The Official A.P.C Denim Thread

Nov 24, 2007 @ 00:09
Too lazy to read through the entire thread, but my question is this:

I'm going to pick up some black new standards tomorrow and I'm not sure what size to get. I wear a 30 in H&M Sliqs and love the fit of them post-wash shrinkage. Should I get same size in NS or size down? I want them to fit much like Cheech's that he posted. (here - http://www.hypebeast.com/forum/showpost.php?p=799447&postcount=265)

Thanks!
Nov 24, 2007 @ 00:18
I'd size down 2 if you want them to fit like his.

When you first get them, they won't fit like his, but after two weeks they will.
Nov 25, 2007 @ 19:15
Hm, it looks to me like the New Standards are actually a little more like a Nudie Even Steven rather than a Slim Jim once they stretch. I sized down on my Slim Jims to make a fairly slim jean (hemming them as well to straighten the silhouette even more) What if I were to buy a pair of new cures and only size down one or not at all? Would that achieve a slim look without being goofy tight?

And I apologize to contributing yet another sizing question to this thread, but you APC heads have to know this shit is confusing!
Nov 28, 2007 @ 15:23
Need some recommendations. I have a rather slim build about 5"8 and 130 lbs. I usually wear 28 x 30 am I going to have to hem it? I prolly have the ideal build for Dior's lol, but I want to experiment with APC's first.

I'm not sure if the slim fit would look good on me since it would make me look even more skinny! I'm debating between the Rescue and New Cure. Given my build, do you think the slim fit would still look good? Would the Rescue be too loose to form noticable distress and combs?
Nov 28, 2007 @ 15:44
Just read most of this thread and lol at all the sizing down questions. I think many of you are sizing down way too much....that's why it's stretching it out too big.

Think about it logically. If you size down 3-4 your natural size, it's going to be tight as shit so of course it will stretch out much bigger than your natural size. If you only size down 1-2, they won't be as tight and wont' stretch out nearly as much. Food for thought....
Nov 28, 2007 @ 17:56
Alright, so I originally wanted to get some light-blue pre-washed denims, and I started a thread where someone suggested a pair by Marc Jacobs, not too expensive....buuut, I was snooping around on tobi.com and I saw a pair of A.P.C. "New Cure"...And they look sick...$140.

Is it a nice pair of jeans to copp and mess around with?

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

Nov 29, 2007 @ 20:35
^ Word. My denim game is booboo...I mean, I rock my shit hard, but I have no high quality denim whatsoever. I currently own a pair of Gap Morrisons (too rigid, never any fading), H&M Sliqs (too flimsy, looooooots of wears w/ veeeery minimal fading) and Cheap Mondays (not too crazy about 'em). I've been looking for a certain fit of high-quality not too expensive shit and I think the APCs are what I've been searching for...

Anyone have any pics of the New Cures being worn?

Nov 29, 2007 @ 23:09
^ Word. My denim game is booboo...I mean, I rock my shit hard, but I have no high quality denim whatsoever. I currently own a pair of Gap Morrisons (too rigid, never any fading), H&M Sliqs (too flimsy, looooooots of wears w/ veeeery minimal fading) and Cheap Mondays (not too crazy about 'em). I've been looking for a certain fit of high-quality not too expensive shit and I think the APCs are what I've been searching for...

Anyone have any pics of the New Cures being worn?

cosign i want to see some pictures of the new cures being sagged a bit.

Also where is the cheapest place to cop APC on the internet?
Nov 30, 2007 @ 01:08
denimbaronline.com, use the discount code, price comes to 112 or something around that.
Nov 30, 2007 @ 08:38
what is the discount code?
Nov 30, 2007 @ 09:48
denimbaronline.com, use the discount code, price comes to 112 or something around that.

A.P.C.'s are currently NOT on the website, they are re-stocking them now...
Nov 30, 2007 @ 17:49
what is the discount code?

i think it was style4um, 20% off. i had a 30% one but i forgot it. sorry
Dec 01, 2007 @ 08:07
Hello,
I'll get my raw blue NS (but W30 is sold out) , and I'm lookin for a pair shoes for matching the NS.

1. Vans Slip On ( I like it but I can't find my favorite colorsmh)
2. Vans Era
3. Converse All Star

Or, any ideas?

Thanks.
Dec 01, 2007 @ 08:15
pretty sure about everything will go with denim ....
Dec 01, 2007 @ 09:13
so APCs are only sold in a 34 inseam?
Dec 01, 2007 @ 19:32
jesus christ. they don't sell them in 32?
Dec 01, 2007 @ 23:34
i think the smallest length is 34
Dec 02, 2007 @ 17:37
Are new cures really really slim fit? Like extra tight?

Dec 02, 2007 @ 17:58
Yes they're pretty tight all around.

/

Dec 02, 2007 @ 19:04
Question: I'm thinking of buying some APCs from their website. When it gives you the sizes to add to your cart like size 30, is that waste 30 and length 30? I've never ordered denim online so could somebody help me out?

"Como no me he preocupado de nacer, no me preocupo de morir."

Dec 02, 2007 @ 22:31
waist 30...they don't have length 30
Dec 02, 2007 @ 23:09
why would they list the size of the inseams?
Dec 04, 2007 @ 00:28
Rescue Smaller size?
does anyone know what's APC's Rescue smaller size?
Other model go well below 27 but I've never seen a rescue smaller than 28.
Does it exist in 27?
28 is just fine for me but it'll stretch....

/nodje
Dec 04, 2007 @ 20:09
Can someone please post pictures of them rockin' New Cures?...I couldn't find any pics on the internet and I don't feel like searching through this whole big ass thread.

...'Cause I wanna copp soon, I need them before December 20th so I need to see how they look being worn before I order them.

Dec 04, 2007 @ 21:56
^^look in the first page of wdywt. Andrew is wearing them.
Dec 05, 2007 @ 08:48
Can someone please post pictures of them rockin' New Cures?...I couldn't find any pics on the internet and I don't feel like searching through this whole big ass thread.

...'Cause I wanna copp soon, I need them before December 20th so I need to see how they look being worn before I order them.

Camd3n is also wearing his worn in ones in a couple of his WDYWT posts...
Dec 05, 2007 @ 15:32
To Leumas:
The APCS you're wearing in your WDYWT pics, are they New Standards? How much did you size down?
Dec 06, 2007 @ 14:29
How thick are APC NS? Like 14oz?
Dec 06, 2007 @ 14:48
^ I believe so.
So, I got my black NS's yesterday and they were DEFINITELY tighter than I expected, and I know they will take longer to stretch out, so I think I'm going to exchange for one size up. Should I stick it out or go a sz up?
Dec 08, 2007 @ 10:37
Originally posted by Inactive User
^ I believe so.
So, I got my black NS's yesterday and they were DEFINITELY tighter than I expected, and I know they will take longer to stretch out, so I think I'm going to exchange for one size up. Should I stick it out or go a sz up?

?
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0