats ur budget?
Aug 17, 2010 @ 10:06
100$
Aug 17, 2010 @ 14:35
^ $100... I would look for a used APCs, Flatheads etc.

I miss old HB...

Aug 17, 2010 @ 16:06
You could try the Urban Outfitters Unbranded denim, probably the slim straight cut. They're $78 (more if you add tax and shipping but still less than $100) and they're pretty solid. People say the quality is comparable to APC. You could get used APCs like Avic said but I wouldn't suggest getting used jeans
Aug 17, 2010 @ 16:37
hey i just bought my jeans two sizes down and cant button up the last one what would be a fast way to stretch em out?
Aug 17, 2010 @ 17:29
If you're referring to the Unbranded jeans, those don't stretch much, only maybe half an inch or 3/4 of an inch. They're not like APCs. If you could you should probably just return them for the right size
Aug 18, 2010 @ 11:17
Originally posted by Inactive User
You could try the Urban Outfitters Unbranded denim, probably the slim straight cut. They're $78 (more if you add tax and shipping but still less than $100) and they're pretty solid. People say the quality is comparable to APC. You could get used APCs like Avic said but I wouldn't suggest getting used jeans

I would recommend used jeans.. Just not jeans that are fully broken in, unless you are a lazy ass. But, if you buy used with lets say few creases for $50+ off retail, it isn't a bad deal then.

jacobskoglund.com

Aug 19, 2010 @ 20:26
how does heat and humidity affect denim?

say I would be wearing a pair of jawns in 90 degree weather compared to 30 degree weather
Aug 20, 2010 @ 22:17
itd just get more sweaty
Aug 21, 2010 @ 06:21
does anyone know how inseams work? i know that the higher the number the longer the leg is of course but i am asking about proportion. today i tried on a pair of khakis and i went with the longer inseam so it wouldnt look like they just end at my shoes. thing is, i was wondering if the thigh gets bigger as well if you get a longer inseam? wouldnt companies make the thigh room bigger even if it is the same waist just in case that taller person has larger thighs? it wouldnt be right to just extend the lower half of the pant legs would it? i am asking because i wanted the slimmer fit between the two (but at the same waist size) and was scared that if i got the higher inseam then the butt/leg would be slightly larger.
Aug 21, 2010 @ 11:23
my true size is a 30. but from what im hearing its that ps's are slimmer than nc's so what im getting at is I dont mind to wear a belt if it gets lose around the waist, so im jsut wondering would sizing down on one size with ps's give me around the same style for me if i were to size down 2 on nc's.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 14:37
i got some naked and famous at buffalo exchange and i noticed that the previous owner had machine washed and dried them. is there any way i could stiffen them up to somewhat original stiffness?
Aug 22, 2010 @ 18:05
I am looking to buy a pair of dry denim jeans and am looking for advice. I have a pair of Polo Vintage 67 'dry' 'selvedge' jeans that I have worn for the past year, and they are the best/most comfortable jeans i have ever owned. The only thing is I cannot find anything about these jeans anywhere on the internet, except a few small posts. I am pretty sure they were raw when i bought them (though I didnt know this at the time), because of the way they faded.

I wasn't interested in raw denim before these jeans, but after having a pair I decided I would like to get a new pair. I am looking for raw denim under $100 with a slim but not particularly tight fit. So far I have looked at some Levi's 501's, 514's, and some Gap selvedge dry denim.

I would like to be able to try them on first, but in many cases thats not possible, so maybe just a fit comparison to levis 501 or 514 would be good

thanks
Aug 24, 2010 @ 21:01
Eternal 811 or Warehouse 660?
Aug 25, 2010 @ 05:42
Eternal 811 or Warehouse 660?

i think the cut on 660 is more flattering for most people, but if you could manage to get your hands on contest 811s i would do that
Aug 25, 2010 @ 11:14
Hey, I want to wash my Apc's.. how should I go bout this besides using woolite black to minimize indigo loss? I want to know what temperature I should use etc.
Aug 25, 2010 @ 14:04
Probably a cold wash if you're concerned with losing too much dye
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0