Small DENIM Questions Thread

Dec 20, 2009 @ 04:54
Is this true? Its good idea, soak my apc's afte 2,5month's of wear? Will they fade really faster?

It's all up to you, If you soak now, you will lose color, so at the end of it all your fades will be closer to the rest of the jeans..if you wait then the fades are more contrasting...personally id wait till 6 months
Dec 20, 2009 @ 09:49
What other stores can I find apcs besides tobi? I've checked context and a few others but I can't find any.
Dec 21, 2009 @ 03:01
are prps sanforized?

@waytoogojustin

Dec 22, 2009 @ 15:24
What other stores can I find apcs besides tobi? I've checked context and a few others but I can't find any.

denimbar
azalea
Dec 22, 2009 @ 16:13
i came up on free dc straight fit black raw selvedge denim 28x30 anyone knows if these will fade
Dec 22, 2009 @ 16:40
My current situation is that one leg shrunk due to beach water after a trip.

My question is, if I machine wash them, will they shrink back to even lenght, or will they shrink to proportion and remain uneven? Should i wash in hot or cold? And if continues to be unproportional, or if above method won't work, then should I just soak the longe side? Or am I just fucked?

If no one has a solution, I'ma simply soak the other leg and let it dry...
Dec 23, 2009 @ 15:59
If no one has a solution, I'ma simply soak the other leg and let it dry...

dump the jeans in water
if one shrunk most likely that will be the most itll shrink unless you run it through a full wash
so soaking it wont effect it as much an would even things out
Dec 24, 2009 @ 12:28
dump the jeans in water
if one shrunk most likely that will be the most itll shrink unless you run it through a full wash
so soaking it wont effect it as much an would even things out

Yeah, I'm thinking of dumping the other side in water as I can still feel/calculate the difference in how the denim feels, so I should be able to even it out with ease. Thanks.

Also, if anyone has another opinion or solution, then let it be heard because I don't plan to do implement the change until after the holidays.
Dec 25, 2009 @ 17:46
Does anybody know if Nudie Slim Jim Dry Japans are unsanforized? I have a brand new pair btw.
I wanna soak them to shrink a little before I wear them, this a good idea?
Dec 26, 2009 @ 00:01
Can somebody help me find the post where the dude spray painted his black jeans? I think he made them glossy or something like that. Any info would be appreciated because I wanna do something to my black paints.
Dec 26, 2009 @ 03:55
how're the quality and fit on the uniqlo japan denim slim fit straight jeans compared to APC NS? also, are they true to size?

Melo Gang All Day

Dec 28, 2009 @ 01:12
i got a pair of levis 514 today and i want to get them tigher (like 511 tight) without completely fading them.

thanks.
Dec 28, 2009 @ 11:42
514s r a straight fit, while 511s r a skinny fit. So about the only thing u can do to achieve a 511 fit is to get them tapered, if not then theres not other way
Dec 28, 2009 @ 12:02
Hey I just bought an used pair of Nudies off of someone, everything else fits fine but the ass part is stretched to shit. Is there a way to tailor them to make it smaller? I know that soaking and washing the jeans will shrink them, but I really dont want to resort to that since there are no fades yet.
Dec 28, 2009 @ 14:06
My current situation is that one leg shrunk due to beach water after a trip.

My question is, if I machine wash them, will they shrink back to even lenght, or will they shrink to proportion and remain uneven? Should i wash in hot or cold? And if continues to be unproportional, or if above method won't work, then should I just soak the longe side? Or am I just fucked?

I'm gonna quote one more time. If no responses, then I'm on my own. =(
Dec 28, 2009 @ 14:31
^either wash or soak doesnt matter, it'll even itself back up
Dec 28, 2009 @ 17:58
^either wash or soak doesnt matter, it'll even itself back up

Good lookin out.

Anyone beg to differ? If not, then soak it is.
Dec 28, 2009 @ 17:59
Hey I just bought an used pair of Nudies off of someone, everything else fits fine but the ass part is stretched to shit. Is there a way to tailor them to make it smaller? I know that soaking and washing the jeans will shrink them, but I really dont want to resort to that since there are no fades yet.

can anyone help me out?
Dec 28, 2009 @ 19:25
yessir.
Dec 28, 2009 @ 20:47
if i soak some stf in hot water, but i dont put them in the dryer, will they still shrink?

unless u want them to feel extra soft never dry them in the dryer
Dec 30, 2009 @ 03:04
can anyone help me out?

just get em tailored.. tell the tailor what you want.

take before and after pics.
Jan 02, 2010 @ 18:16
unless u want them to feel extra soft never dry them in the dryer

will they shrink if you just put em into the dryer dry? to get them soft?

also i tried on some apcs today and need help on the sizing

how should i size on these?im thinking of getting new cures or petit standards

i tried on new cures and can button up all the way a 29 but its really tight

and i tried a 28 and can only do 1 button and i can wear a 27 in NS

what do you guys think?

how much will they stretch out and will they stretchout elsewhere too like the legs thighs?...

or do i go with a 30?

and do apcs bleed a lot?
Jan 02, 2010 @ 20:08
new cures get 29
petite standard get 28
Jan 02, 2010 @ 20:30
I usually wear a size 32, should I get a size 30 or 29 in petite standard ? I don't want the jeans to be skinny, just slim
Jan 02, 2010 @ 20:55
^ I'd say 30, sizing down 3 on PS will probably be way too tight.
Jan 02, 2010 @ 21:32
new cures get 29
petite standard get 28

my true waist is a 34 though
Jan 02, 2010 @ 21:42
^ You shouldn't be sizing down anywhere near that much if you are a true 34
Jan 02, 2010 @ 21:48
i can button up a 29 in new cures tho

and only 1 button on the 28's
Jan 02, 2010 @ 21:53
I'm 3 months into my weirdguys & was thinking of giving them a wash or soak, don't know which one.
Not really much fading going on but they're startin' to stankkk so yeah, what would be good?
Jan 02, 2010 @ 22:33
i can button up a 29 in new cures tho

and only 1 button on the 28's

Sounds like you might be confused about your true waist measurement then, because there should be no way you can size down 5 on NCs and still have them button up blinkyeyes
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0